Adaaran Prestige Vadoo
Best Experience: for Couples, Beach, Diving
The most luxurious of Adaaran' five islands chain in the Maldives, Prestige Vadoo has 50 first class water villas, a beautiful pool, excellent dining options, and an exellent location just 15 minutes by boat from Malé Airport. With all inclusive package, Adaaran Prestige Vadoo still successfully targets the Japanese and Asian markets, although other nations are more than happy with holiday at this resort. And many Europeans love the special style and atmosphere of this unusual small island.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 May 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: ENJOY UP TO 35% OFF YOUR STAYS; book before April 4 for stays until June 30, 2021
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits; Book till April 30 for stays until Sep 30
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Anantara Hotels: Sun Kissed Sri Lankan Escapes offer with 40% savings
The list of indulgences that awaits you at the Maldives Island resort can only be matched by the captivating lushness of the surroundings. Upon arrival, guests are welcomed with a fruity drink and guided to their water villa by a personal butler, who explains the ins and outs of the island. With 2.8 acres of dry land, Vadoo is one of the smallest island resorts in the Maldives. It's so small, in fact, that every room had to be built over the water for lack of space. The resort claims to have the oldest water bungalow in the country, erected in the late '80s, which now functions as a small museum.
The main features on the island are an outdoor pool, spa , two upscale restaurants, and two bars - one on the beach and one perched in a scenic location over the water. Design-wise, the resort has an eco-rustic feel with hardwood, bamboo, and palapa roofing incorporated into the architecture. At the center of the island is a beautifully landscaped garden , which is home to imported bunnies, turtles, and parakeets.
The atmosphere is romantic and upscale, yet casual. Many guests walk around barefoot during the day and dress up for dinner at night. (The restaurants are elegant - the sort where waiters will pull out your chair and place a cloth napkin into your lap.) The majority of guests are honeymooners and couples from East Asia.
As the gateway to the South Atolls, Vadoo possesses its own exotic reef teeming with vibrant aquatic flora and fauna. Prestige Vadoo is only 15 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from Male city by speedboat , making it one of the most accessible resorts in the Maldives . Located on its own private island in South Male Atoll, the 2.8-acre island is especially walkable and easy to navigate. Views of nearby Male are less than idyllic, but most of the guest rooms look out over nothing but ocean. An 86-person staff lives at the center of the island.
On the island itself there is no accommodation, only 50 Water villas in the lagoon. These 40 standard rooms - Sun Rise Villa and Sun Set Villa - are elegant suites with Asian features, such as a low bed, wood-paneled walls and a sliding wooden partition between the living area and the bathroom.
The resort has four types of water villas: Japanese, Honeymoon, Sunrise, and Sunset. All have the same luxurious features, but Honeymoon Villas offer more privacy and have extra-large, bi-level decks. The Sunrise and Sunset Villas are identical (except for the view), and Japanese Villas are furnished in traditional Japanese decor. Decor incorporates lots of hardwood (the floors, some of the walls); natural materials (thatched roofs, outdoor bamboo privacy fences, privacy shades of woven fibers); and contemporary style (streamlined furniture, modern bedding). Each villa features a king bed (on a floor-level platform), spacious bathroom, and a large deck with a daybed, plunge pool, and steps descending into the lagoon. There is a possibility to open the partition to fully see the space up to the jacuzzi and also watch the second TV right from the jacuzzi.
Ironically, the main TV is attached to the wall almost at the height of human growth, too far from the couch and unable to turn to the bed. And the couch seat cushions slip out from under you. Here are such unexpected details in such a classy resort, so we will expect that they will be eliminated.
An outdoor jetted tub also connects to the bathroom, where guests can soak at watch DVDs on a strategically placed flat-screen TV. Every room includes a free bottle of champagne, minibar, teakettle, bottled water, and Wi-Fi.
4 Honeymoon Suites - similar rooms, but are on their own jetty far from all this.
Superior rooms are located at the end of the main jetty of water villas. This is a 6 'Japanese' villa. They were conceived and supplied by the Japanese, and are serviced only by Japanese personnel. Everyone looks absolutely authentic and quite delicious. These numbers are very popular with Europeans who really like this accommodation, since the Japanese just arrived from Japan to the Maldives may be looking for a different style, different from the classic Japanese interior
Restaurants and Bars
Dining packages include bed-and-breakfast, half-board (breakfast and dinner), or all-inclusive gold (all meals and alcohol). The main restaurant, Farivalhu, has indoor and outdoor seating and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is quite good, with international dishes that range from fresh seafood to Pan-Asian cuisine. In addition to the main dining room, there is a fine Japanese restaurant with a sushi bar. Kithajima, also serves dinner, but it’s not all-inclusive. The latter is one of the few remaining restaurants in the resort that has a menu and table layout for all 3 cources. For dinner, as a rule, there will be a choice of 2 snacks, 2 soups, 3 main courses (excellent beef) and 2 desserts Evening barbecues are also available at additional cost. The resort has two bars -- a casual beach bar and the swankier Kanduolhi Bar, which features panoramic views of the ocean. Finer wines and alcohols may not be included in the all-inclusive package.
The food is excellent and beautifully presented. It's all smart enough to make you feel a little special, but not too formal. Many guests go barefoot during the day and elegantly dress for dinner.
Day and night it's quiet here. There is no evening entertainment, except for irregular discos in the beach bar. However there is no closing time for the Dhoni and Kandolhi bars. While someone is having fun and drinking, the place remains open. Similarly, there are no restrictions for the use of the pool, and often guests like to swim late at night. It is necessary to say that this pool is one of the most beautiful in the Maldives and is located surrounded by a stunning landscaped garden ideal for evening romantic walks.
