Maldives Water Sports and Activities
Seakayak, Surfing, Snorkelling, Kiteboarding and Sailing
Maldives - surrounded by warm tropical waters - is a paradise for water sports lovers. The area is well known to scuba enthusiasts but lesser-recognised water activities such a sea kayaking and kite surfing are growing in popularity. Every hotel in the Maldives has a diving school and a water sports center. Diving, snorkeling and surfing are described in detail elsewhere.
Of course, the gentle tides and calm waters from Dcember to April are perfect for house reef snorkeling while the wild and rough waves from May to October are great for surfers. It's your call: either gently ride the waves on a cruise or get to your destination ultra quick on a speedboat.
Almost all Maldivian resorts provide water sports facilities, though it is worth checking ahead if you are devoted to something in particular. Kayaks, dinghies and windsurfers are pretty much a given; water skiing, kite boarding and banana boats are catching on fast; and the more exotic (if less eco-friendly) aquatic pastimes such as jet skis lurk at more up-market places. The non-motorized sports are usually free of hire charges - but expect to pay handsomely for anything that consumes fuel. Enjoy watersports and activities around Maldives.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Honors Legacy - 05 Dec 2020 - from €1,310.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Group specials - 30% OFF! Rates include discount. Valid for new bookings only. Inquire for detail.
- Blue Force One - 05 Dec 2020 - from €1,685.00 - Central Atolls Classical Route - Single Cabin Offer - Single supplement reduced to 50% for a private double cabin! Plus 50% off a second consecutive week
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Emperor Leo - 26 Dec 2020 - from €1,699.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €200 OFF! Price includes discount.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2020 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
The Water Sport Center will offer you at least sailing, windsurfing and catamaran. Kiteboarding is another exciting sport that really fascinates. However, all this is not often used, at least in part because it is calm during high season. For an experienced windsurfer or sailor, the southwest monsoon (from May to November) provides more windy months.
Resorts with large lagoons are best for water sports, because even if the sea is changing, the water surface will be much calmer inside. And while an experienced person can sometimes go for miles to the ocean, in the same lagoon, a beginner can safely ride the shallows and fall to a depth only to the waist. A new and exciting activity has arrived to the Maldives: Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Boards.
If you want something with a motor, choose carefully, as most hotels do not offer motorized sports (see our list of Top 10 Sport Hotels). On the other hand, those who do it can offer anything from simple fun of riding banana and tubing to the thrill of wakeboarding, paragliding and jet skis.
Based on the water theme, some resorts have daily aqua aerobics or water polo in the pool in their list of activities. These are mainly Italian resorts and larger, more family-oriented resorts that put more effort into these activities.
Surfing is growing as part of the Maldives experience, as dedicated and experienced surfers begin to mark the best surfing spots on the Maldives map. Surf safaris are growing in popularity from year to year to satisfy all appetites, although several resorts - those who can boast a big wave on their own reef or proximity to the best spots - try to make surfers their regular guests.
With the sparkling sandy beaches and calm blue waters the Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to the water sports and experiences. The Maldives stands as one of the most exciting honeymoon destinations in the world, and if you are going to Maldives, then you must be looking forward to water sports as well more adventurous side. Read More
Maldives is a healthy lifestyle and an activities destination. In addition to spa, snorkeling and diving each resort in the Maldives can offer facilities for water sports, from surfing and kayaking to kiteboarding, jet skiing and sailing.
The best Maldives hotels keep up the pulse of this sporting inclinations and now the rare resort does not serve its more energetic guests with a modern fitness center complemented with yoga classes amidst magnificent seascapes and, of course, delicious and healthy food. Here are the 10 best sports hotels in Maldives, each winner and champion in its class Read More ...
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 24.10.2020
- Veligandu Island announces UP to 25% OFF on 2020 & 2021 stays to fit Your Maldives Escapes
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Yachting in the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts
- Cocoon Maldives offers XXL All -Inclusive plan
- Emerald Maldives expands culinary offerings with Russian cuisine
- LUX* South Ari Atoll brings Circus to Maldives this Festive Season
- 10 Most Affordable Water Villas in Maldives
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Experience LUX* North Male Atoll in All-Inclusive Offer
- One & Only Reethi Rah Maldives: Place to celebrate this Christmas
- Joali Maldives wins 2020 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Holidays at Taj Exotica Resort, Maldives
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives amongst top Indian Ocean resorts
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives and Conrad Rangali Island Welcome Guests with Assurance and Peace of Mind
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Appoints Alia Korshykova as Sales Manager
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Most Sustainable Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Top 10 most Remote Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Choosing room type that's right for You at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More