10 Best Maldives Cheap Resorts 2020
The Most Affordable Water Villa Resorts in The Maldives
Our list of the 10 best cheap hotels in the Maldives will certainly be useful to all those who aspire to spend a budget holiday in these honeymoon islands of the Indian ocean, are afraid of the cost involved to fulfill their dream. Daily beach life there is rather affordable; the two main demanding topics on the budget for such a trip are the travel cost itself and the hotel’s rate.
Ranging from modern boutique hotels with trendy design to overwater accommodation options, travellers will be glad to know that they offer great in-room amenities, a convenient location nearby major sightseeing spots and friendly service staff that look out for its guests. These are some of the best budget hotels in the Maldives – truly great spots to stay the night without splurging senselessly, especially if you know where to look.
This list of the 10 best Maldives hotels for less than US$300 will certainly help you to find the right island for your stay in the Maldives at rock-bottom rates. The resorts on display below are cheap yet, however, all of them offer quality accommodation, white beaches and spectacular marine life for a wonderful and enjoyable vacation. Also, reducing your transfer costs, they’ll allow you to take the most of the exciting leisure activities available in the Maldives. Read on to see our personal top picks.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Best Experience: Couples, Beaches, Activity, Diving, Value
Malahini Kuda Bandos Resort is a tiny island in the North Male Atoll that offers a great-value Maldivian escape. Accessible by short boat ride from Male airport, the resort has 82 rooms in two categories, verity of culinary options with two restaurants and a bar and the other facilities such a spa, gym and water sports center. A stunning white sand beaches, house reef snorkelling and world-class diving complement the resort's modern amenities. Just ten minutes from Male airport, this laid-back island resort promises affordable luxury and a relaxed barefoot vibe. Formerly the uninhabited sister island to the Bandos Maldives resort, Malahini Kuda Bandos has been redesigned as an uncomplicated and relaxing Maldivian escape, with lots of new facilities and modern accommodation. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Honeymoon, family, Beach, Diving, Value, house reef snorkelling
Embudu Village Resort is an ongoing success story that follows a simple, proven formula. Embudu’s success is based on its proximity to Male, value for money, a homely atmosphere, an excellent house reef snorkeling and top diving. It does not seem like luxury to you, but Embudu Village is one of the most affordable and suited resorts in the Maldives. Visitors do not come here for luxury accomodation or for fine food (although both are worthy of generous praise) - they head for perfect beaches, snorkeling, diving and water sports, which are on par with the best resorts in Kaafu Atoll. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Diving, Value
The Summer Island Maldives Resort is absolutely amazing, peaceful and relaxing. Summer Island is ideal for those seeking a simple beach holiday perfectly positioned in a stunning location. If you are looking for a value-for-many place with a fresh, modern look, where it's best to hide your shoes and run barefoot, it's worth thinking about Summer Island Maldives. The resort occupies a private island in North Male Atoll complete with powdery white sand beaches, blue seas and beach bungalows and water villas. Lazy on the beach or try some water sports - the lagoon is excellent for learning to windsurf or catamaran sailing. A Maldives honeymoon at Summer Island Resort is just what all newlyweds need. The island, just 15 minutes by seaplane from Male or 50-minutes by speedboat, is certainly not the most luxurious one that you will find in this area (nearby is One & Only Reethi Rah), but the island attracts many with its relaxed atmosphere and a beautiful beach. Read Full Review....
