6 Underwater Restaurants in The Maldives
Where to Dine Underwater in the Maldives?
Ever wonder if you can eat while you’re underwater? Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. You do not need to be a diver to eat and drink amid the crystal blue waters of the some of the world's most beautiful destination. Luxury underwater restaurants are the most unique dining experiences in the world and not every day you can say you ate with the fishes. Imagine feasting on oysters while submerged beneath the Indian Ocean, or sipping Dom Pérignon with the company of a sea turtle. No matter you want to have a romantic dinner with your beloved one or take your family for a very special lunch, the handful of underwater restaurants around the Maldives are ready to provide the WOW factor!
F&B outlets is a delightful part of the Maldives hospitality industry but some gourmets can't longer help but crave an out-of-this-world dining experience where the ultra-wealthy can have a truly immersive dine experience. And it’s not beach dining anymore, but the 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must to visit for making your holiday experience on these honeymoon's islands an affair to remember. Send your senses soaring a some meters below the ocean with these an incredible underwater eateries in the Maldives offer the unreal experience of wining and dining under the sea.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Sitting five metres below the surface of the Indian Ocean, Ithaa is the world's frst undersea restaurant located at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island in Alif Dhaal Atoll, offering 180-degree panoramic views of the vibrant coral gardens surrounding it. The food offering is a true delight and features a distinctive set lunch and dinner menus featuring local spices and produce blended with Western infuences matched with fine wines. Means 'mother-of-pearl' in Dhivehi, this amazing restaurant is also open for mid-morning cocktails. Ithaa can be reserved for private dining, weddings and special occasions.
This luxurious and sophisticated Maldivian resort is located on two idyllic islands combining the best beaches and over-water accommodation, both with dense vegetation and palm trees that create a natural tropical paradise. This very prestigious resort annually wins many awards, and suitable for couples and families alike, and Conrad is all about glamorous splendor in a luxury setting with some of the most exciting underwater adventures in the Maldives. The two private islands connected by a 500m bridge and both are designed for true enjoyment. READ FULL REVIEW
The Hurawalhi's star attraction is the world's largest panoramic underwater restaurant, called '5.8 Undersea', which allows you to dive into gastronomic pleasures to a depth of 5.8 meters. Each dish combines the best ingredients with innovation and style, leading to a showcase of creative modern cuisine combined with an incredible location, wine list and exceptional service. Featuring only 8 tables, and surrounded by hypnotic views of the underwater world, a restaurant with a minimalist design is focused outward; and the prices for romance are high - each table is served only for two guests. The menu concept is a tasting extravaganza from several dishes, also available with wine, and comments by the sommelier.
Hurawalhi in the Maldives - this is incomparable, extraordinary and absolutely original. Ecologically innovative, a new 5*-star resort, the world's largest underwater restaurant, tropical champagne pavilion, stylish villas and politics just over 15 years old, and with no other resorts in the neighborhood as far as the eye can see - Hurawalhi Island Resort offers its own look at Paradise. The so-called reinterpreted Maldives, a truly unique five-star tropical experience, located amidst beautiful coral reefs at Lhaviyani Atoll, opened at the end of 2016. The five-star Hurawalhi resort is accessible by a 40-minute scenic seaplane flight from the main airport, and offers 90 villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas, for grown-ups who are seeking luxury and innovation. READ FULL REVIEW
Signature The Sea at Anantara Kihavah stands out from all the best dining experience with a seasonal five-course lunch and a set menu for a four-course dinner served in the glittering glass walls three meters below the sea level. Take a table by the window in the Sea for an amazing food at the ocean's bottom without getting wet, where you will dreamily swim by fish while you feast on lobsters or degustation menu, coupled with a good selection of 6,500 bottles of wine. The international gourmet menu accompanied with a choice of wines spanning nine decades is truly world class and paired by their resident Wine Guru.
