Amaya Resorts & Spa Kuda Rah
Best Experience: Couples, Spa, Swimming with Whale Sharks, Family, Diving
Amaya Resorts & Spa Kuda Rah is a beautiful, laid-back getaway that boasts a fantastic location in the heart of the South Ari Atoll in the Maldives. With a pristine beaches, a wide range of world class dive sites and the best of Maldivian hospitality, the 5-star all inclusive resort offers the finest in relaxation and luxury with the utmost privacy. The 41 rooms have one bedroom each, while the 10 x Family Duplexes have two bedrooms. The resort also houses two gorgeous restaurants, swimming pool and a beautiful island spa.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits; Book till May 31 for stays until Sep 30
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 May 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Special offer with fly, stay and dine benefits!
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Anantara Hotels: Sun Kissed Sri Lankan Escapes offer with 40% savings
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Upon arrival on the island expect a warm welcome with a bottle of sparkling wine and a basket of fruits in the room! That's an amazing resort for couples and families with complete privacy and tranquility when you can enjoy your peace of mind and your partner snorkeling in beautiful waters or kayaking around the island or just fanning half naked by your own piece of beach.
Previously J Resort Kuda Rah, the resort is now under new management and ownership. New owners, Luxury Resorts (Amaya Group), have renovated and upgraded all room categories, with changes to interior furnishings. Landscaping has also been overhauled, and the beach & sea erosion protections redesigned and repaired. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
The island is almost in the channel, the beach is beautiful but to protect against erosion around the reef was build a decorative wall that actually does not spoil the ocean views. The widest strip of white soft sand is in the western half of the island near the landscape swimming pool, however, every Beach Villa has its own stretch of beach with comfortable sun beds and umbrellas. A stroll at the beachside or a candle-lit dinner by the beachfront- you're sure to have the time of your life with your loved one.
Awarded Villa Resort of the Year 2018 by Travel and Hospitality Awards, the resort is surrounded by a calm and welcoming atmosphere. The resort is fabulous, well laid out, chicly designed, clean and very well maintained. The interior of the beautiful island is covered with dense vegetation and coconut trees and is entangled by numerous paths linking the rooms with resort facilities. In 2017 the resort has received a full renovation and today looks new and fresh. The island is very clean and it's hard to find any trash.
Amaya Kuda Rah Maldives is located in Alifu Dhaalu Atoll (also known as Southern Ari Atoll). With whale shark and manta ray sightings almost guaranteed, South Ari Atoll is a spectacular destination for divers and snorkelers alike. Amaya Kuda Rah is located just minutes away from the famous diving site of Kuda Rah Thila. Add into the mix the atoll’s many beautiful islands, ringed by picture-postcard, white sand beaches, and sand bars surrounded by limpid azure waters, and you have some of the most spectacular - and instagram-worthy - scenery in the Maldives.
Once you arrive at Velana International Airport in Maldives, you will be met by a representative of Amaya Kuda Rah, assigned to handle your transfers in Maldives. You have two options to get the island. Domestic flight will take around 30 minutes from Male International Airport to Maamigili Domestic Airport, followed by a 15 to 20-minute speedboat ride to reach the resort. Seaplane shall give you around 25-minute scenic -photo flight to one of the platforms nearby Amaya Kuda Rah, from where you will be transferred by boat within 10 to 15 minutes to reach the resort.
The resort has 51 villas available, perfect for either a romantic escape or a memorable family getaway. Choose between staying in a secluded and romantic beachfront bungalow that puts you mere footsteps from the sandy beachfront, or an idyllic overwater villa that promises incredible ocean views and the chance to take a dip in the lagoon whenever you desire. The spacious villas and suites are thoughtfully designed to offer you sublime delight throughout your stay. Sunbathe on wooden decks; luxuriate in your private plunge pool or retreat to the comforts of your room for some well-deserved rest. All the accommodations allow for some quality time together with your spouse at the resort.
Beach Villas are located in seclusion with an own private beach, offering a breathtaking, uninterrupted view of the lagoon to the exclusive paradise. With teak interiors complete with plush yet minimalist, warm and cosy furnishing. Family Duplex Beach Villa with Private Poolthe is two storey.
Villas are renovated and well decorated. All villas have pool. Beach Villa's pool is small but it has privacy cause it is behind the villa. Beautiful beach waits for you in front of your villa. Beach Suite Villas are two storied, they have a big pool in front. Living room on the first floor and bedroom on the second floor. Bathroom is huge with a tub. Beach Villa also features an outdoor rear garden with private plunge pool and outdoor rain shower.
All rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Positioned over the azure waters of the lagoon, Water Villas (118 sq.m.) offer unobstructed ocean views, a private infinity plunge pool and a waterfront sundeck. Floor-to-ceiling windows lets you wake up to gorgeous scenery, while a private sundeck grants you direct access to house reef snorkeling. Located on the island's eastern tip, the Water Villas are also the perfect spot to witness the famous Maldives sunrise. Regarded as one of the most exquisite water villas in Maldives, complete with an infinity plunge pool, sun deck and direct access to the blue lagoon, your holiday on this paradise island begins here.
The Presidential Suite is a perfect way to maximize your luxury stay in the Maldives with the resort's top villa category, just a few steps away from the crystal-clear water, Presidential Suite is positioned over the azure lagoon between water villas. Featuring a jacuzzi with unparalleled view and a private extended sundeck with plush daybeds, this special villa epitomizes an iddilic overwater living.
Restaurants and Bars
Wine and dine at three fantastic bars and restaurants, or opt for destination and in-villa dining. Dining is a joy at Amaya Maldives; savour sensational Thai and Sri Lankan dishes at the bright and airy Half Lime Restaurant, or dine on delicious international cuisines at the elegant Sea Spray. If you would prefer a more intimate dining experience, the resort also offers a fabulous in-villa dining service, as well as destination dining experiences that invite you to enjoy their incredible dishes under the starry night sky.
Sea Spray is the main buffet restaurant which serves a wide selection of international and local cuisines for your breakfast, lunch and dinner. Expect themed selections every week and experience traditional specialties from around the world.
Freshly caught seafood and local tropical fruits inspire a wonderful array of breakfast creations at Sea Spray restaurant. Enjoy an aromatic mas huni, a traditional Maldivian breakfast food made of succulent tuna, onion, grated coconut and curry leaves. An all-day dining restaurant with romantic ocean views, Sea Spray lets you relax and replenish at any time of the day.
If you are craving for authentic Asian cuisines, Half Lime restaurant is the place to head. Enjoy a la carte dining with a choice of Indian, Thai, Sri Lankan and Middle Eastern specialties. Top the whole experience with shisha available upon request. Also catch the movie nights every week and local night once a week complete with Maldivian cultural show bodu beru.
The Glow pool bar offers variety of cocktails, mocktails, wines, champagnes and spirits. A la carte menus for food are also available throughout the day. This is the is-land’s perfect spot to witness Maldives’ famous sunsets. On certain nights, you’ll be entertained with a live band or you may sing your heart out during our karaoke nights.
In-villa Dining service is available from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Breakfast may be served from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
All Inclusive Plan - What's included
• Beverages included in the all-inclusive package: regular brands of whiskey, brandy, vodka, gin, rum, tequila, aperitif, beer, house wine (red and white), soft drinks, regular tea and coffee (excluding specialty teas & coffees), selection of cocktails and mocktails
• Not included in the all-inclusive package: champagne, sparkling wine, fresh fruit juices, cappuccino, espresso and any other specialty hot beverages. These drinks shall be considered as extra charges and will be paid upon consumption at the resort, at regular prices.
• Beverages will be served by glass and will be available only at Glow Bar from 10:00 AM to 12:00 midnight and at the main restaurant, Sea Spray, during lunch and dinner only. Drinks are not permitted to be taken from the bar to the rooms. Drinks requested after midnight will be considered as extra charges and will be paid upon consumption at the resort, at regular prices.
• Snacks such as sandwiches, pastries and assorted cookies are included in the package and will only be served at the Glow Bar from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
• A four (4) course candlelit romantic dinner by the beach is included in the package, to be set only once during the stay. A bottle of red or white wine will be included during the dinner.
The luxurious Amaya Spa by Mandara is ideally nestled in a secluded part of the island resort, and comprises a total of three treatment rooms with steam, bath and shower, retail boutique and a manicure-pedicure area. The exotic aromas of spices and pure essential oils and the gentle sounds of soothing music intended to bathe your senses and lull you into a state of relaxed bliss.
The treatment menu is a combination of Asian inspired treatments and a selection of ELEMIS spa therapies, specifically designed to offer a unique experience, using powerful massage sequences and the most potent actives available in the world today. Mandara Spa’s signature treatments, such as Mandara Massage, Pure Nature Facial and Ultimate Indulgence are also available. The Balinese masseur make real miracles...
The Spa Boutique ensures the guests that their experience can continue beyond the boundaries of the spa.
