Most Popular Islands for Budget Holiday in Maldives 2021
Maldives Cheap Vacations
The 10 best Budget Islands give you the chance to get cheap everything what Maldives has to offer. These inhabited corners of the island nation certainly appeal to all those who prefer to spend their money to incredible sights and getting experience local life affordable on these charming tropical islands than to the luxury resorts with water villas.
The best islands for budget holiday in Maldives are not only the best value, but also an excellent location close to Male airport, beautiful beaches, clean room, a great food, interesting excursions and an exceptional service. From snorkeling on house reef to dolphin watching tours, and diving with Manta rays and Whale Sharks, and much more, this list of 10 Maldives islands will certainly give you many interesting discoveries, a glimpse of Maldives culture and unforgettable experience.
Best Experience: Close to Male Airport, a huge choice of accommodation on any choice, a great offer of excursions, restaurants, and a fun diving
With beautiful coral reefs, world-class dive sites, white sandy beaches, azure waters, a great choice of budget hotels and guest houses, plus a lot of interesting tourist attractions and excursions, Maafushi is a stunning island located just 35 minutes by speedboat or 1.5 hours by ferry from Male. An uncrowned capital of budget tourism, today Maafushi has more than 50 economy hotels, and this is the only inhabited island with the largest number of guesthouses in the country. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Easy to reach by air, cheap, for family, for couples, snorkeling with manta rays and whale sharks, diving
The affordable beach experience in Dharavandhoo Island will surpass all your expectations; the main theme in this part of the Maldives is not to miss the spectacular water adventures, where each excursion will be filled with new vivid impressions. Result? An unforgettable journey and memories that will remain with you forever. Located 117 km from Male Airport, the beautiful Dharavandhoo Island is located in the heart of UNESCO's only marine biosphere reserve in the Maldives and is ideal for everything that Maldives has to offer. Must do thing - do not miss snorkeling with Manta rays in Hanifaru Bay . Read Full Review...
Best Experience: A fabulous beaches, authentic Maldivian experience holiday, for family, for couples, snorkeling, diving, fishing
Emerald in a setting of golden sand, Thoddoo is one of the inhabited islands of North Ari atoll, in the Maldives. Located 67 km from Male Airport and 20 km north of Thulusdhoo Island, Thoddoo is a great option for a budget barefoot holiday. With more than 20 economy hotels and guest houses, and surrounded by warm turquoise waters and abundant marine life, the beautiful island offers for travelers boundless opportunities for a cheap snorkeling, diving, water sports and island hopping tours, including an amazing sandbanks. Thoddoo island is also a delightful nature, a vibrant underwater world and a large white sandy bikini beach ... of course for tourists. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: budget experience holiday, couples, family, beaches, honeymoon, house reef snorkeling, diving, big game fishing
With unique features for the Maldives, Ukulhas is one of the inhabited islands of Alifu-Alifu atoll, that's opened for budget tourism with a range of guest houses and economy-hotels on the island. Known for good ecology, clean environment and high marine biodiversity, today affordable vacation on Ukulhas island is one of the best ways to open the sun, sand and the sea of paradise Maldives without breaking your budget! Staying here allows you to immerse yourself in the local fishing community and get an authentic Maldives experience. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: budget experience holiday, beaches, for family, for couples, swimming with mantas and whale sharks, snorkeling, diving
"Long island" in Dhivehi, Dhigurah is located in the South Ari Atoll in the Maldives in 20 minutes by domestic flight from the Velana (Male) airport. Budgetary in width, and stretching for a length of 3 kilometers, a beautiful populated island is considered to be one of the longest in the Maldives. Around Dhigurah there are some of the most world class dive sites in the country, including Kuda Rah Thila, Manta Point and Reethi Thila. Dhigurah Island is also a perfect place for snorkeling with whale sharks and manta rays. So, if your ideal holiday is an under-the-sea adventure, then start planning your trip to this gem of an island. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Close to Malé Airport, for budget trip, beach, couples, surfing, a great scuba diving
You do not need to be a surfer to open Thulusdhoo, a beautiful island located in North Male Atoll in 30 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. The same ocean, clear turquoise waters, white sandy beach, big waves, palm trees, amazing marine life and lots of fun in 25 kilometers from Velana airport, but much cheaper. Thulusdhoo today is not just a surf. On the island there is a beautiful beach of white fine sand, part of that is called "bikini", and is designed specifically for foreign travellers. Snorkeling and diving (there is a diving school), water sports, exciting fishing or lazy beach experience - all this can be found in Thulusdhoo. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: authentic Maldives, beach, house reef snorkeling, couples, famiies, swimming with whale sharks, diving
