Biyadhoo Island Resort
Best Experience: Couples, House Reef Snorkeling, Diving, Value
Biyadhoo Island Resort
Best Experience: Couples, House Reef Snorkeling, Diving, Value
Biyadhoo Island is not a new hotel, in fact it is one of the oldest resorts in the Maldives, but for many years it was on the verge of closing due to a major renovation.
The fact that Biyadhoo has not changed in the last 30 years means that it slipped to the bottom of the resorts of the Maldives. That is, in terms of its number of rooms and buildings that are maintained at a minimum level.
On the other hand, the natural environment remains very good. Snorkeling on the house reef is a daily joy and one of the reasons why many guests choose Biyadhoo Island Resort. The beaches freely come and go all over the island thanks to artificial attempts to keep it in place and enlarge with a pump. World-class diving in the region is known for sites like: Kandooma Thila with its huge schools of fish, Kandooma Caves because of its soft corals and the Guraidhoo Marine Reserve Kandu (fast wide channel).
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Resorts: EASTER BREAK offer - UP to 40% OFF; book till 10 March, stay till 15th of May 2021
- Crown & Champa Resorts OFFERS: UP to 40% OFF; Hot deals are extended with booking window till 31 March
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Accorhotels Maldives: Maldives destination offer
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer from $337.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Located in South Male Atoll, Biyadhoo’s easy laid back vibe is a rare and refreshing treat in the Maldives today. Biyadhoo is blessed with posh tropical vegetation and famed to have the best house reef in the Maldives. For relaxation, there’s a main stretch of beach plus several smaller beaches around the island. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Fringed by a crystalline lagoon and powdery white sandy beaches - there’s no pretence about Biyadhoo if you’re looking for a simple escape at a good value, established resort with a wonderful natural environment, this is it. It’s why many of the guests here return year after year. Apartments and all infrastrcture is dated and the guests don't mind but everything could be more clean than it is. The resort has recently improved many of its facilities, with changes including free Wi-Fi in the lobby and bar area and twice-weekly snorkelling trips, as well as a refreshment of the rooms, reception, restaurant (where there’s also a new chef) and bar.
Biyadhoo Island Resort is located in South Malé Atoll in 30 км from the capital of Maldives. Like most of the islands of Kaafu atoll, the resort uses a speedboats instead of a seaplane, because it is very close to Male. Airport transfer time is approx. 45 minutes by speedboat from Malé airport. On the other hand, you are deprived of fantastic views of the Maldives from a bird's eye view.
All 96 Beach Front Rooms (30 sq.m.) are beach front and set amongst palm trees and tropical vegetation. Inspired by a sense for simple design, the standard rooms provide a laid-back feel on this gem of an island. Rooms are housed in two-storey blocks, just a few steps back from the water’s edge. Room spotless (although a little dated), but if you look at the rates, food, gardens and all over maintenance of the island, then it is not important, as most guests here tend to focus on the outdoors. Each has a balcony or terrace leading to the beach. As many others state, the rooms on the west side is better than on the east side. For those who wants to enjoy the beach along with some snorkelling, west side is recommended. But in the evenings, the second or the third building can get loud from the live programs they conduct in the bar.
An air-conditioning, the rooms are furnished with double or single beds, a sitting area and a writing desk. Other amenities include a mini bar, tea and coffee maker, hair dryer, laundry service and IDD telephone. If you travel with children the resort has a really nice baby cot. An outdoor porch with comfortable seating provides for the perfect spot to relax and take in the fresh ocean breeze. These rooms allow you to enjoy the natural setting of Maldives and escape to the beautiful beach in no time.
Food and Drinks
With a limited time for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Palm is the resort’s air-conditioned restaurant, offering buffets and set menus with international cuisine. The food is simple, but abundant. In the evening, the al fresco Coconut Bar becomes the island’s hub as the place for drinks in a relaxed atmosphere, often with entertainment. The bar is fun and full of people who appreciate only what they came for - swimming, snorkeling, tanning and relaxation. Stay between May and November and you'll get your drinks included, with a free upgrade from Full Board to All Inclusive.
All Inclusive plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at the restaurant, selected drinks, snacks at Coconut Bar 4-5pm, snorkelling and windsurfing equipment (no tuition), 1 sunset fishing trip.
House Reef Snorkeling
For snorkellers, the fabulous house reef has seven different passages and offers the opportunity to get up-close with reef sharks, rays and turtles. Snorkeling around the island is extremely diverse and interesting, aside of lots of colorful fish (often in schools) we've seen: black morays, eagle rays, turtles, calamari, living shells, lobster, once even found octopus who tried to himself with ink cloud. Reef sharks, either adult and baby, are all over the place, but are not dangerous: few times we even managed to reach them with hands to pet, but that requires some agility.
Night snorkeling is also definitely worth the try: darkness provides different perspective on home reef. At night the flowers on corals open up and different species of fish show up. For example lion fish are pretty rarely seen at daytime, but there were many at night.
