Cocogiri Island Maldives Resort
Best Experience for: Couples, House Reef Snorkeling, Diving, Activities, Value
Updated June, 2022
Cocogiri Island is a luxurious, newly boutique Maldives resort situated in Vaavu Atoll. Heaven for snorkeling and scuba adventures, Cocogiri Island Resort is opened its shores to guests on 1st December 2020.
With a spectacular surroundings and an outstanding natural beauty, Cocogiri Island Resort features 20 water villas and 20 beach villas on a private island ensuring the upmost tranquillity and seclusion for the guests. Your very own private island escape, the Cocogiri is a perfect setting for relaxation, exploration and rejuvenation.
Whether you choose to relax at resort's swimming pool, snork or swim in the crystal clear blue ocean, sunbathe on our white sand beaches or enjoy the serenity of Cocogiri Spa and wellness centre, the place promises to provide you an one of kind luxurious holiday.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Anantara Maldives - UP to 35% OFF, Anantara’s special offers
- Hard Rock Hotel - Summer Family CAMP-CATION with fun-filled activities for Kids & Teens
- Constance Maldives - UP to 45% OFF, for stays until 29th Sep 2023
- Fushifaru Maldives: 40% discount & Kids STAY & EAT Free! Free Cancellation
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Upon arrival on the island, you will be met by very friendly hotel staff and escorted to the reception. Expect welcome juice, check-in is fast. Enjoy your evenings watching the sunset dining at the beach restaurant with a range of international cuisine made by resort's highly experienced team of chefs, or cool off at the bar.
For more adventurу side, Cocogiri offers the opportunity to scuba dive or snorkel on one the most stunning reefs in the Maldives, and get your adrenaline fix with the resort’s extensive water sports programme. Explore the surrounding islands and immerse yourself in the cultural beauty of the Maldives through daily excursions.
Heaven for adventures and scuba divers, Vaavu is an administrative atoll in the Maldives. Located between South Male Atoll and Meemu Atoll, the Vaavu is also known as the natural Felidhoo Atoll, which includes the ring-shaped Vattaru reef (in the south of the atoll). The capital of Vaavu is Felidhoo island. The Vaavu Atoll collection includes 5 inhabited islands. To get to the islands of Vaavou Atoll you can by ferry or speedboat. A trip from Male takes from 1 hour by speedboat or 3 hours by ferry to the nearest Fulidhoo Island. Read More
The Cocogiri Island Resort is your personal gateway to tropical paradise, only 18 minutes by sea plane or 60 minutes by speed boat from Male International airport. Explore the pristine island paradise, celebrate authentic cuisine and enjoy signature Indian Ocean experiences when you stay at Cocogiri Island Resort.
Cocogiri Island Resort offers a choice of beach and over-water accommodation in 3 categories designed with simplicity to preserve and boast the natural beauty of the Maldives but with the utmost sophistication to indulge the Maldivian style and local architectural designs.
There is nothing better than wake up to the sound of ocean waves and step straight out onto the famous Maldivian sand from Your bedroom. Furnished with a rustic touch to highlight the beauty of the island, Cocogiri' beach villas are designed to give the guests their personal hideaway in paradise with a semi-outdoor bathroom allowing you to feel at one with nature. Beach villas also feature an indoor & outdoor shower alongside a separate bathtub. The double glass doors opens out to your private deck with sun loungers facing the white sands. Enjoy the surroundings of the Indian Ocean and explore the house reef before washing off in the villas' outdoor shower.
Stay in Water Villa is a must when in the Maldives. Be mesmerised by the natural beauty of the ocean as you enjoying endless views shades of blue. The outdoor sundeck is equipped with sun loungers and provide direct access to the crystal-clear water and vibrant house reef. The privacy and exclusivity is unmatched.
Designed for your comfort and relaxation the water villas have an authentic Maldivian finish and feature a bathroom with a shower and separate bathtub with a window overlooking the ocean. The double glass doors opens out to your private deck with sun loungers and a net hammock. To explore colorful marine life all water villas have stairs directly into the reef.
Take your stay to the next level in Deluxe Water Villas feature a private pool jacuzzi overlooking the beautiful lagoon. Once-in-a-lifetime experience Pool Jacuzzi Water villas are the most exclusive room option at Cocogiri Island Resort. The double glass doors open out to your private deck with sun loungers, a net hammock and the pool jacuzzi. It offers a private 9m pool jacuzzi and all the amenities of a water villa. All rooms have direct access to the lagoon for swimming and snorkeling. The villas are on the perfect location to give the full privacy.
