10 Best Maldives Luxury Hotels with Tennis courts
Raise Your Game at the Maldives’ Most Luxe Tennis Resorts
The mix of sand, sea, warm weather and hi-end resorts in the Maldives can please even the most avid tennis player. How about give your best serve or keep up with your own routine in a game of singles or double tennis and relax on the beach at the same time during your holiday in the Maldives.
There are many island resorts in the Maldives that, apart from a stunning beaches, fantastic diving and superb spas to unwind post-play provide tennis as well. But for tennis enthusiasts, the number of luxury hotels with tennis courts that truly accommodate their passion for the sport is low.
Many of the best resorts may offer court access and lessons with a pro, but that’s usually the extent of what’s available. Thankfully, there are properties that prioritize tennis as a highlight of their programming, providing guests ample opportunity to build their schedules around the tennis court with a variety of related activities that will not only improve their games but also put them in touch with like-minded travelers.
If a beach is critical, honeymooners seeking awe-inspiring ocean views, plenty of activity, sunshine and luxurious amenities should head to this ten luxury retreats where both celebrities and international tennis stars holiday.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Service, Beaches, Swimming with Mantas
Vakkaru Maldives is a brand new luxury resort located within the crystal clear waters of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Baa Atoll. Vakkaru is a lovely island combined with a real Maldivian atmosphere and offers many high-end options in a comfy ambiance. With an overwater spa and gym, the beauty of the island and all of Vakkaru's top-notch amenities at their full disposal, opportunities for post-match relaxation and recovery are also plentiful. There is simply nowhere else to play tennis quite like this. Read Full Review
The Maldives has never been associated with world-class tennis, until now. In the idyllic Baa Atoll, Vakkaru Maldives’ partnership with Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis was launched on the resort’s cobalt-blue courts on November 16, 2020; it will see some of the world’s top players lead tennis clinics and tutorials exclusively for guests of the luxury resort. Make the most of year-round sunny skies and balmy evenings with two all-weather floodlit tennis courts.
Best Experience: for Couples, for Family, water villas, beaches, spa, activities
The One&Only Reethi Rah is the all-villa ultra-luxury resort in the North Male atoll, accessible by a short luxury yacht jorney from Malé. Set on one of the largest islands in Maldives a chic and sophisticated One&Only offers unrivalled level of service and an array of luxurious options to create an unforgettable vacation. Sleek and spectacular, with unprecedented privacy this award-winning resort, a favourite among A-listers, is perfect for couples and families in search of privacy and the ultimate in laidback luxury. Read Full Review
One & Only Reethi Rah is made for play, with an exclusive ClubOne offering fun activities for all. Choose your sport, from tennis and football to beach volleyball, badminton and pétanque. The resort has two floodlit synthetic-hard tennis courts where a professional tennis coach offers expert tuition and will also play with any guests in need of a partner. After a game, if guests are looking to address a specific health concern, or seeking a higher level of overall wellness during their stay, One&Only Spa provides bespoke retreats to ensure that their stay on the island uplifts revives and restores.
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Read Full Review
With two floodlit hard courts, complimentary equipment hire and a range of coaching programmes to suit their ability, guests at Amilla Fushi have every reason to refine their stroke play. Amilla also is home to tennis camp where tennis fans to perfect their serve with a pros to be a champion with a daily programme of high energy drills, technical skills and competition tactics, all complemented by Amilla’s exceptional tennis facilities. German player and former world No.1 Angelique Kerber and professional Mischa Zverev enjoyed a holiday there.
Best Experience: Water Villas, for Couples, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving, Mantas Watching
Dusit Thani Maldives is the warm hospitality of Thailand in an unprecedented luxury setting: two of the best aspects of an Asian luxury trip in one magnificent package. Located on Baa Atoll, Dusit Thani seduces guests with pearly white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, lush vegetation and a fantastic house reef with one of the most abundant marine life in the Maldives. Read Full Review
Start from December 2019 Dusit Thani Maldives has teamed up with tennis coaching company Recreational Tennis Coaching to offer lessons for the resort’s guests.The new resident tennis coaches will host junior and adult coaching sessions, as well as private and group classes tailored to suit all levels of ability.
All the lessons and activities are conducted at the resort’s two floodlit tennis courts, which are kept in excellent condition and available to book 24 hours in advance through the activity centre. All equipment, including high-quality balls and racquets, are available for complimentary hire.
Best Experience: Couples, Family, Design, Activity
A new landmark for glamor and sophistication in the Maldives, JOALI is an ultra luxury resort that's opened in 2018 on the island of Muravandhu, Raa atoll. Celebrating the "Joy of Life" with high skill, artistry and sustainability in its very essence, Joali promises a non-standard and exceptional island experience for its guests. The 73-villa property offers unconventional luxury in a private setting and a distinct focus on design by internationally-renowned design studio Autoban. The Spa by ESPA invites guests on a holistic wellness journey along with a world-class fitness centre and expert trainers.