The diving at Biyadhoo is a real highlight. The Dive Ocean PADI 5 Star is a focal point of the island, set next to the main jetty, and its instructors are incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable. Local dive sites include Manta Point (a manta cleaning station between June and November), Hogura Hura (a beautiful calm site, perfect for all abilities) and the thrilling Kandooma Thila (for experienced divers only, due to its strong currents).
Apart from an abundance of sharks, rays, turtles and dolphins, the legendary house reef of Biyadhoo is blessed with 7 different passages and a famous cave where you will encounter rare marine species. READ MORE ABOUT DIVING
Activities and Pampering
The resort's facilities are badminton, volleyball, board games, PADI dive school, watersports including windsurfing and catamaran sailing, themed evenings and live music, Wi-Fi in the lobby and bar area
Overlooking the waters of the Indian Ocean, the Aavun Spa at Biyadhoo offers the concept of home spa facilities, using natural ingredients such as rice, coffee, orange, honey, coconut and herbs and spices combined with traditional Asian body massages.
As for island hopping, there's only like 5 destinations available via speed boat and you can do them in one go: dolphin spot, manta ray spot, local village, sandbank and alternative snorkeling spots. Snorkeling spots are pretty similar to house reef or worse. Sandbank basically is a tiny island with few bushes and some garbage, but clear sand beach all around which is swimmable without snorkeling gear (which is not available on resport itself).
Local village is pretty basic and is not much different from any other non-western village, the only points of interest were huge sting rays in docks and very large yacht being built manually by local engineers.
Dolphin spot is very impressive because there are like 200+ dolphins swimming and jumping into the air with crazy somersaults all over the place, which you can watch either from boat or swim with them in snorkeling gear. Also you can try morning and sunset fishing, BBQ dinner on the beach, and pergola dinner for two.
The exursion to Malé, the capital city of Maldives, is rich with quaint shops, cozy cafes, stylish restaurants and the hustle and bustle of Maldivians living their daily lives. A journey to a nearby inhabited island is experience the local way of life. Explore the serenity of these islands and revel in a community that is inviting and friendly, a way of life that is reflected in every single island.
Biyadhoo's white sand beach is the perfect haven to celebrate your special day with a symbolic ceremony to renew your vows. Celebrate your love with a traditional Maldivian wedding ceremony and revel in memories to be treasured for a lifetime.
If you like these aspects and are able to close your eyes to designer luxury, which is now an integral part of many resorts in the Maldives, then you should have no doubt about the excellent value for money offerings at Biyadhoo. Who knows, in the next edition of this guide, the 3-star resort will be featured as the new, unusual, extravagantly luxury resort in the country, and the classic old Biyadhoo will simply disappear. In general, most reviews are positive.
... Paradise, Beach, sea life, green surroundings, sunset, night swimming - spectacular!, Highly recommended, Exceptional, Great stay, very good value all inclusive package, Great place, worth going there!, Superb, Lovely resort, like all of them were in the beginning. Some of the islands are now over developed, Wonderful place with great staff, beach and snorkelling, very good budget resort without luxury but good quality service ,good location, Good for honeymoon, Overall a very pleasant experience, Save fishes&nature of this wonderful island...
Pros: What Guest Love
- Excellent location close to Male airport
- Beautiful laid back island
- Great staff, smiling and helpful.
- Fantastic house reef snorkeling, there are sharks, rays, turtles and colorful reef fish.
- Delicious food selection
- Excellent diving
- Value for money
What You Need to Know
- The resort is located on a private island in South Male Atoll and is 45 minutes by speedboat from Male airport.
- Check-in from 13:00, Check-out before 12:00
- 200$ per person airport transfer sounds a bit overpriced
- All children are welcome.
- The rooms are very dated and need some TLC. Low water pressure in the shower. Lighting in the room really low. Bathrooms definitely requires a revamp, sometimes, it is smelling even.
- Full board does not include drinks during meal times so you have to pay extra for these (apart from breakfast). All Inclusive alcohol drinks are house alcohol
- Limited time for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lack of real fruit juices (not canned) and espresso style (not instant) coffees in the all-inclusive package.
- Only one beer choice available (carlsberg)
- Most of the sunbeds at the beach need proper (and regular) cleaning and some need maintenance.
- Volleyball pitch has stones and tree roots underneath a thin layer of sand - so watch your toes while playing!
- Wifi is very slow. Consider a local sim card (available in airport)
- This island is for couples who enjoy beach life and quiet time.....if you go with your friends you also have to be sea lovers who like sun and beach life and you have to know how to make a fun party of your own.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (01.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 06.03.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Experience fun family vacations in the Maldives with latest hotel deals and special offers!
- Enjoy Fantastic Vacation in Maldives 2021 with Crown & Champa Resorts special offers
- Anantara Kihavah unveils collection of Luxury Private Pool Residences
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives has announced its partnership with Jean-Michel Cousteau
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO hosts Indian Celebrity wedding
- LUX* Maldives Luxury Resorts announces new appointments
- Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with Ministry of Crabs
- 5 Romantic Ways to enjoy Mirihi Island
- 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
- Discover an Unique places to Stay in the Maldives
- Maldives named world’s most Instagrammed tourist location
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More