Maldives Water Sports and Activities
Seakayak, Surfing, Snorkelling, Kiteboarding and Sailing
Maldives - surrounded by warm tropical waters - is a paradise for water sports lovers. The area is well known to scuba enthusiasts but lesser-recognised water activities such a sea kayaking and kite surfing are growing in popularity. Every hotel in the Maldives has a diving school and a water sports center. Diving, snorkeling and surfing are described in detail elsewhere.
Of course, the gentle tides and calm waters from Dcember to April are perfect for house reef snorkeling while the wild and rough waves from May to October are great for surfers. It's your call: either gently ride the waves on a cruise or get to your destination ultra quick on a speedboat.
Almost all Maldivian resorts provide water sports facilities, though it is worth checking ahead if you are devoted to something in particular. Kayaks, dinghies and windsurfers are pretty much a given; water skiing, kite boarding and banana boats are catching on fast; and the more exotic (if less eco-friendly) aquatic pastimes such as jet skis lurk at more up-market places. The non-motorized sports are usually free of hire charges - but expect to pay handsomely for anything that consumes fuel. Enjoy watersports and activities around Maldives.
The Water Sport Center will offer you at least sailing, windsurfing and catamaran. Kiteboarding is another exciting sport that really fascinates. However, all this is not often used, at least in part because it is calm during high season. For an experienced windsurfer or sailor, the southwest monsoon (from May to November) provides more windy months.
Resorts with large lagoons are best for water sports, because even if the sea is changing, the water surface will be much calmer inside. And while an experienced person can sometimes go for miles to the ocean, in the same lagoon, a beginner can safely ride the shallows and fall to a depth only to the waist. A new and exciting activity has arrived to the Maldives: Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Boards.
If you want something with a motor, choose carefully, as most hotels do not offer motorized sports (see our list of Top 10 Sport Hotels). On the other hand, those who do it can offer anything from simple fun of riding banana and tubing to the thrill of wakeboarding, paragliding and jet skis.
Based on the water theme, some resorts have daily aqua aerobics or water polo in the pool in their list of activities. These are mainly Italian resorts and larger, more family-oriented resorts that put more effort into these activities.
Surfing is growing as part of the Maldives experience, as dedicated and experienced surfers begin to mark the best surfing spots on the Maldives map. Surf safaris are growing in popularity from year to year to satisfy all appetites, although several resorts - those who can boast a big wave on their own reef or proximity to the best spots - try to make surfers their regular guests.
With the sparkling sandy beaches and calm blue waters the Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to the water sports and experiences. The Maldives stands as one of the most exciting honeymoon destinations in the world, and if you are going to Maldives, then you must be looking forward to water sports as well more adventurous side. Read More
Maldives is a healthy lifestyle and an activities destination. In addition to spa, snorkeling and diving each resort in the Maldives can offer facilities for water sports, from surfing and kayaking to kiteboarding, jet skiing and sailing.
The best Maldives hotels keep up the pulse of this sporting inclinations and now the rare resort does not serve its more energetic guests with a modern fitness center complemented with yoga classes amidst magnificent seascapes and, of course, delicious and healthy food. Here are the 10 best sports hotels in Maldives, each winner and champion in its class Read More ...
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival
- Atmosphere Resorts: Book direct to Save 25% off + FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR test!
- Reethi Beach - SUMMER DEAL - 3O% OFF
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - 25% off with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included
- You & Me Maldives: - UP to 35% OFF Basic Deal 2022
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - 28% OFF with additional benefits
- Mirihi Island: Special Offer - Stay from 1st May 2022 till 31st October and save -25%
- Kuramathi Getaway: All Meals Included. from US$350
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More