With love, the well-groomed and hospitable Maldives Island, Omadhoo is a picturesque fishing village in the heart of Ari Atoll. In contrast to the 5-star resorts on Omadhoo you will find idyllic Maldives with a quiet island life and local traditions. A beautiful house reef boasts healthy and colorful corals with an amazing marine life, including sharks and turtles, and is ideal for snorkeling and diving. The island has a diving center PADI. For newbies there are many world-class dive sites around Omadhoo. With soft white sand and decorated with umbrellas, a bikini-beach is in the southwestern part of this island. Accommodation is limited to a few guest houses, but generally positive reviews, excellent food, and in general you will be pleasantly surprised by such a classy budget vacation! Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples, guiet and private, beach, value, house reef snorkeling
A great option for a a fun-filled budget holiday in the Maldives, Bodufolhudhoo is a small island in the North Ari Atol. The beautiful island is well known for its spectacular marine life with a beautiful house reef ideal for snorkeling and is surrounded by a some famous resorts including Nika Island Resort, Velidoo and Gangehi. The name of the island translates as "great folhudhoo" and next, ironically, is the smaller island of Kudafolhudhoo "little folhudhoo". Today, apart from the guest houses there are 2 local cafes, a large children's playground, and a PADI dive shcool and water sports center on Bodufolhudhoo. The tiny size of the island and the hospitality of the islanders allows you to enjoy a relax and authentic Maldives experience. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, family vacation, beaches
Famous for the most beautiful beaches, Kelaa Island is a inhabited island in the Haa Alifu atoll in the Maldives. Opening for budget tourism in 2015, Kelaa is the authentic experience of the Maldives with a handful of guest houses on the island, white beaches, a beautiful lagoon and an impressive sea life. Whether it's a solo trip, a honeymoon or a family vacation, everyone will find here their own piece of paradise. The locals are very hospitable and sympathetic people, and they do everything for the unforgettable experience of their guests on Kelaa, and many who have visited here plan to return to the island again. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: couples, families, beaches, activities, scuba diving, house reef snorkeling, deap sea fishing
Home for Plumeria Maldives, Thinadhoo is one of the populated islands of Vaavu atoll in Maldives. Surrounded by dazzling sandy beaches and turquoise waters with a great house reef snorkeling, Thinadhoo is a perfect place for a holiday to suit all budgets. Today, the island of Thinadhoo it is a favorite place for Big-game fishing, snorkeling and diving. An affordable way to explore the country, we can safely say that in Thinadhoo you will find your own piece of paradise. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Easy to reach by air, holiday in Maldives with a small budget, beaches, a great offer of excursions, yoga, big game fishing, diving
Hanimaadhoo is one of the inhabited islands of Haa Dhaalu Atoll in the unspoiled north of the Maldives Well connected to Male international airport by numerous daily 45 minutes flights Hanimaadhoo offers to budget travellers it's miles of white sand beaches, turquoise lagoon, luxuriant vegetation and privacy in an untouched nature, living the genuine and natural Maldives with all modern accommodation facilities. Suited for a water adventures and nature lovers, Hanimadhoo is genuine gateway where to be spoiled with an authentic Maldivian warm hospitality. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 37% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival Book now for stays until 22nd Dec 2021
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF for a stay until 30 June 2022
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Indulgence Offer! Book minimum 3 nights with'Secret Rate' and get 30% OFF. Stay from 1st Nov 21 onwards
- Anantara Maldives Resorts: Special Offersi
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 30% OFF for stays till October 31, 2022
- Mirihi Island: Early Bird Winter/Summer offer 2022 up to 35% OFF
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE - Up to 35% OFF; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Accommodation
Recent Posts 16.10.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Emerald Maldives Resort Continues to Stand Out with Top Awards in 2021
- Pamper Yourselves at Dhigali Spa with New Christmas Packages
- Kihaa Maldives Opens New Steak House
- Naladhu Private Island Maldives Celebrates Double Win at Conde Nast Traveler award
- Disney Cruise Line to Return to Tropical Destinations in 2023
- Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
- Fiyavalhu Maldives wins Luxury Boutique Resort 2021
- Ready to Party? Spend Halloween at the first Luxury Music Festival in Maldives
- Virgin's First Miami Cruise, HAL's San Diego Restart
- Anantara Kihavah opens New Family Beach Pool Villas for the Ultimate Family Winter Getaway
- Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
- Gili goes Pink for October
- Emerald Cruises Is Building Second Superyacht
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Carnival announces ship restarts for January and February 2022
- Hurawalhi's Winter Offer 2021 - Save UP to 20%
- Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021
- Marriott International Plans to Expand Footprint in South Asia
- Tradewind Voyages Announces 2021-22 Caribbean Season
- Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Win a holiday to Maldives right now with MBM
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Best Maldives Resorts worth to Book Directly
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Introduces Brand New Infinity Swimming Pool
- Maldives exhibits Luxury Yacht Tourism at Monaco Yacht Show
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More