For those seeking adventure, the resort's team offers a range of watersports and island tours that lets you explore beyond the seashore. In your downtime, treat yourself to a pampering spa treatment or idle your day away by turquoise waters. At Amaya, the choice is yours.
Explore South Ari Atoll's marine life with an experienced divers. Get up-close and personal with the breathtaking underwater world of the Maldives. Explore through spectacular dive sites such as Kuda Rah Thila and observe the enchanting beauty of many beautiful creatures of the deep, such as grey reef sharks, Napoleon fish as well as sea turtles. READ MORE ABOUT DIVING
The Maldives is the only place in the world with a year-round population of whale sharks. However, they are wild animals so there’s no guarantee of a definite sighting, but the dive center's team know the best spots to find them. If it’s your lucky day, then you might get up-close these majestic creatures, which will definitely be one of the most amazing experiences of your lifetime.
Water Sports Center offers the wide range of aqua activities such a jet ski, kayak, canoe, banana boat and fun tube with family and friends. There is a fitness center on site, complete with a range of cardio and resistant equipment to help you meet your fitness goals .
All children are welcome and the resort has a kids club. When the adults are away, the kids shall play! The children club features a range of indoor and outdoor activities, from coconut painting to a beach treasure hunt, creative crafts and games to ensure the little guests enjoy their time while you indulge in luxury comforts.
Also on offer there are exciting excursions: Dolphin Watching, Turtle Quest, Sunset Fishing, local island hopping (Dhigurah or Dhangethi), Sunset Cruise, sandbank picinc, Cooking Class and more.
Amaya Resorts & Spa Kuda Rah receives excellent reviews from almost every guest. The size and luxury of the rooms receive high marks, as are the service and the staff as a whole. Food is rated highly for quality, but there is not enough variety that is not typical for luxury all-inclusive resorts. Spa and diving is also a great experience with many guests raving about swimming with whale sharks and marine life.
... Suitable for couples on honeymoon who want to just have a relaxing holiday, Amazing holiday that we will remember for a very long time, Unforgettable experience, The most beautiful 5 nights in my life, a week of total relax, Romantic Paradise and diving, Peaceful perfect honeymoon getaway, Absolute paradise, didn't want to leave!, Amazing Service and Great Stay, Superb, Very good, Fabulous ...
Pros: What Guests Love
- A beautiful and greenery island with white sandy beaches.
- Romantic and tranquil atmosphere.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- The water villa
- All inclusive meals plan in three restaurants, as well as 24-hour room service
- Quality, delicious and varied food. The chef is super great!
- Beach infinity pool with shallow children's sector
- Kid's club and daily activities for children included free of charge
- Swimming with whale shark
- Mandara spa
What You Need to Know
- The resort is located on a private island in South Ari Atoll in 30 minutes by domestic flight from Male airport + short boat ride
- Check-in from 14:00, Check-out before 12:00
- Some dishes and cocktails are not included in all inclusive package
- The beach area is the best around beach villas on the island's westerm side.
- Mask, snorkel and fins - for free
- Full board didn't include bottled water at meal times
- Amaya Kuda Rah was recognised as the Best Boutique Resort in The Maldives, at the 25th Annual World Travel Awards 2018
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Scubaspa Yang - 15 May 2021 - from €2,313.00 - Best of Maldives - (25% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 16 May 2021 - from €1,199.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €280 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Carpe Novo - 27 Nov 2021 - from €1,382.00 - North Male - Baa - Ari - Vaavu - South Male - Early Bird Deal (10% OFF)
- Blue Shark One - 02 Jan 2022 - from €1,236.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until May 31, 2021 . (16% OFF)
- Maldives Aggressor II - 07 Nov 2021 - from €3,133.00 - Best of Maldives - Meemu (Male-Male) - $500 OFF! Rates include discounts! Valid until May 07, 2021.
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 00.05.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort debuts in Paradise this Summer
- The Maldives have been added to UK's red list countries
- Take Your Vacation to the Next Level with Amilla Maldives
- St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
- The Nautilus Maldives launches its first ever Holistic Spa Month
- Sheraton Maldives Introduces USD 130,000 Exclusive Island Takeover
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Vilamendhoo Island Resort
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Honeymoon at Maafushivaru Maldives
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives partners with Bamford brand
- Cora Cora Maldives Appoints Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands announces LEGENDARY DEBUT offer
- Marriott Bonvoy celebrates Healthcare Heroes with special rates
- The Maldives resorts still welcomes Indian travelers!
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen vacations in the Maldives
- Spend a romantic weekend at Baros Maldives
- The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfasts in the Maldives
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More