Adaaran Club Rannalhi
Best Experience for: Couples, House Reef Snorkeling, All Inclusive, Activity, Value
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is located in the South Malé Atoll and has everything you need for a perfect holiday in the Maldives - stunning white sand beaches, warm turquoise waters, water sports, all-inclusive meals, and comfortable rooms on the beach or over water. With a unique location, there are much more luxurious hotels around (and more expensive), but relatively easy access to Malé airport and reasonable prices make Adaaran Club Rannalhi a good choice for the Maldives. Nevertheless, it is worthwhile to compare it with the Olhuveli Beach & Spa Resort, which has more nice rooms and two luxurious infinity swimming pools.
An Italian tour operator usually fills around half of the rooms at Adaaran Club Rannalh. That percentage is less than the high season, but still the feeling of an Italian club is everywhere in Adaaran Club Rannalhi. If this does not scare you, then this resort is a good value for money option.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Anantara Maldives - UP to 35% OFF, Anantara’s special offers
- Hard Rock Hotel - Summer Family CAMP-CATION with fun-filled activities for Kids & Teens
- Constance Maldives - UP to 45% OFF, for stays until 29th Sep 2023
- Fushifaru Maldives: 40% discount & Kids STAY & EAT Free! Free Cancellation
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is one of the best hotels in Maldives and sits exclusively at the tip of the South Male atoll. Its unique location offers access to pristine beaches, excellent scuba diving opportunities and a relaxed environment with easy access to the capital city of Malé. Expect a bumpy, 40-minute speedboat jorney to Adaaran Club Rannalhi from Malé Airport. Upon arrival, guests are welcomed at the jetty that’s surrounded by dazzling turquoise water, and then escorted to a lobby with thatched roof.
The beautifully designed and meticulously constructed accommodation is set on 5 acres of immaculate greenery bordered by the spotless beach, making it stand out among the finest Maldives Island hotels. With sandy paths, exploring this 130-room resort is a bit like a jungle walk. Leafy trees are abundance and the sand between your toes is felt everywhere (including a covered lobby). Geckos, small iguanas, ants and bats rush into the foliage, and tropical birds can be heard constantly, both from the inside and the beach. Dozens of tiny beaches lurk between the trees, making it easy to claim a private spot under the sun. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Most of the guests at Rannalhi are a cosmopolitan mix of Europeans and Asians, who can all get a night speedboat transfer from Male Airport. The resort is friendly for children of all ages and has a playground, but couples and newlyweds here are the vast majority.
Set in the lush untouched environs of the scenic South Male Atoll, this beautifully designed and meticulously constructed accommodation is set on 5 acres of immaculate greenery bordered by the spotless beach, making it stand out among the finest Maldives Island hotels. Located only 34 km from the Male International Airport, Adaaran Club Rannalhi is reached via a brisk 45 minute speedboat transfer over mesmerising turquoise waters. While staying here, visitors are provided easy access to the major monuments of the Maldives including the National Museum, the Grand Friday Mosque, the Islamic Centre, the Presidential Palace and the Mulee Aagee, a historic home
Rooms and Bungalows
The 96 standard rooms offer elegant, Maldives accommodation and boast all modern conveniences while complementing the natural surroundings adding to the ambience. Guests can choose between beach Standard Rooms and two types of Water Bungalows one with a glass peekaboo in the floor and newer versions without.
Located throughout the expanse of the island, Rannalhi’s two storey chalets offer comfort and space in your private living area, with full facilities. Offering unhindered views of the verdant gardens or the tranquil ocean, these living blocks are made of concrete, but they are pretty attractively decorated. Inside, expect an environment of simplistic elegance along with tropically themed furnishings and facilities, including a mini bar, king size or twin beds, spacious bathroom with hot/cold fresh water & shower cubicle, terrace or balcony; IDD phone facility with direct dialinghairdryer and a large multi-channel TV.
A luxurious experience in themselves, the 34 spacious and secluded Water Bungalows at Adaaran Club Rannalhi offer panoramic ocean views giving access to the changing scenery when day turns to night. Water Bungalows facing sunset, but they have relatively small sun decks that cannot guarantee complete privacy. Interestingly, old Water Bungalows are more popular than new water bungalows. They are darker, smaller and have a small TV, but they have a glass panel in the floor and more windows on the lagoon side. New water bungalows look fresher, lighter and feature a flat-screen TV. The interiors have nicer decor (expect lots of wood, simple furniture, and an airy feel), private balconies, and stairwells for easy ocean access. Imagine your own slice of paradise just a few feet away from the clear blue ripples of the sea. All rooms include free bottled water and electric teakettles, as well as umbrellas and jackets to protect against the tropical rains.
The clean beaches are of good quality and cover about two thirds of the island. Tiny, secluded beaches tucked between the trees offer plenty of shade, while a sprawling main beach is an ideal spot for sunbathing or playing sports. The white sands on the smaller beaches is filled with tiny pieces of coral, so those with sensitive feet may want to wear flip-flops. The south side of Rannalhi, along with the main bar (the main ‘party beach’), had to be strengthened with a series of breakwaters opposing erosion. And in the west, behind the water bungalows where the sand disappeared, a wooden walkway was built. The beautiful lagoon retains its beautiful sandy bottom, so swimming is perfect and snorkeling is also close by.
