Maldives Water Sports and Activities
Seakayak, Surfing, Snorkelling, Kiteboarding and Sailing
Maldives - surrounded by warm tropical waters - is a paradise for water sports lovers. The area is well known to scuba enthusiasts but lesser-recognised water activities such a sea kayaking and kite surfing are growing in popularity. Every hotel in the Maldives has a diving school and a water sports center. Diving, snorkeling and surfing are described in detail elsewhere.
Of course, the gentle tides and calm waters from Dcember to April are perfect for house reef snorkeling while the wild and rough waves from May to October are great for surfers. It's your call: either gently ride the waves on a cruise or get to your destination ultra quick on a speedboat.
Almost all Maldivian resorts provide water sports facilities, though it is worth checking ahead if you are devoted to something in particular. Kayaks, dinghies and windsurfers are pretty much a given; water skiing, kite boarding and banana boats are catching on fast; and the more exotic (if less eco-friendly) aquatic pastimes such as jet skis lurk at more up-market places. The non-motorized sports are usually free of hire charges - but expect to pay handsomely for anything that consumes fuel. Enjoy watersports and activities around Maldives.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Duke of York - 03 Oct 2021 - from €1,724.00 - Central Atolls (Male-Male) - Group Discount Available. Inquire for details. (19% OFF)
- Blue Shark One - 06 Nov 2021 - from €1,783.00 - Tigershark Special - For New Booking Only. Valid until August 31, 2021. (13% OFF)
- Scubaspa Yang - 21 Aug 2021 - from €1,843.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (10% OFF)
- Horizon 3 - 13 Mar 2022 - from €1,706.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - (30% OFF)
The Water Sport Center will offer you at least sailing, windsurfing and catamaran. Kiteboarding is another exciting sport that really fascinates. However, all this is not often used, at least in part because it is calm during high season. For an experienced windsurfer or sailor, the southwest monsoon (from May to November) provides more windy months.
Resorts with large lagoons are best for water sports, because even if the sea is changing, the water surface will be much calmer inside. And while an experienced person can sometimes go for miles to the ocean, in the same lagoon, a beginner can safely ride the shallows and fall to a depth only to the waist. A new and exciting activity has arrived to the Maldives: Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Boards.
If you want something with a motor, choose carefully, as most hotels do not offer motorized sports (see our list of Top 10 Sport Hotels). On the other hand, those who do it can offer anything from simple fun of riding banana and tubing to the thrill of wakeboarding, paragliding and jet skis.
Based on the water theme, some resorts have daily aqua aerobics or water polo in the pool in their list of activities. These are mainly Italian resorts and larger, more family-oriented resorts that put more effort into these activities.
Surfing is growing as part of the Maldives experience, as dedicated and experienced surfers begin to mark the best surfing spots on the Maldives map. Surf safaris are growing in popularity from year to year to satisfy all appetites, although several resorts - those who can boast a big wave on their own reef or proximity to the best spots - try to make surfers their regular guests.
With the sparkling sandy beaches and calm blue waters the Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to the water sports and experiences. The Maldives stands as one of the most exciting honeymoon destinations in the world, and if you are going to Maldives, then you must be looking forward to water sports as well more adventurous side. Read More
Maldives is a healthy lifestyle and an activities destination. In addition to spa, snorkeling and diving each resort in the Maldives can offer facilities for water sports, from surfing and kayaking to kiteboarding, jet skiing and sailing.
The best Maldives hotels keep up the pulse of this sporting inclinations and now the rare resort does not serve its more energetic guests with a modern fitness center complemented with yoga classes amidst magnificent seascapes and, of course, delicious and healthy food. Here are the 10 best sports hotels in Maldives, each winner and champion in its class Read More ...
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Opening Celebration Offer up to 25% OFF; Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 30 Sep 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 01.08.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Amilla Maldives plans Action-Packed Autumn
- Health and Sustainability on the New Menu at Kuredu Island Resort
- Here’s How to Spend Long Weekend at Komandoo Maldives Resort
- Emirates Launches First-Ever Passenger Service From Dubai To Miami
- New Experiences are Waiting for You at Constance Halaveli
- The Maldives lands on Abu Dhabi’s Updated COVID-19 ‘Green List’
- Maldives set 96 Hours for PCR Test Result for Inbound Travellers of All Nationalities
- These 10 adult only All INCLUSIVE resorts in Maldives, are custom-made for Romance
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi to host Russian Ballet
- Get a glimpse of your tropical getaway with the Kuramathi APP
- Malahini Kuda Bandos celebrates 5 Year of Excellence and Magic
- Sun, sea, and Much more at Hondaafushi Island Resort
- Your Summer Would Be Better with Crown & Champa Resorts Collection
- Why You Should Start Dreaming About Komandoo
- New Look Naladhu Private Island to relaunch in November
- Why Upcoming Cora Cora Maldives Resort - The Hottest New opening coming soon
- Meet the new Look of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More