Top 10 Best South Malé Atoll Hotels 2020
Most Popular Resorts in South Male Atoll
Hotels in South Male atoll come in a variety of choices, from five-star luxurious ovewater pool villas that pamper its guests with a range of personalised quality services around-the-clock, to budget beachfront guest houses with lavish suites and a host of amenities that line the popular sunset coast.
As part of the great Kaafu atoll, popular dive sites are scattered around the atoll with manta rays, sharks and fantastic reefs, healthy corals and a some wrecks. Beautiful beaches, crystal clear turquoise waters and breathtaking sunsets over the Indian Ocean are all part of the experience of South Male Atoll's holiday. All South Male's properties are accessible by speedboat from the main airport.
Below is a list of 10 best places in South Male atoll that promise a memorable experience in one of Maldives most favourite resorts.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Best Experience: A Luxury All-Inclusive Resort, Couples, Family, Beach
With the incredible Atmosphere INDULGENCE ALL INCLUSIVE HOLIDAY PLAN, including diving the new OZEN by Atmosphere is a home away from home found among the paradise islands of South Male Atoll in the Maldives. Opening its doors in July 2016 - OZEN by Atmosphere offers discerning travelers an exceptional uniquely luxury all-inclusive experience. OZEN is the only resort in the Maldives where diving is included in the price offering a unique chance to explore a fantastic marine life below Indian Ocean's water surface without sacrificing the budget. The first impression you get already at Male airport; the OZEN team will escort you to a luxury speedboat that gets you to the resort located on beautiful Maadhoo within 35 minutes. The transfer is available 24 hours. Read Full Review....
Best Experience: All Inclusive, Couples and Family, Beach, Diving, huse reef snorkelingBoasting an extensive leisure and wellness facilities, OZEN Reserve Bolifushi - A Luxury All-Inclusive Resort (ex Jumeirah Vittaveli) is a beautiful island ideal for families looking for spacious and affordable accommodation in the Maldives, with a children's and teenage club. With traditional Maldivian architecture and elegance, the hotel is also good for a honeymooners, where you will find total privacy in water villas. Just 20 minutes by luxurious catamaran from Male airport, but at the same time maintaining a sense of uninhabited island, that many people crave for visiting the Maldives, OZEN Reserve Bolifushi is a modern resort complex. New OZEN Vittaveli offers guests "relaxed, ultra-luxe island living" with grand spaces, sun-kissed ocean fronts and gourmet dine-by-design experiences. The property assures absolute seclusion and privacy for guests at its 89 villas and suites, which come equipped with private a swimming pool and direct beach or lagoon access. Read Full Review
Best Experience: Couples, Family, Beaches, spa, gourmet dining, activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the 5-star resort raises the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests.
Spanning across three islands in the South Male Atoll, the breathtaking new resort is surrounded by a crystal clear water lagoon, which will play home to spectacular underwater life. Meaning “Pearl” in Dhivehi the resort will offer global travellers 138 luxuriously appointed villas in an inspirational setting, complemented by the iconic True Waldorf Service experience. Additionally, the resort will feature 10 truly unique dining experiences, including an unforgettable treetop restaurant boasting stunning views. An exclusive yet serene Spa and Wellness Centre, a wide array of water sports as well as extensive facilities for junior guests will also feature within the new Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi. Read Full Review....