The main buffet-style restaurant is large, with a rather majestic, almost formal setting, which makes a solid impression as a place to eat, but the quality of the food leaves much to be desired. Today, this resort does not maintain high Italian standards as it was before. However, the waiters are attentive and chatter is encouraging. The main restaurant features a diverse menu daily from breakfast to dinner featuring both continental dishes and cuisine unique to the Maldives. Themed evenings take place regularly, making it possible for guests to enjoy food and drinks from various countries, including fresh seafood and a Chinese cuisine.
The renowned Nika Cocktail Bar with a nice patio over the water; these are the only all-inclusive venues, but guests can also pay for snacks and drinks at a smaller bar and a tiny coffee shop. The Cocktail Bar has all-inclusive snacks between meals. But, in truth, the place does not have enough image. Another point to drink and watch the sunset is a small terrace, outside the Sunset Bar. Unfortunately, during most of the year, the sun sinks in the Indian Ocean between water bungalows. Cocktails, fresh juices, ice cream, and minibar items all cost extra and after services charges and tourist tax, they aren’t cheap.
ALL INCLUSIVE PLAN - What's Included
- All Inclusive meals at the main restaurant
- In addition, Snacks are served buffet style at the Cocktail Bar
- All inclusive beverages are served only at following outlets : Cocktail Bar – 09:00 – 00:00 Hrs; Nika Bar – 10:00 – 00:00 Hrs; Main Restaurant – (During Lunch and Dinner only);
- All Inclusive Beverage package: Whiskey, Brandy, Gin, Vodka, Rum, Draft Beer (served by the glass); House Wine Red/White (served by the glass only during Lunch and Dinner); Soft drinks, Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Bitter Lemon, Soda Water and Tonic Water (served by the glass); Tea and coffee; Mineral water (served by the glass); Cordials (served by the glass); Selected cocktails
The diving school is big and surprisingly always busy. Instructors approach the business with enthusiasm and, obviously, the guests understand this and enjoy the fun diving. Snorkeling is no less popular here. An easily accessible house reef occupies about two-thirds of the island, where fish are the main attractions of the underwater world, including reef sharks, stigrays, jackfishes, turtles and dolphins. There are very few resorts and inhabited islands in the atoll's area, so you have a large selection of good dive sites, but on the other hand, coral growth is still disappointing. READ MORE ABOUT DIVING
For those who prefer sensual pleasures, the hotel has a choice of activities and music during the day and at night. It can be aqua-gymnastics, bocce, volleyball, Latin dances, quizzes and many other pleasant, mass events. A watersports center on the main beach offers kayaking, windsurfing, water skiing and banana rides.
One bonus for guests is a local biologist, who walks around the island talking about the natural environment (including the banyan tree).
Coconut Spa - this company is well known and respected in the Maldives. The treatment room is on the top floor and there is nothing special about the decorations, but the Balinese masseuses are excellent.
Reviews for the Adaaran Club Rannalhi are mixed at best with reviewers differing in opinions. Maintenance problems seem to abound, which is not something you expect at a 4-star resort in the Maldives. The staff also seems to have some problems as a few guests stated that they were less than friendly and lacked knowledge. This however could be something temporary as maybe the staff is new and still in training.
Many reviews do mention that the reefs near the island are amazing, and the setting itself is spectacular. Quite a few guests also report being extremely happy with their stay, so it seems a tough call, but generally you are likely to find other resorts in the Maldives that seem to be more consistent.
Why stay here? What Guests Love
- A great location close to Malé airport
- Clean and beautiful islandWater bungalows, especially distant ones, are more private and with impressive ocean views.
- All inclusive meal plan. Quality alcohol
- Absolutely lively ocean! Lots of beautiful fish. Snorkeling is a great pleasure.
- Professional diving center
What You Need to Know
- Find the perfect balance between relaxation and entertainment with the special packages and Maldives hotel promotion offers at Adaaran Club Rannalhi. View the packages
- All Adaaran Resorts properties and Heritance Aarah will reopen in July and September 2020 with enhanced health and safety measures, under parent company Aitken Spence Hotels’ Spence Safe initiative.
- Adaaran Club Rannalhi is located in South Male Atoll and is 45 minutes by speedboat from Velana International Airport (VIA);
- Pricey airport transfers
- Check-in from 01:00 - 11:00, Check-out from 08:00 - 12:00
- All children are welcome but no kids' club or babysitting services. Accommodation with children is provided only in standard rooms.
- No pool or fitness center
- Cocktails, fresh juices, ice cream, and minibar items cost extra
- No drink service on the beach
- No Wi-Fi in rooms (free computer station with slow Internet in lobby)
- Beach rooms can be noisy
- Guests have complained of ants/insects in beach rooms
- Fee for water sports rentals
LiveAboard.com Special Deals
- Horizon 3 - 02 Jul 2023 - from €1,270 - Best of the Central Atolls (Male - Ari - Vaavu - Male)Up to 1400USD off!
- Seafari Explorer 2 - 10 Dec 2023 - €1,806 - Central Atolls (Male - Male)Up to $260 OFF!!
- Emperor Harmoni - 21 Dec 2023 - from €2,646 - Best of Raja Ampat (Sorong - Sorong)Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (30% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More