Top 10 Best Adults Only Resorts in Maldives 2020
Most Popular Adults-only Hotels in Maldives
Top 10 Best Adults Only Resorts in Maldives 2020
Most Popular Adults-only Hotels in Maldives
Updated June, 2020
Surprisingly, for such a romantic destination as Maldives, adult-only hotels are very rare. In fact, any resort is suitable for couples and only ones is devoted to holiday without children. Fortunately, in many resorts in Maldives families are not enough, and the romance is not difficult to find.
While most people consider the Maldives to be one of the best honeymoon destination, the number of families seeking to this magnificent archipelago is growing. But which an island without children is the best and with good diving, surfing and snorkeling in the Maldives? This is a very complex theme on several levels, but below we have compiled a list of 10 fantastic resorts where you probably rarely meet any family, at least in certain resort areas. Previously, resorts in the Maldives openly did not allow holidays with children, although today some restrict guests between the ages of 12-14.
If you really want to avoid the island with children, it is better to book a room outside of Christmas, Easter and school holidays a time when families travel with children. Also, it is worth to book a water villa (and not on the beach), that will allow you to significantly reduce the potential risk of meeting with moody babies. Even if the island has a some families with kids, you will hardly see them if you are accommodated in overwater villas.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Best Experience: There are no kids on the island - this is a big plus; a magnificent large overwater villas with stunning views of the lagoon; Superb house reef snorkeling, a fantastic '5.8 Undersea' restaurant
Hurawalhi Island Resort in the Maldives - this is incomparable, extraordinary and absolutely original. Ecologically innovative, a new 5*-star resort, the world's largest underwater restaurant, tropical champagne pavilion, stylish villas and politics just over 15 years old, and with no other resorts in the neighborhood as far as the eye can see - Hurawalhi Island Resort offers its own look at Paradise. Officially inaugurated in January 2016, the five-star Hurawalhi resort is accessible by a 40-minute scenic seaplane flight from the main airport, and offers 90 villas, including 60 Ocean Villas and 30 Beach Villas, for grown-ups who are seeking luxury and innovation. The villas are stylishly and beautifully conceived featuring soothing décor, sumptuous linens on king size beds, bleached wooden floors, and private terraces with panoramic views. There is an ocean of delights to take in at Hurawalhi: dining at 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, snuggling up with your darling under a blanket or sparkling stars on the iconic Dream Island sandbank, falling in love with the plethora of marine life on the island’s doorstep – in fact, one visit to the resort is hardly enough to experience it all. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples, Beach, Value
With "adults only" policy, Veligandu, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and a long stretch of white sandy beach, is the only resort on the island of Veligandu in North Ari Atoll. The resort, which is accessible by a scenic 20-minute seaplane flight from the main Velana International Airport, has 76 rooms, including 54 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 10 Water Villas and 12 Jacuzzi Beach Villas. One of the oldest resorts in the Maldives, the fashionable (and expensive) Veligandu Island Resort and Spa is really doing well and doing everything to keep itself in modern and stylish form. The resort offers spacious villas with elegant decor, stuffed with mini bars, individual outdoor terraces (some with a jacuzzi), iPod systems and large flat-screen TVs; however, some of them are older than others, and some reflect visible age. There is also a lounge at the airport, delicious buffet, infinity swimming pools, a lot of activities on the land and in the water, exciting football tournaments between the hotel's staff, and a relaxing overwater spa. On the beautiful island you will find a medical clinic, a games room and 2 beach bars, one of which is open around the clock. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Beach, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
Alluring Indian Ocean blues, snorkelling with sea turtles and reef sharks, pampering spa treatments and fine dining: not a bad resume for Komandoo Maldives Resort. Add to that the island’s adults-only concept, guaranteeing pure tranquility, and it becomes clear why Komandoo regularly finds itself on the very top of most romantic resorts lists.
Combining a Maldivian charm with all the comforts and indulgences you would expect from a private island resort, Komandoo is undoubtedly the place to spend your romantic holiday. Suitable for honeymoons, anniversary celebrations or quality down time with your darling or family, this small island is bound to receive a special mention in your dairy.