Discover Anantara Kihavah, a boutique hotel with all the advantages of a paradise island of dreams you can imagine - white beaches with fringed palm trees, turquoise waters, dedicated butlers, fine dining and luxurious Over Water Villas - and you will not be disappointed. In fact, the reality will surpass all your fantasies with an underwater wine cellar, six over water spa suites, and a 49-meter long, one of the longest in the Maldives, infinity swimming pool. Set on Kihavah Huravalhi, one of the most pristine Maldivian Islands, the resort is 30-minute seaplane flight from Velana International Airport, an unforgettable experience in itself as the plane flies over a string of glowing coral islands and Maldives resorts amidst turquoise waters. Comprising 74 one-bedroom villas, four two-bedroom residences and a three-bedroom residence, each hideaway boasts large personal infinity-edge pools, dining pavilions, expansive wooden sundecks and ample lounging areas complete with swinging daybeds, hammocks and sun loungers. READ FULL REVIEW
Dive into Champagne breakfasts, subaquatic lunches, gourmet dinners and glow parties illuminating the night alongside the theatre of the reef at Subsix. Located at Niyama Private Islands, the club is accessible by boat and the guests well shaken by speedboat are then immersed in the submarine of the three-story Subsix. Mirror floors and Italian abstract chandeliers add a surreal shine to the fantastic foyer, and inside the club guests sit in anemone-like armchairs under a thousand strings of seashells strung over the ceiling. If you want a frezy night of insanity the club has a weekly Glow Party and DJ nights, and also wine degustations and marine biologist lectures, but a worthy show of parrot fish, moray eels and other exotic marine life is much more attractive than happens on the dance floor.
Proclaiming itself "Nature's playground", Niyama Private Islands Maldives takes barefoot luxury to an exotic new level. Its two islands Chill and Play, one with a family focus and the other dedicated to couples are a tropical paradise with lush vegetation, ivory white beaches, crystal clear waters and endless views out over the Indian Ocean. The resort is a mix of modern and traditional Maldivian design and facilities, with a distinctive edgy feel, where guests are wonderfully looked after, choosing between total privacy and an extraordinary range of activities. From the pool and the bar on the west side to the spa rooms with a continuous view of the white waves breaking about the reef, to the offshore restaurant with its underwater club, Niyama really exudes the paradise Maldives. READ FULL REVIEW
Open for lunch and dinner M6m is exclusive underwater restaurant and it is without a doubt the jewel in the crown of the fine dining experiences at OZEN. This specialty seafood restaurant showcases beautiful underwater views whilst you enjoy exceptionally exotic modern seafood cuisine! This place is phenomenal and the whole experience is amazing from the bar upstairs to the underwater restaurant. Plenty of fish go by as you dine here with amazing degustation menu (one or two) 5 course meal and perfect wine combinations. Super service in fantastic surroundings. The staff as everywhere else at Ozen provide impeccable and friendly service, serving a beautiful range of food and wine at M6m.
With the incredible Atmosphere INDULGENCE ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAY PLAN, including diving the new OZEN by Atmosphere is a home away from home found among the paradise islands of South Male Atoll in the Maldives. Opening its doors in July 2016 - OZEN by Atmosphere offers discerning travelers an exceptional uniquely luxury all-inclusive experience. OZEN is the only resort in the Maldives where diving is included in the price offering a unique chance to explore a fantastic marine life below Indian Ocean's water surface without sacrificing the budget. Villas and Water Suites feature the top luxury of an exclusive accommodation. READ FULL REVIEW
The newest resort oozes romance, with drop-dead gorgeous villas and free flow champagne, not to mention an intimate fine dining designer restaurant, H2O by LAGO, which is fully submerged underwater at the bottom of the island’s lagoon. The resort's H2O treats diners to a 360-degree view of the Maldives' incredible marine environment, as they dine on gourmet cuisine that's unrivalled in the Maldives. With a capacity of 20 pax and a specialized set menu, you are given the opportunity to observe the breathtaking marine environment of Maldives while indulging in some exquisite meals. Located just 100 metres from the hotel, on the stunning, unspoilt reef, H20 is the only underwater restaurant in Raa Atoll and one of only six in the whole of the Maldives.
You & Me by Cocoon Maldives is the brand newest luxury, “adults only” resort for honeymooners and couples, opened on February 1, 2019. Set on a private island in Raa Atoll of the northern Maldives, You & Me by Cocoon offering a secluded, romantic hideaway in luxurious, “rustic-chic” style surroundings. With the spacious 109 Villas - 99 are over water and 10 are on the beach, six dining options provide world class cuisine in stunning settings, the over-water Orchid Spa, the large swimming pool and water sports centre, the resort offers one of the hottest go-to spots for honeymooners. If you're looking for five star standards and service in a lush world of unsurpassed tropical beauty, look no further. READ FULL REVIEW
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 22.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More