Most Exciting Water Sports Activities in Maldives
Updated January, 2023
With the sparkling sandy beaches and calm blue waters the Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to the water sports and experiences. The Maldives stands as one of the most exciting honeymoon destinations in the world, and if you are going to Maldives, then you must be looking forward to water sports as well more adventurous side.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing underwater experience or some heart-pumping action on the surface, Maldives will surprise and delight you. So gear up ‘cause its time to select the most thrilling water sports in Maldives for an adventurous holiday!
Here are the top water sports that you must try in Maldives.
Also check our list of the 10 Best Sport Resorts in the Maldives
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Atmosphere resorts - 20% OFF, FULL ALL INCLUSIVE + transfers, minimum 4 nights
- Kandima: Up to 47% OFF discount applicable for stays from 24 December 2023 to 10 January 2024
- Amilla Escape: 30% OFF on water villa rates + HB meal
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
1 Hydrofoil Experiences
Can you imagine yourself a sea bird flying over the ocean? Since December 2019, Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru has become the first Resort in the Maldives to make flying dreams come true with the launch of four pioneering hydrofoil experiences: Kite Foiling, Wake Foiling, Lift Foiling and Naish Wing-Surfer.
- Kite Foiling: Kitesurfing with the addition of a hydrofoil under the board, allowing boarders to reach unprecedented speeds as they "fly" over the surface of the water. Boarders get to experience true synchronicity with the ocean with the Resort’s cutting edge North Pro hydrofoil kiteboard.
- Slingshot Wake Foil: The very best of wakeboarding combined with the elevated thrill of using a hydrofoil, for those who want to cruise the waves behind the Resort’s MasterCraft ski boat.
- Lift Foil: A truly Back to the Future Indian Ocean mash-up, the electric foil board uses a hand controller synced with an electric motor so riders can choose their own speed and master the art of "flying" over the surface of the water.
- Naish Wing-Surfer: Those looking for a new wind-powered thrill should look no further than the wing-surfer. A cross between a windsurfing sail and kiteboarding kite, it’s the ultimate handheld inflatable board riding wing, with no rigging and no strings attached.
Indian Ocean iconoclast Siyam World has unleashed a new fleet of custom Mini Mokes; adrenaline-pumping Seabreachers; and “the world’s first water bike”, Manta5’s Hydrofoiler XE-1, providing guests with three more eyepopping ways to motor away from the Maldives mainstream.Read More
Maldives is the best place to ride the waves, regardless of your experience. The Maldives are spread over a large area in the Indian Ocean and there are great surf breaks in several of the atolls. Surfing in the Maldives is often best from April through October. Luxury surf trips to the Maldives have become increasingly popular as high-end resorts have opened in remote locations near previously hard to access breaks.
Maldives' surfer crowd comprises experienced riders and beginners who want a piece of the action. Pros can head to the outer reef breaks of the Northern Male Atolls, while newbies can opt for smaller waves in the lagoons. If you are an absolute beginner, you can surf at Thulusdhoo, Himmafushi or Guraidhoo where many surf schools are spring up. Read More.
There’s no more waiting for the perfect wave at Hideaway Beach Resort & Spa and its Signature Collection. Together with their Watersports partner Deep Blue, the resort has released this exhilarating experience. Now guests can hop on the hottest watersports trend by trying their hand at E-Surfing.Read More
5 Catamaran Sailing
Enjoy a simple sail into the turquoise lagoon, with magical views of the ocean – one of the best ways to cruise along Indian ocean's warm waters. Catamaran sailing in the Maldives is a relaxing and tranquil sport that provides ample leisure time, combined with an unforgettable adventure at sea. Whether you are a beginner or experienced sailor, gliding through the blue waters is an experience like no other – the ideal sport to add to your holiday in tropical paradise.
The Water Sports Centers at many luxury resorts provide private and group lessons. Short courses are available for the Catamaran enthusiast and a snorkeling trip too!
Kitesurfing melds surfing, wakeboarding, wakesurfing and flying into a hassle-free freestyle, with huge potential for fast progression. Kite Boarding is one of the fastest growing water sports in the world. It combines power kite flying with wakeboarding to create a spectacularly unique sport. The pristine lagoons of Maldives with its flat water offer the best conditions for beginners and professionals alike.ed across the water on a kiteboard similar to a wakeboard or a small surfboard, with or without footstraps or bindings.
7 Water Ski & Wakeboard
If you are a fan of high speed, then water skiing is the perfect sport for you. Dashing on the surface of the water behind a fast-moving watercraft, Water skiing is one of the easiest power sports to learn. Mono Skiing also applies the same principle but with the rider’s both feet strapped to a single ski giving more speed and exhilaration. As a speed thrills sport, water skiing is very popular as its one of the easiest boarding types. It’s easy to learn and the skier most of the times grasp the concept of boarding on the water swiftly, making it easier for the riders to try either wake boarding or mono-skiing.