Best Experience: quiet and private, honeymoon, gourmet dining, activities
Naladhu in the Anantara's Maldives chain - the most secluded resort. Meaning "a beautiful island," the description is rather modest, given what he offers. The ideal holiday in Naladhu Private Island begins with an ideal location on a secluded paradise island next to two other Anantara resorts: Anantara Dhigu and Anantara Veli. With high levels of privacy, first of all guests are accommodated in ultra elegant 20 spacious beachfront and ocean facing houses instead of ordinary water villas or bungalows. Featuring the concept of a new era for the age-old tradition of excellent service and style in the Maldives, Naladhu is the place where everything is as it should be. All is familiar here, not because you were here before, but because it looks just like you would like to imagine. Create your own timeless moment from a collage of three islands, sand, sun, sea and exceptional service. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for family, activities
With some of the most spacious, luxury villas in the Maldives, a superb kids club, a huge choice of activities and just a 35-minute speedboat ride from Velana (Male) International Airport, Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort is a picture-perfect setting for your next tropical beach holiday with the family. With an excellent selection of spacious villas perfectly positioned to catch the sunrise or sunset, on the beach and over the water, or even with a private plunge pool – there is something to appeal to all families. From the moment you arrive at the resort's jetty, little ones will be ooh-ing and aah-ing in wonder as they peer into the crystal-clear waters to spy puffer fish, sting rays and baby reef sharks. With eight dining options each with a tasty children's menu, families are sure to find something to please even the fussiest of eaters. And they will be wide-eyed with delight as they discover the endless choice of activities, adventures and excursions that await! Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Water Villas, Dining, Honeymoon, Spa
With 64 impeccably designed villas and suites, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, undoubtedly is in the top range of Maldives luxury resorts. But even in thisexclusive group is getting crowded, and there is a sense in the unique offerings that this resort successfully offers better than anyone else. It is here, indeed sublime aspects of the Taj hotel chain - it's fine cuisine and a spa. Individually in the top 3 or 4 in the country, in the bosom of the Taj there are compelling arguments to make you to fly half the way around the world. Another advantage, though not quite unique is that the resort is just a 15-minute luxury speedboat transfer from Male airport. This proximity also includes a special tour by seaplane, and easy access to Male metropolis for historical sightseeing tour. Casting an east flavors that really him to the face, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa has been full renovated in 2008, and today this piece of paradise offers luxury, quiet and a great value Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for Couples (only), Privacy and Tranquillity, Fine Dining, Activities
For an unforgettable beach experience, like anywhere else, go to Anantara Veli Maldives - quite simply because the resort ticks all the boxes and brings the best of both worlds together. The hotel 'for adults only' is ideal for couples who prefer not to force children to interrupt their hard earned vacation. Not one, but two magnificent islands to relax with the healing properties of massage, facial and Ayurveda. A total of seven restaurants share your meals between them. Possibility to make the most of the water surroundings with surfing, deep-sea fishing and sailing. And, of course, there are ideal pristine sands, clear turquoise waters and iconic water bungalows, that makes the Maldives so desirable destination - all encompassed by five-star hospitality and luxury. And the last reason to book is an exellent location. Anantara Veli is 30 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for couples, Spa & Health, Beach, Diving
Only with 33 romantic water villas and 3 suites on the island, Cocoa Island Resort is rated the most lovely resort for the honeymooners and there is not any kind of child-oriented facilities. Located 40 minutes by speedboat from Malé Airport, the hotel also has a high rating in the Maldives based on guest reviews, so it is ideal for adults. Each of the water villas is very private and looks like a traditional Maldivian fishing boat - the only resort of its kind. Of course, in addition to diving and snorkeling there is an excellent spa and even a pavilion for practicing yoga with a teacher. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: for couples, Beach, Diving
The most luxurious of Adaaran' five islands chain in the Maldives, Prestige Vadoo has 50 first class water villas, a beautiful pool, excellent dining options, and an exellent location just 15 minutes by boat from Malé Airport. With all inclusive package, Adaaran Prestige Vadoo still successfully targets the Japanese and Asian markets, although other nations are more than happy with holiday at this resort. And many Europeans love the special style and atmosphere of this unusual small island. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Water Villas, Dining, Honeymoon, Spa
Offers luxurious beachfront and over-water accommodation with uninterrupted ocean views, Velassaru Maldives was reborn as a lovely 5-star resort for couples and families. It was beautifully redesigned and now stands next to all but a very few best resorts in the Maldives. What is immediately noticeable is the level of staff training. Quite suddenly, Velassaru began to stand out for its excellent service, in a place that seems quite quiet and well organized. All right - today the resort is a part of the prestigious chain of Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). It is also awarded one of the most impressive infinity pools that you have ever seen in the Maldives. 129 rooms are equipped with exceptional amenities and of course there is a large public beach with a house reef, overwater spa, diving school, water sports center, and five restaurants and two bars - everything in 25 minutes by speedboat from Male Airport. Read Full Review...
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 22.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
How to Travel On a Budget
The Maldives is a destination fast being added to many traveller's holiday bucket list. But how to enjoy a 5-star luxury Maldives vacation on a Budget? Would you believe me if I told you that an exotic island vacationRead More
First time in Maldives
If you're first time im Maldives and unsure about your upcoming trip, this section will put you at ease. Planning the first trip to the Maldives can be not an easy task: 26 atolls and 1,192 islands sparkle Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More