Located in Lhaviyani Atoll, Komandoo offers 65 villas in three categories; 14 Beach Villas along the western beach of the island, 36 Jacuzzi Beach Villas on the eastern beach and a part on the western beach, 15 Jacuzzi Water Villas arching around the southern end of the island. Each of them is independent well-appointed villas spaced adequately to provide privacy. Since first opening in 1998, the resort has provided its guests with a unique take on the Maldivian dream holiday with its quiet, adult-only vibe, understated luxury and excellent service. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Watersports, Two Pristine Islands perfect for Family & Couples, Luxury Surfing, Underwater night club
Developed by Per Aquum (Huvafenfushi) and co-owned by Anantara, Niyama Maldives is a resort with a rich ancestry. Proclaiming itself "Nature's playground", Niyama Private Islands Maldives takes barefoot luxury to an exotic new level. Its two islands Chill and Play, one with a family focus and the other dedicated to couples are a tropical paradise with lush vegetation, ivory white beaches, crystal clear waters and endless views out over the Indian Ocean. The resort is a mix of modern and traditional Maldivian design and facilities, with a distinctive edgy feel, where guests are wonderfully looked after, choosing between total privacy and an extraordinary range of activities. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Couples, Diving, Activities, Value, all inclusive
With Adults Only policy Robinson Club Maldives is located on the Gaaf-Alif-Atoll (Huvadhoo) with the relaxing atmosphere of a tranquil island getaway. Accessible by 70-minute domestic flight followed by a 30-minute speedboat transfer, the all-inclusive resort offering an upscale, relaxing experience in a remote part of the Maldives. Robinson Club occupies its own private island and features 121 beach bungalows and overwater villas with living areas and terraces. Most have big outdoor bathrooms with separate soaking tubs, while others come with private infinity pools offering panoramic sea views. Food gets excellent reviews from guests, and Sundowner Bar is a favorite for afternoon drinks on bean bags placed along the sand. Surrounded by greenery and a big wooden deck offering sea views, the pool is another property highlight. Relax on the beach, grab a snorkel to track down sea life, or try out the range of ROBINSON activities. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples (only), Privacy and Tranquillity, Fine Dining, Activities
For an unforgettable beach experience, like anywhere else, go to Anantara Veli Maldives - quite simply because the resort ticks all the boxes and brings the best of both worlds together. The hotel 'for adults only' is ideal for couples who prefer not to force children to interrupt their hard earned vacation. Not one, but two magnificent islands to relax with the healing properties of massage, facial and Ayurveda. A total of seven restaurants share your meals between them. Possibility to make the most of the water surroundings with surfing, deep-sea fishing and sailing. And, of course, there are ideal pristine sands, clear turquoise waters and iconic water bungalows, that makes the Maldives so desirable destination - all encompassed by five-star hospitality and luxury. And the last reason to book is an exellent location. Anantara Veli is 30 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: All-Inclusive Resort, for Couples, Value
Less than 20 minutes away from Velana International Airport by speedboat, set on a pristine island blessed with tropical beauty in North Malé Atoll, Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives is an adults-only retreat that is ideal for couples and honeymooners. Light and airy villas with wooden flooring and natural fabrics provide sensational views of the Indian Ocean and offer the choice of beachside or overwater accommodation. Pure white sand and a sparkling blue lagoon make this a perfect playground for beach games, snorkelling and water sports, while the magical underwater world of some of the top dive sites in the Maldives are reached within less than half an hour by Dhoni. Exciting dining with a choice of dining programmes, along with a sublime spa, make this intimately scaled resort a haven for those seeking a tropical escape. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Water Villas, All Inclusive, Value, Beach
Ideal for a honeymoon, Adaaran Prestige Water Villas is an exclusive luxury resort located on Meedhupparu island in the Maldivian Raa Atoll. Sharing a private island with the other property of the Adaaran Resort, Adaaran Prestige Water Villas offers 20 water villas that are both large, modern and luxurious, also private and secluded. This is a 5-star resort in every respect, and the service, including a personal butler for each room, is exceptional. Of course, in the Maldives there are more luxurious overwater bungalows at more favorable prices - view the often cheap Adaaran Prestige Vadoo or OBLU SELECT Atmosphere - but few ones include so many free offers. For those who can afford it, the hotel is ideal for a honeymoon or a jubilee trip to the Maldives, with a magnificent house reef that you will never tire to explore. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Adults Only, Water Villas, Diving
You & Me by Cocoon Maldives is the brand newest luxury, “adults only” resort for honeymooners and couples, opened on March 2019. Set on a private island in Raa Atoll of the northern Maldives, You & Me by Cocoon offering a secluded, romantic hideaway in luxurious, “rustic-chic” style surroundings. With the spacious 109 Villas - 99 are over water and 10 are on the beach, six dining options provide world class cuisine in stunning settings, the over-water Orchid Spa, the large swimming pool and water sports centre, the resort offers one of the hottest go-to spots for honeymooners. The resort's solely a la carte culinary spots embody the romantic essence of the island and guests can dine at any four of You & Me’s restaurants including Six-metres underwater, almost half a kilometre away from the pearly shores of the island is H2O, the world’s best underwater restaurant, conceived by world-renowned designer Daniele Lago. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 22.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More