To get the most from your island experience and give you those special memories that you’ll never forget, Cocogiri offers guests the option to dine at Azure Lagoona Restaurant or White Sands Bar & Cafe. Enjoy Maldivian, Asian and international favourites, while you watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean.
With beautiful ocean views and expert chefs Azure Lagoona is main and only Cocogiri' restaurant serves a range of interational cuisine and provides breakfast, lunch and dinner in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. The buffet packed a wide range of dishes with live cooking stations and themed evenings. Take your dining experience even further by enjoying the dishes offered on our A La Carte menu. Food experience at Azure Lagoona is all gastronomic occasions where delectable delicacies are produced with only the finest ingredients.
Opened daily from morning to midnight White Sands Bar & Cafe is a perfect spot to start a good day with a delicious coffee or to unwind with your favourite cocktail after a long day sea adventure. After sunset, enjoy the beach bar vibe as it turns more intimate and joyous, a glass of wine pairs well with the evening entertainment such as live music. Food at White Sands is easygoing and family-friendly, with salads, sandwiches and pizzas.
A range of dining options are provided for the guests including: All-Inclusive, Full Board and Half Board. A La Carte Menu's are also available.
Things to Do
The pristine Vaavu Atoll offers some of the most spectacular coral reefs and sandbanks in the Maldives. It's also home to Fotteyo Kandu, the largest unbroken barrier reef in the Maldives stretching over 50 kilometers, making it one of the best places for diving across the globe. Expect to see an array of dolphins, turtles, mantra rays, eagle rays, live coral and whale sharks under PADI Meridis Dive center guide.
House reef is the most exciting part of your stay and snorkelling is what you shouldn't miss in Cocogiri Island Resort. You have live corals in shallow water as well as in deep water. Even non swimmers can snorkel around in shallow water to explore varieties of sea life. Deep waters are more colourful with sea turtles, reef sharks and an abundance of tropical fish are common visitors in the crystal blue waters at Cocogiri. Expect to spot atleast 20 varieties of fishes around house reef.
The resort's watersports team cater for all levels and ensure that guests thoroughly enjoy their experience.
Dolphin watching, sunset cruise, night fishing, island hopping or snorkelling with sharks. Whether you want to relax, explore or get an unique experience, Cocogiri excursions have something for everyone.
Cocogiri Island Resort is perfect for families too. While you enjoy your time by the pool or experience our watersports, your kids can play at Cocogiri Kids Club.
Relax and replenish body and mind at Ameera Spa. Plan a spa-worthy day of pampering on the island to experience tranquility and bliss. Ameera' therapists are experienced in delivering a range of treatments including massage, facial, body wrap, scrubs and various beauty treatments. Start your day with a rejuvenating facial treatment or wind down from a day of activities with our hot stone massage.
Pros: What Guests Love
- a great location of the island
- the island is picturesque. An excellent views all round
- A Boutique resort
- Rooms are new, quite nice, clean and spacious. Silent AC
- With a spacious bath and open air shower Beach Villas have a good privacy
- The food is delicious and varied, including a selection of fruits. Тhe service are friendly and attentive
- house reeef snorkelling
- nurse shark snorkelling excursion
- scuba diving experience is outstanding
- The ambience and atmosphere
- Excellent value for money
- The staff is amazing. A very nicely managed, kind and polite staff, they try and help you in all possible ways they can.
What You Need to Know
- The island is in the Kunaavashi Kandu (a channel) so expect beautiful and soft beaches as well as large prlagic life in abundance with snorkeling and diving options.
- Both a Beach and Water Jacuzzi Pool villas are perfect to stay. Split your stay so that you enjoy sand and snorkeling both.
- Kids play area has good collection.of toys
- There is a good mix of veg and non veg options
- The Ameera spa experience of very relaxing, worth the visit.
- If you are not sure where to snorkel check MERIDIS diving center they will they guide You about the currents and best snorkeling spots
- 'Snorkeling with the Sharks and Turtles' excursion is highly recommended
- Water Villas with Pool Jacuzzi offer the best of both worlds: house reef snorkeling and best sunset views.
- As for water sports: There are pedalo's, kayaks, wind surfs and jet skis on offer
- There is a well equiped gym, table tennis table, foosball and pool table
LiveAboard.com Special Deals
- Horizon 3 - 02 Jul 2023 - from €1,270 - Best of the Central Atolls (Male - Ari - Vaavu - Male)Up to 1400USD off!
- Seafari Explorer 2 - 10 Dec 2023 - €1,806 - Central Atolls (Male - Male)Up to $260 OFF!!
- Emperor Harmoni - 21 Dec 2023 - from €2,646 - Best of Raja Ampat (Sorong - Sorong)Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (30% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More