10 Best Honeymoon Hotels in Maldives 2020
Most Romantic Maldives Resorts
10 Best Honeymoon Hotels in Maldives 2020
Most Romantic Maldives Resorts
Updated July, 2020
Any of these romantic resorts in Maldives can serve as the perfect backdrop to your honeymoon or romantic getaway on the island. This resorts usually offer more space and a greater sense of privacy compared to regular resort rooms, making them ideal choices for lovebirds looking for some quality time together. Often combining tropical and traditional Maldives elements in décor and architecture, they're mostly elegant and fitted with modern amenities for comfort and convenience. Cherish all the small things, be it late night dips in your own pool or simply relaxing on your very own secluded sundeck.
Some of these romantic Maldives hotels have also offer butler services around the clock, adding to the personalised touches that can make your getaway all the more special – all at the touch of a dial. Many of these properties are within easy reach of the beach, other are over water so you can enjoy Maldives' magnificent sunsets, return to your own homely villa compound with a bathtub full of rose petals, or a poolside dinner complete with candles floating on the water.
Take a look at the Top 10 list of the finest and most romantic hotels in the Maldives for a honeymoon.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Best Experience: OverWater Bungalows, Honeymoon, Beaches46 villas
Gili Lankanfushi is rated by many among the best resort in the Maldives, and with good reason. This stunning, 46-villa, eco-resort is just 20 minutes by speedboat from Male airport thriving in providing truly unpretentious, relaxed luxury. Barefoot are recommended (shoes are removed as soon as you leave the airport on the boat), and each guest is surrounded by the care of a personal butler with the title "Mr. Friday". The spacious, charmingly simple water villas are built of some types of wood and are equipped with open (and on the roof!) decks with seaviews that can evoke tears of joy. On land, a beautiful island with 683 palms offers a range of activities and an excellent dining options. This rare diamond in the Maldives is more authentic than other famous brand resorts at the same price - given the regular appearance in the Gili Lankanfushi of world celebrities. But if your own pools and air conditioning in each room are your priority, you can Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Overwater Villas, for family, for couples, the most exclusive Resort of Maldives
24 Water Retreats
Soneva Jani is like someone with personal magnetism, someone who knows themself, knows the world and greets it with a big, welcoming smile. This resort doesn't just have character, it has charisma. The perfect combination of luxury and nature, Soneva Jani offers guests an unparalleled experience in idyllic surroundings. Inspired by the word, which means wisdom in sanskrit, Soneva Jani is Medufaru island, which is part of an uninhabited cluster of five islands in the Nunu atoll. The most exclusive luxury hotel in Maldives and the most prestigious for many hotel brand in the world is surrounded by pristine beaches covered with lush tropical greenery and a turquoise lagoon with crystal clear water and unbeatable views of the 360 ° Indian Ocean. Today, Soneva Jani has 24 water villas and one beach villa, although at a later stage it is planned to build additional beach villas. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: There are no kids on the island - this is a big plus; a magnificent large overwater villas with stunning views of the lagoon; Superb house reef snorkeling, a fantastic '5.8 Undersea' restaurant
Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives - this is incomparable, extraordinary and absolutely original. Ecologically innovative, a new 5*-star resort, the world's largest underwater restaurant, tropical champagne pavilion, stylish villas and politics just over 15 years old, and with no other resorts in the neighborhood as far as the eye can see - Hurawalhi Island Resort offers its own look at Paradise. Officially inaugurated in January 2016, the five-star Hurawalhi resort is accessible by a 40-minute scenic seaplane flight from the main airport, and offers 90 villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas, for grown-ups who are seeking luxury and innovation. The villas are stylishly and beautifully conceived featuring soothing décor, sumptuous linens on king size beds, bleached wooden floors, and private terraces with panoramic views. There is an ocean of delights to take in at Hurawalhi: dining at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, snuggling up with your darling under a blanket or sparkling stars on the iconic Dream Island sandbank, falling in love with the plethora of marine life on the island’s doorstep – in fact, one visit to the resort is hardly enough to experience it all. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: All Inclusive, Couples and Family, Beach, Diving, huse reef snorkelingBoasting an extensive leisure and wellness facilities, OZEN Reserve Bolifushi - A Luxury All-Inclusive Resort (ex Jumeirah Vittaveli) is a beautiful island ideal for families looking for spacious and affordable accommodation in the Maldives, with a children's and teenage club. With traditional Maldivian architecture and elegance, the hotel is also good for a honeymooners, where you will find total privacy in water villas. Just 20 minutes by luxurious catamaran from Male airport, but at the same time maintaining a sense of uninhabited island, that many people crave for visiting the Maldives, OZEN Reserve Bolifushi is a modern resort complex. New OZEN Vittaveli offers guests "relaxed, ultra-luxe island living" with grand spaces, sun-kissed ocean fronts and gourmet dine-by-design experiences. The property assures absolute seclusion and privacy for guests at its 89 villas and suites, which come equipped with private a swimming pool and direct beach or lagoon access. Read Full Review
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Beach, Spa, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
Baros is a perfect getaway located in the North Malé Atoll only a 25-minute by speedboat from Malé Airport. With a variety of villas to choose from, these very stylish settings make this the ideal island retreat for couples young and old. Located on a beautiful private island with a crystal clear coral lagoon, Baros is a 5 * star boutique hotel in the Maldives that will surpass all of your highest fantasies of the "dream island". Surrounded by clean, warm waters and snow-white sands, with groves of coconut palms and fragrant flowers, this cozy resort landscape is really worthy of fainting. The team is serene modern rooms (including water villas), fine dining, a fantastic spa, a large swimming pool and water entertainment from a luxury yacht to diving and yoga. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Honeymoon, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
30 Villas on the Beach and over Water
Kandolhu Maldives guarantees even more than just your dreams of an unforgettable honeymoon in the Maldives. Soaked in romance, with an incredible house reef snorkeling, couples are bound to fall in love with this cozy island. Those who have heard of Kandholhu Island know that this is one of the best house reef in the Maldives. Only resorts in the country's southern atolls can compare or surpass. An additional draw is clean and soft sandy beaches, all around a small round island whose shape in Maldivian standards is a rarity. So snorkeling is the best you can find between your water villa, the beach and the many restaurants of this 5 * boutique hotel. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Beach, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
Combining modern and traditional elements, the small paradise has been freshly renovated and reopened in December 2014 with a new shine, but still maintaining its unique Maldivian character. Due to its size and limited number of Villas, Mirihi is considered as being one of the smallest islands in the Maldives and offers 37 villas, and has its own and unique style, filled with luxury and comfortable features that you can expect from any large 5 * resort. With one of the best house reefs in the country, snorkeling in Mirihi is an easy necessity. Discover the beauty of marine life with a night dive, or with whale sharks and manta rays trips. At Mirihi, you do not need to be a diver to discover the magic of the Maldives at its best. Mirihi under water is just another world. Read Full Review....
Best Experience: for couples, Spa & Health, Beach, Diving
Only with 33 romantic water villas and 3 suites on the island, Cocoa Island Resort is rated the most lovely resort for the honeymooners and there is not any kind of child-oriented facilities. Located 40 minutes by speedboat from Malé Airport, the hotel also has a high rating in the Maldives based on guest reviews, so it is ideal for adults. Each of the water villas is very private and looks like a traditional Maldivian fishing boat - the only resort of its kind. Of course, in addition to diving and snorkeling there is an excellent spa and even a pavilion for practicing yoga with a teacher. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples (only), Privacy and Tranquillity, Dining, Activities
For an unforgettable beach experience, like anywhere else, go to Anantara Veli Maldives - quite simply because the resort ticks all the boxes and brings the best of both worlds together. The hotel 'for adults only' is ideal for couples who prefer not to force children to interrupt their hard earned vacation. Not one, but two magnificent islands to relax with the healing properties of massage, facial and Ayurveda. A total of seven restaurants share your meals between them. Possibility to make the most of the water surroundings with surfing, deep-sea fishing and sailing. And, of course, there are ideal pristine sands, clear turquoise waters and iconic water bungalows, that makes the Maldives so desirable destination - all encompassed by five-star hospitality and luxury. And the last reason to book is an exellent location. Anantara Veli is 30 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 22.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More