Things to Do
Like most resorts in the Maldives, Adaaran Prestige Vadoo has lovely white-sand beaches and a clear, turquoise lagoon. Guests can take their pick from a number of wooden lounge chairs, and staff will provide beach towels upon request. Some sections of beach are filled with tiny pieces of coral, so those with sensitive feet may want to wear flip-flops. The best area for snorkeling is at a reef in front of the Dhoni beach bar. The water temperature was perfect during our November visit -- cool enough to feel refreshing, yet warm enough to slip into without a chill. We couldn’t find a speck of trash anywhere.
Scuba Diving in the hotel reef and neighbouring Kaafu's atoll dive sites will open your eyes to the tiers of multi coloured corals, schools of small mesmerizing coral fish together with graceful stingrays that elegantly glide through the water and sleek sharks that prowl the seabed offering you an unforgettable scuba diving Maldives experience. READ MORE ABOUT DIVING
Plenty of perks are available for those willing to pay extra. Guests can arrange private beach dinners, in-room spa treatments, or choose from a number of excursions (such as fishing trips, tours of Male, or a submarine dive). Freebies include DVD rentals, in-room Wi-Fi, snorkeling gear, and a private butler that will do everything from running a hot bath to bringing room service orders.
The Chavana Spa features two double room with bath, 3 outdoor Bale, Manicure and Pedicure and retail boutique which offers a range of retail products and spa gifts. With spa services ranges from traditional aromatherapy massages to result-driven Elemis face and body treatments, using dynamic with medical grade formulas that offer scientific solutions to every skin, body and lifestyle concern; a perfect way to complete a perfect getaway.
Reviews for the the Adaaran Prestige Vadoo are very positive, with the small and intimate setting of the island itself being a major plus. The service, which includes your own butler, mostly gets very high marks, though some do report some delays or confusion, which seems natural at some point for any resort. There are also a few that say the butler service was the only service that was attentive, though only a few feel this way. The food gets very good reviews as well, though some say the atmosphere in the lounge could be improved upon. Overall this appears to be a good choice among moderately priced 5-star overwater bungalow resorts in the Maldives.
“Absolutely divine!”, “My butler was the best in the world and I love his hospitality and professionalisum! Vijendra”, Exceptional, “Heaven on earth”, “Stay at the honeymoon villas”, “awesome holidays”, “My best vacation in life! :)”, “Excellent stay, beyond my expectations. Amazing staff and the beautiful corals.”, “Nice but small resort ”, “Outstanding & exceeding expectations ”, “Very beautiful resort with perfect villa!”, “Gorgeous location.”, Exceptional....
Why stay here? What Guests Love
- Excellent location - only 15 minutes from Male airport by speedboat
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Good food. The food is delicious and nourishing. Fresh seafood / fish every day.
- Excellent and various breakfasts.
- A large swimming pool and a very beautiful landscaped garden.
- Beautiful white sandy beach and clear turquoise waters
- Excellent spa
- A romantic and upscale atmosphere, but quite laid-back
- Free snorkeling gear
- Night beach parties and barbecue (BBQ not included)
- Exciting excursions (fishing at sunset, tours in Male, and submarine trips)
What You Need to Know
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo has a range of special offers and attractive Maldives resort rates that let you enjoy the very best the Island has to offer. View the deals
- All Adaaran Resorts properties and Heritance Aarah will reopen in July and September 2020 with enhanced health and safety measures, under parent company Aitken Spence Hotels’ Spence Safe initiative.
- Adaaran Prestige is located on Vadoo Island in South Male Atoll and is 15 minutes by speedboat from Velana International Airport;
- Pricey airport transfers
- Views of nearby Male city and 'trash' island diminish the remote island feel
- There is no shop in the resort
- Guests have complained about passing boat traffic from the airport
- Limited water sports rentals (no Jet Skis, catamarans, or kayaks)
- Fresh juices and minibar items not part of all-inclusive rate
- The main beach and villas of Sun Rise Villas with views of Male on the horizon;
- no house reef
- No children’s pool, playground, kids’ club, or babysitting services
- A tight fitness center, limited water sports
- High prices for meals on the menu;
- The main contingent is Chinese, Japanese. Very secluded, quiet.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (14.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blue Spirit - 22 Aug 2021 - from €1,196.00 - Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) - (20% OFF)
- Blue Voyager - 08 Aug 2021 - from €1,170.00 - Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) - (20% OFF)
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 12.04.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Soneva launches Academy for Children
- Mohammad Shami has a vacation at Kandima Maldives before new cricketing season
- Marriott Bonvoy portfolio in Maldives formes new Market Sales & Marketing team
- Milaidhoo Maldives has announced a special offer for upcoming Eid al-Fitr holidays
- Rediscover the Maldives with Centara
- The Nautilus Maldives launches skydiving
- Shraddha Kapoor is back to Maldives, now at Baros
- Surbhi Jyoti shares vacation photos and videos from The Standard getaway in Maldives
- Minissha Lamba having an adventure Maldives holiday at Hideaway Beach Resort
- Indian actor Allu Arjun enjoys family time at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI
- Enjoy Maldives Adventure holidays with island resort special offers
- Maldives Cheap Scuba Diving Holidays: 10 Best Hotels for divers on a budget
- Book in advance and enjoy discount off the best rates
- Enjoy Ramadan Escape at Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More