Best Experience: Couples, for Family, Value, Beach, house reef snorkeling
In a quiet corner of South Male Atoll, Fihalhohi Island Resort continues to offer its guests a good and high-quality product. Fihalhohi has a reliable and proven formula, and despite the years this cool hotel has not changed much. Your accommodation on the island consists of 138 beach-fronted rooms suitably located just a few meters from the water edge and twelve well-appointed water villas. An island so rich in mature palms and native trees is rarely found among Maldivian resorts. This is a real visual feast, as well as a very practical option, since the shadow between the rooms and the beach is life-saving for children playing in the sand and also for adults sitting in chaise lounges or hammocks during the heat of the day. Fihalhohi has a carefully protected turquoise blue lagoon bordered by a coral reef easily accessed by swimming where scuba diving or snorkeling could be experienced. Transfer time to the resort from Male airport by speedboat would take a comfortable forty five minutes. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
Small, quiet and peaceful with a good house reef snorkeling, excellent diving and delicious food - all at a reasonable price. This is Smartline Eriyadu in a nutshell. Surrounded by a some popular dive sites in North Male Atoll, Eriyadu Island was one of the pioneers of tourism in the Maldives. After more than 30 years, this 76-room mid-level resort gradually updates its style and goes to the status of 4 stars. Positive qualities include: an excellent, easily accessible house reef; all-inclusive package, activities and water sports; and direct access to the beach from all rooms. However, lack of free water and Wi-Fi in rooms, average quality and choice of buffet, as well as a slow renovation process (there is a huge discrepancy in the quality of rooms) still leave much to be desired. However, value for money are fair for what you get Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Family Value, Activities, surfing
Kandooma is the Maldives' most accessible and budget-friendly resort, and your holiday starts the minute you disembark from the plane. Set on a beautiful, palm-fringed island in the South Male Atoll, from the moment you check into one of the resort’s laid-back beach villas, your break is sure to be packed with private beach relaxation, sensuous spa treatments and all the sun-filled fun you could ever want. Whether you’re an active adventurer yourself, or just fancy letting the kids go wild with a complimentary snorkelling session – dive, surf, fun tube or paddleboard, you can do it all at the Holiday Inn Kandooma Maldives. Surrounded by world-class dive sites and surfing spots, Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma lies 40km south of Velana International Airport, Male and in true tropical paradise fashion. The way to get here is via a 40-minute speedboat ride to the South Male Atoll. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling
Biyadhoo Island is not a new hotel, in fact it is one of the oldest resorts in the Maldives, but for many years it was on the verge of closing due to a major renovation. On the other hand, the natural environment remains very good. Snorkeling on the house reef is a daily joy and one of the reasons why many guests choose Biyadhoo Island Resort. The beaches freely come and go all over the island thanks to artificial attempts to keep it in place and enlarge with a pump. World-class diving in the region is known for sites like: Kandooma Thila with its huge schools of fish, Kandooma Caves because of its soft corals and the Guraidhoo Marine Reserve Kandu (fast wide channel) Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving, Value, All InclusiveAn island paradise on Alifu Alifu Atoll, Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon offers cozy accommodations with luxurious amenities. Surrounded by palm trees and white beaches, it has an infinity pool and fitness center. Getting to Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon is possible via seaplane or speed boat from Male International Airport. It is a 25-minute journey by seaplane, or a 1.5-hour speedboat ride.. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Value, Diving
Gangehi Island Resort is a small island that aims to have more weight, offering a high level of accommodation in a beautiful location and with a first-class diving school. If you are looking for peace and quiet, Gangehi offers excellent value for money with a terrific introduction to the Maldives for those who first dip their feet in the Indian Ocean. Small, beautiful and very high class. These are the basics; The real story is that there is a certain magic in this place. Only good things always happen on Gangehi. Just await 25 minutes by seaplane from Male Airport, the resort was re-opened in 2008 after major renovation that saw new beach bungalows, 8 Over-Water Deluxe rooms and the only two-bedroom Family Garden Villa. The interiors of the rooms and restaurants were modernized, and new ideas for entertainment and excursions were added. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: family, activities, diving, snorkeling with whale sharks
Sun Island Resort And Spa is located in luxurious surroundings of South Ari Atoll. It is not everyone’s cup of tea and parts could do with some modernisation but for a moderately priced, sporting, entertaining and easy holiday with a good beach and lagoon, this is a world of breathtaking possibility, where adventure and relaxation are equally within reach. No other resort does it quite like Sun Island. With a relatively large island and a long list of dining and recreational facilities, Sun Island Resort is ideal for active groups on a budget, but probably less than ideal for honeymoons or those in search of a secluded romantic holiday. The 462-room Sun Island Resort and Spa is the largest in the Maldives. It's also among the cheapest, especially for the overwater rooms, so if price is a major factor then this resort offers good value. There are five bars, a 24-hour coffee shop, and five restaurants, including three specialty dining spots on the island. Meal and drink plans are available, though they have many restrictions. Catering to many large tour groups and families, the all-inclusive plans here are the most popular. There are also tons of land and water activities, a PADI dive shop, kid-friendly facilities, a massive pool, and lovely spa. Beach areas are perfect for shallow snorkeling and sunbathing Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 22.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More