8 Big Game Fishing
Perfect combination of crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches and a large variety of marine life make the Maldives one of the most fishing destination in the world. Maldives experience is rarely done without fishing, and many an angler aspires to charter a boat with a dream to catch a big fish that should literally budge you! Perhaps you've heard a lot about this beach destination, but do not have a clue about how fishing looks like and what methods of fishing are most popular. Maldives has some of the richest fishing grounds in the world and you do not have to venture far from the shore to break fishing records. Spectacular trophy sailfish and marlin together with shark, GT, giant barracuda, rainbow-runner and wahoo make Maldives an exciting fishing destination for the experienced fisherman and novice alike. Read More
9 Jet Skiing
One of Maldives' most popular activities, an exhilarating experience not to be missed. Jet Ski Safari is becoming very popular today. Visit other islands in the Maldives, snorkel a hidden reef and explore enchanting spots only accessible by Jet Ski. An environmentally friendly approach to jet skiing, using the latest craft with low emissions and noise levels. Get up close with the island’s natural beauty while preserving its quiet harmony. This is an experience at a contained speed that is interpretive, respects the environment and allows for a new perspective in seeing the Maldives. It allows guests a sense of adventure with an experienced guide as well as allowing guest to snorkel on a remote reef and see other islands in the Maldives. All riders must be over 18 years of age, and passengers over 10 years of age.
10 Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP)
Stand up Paddle surfing or Stand up Paddle boarding is an emerging global sport with a Hawaiian heritage. And it is a perfect way to glide on the beautiful waters of the Maldivian reefs. The possibilities are endless with these boards as you can engage in a variety of activities, self or with others. Numerous activities can be tried with the SUP boards, Stand on the board or sit while paddling. Relax on the tip of the board while your friends paddle. Discover on the water snorkeling on a shallow day.
11 X Jet Blade: Flying High
Fly, swirl and soar high above the crystal clear waters of Maldives with the X Jet Blade! A thrilling 15 minute flight shoots you up in the air to fly and twist like a superhero or lets you flip and dive beneath the surface like a dolphin. Join this latest watersports craze and get your adrenaline pumping!
Today, the main theme is snorkeling - the easiest way to explore the marine life of the Maldives. Located in the top 10 list of the best world's destinations because of their surreal paradise landscape and the extraordinary collection of luxury resort, Maldives are equally well known for their underwater wonders, where diving and snorkeling are key assets in the search for an unforgettable experience in the archipelago. Snorkeling in Maldives waters can bring you face to face with everything from clown fish, tuna, and parrot fish, to eagle rays, turtles and even white tip shark. Read More
The Seabob Cayago F7 is the world’s fastest underwater scooter, programmable using an onboard computer to different depths and speeds depending on the rider’s capability. Bounce over the waves like a dolphin or free-dive to experience the ocean like never before. This is a unique water sport that’s as easy as it is addictive. You can try seabob experience in most luxury resorts of the Maldives.
14 Scuba Diving
Scuba diving in the Maldives means diving at one of the worlds best scuba diving destinations, because of the white sand beaches, coral reefs, clear warm waters, dive sites and a thriving and vibrant fish life. At sunrise, by day or by night, from thila and channels to wrecks and reefs, experience the Maldives’ spectacular underwater world with a daily fun dive trips. They're abundant with extensive coral reefs and magnificent fish life. It's common to see sharks, turtles, manta rays, whale sharks and a kaleidoscopic range of tropical sea creatures. Read More
15 Banana Boat Rides & Fun Tubes
If you’re seeking a fun and thrill, inflatable boats suited to speedboat tugging, offering both exhilaration and fun for all that participate.
The Banana Boat ride is one activity you definitely don’t want to miss out on. Jump on the six person inflatable boat with your friends and family and have more fun than you ever imagined while trying desperately not to fall off. Even if you end up falling off, it’s not a problem as all riders are provided with life jackets and will be picked immediately.
For those who like a little more speed and adventure, the fun tube ride is the perfect choice. Hang on while you jump the wake and you bounce along with the waves. The fun part is rolling into the refreshing waters when you can’t hold on any longer.
Parasailing is one of the most exhilarating experiences in the Maldives. Why not take this opportunity to take an aerial picture of the hotel you’re staying at, or why not a daring selfie for the profile. Doesn’t matter how you take it, the view is a must-see. Enjoy Maldives bird's-eye view. Soar in the sky over the ocean while being secured to a parachute. Feel the cool ocean breeze as you zoom over the sea while being pulled by a speedboat. Rates as low as $150 USD for 2 people for 15-minutes depending on the hotel.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Carpe Diem - 09 Apr 2023 - from €1,999 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - North Male-South Male-Vaavu-South Ari-North Male (Male - Male)
- Carpe Novo - 09 Apr 2023 - from €2,435.00 - North Male - Ari - Vaavu - South Male (Male - Male)
- Carpe Vita - 08 Apr 2023 - from €2,296.00 - North Male - Ari - Vaavu - South Male (Male - Male)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More