Cheap Flight Tickets to Maldives
Search Deals on Airfare to Maldives
Want to make sure you're getting the best deal on cheap flights to the Maldives? Use maldives-magazine.com online service to plan your trip to one of the most sought-after island destinations in the world. Browse flight deals from leading airlines around the world and discover the perfect flight for your budget in seconds.
For cheap flights, fly from Asia or the Middle East. It's no secret that tickets to the Maldives can be expensive. To get around this, book your trip with Air Asia or Sri Lankan Airlines to save big on your ticket price.
Direct flights to Male you can catch from a some Europe air hubs: Rome, Istanbul, Moscow and Kiev.
Emirates, Qatar, Singapore — which airlines are resuming Maldives flights and when in 2020? - read here.
Good to knew the fastest way to get from Australia to the Maldives is Singapore Airlines or by Air Asia via Kuala Lumpur. Return Flights from Perth can be as low as $1000AUD return, rising to $1,400-1,600AUD return from Sydney, the Gold Coast and Melbourne.
From US: If you're flying from the west coast, then the easiest stopovers would be Hong Kong or Singapore (which is more low key than HK but still a city break). From the east coast, then Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha. Otherwise, you could also go via London - guaranteed that won't be too hot for you! Cheap flights from the USA to Maldives are as low as $1,000USD (Aeroflot, Sri Lankan Air) round trip and fly out of major international hubs such as New York, Boston, Las Vegas, Washington & LA rising the $1,500USD return from San Fransisco, Chicago and Atlanta.
Most of SE Asia is accessible from the Maldives. Best way to get Male from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, or Manila.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- SUN SIYAM Resorts - Easter Offer - Up to 30% OFF
- Crown & Champa Resorts: Up to 50% OFF
- LUX* South Ari Atoll - 45% OFF, COMPLIMENTARY Meal Plan Upgrade from FB to All-Inclusive
- Furaveri Maldives - 45% OFF, Anniversaey SALE; Kids stay free
- Hideaway Beach Resort - Easter Offer: 45% OFF
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Cora Cora Maldives - 40% OFF, on Premium Inclusions & flexibility
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
5 Tips for First Time Travellers To Maldives Should Know:
- When booking airline tickets, you should keep in mind that FRIDAY in the Maldives is a day off and if you are planning a public ferry transfer to your island on the day of arrival - this time the ferries do not operate and you will have to stay one night in Male. This note does not apply to speedboats and seaplanes.
- WiFi is not always free in the Maldives. Check with your resort before you arrive to see if it's included. Otherwise, you'll have to fork out for expensive internet packages that cost USD 150 per week.
- Check your arrival times. If your international flight arrives after 4:00 p.m. you'll need to spend a night on Male or at a hotel on Airport Island.
- The Maldives is one of two countries in the world with a 100% Muslim population. Keep this in mind if you're visiting during Ramadan and cover up when visiting important religious sites.
- There are a few rules you have to follow while on the inhabited islands. Public displays of affection are against the law, pork and alcohol are not for sale, and revealing clothing is discouraged.
- But the good news is that once you're stay on the resort islands, the above doesn't apply.
Below are the top tips which will save you a lot of money:
- For long-haul flights (e.g. from USA), you should book three to five months before your trip. For quick journeys (e.g. from Europe or Asia), it's a good idea to book about two months out.
- Sign up for low fare alerts. Expert Fare Analysts email you reports of the best fares, departing from your airports of choice.
- Use Incognito Window when searching the tickets. Usually booking sites track your cookies. They take notice of your searching patterns, and then they raise fares the next time you search for a flight. When searching for the best airfare, always make sure to open up an Incognito Window in Google Chrome. That way, booking sites won't be able to monitor your search history and cookie storage, and you'll end up with better, cheaper search results!
- When it comes to finding the best flight deals, Sunday is the new “it” day.
- Be flexible and use fare calendars, buy two one-way flights, book directly. Sometimes, it's cheaper to book your flight directly through the airline's website.
- Travel in the off season. If you decide to travel in the off/low season, when there's less demand, you'll save a big chunk of change!
- Use budget airlines. In any case, flying with budget airlines can be a great, easy way to pay less for airfare.
- Take the longer route. If you'd rather save money than time, choosing longer journeys can save you hundreds.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2024
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More