In partnership with LUX Tennis, Joali offers a customised top-class, tailored tennis coaching, practice programmes and fun events to inspire and challenge guests of all age and abilities to improve their skill set during their holidays. Whether it’s a private one-on-one or a group session with a professional ATP/WTA ranked coach, or a fun filled clinic, game, exhibition or tournament, LUX Tennis has the court covered. Read Full Review
Best Experience: Ultimate Luxury, Over Water Villas, Privacy and Tranquillity, spa, Wildlife, swimming with mantas
Discover Anantara Kihavah, a boutique hotel with all the advantages of a paradise island of dreams you can imagine - white beaches with fringed palm trees, turquoise waters, dedicated butlers, fine dining and luxurious Over Water Villas - and you will not be disappointed.
Challenge a companion to a match at the island's tennis court, which is floodlit for evening play. Brush up your technique and take your play to the next level with private tennis coaching sessions. Marcelo Ríos, former world No. 1 tennis player, and a Swiss professional Roger Federer had vacation at Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas.Read Full Review
Best Experience: Water Villas, Couples, Family, Spa, Beaches, Diving
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, the flagship property in The Sun Siyam Resorts’ collection, is located in the northern Noonu Atoll, and is accessible by a 40-minute seaplane flight from the Maldives main Malé Airport. This 221-room resort offers what is arguably the best local resort in the country, including 2 swimming pools, diving center PADI , and the awarded largest spa in the country. The hotel also offers rates that are among the most competitive in the Maldives for this level of 5-star luxury. Families should note that this is one of the few luxury resorts in the Maldives that has a kids club and babysitting services.
In addition to 15 restaurants and bar choices, the resort’s unrivalled range of leisure activities and excursions include a fully-equipped PADI and SSI dive facility, a water sports centre, SPA by Thalgo, tennis and badminton courts. From time to time throughout the year the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives hosts tennis lessons with professional tennis players. Read Full Review
Best Experience: Family, All Inclusive, Activities, for Couples, Value
Located in the North Male Atoll and accessible by a 55-minute speedboat ride from the Maldives main Velana International Airport, Meeru is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives, offering its guests a variety of facilities and affordable to superior accommodation. The island is attractive for all ages: families have their own corner of the island, and couples have their own, hence there are two separate swimming pools, two buffet restaurants, and 2 spas. Most of the guests sit on all inclusive, so bars are always alive - especially 24-hour.
Being a relatively large Island, Meeru features 2 tennis courts, equipped with lighting for night play. The all-weather play surface resembles the Australian Open centre court. A resident Tennis Pro is available for lessons and play. Guests on All Inclusive Plus package enjoy complimentary use of the tennis court, tennis rackets and tennis balls. Read Full Review
Best Experience: for family, for couples, activities, beached
A lovely, all-round resort this lush island has an unspoilt setting and follows the relaxed Maldivian way of life. Maldivian-style villas are semi-detached, detached or overwater. Reethi Beach might have a chilled-out atmosphere, but there's plenty here if you're looking for something more active. For a relatively small island, Reethi Beach has lots of great amenities.
On the water, choose from catamaran sailing, canoeing, kitesurfing and waterskiing. Under water, there's superb snorkelling on the house reef, with the chance to spot many species of fish, turtles and octopus – even dolphins have been known to come this close. Diving is another highlight, with house reef dives and multiple trips further afield each day. Highlights include an outdoor pool with food and drink service and a fitness center with a weight room. The resort also has plentiful sports courts including two outdoor floodlit artificial grass tennis courts. Read Full Review
Best Experience: for Families, House Reef Snorkeling, All Inclusive
Today, Lily Beach Resort and Spa ranks among the leading resorts in the country with Premium All Inclusive, which was the result of an excellent redesign and reconstruction of the hotel. Lily Beach is a romantic place for a family holiday with All Inclusive that includes food, drinks and various activities. The guests can enjoy land and water sports, while couples have many romantic options and places to seclude.
Lily Beach has an excellent floodlit tennis court. It was resurfaced as part of the big refurb and is very well maintained. Use of the court, racquets etc are part of the all inclusive package. We're not aware of any resident players so you may be at the mercy of who else is staying on the island at the time.
American tennis superstar Taylor Fritz plans to run tennis camp abd a short tennis clinic as a special treat for the guests vacationing at the resort. Read Full Review
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
How to Travel On a Budget
The Maldives is a destination fast being added to many traveller's holiday bucket list. But how to enjoy a 5-star luxury Maldives vacation on a Budget? Would you believe me if I told you that an exotic island vacationRead More
10 Best Maldives Cheap Resorts
Our list of the 10 best cheap hotels in the Maldives will certainly be useful to all those who aspire to spend a budget holiday in these honeymoon islands of the Indian ocean, are afraid of the cost Read More
First time in Maldives
If you're first time im Maldives and unsure about your upcoming trip, this section will put you at ease. Planning the first trip to the Maldives can be not an easy task: 26 atolls and 1,192 islands sparkle Read More
Manta Rays in The Maldives
Almost everyone who visites to the islands heard that there are Manta rays in the Maldives. You can spot manta rays during diving excursions as well as on a snorkeling / swimming tripsRead More
Best Spots for Watch Whale Sharks & Mantas
Swimming with Whale Sharks & Manta Rays ticks the top on bucket list of many visitors in the Maldives. Being one of the biggest fishes in the oceanRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best deals Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More