Top 10 Best Hotels near Male Airport 2020
Best Maldives Resorts Accessible by Speedboat from Malé Airport
The white powdered sands of the sprinkled atolls that make up the Maldives have, for some time, enthralled travelers seeking peace and luxury in stunning surroundings. The most phenomenal resorts in the country are located further away from Male (Velana) International Aiport and can only accessible by a seaplane transfer. But for holidaymakers looking to get to their beautiful, secluded Maldivian paradise as quickly and easily as possible the resorts that can be reached by speedboat present an appealing option.
Upon arrival at Male international airport, guests are met and immediately swept directly from the terminal to the boat and whisked to their island resort in as short a time as 30 minutes, regardless of the time of day or the weather conditions. The resorts accessible by speedboat transfer from Male airport are ideal for visitors who want to make the most of their time in paradise since the boats can be scheduled in line with return flights, allowing for maximum time spent paddling in warm crystal waters. What's more, these resorts are closer to the capital city of Male, that may attract travelers seeking a little taste of authentic Maldivian culture.
We chose our 10 favourite Maldives resorts accessible by speedboat from Male airport in under an hour. Have a look to see which resort suits your needs whether you're looking for luxury, budget, family friendly or adult only accommodation.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Best Experience: couples, family, beach, spa
Featuring elegantly planned and luxuriously furnished rooms, Sheraton Maldives Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is an affordable 5-star family getaway in 15 minutes by boat from Male airport. Welcome to paradise. With everything you might expect from your sun soaked holiday to the Indian Ocean, the newly renovated Sheraton Maldives is positively picturesque and surrounded by calm blue seas. The world renowned brand is not quite as natural a fit for the Maldives as W but it exudes a solid affluence and makes a guest feel special on the small island with a rustic atmosphere. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: A Luxury All-Inclusive Resort, Couples, Family, Beaches, Diving, Spa
LUX* North Male Atoll, the second resort in the Maldives by Mauritius based hotel group LUX* Resorts, has officially opened on February 1, 2019. LUX * Resorts & Hotels promises to demonstrate the transformation of Olhahali Island with an area of six hectares, into the most innovative luxury resort in the Maldives. Accessible by luxury speedboat or a short 15 minute seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport, this intimate resort is ripe with eye-catching architecture and ocean-inspired interiors.
A visual banquet of nautical shapes and colors, the resort is elegantly decorated by the Singapore design group Miaja, a project that combines superyachts with the energetic spirit of southern beaches. Each of the 67 two-story residences is located either on the beach or above the water, whose guests will enjoy a minimum living area of 350 m2. Whether set on the beach or stilted over the crystal blue lagoon, every penthouse villa takes indoor-outdoor living to a new level of breezy sophistication. Big Green Egg Barbecue, Rooftop Bar, Cinema and SONOS, Yoga Pavilion, Star-lit Jacuzzi and Outdoor Games help create an unforgettable paradise lounge for people who love to enjoy life. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: A Luxury All-Inclusive Resort, Couples, Family, Beach
With the incredible Atmosphere INDULGENCE ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAY PLAN, including diving the new OZEN by Atmosphere is a home away from home found among the paradise islands of South Male Atoll in the Maldives. Opening its doors in July 2016 - OZEN by Atmosphere offers discerning travelers an exceptional uniquely luxury all-inclusive experience. OZEN is the only resort in the Maldives where diving is included in the price offering a unique chance to explore a fantastic marine life below Indian Ocean's water surface without sacrificing the budget. The first impression you get already at Male airport; the OZEN team will escort you to a luxury speedboat that gets you to the resort located on beautiful Maadhoo within 35 minutes. The transfer is available 24 hours. Read Full Review....
Best Experience: Water Villas, Dining, Honeymoon, Spa
Offers luxurious beachfront and over-water accommodation with uninterrupted ocean views, Velassaru Maldives was reborn as a lovely 5-star resort for couples and families. It was beautifully redesigned and now stands next to all but a very few best resorts in the Maldives. What is immediately noticeable is the level of staff training. Quite suddenly, Velassaru began to stand out for its excellent service, in a place that seems quite quiet and well organized. All right - today the resort is a part of the prestigious chain of Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). It is also awarded one of the most impressive infinity pools that you have ever seen in the Maldives. 129 rooms are equipped with exceptional amenities and of course there is a large public beach with a house reef, overwater spa, diving school, water sports center, and five restaurants and two bars - everything in 25 minutes by speedboat from Male Airport. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Overwater Bungalows, Undewater Spa, Beaches, House Reef Snorkelling. Gourmet Dining
Located just 30 minutes by speedboat from the main airport, Huvafen Fushi ideally mixes Maldivian style with hip and chic features; thatched villas on the outside and on the inside, unique amenities, sophisticated design, contemporary furniture, high-tech equipment, and last but not least cool events which all contribute to make Huvafen Fushi a truly dreamy island. Encircled by one of the best house reefs in the Maldives, this private island paradise is home to the world’s first and only underwater spa, and with only 44 rooms it is the ultimate in luxurious privacy and intimacy. With 21 years and above guests only policy, Huvafen Fushi has been crowned the Most Romantic Resort at the annual Maldives Travel Awards 2017. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Water Villas, Dining, Honeymoon, Spa
With 64 impeccably designed villas and suites, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, undoubtedly is in the top range of Maldives luxury resorts. But even in thisexclusive group is getting crowded, and there is a sense in the unique offerings that this resort successfully offers better than anyone else. It is here, indeed sublime aspects of the Taj hotel chain - it's fine cuisine and a spa. Individually in the top 3 or 4 in the country, in the bosom of the Taj there are compelling arguments to make you to fly half the way around the world. Another advantage, though not quite unique is that the resort is just a 15-minute luxury speedboat ride from Male airport. This proximity also includes a special tour by seaplane, and easy access to Male metropolis for historical sightseeing tour. Casting an east flavors that really him to the face, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa has been full renovated in 2008, and today this piece of paradise offers luxury, quiet and a great value Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples, for Family, Value, Beach, All-Inclusive
Before stay there, Reethi Rah for the island resort seems a bit conservative. Smooth, majestic, but perhaps lacking some details of the bounty in Maldives rural style (call it what you like) that are in fashion today. Going ashore, you will realize that refusal to follow a fashion trend is the same point: you simply do not need it when you are the best. Reethi Rah adheres to his own One & Only style. Purposefully not 'trendy', in the development stage to the top level of luxury, specializing in high quality service to its guests, such an experience you would have hard to find somewhere else in the Maldives. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Over-water Villas, for couples and families, Service, Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining, Activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the resort raises the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests.
Spanning across three islands in the South Male Atoll, the breathtaking new resort is surrounded by a crystal clear water lagoon, which will play home to spectacular underwater life. Meaning “Pearl” in Dhivehi the resort offers global travellers 138 luxuriously appointed villas in an inspirational setting, complemented by the iconic True Waldorf Service experience. Additionally, the resort features 10 truly unique dining experiences, including an unforgettable treetop restaurant boasting stunning views. An exclusive yet serene Spa and Wellness Centre, a wide array of water sports as well as extensive facilities for junior guests also features within the new Waldorf Astoria Maldives. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples (only), Privacy and Tranquillity, Fine Dining, Activities
For an unforgettable beach experience, like anywhere else, go to Anantara Veli Maldives - quite simply because the resort ticks all the boxes and brings the best of both worlds together. The hotel 'for adults only' is ideal for couples who prefer not to force children to interrupt their hard earned vacation. Not one, but two magnificent islands to relax with the healing properties of massage, facial and Ayurveda. A total of seven restaurants share your meals between them. Possibility to make the most of the water surroundings with surfing, deep-sea fishing and sailing. And, of course, there are ideal pristine sands, clear turquoise waters and iconic water bungalows, that makes the Maldives so desirable destination - all encompassed by five-star hospitality and luxury. And the last reason to book is an exellent location. Anantara Veli is 30 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: OverWater Bungalows, Honeymoon, BeachesGili Lankanfushi is rated by many among the best resort in the Maldives, and with good reason. This stunning, 46-villa, eco-resort is just 20 minutes by speedboat from Male airport thriving in providing truly unpretentious, relaxed luxury. Barefoot are recommended (shoes are removed as soon as you leave the airport on the boat), and each guest is surrounded by the care of a personal butler with the title "Mr. Friday". The spacious, charmingly simple water villas are built of some types of wood and are equipped with open (and on the roof!) decks with seaviews that can evoke tears of joy. On land, a beautiful island with 683 palms offers a range of activities and an excellent dining options. This rare diamond in the Maldives is more authentic than other famous brand resorts at the same price - given the regular appearance in the Gili Lankanfushi of world celebrities. But if your own pools and air conditioning in each room are your priority, you can Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 22.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More