Dhigufaru Island Resort
Best Experience for: Couples, Family, Beach, Diving
Located in Dhigufaruvinagandu in the protected Reserve Biosphere UNESCO of Baa Atoll, Dhigufaru Island meaning “a long reef”, is the epitome of what you would imagine as an romantic getaway. Boasting a modern 5-star amenities, most desirable comforts and the best views of Baa Atoll, Dhigufaru Island offers the best to enjoy ocean adventures with snorkeling, diving, exursions and much more. For couples and families alike, whether you dream to kick back, relax & take in the magnificent, stunning beauty of the island and surrounding reef, or if you looking for a more action pack, thу resort offers the perfect mix of both.
Surrounded by seemingly untouched environs of the scenic Baa atoll, guests can choose from 40 luxury accommodation options facing the sunset or sunrise, all of which exude an atmosphere of total peace and harmony. Accessible by seaplane or domestic flight from Malé airport, the island's menu of 3 dining options and activities, together with the idyllic surroundings, offers a soothing headspace for city-weary folk. Take advantage of the picturesque Maldivian scenery with morning dips in the sea and visits to the recreation centre, or visit Funa Spa for a rejuvenating treatment. The island is family-friendly too: a house reef perfect for easy snorkelling, an island-inspired kids club that doubles as a learning centre on biodiversity for the little ones, a healthy mix of motorised and non-motorised sports equipment, unspoilt stretches of sand for picnics and a wealth of excursions will help to keep your crew mutiny-free.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Reethi Beach - SUMMER DEAL - 4O% OFF
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival
- Atmosphere Resorts: Book direct and get additional 15% off, FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR test!
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 45% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - 28% OFF with additional benefits
- Mirihi Island: Special Offer - Stay from 1st May 2022 till 31st October and save -25%
- Kuramathi Getaway: All Meals Included. from US$350
- You & Me Maldives: - UP to 35% OFF Basic Deal 2022
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
Blessed by pristine soft sands of this topical paradise, Dhigufaru has some of the best beaches in the country that stretch almost the entire length of the island. What is remarkable each beach has its own name.
On the island's eastern face, is the Boaku, a sheltered beach, shaped like a cove, allowing the formation of a natural pool. The seclusion and stillness of the crystal clear water inside Boaku, makes it perfect setting to catch the sunrise and as well as secure place to let your children swim and play. To protect against erosion, a low wall was built in the lagoon on the island's east side, but it does not interrupt sea views. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Facing right to the west, is Veli, a very wide and expansive flat beach of pure white sand, with crystal clear turquoise water that goes on and on. Most magnificent & stunning backdrop to view the sunset over Indian ocean. The infinity swimming pool, Kakuni water sport center and Thundi pool bar are also located here. The pool is surrounded by comfortable sun loungers with yellow umbrellas and bean bags are scattered everywhere on the beach.
Aanu is the beach rock goes along the northern edge & length of the island, giving the island its unique shape, character, and natural protection.
The resort is located in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Baa Atoll – home to the abundant waters with some of the greatest diving spots in the Maldives such as Hanifaru bay, Dharavandhoo Thila, Nelivaru Haa, Ohgali Haa, Anga Faru and many more. One can come across various endangered species such as Manta rays and whale sharks in these waters while diving or snorkeling.
You have two ways to reach the island from Malé International Airport; either by a seaplane directly to the resort that takes about 40 minutes or by a domestic flight to Dharavandhoo Domestic airport (20 minutes) and then a speedboat ride to the resort that takes about 30 minutes.
Dhigufaru has 40 guest rooms – 30 Beach Villas and 10 Semi-Water Villas. The rooms are located along the perimeter of the island, enabling you to experience the distinctive natural features which makes the island so special. The villas accommodate two adults, with extra cribs and cots available for weary, young travelers. Every air-conditioned guestroom comes complete with a flat screen television, satellite channels, and a private bathroom.
With stunning ocean's vistas and direct access to the beach front from each of the 22 Beach Villa Veli and 8 Beach Villa Boaku, you have the choice of experiencing the serenity and tranquility of the eastern facing Boaku, or the stunning magnificence of the Veli beach. Each Villa has an semi outdoor shower space, and indoor bathroom, and his and her vanity space. The room is decked up with all the modern amenities you will require. Each room leads towards your own veranda enclosed within a private garden with views towards the beach and lagoon.
Provide more privacy, the 10 Semi Water Villas are occupied the island's north shore, so don't expect much sun on your deck. Perfectly placed to catch a magnificent views of the horizon, the semi-water villas allows you to have direct access to the Dhigufaru lagoon from the Aanu Sandrock, from your own expansive private sun deck. The rooms have a big bathroom, outdoor sun loungers and a shower under the blue sky.
Restaurants and Bars
There are variety of Dining options, with 3 designated dining spaces, with its own distinctive setting and vibe to choose from depending, on your mood and time of day. Designed with charm and simplicity, the space itself serves as an example of dining experience, as well as the style of cuisine offered in the main buffet Dhandifulhu restaurant. With panoramic ocean views, this eatery serves a delicious meal from every corner of the world, including Maldivian cuisine, which together combine rich tastes and traditional entertainment. The restaurant also has its own bar with access to a large selection of drinks for your convenience. Athiri is a Japanese restaurant that specializes in grill and seafood. With the best ocean views, this is the perfect place for socializing and relaxing with access to a large selection of the best wines from around the world.
Holhuashi Pavilion is set on the jetty, and this is one of the first architectural sites that you see when you arrive on the island. The perfect hangout to quench your thirst between meals, with ice cream or fresh juice with fresh pastries. Relax by the pool or enjoy the view from the inside of the three separate lounge huts surrounding the Thundi Pool Bar. The Bageecha Pool is the perfect place to exchange views on a romantic sunset, with easy access to the beach, as well as plenty of entertainment. The Thundi Bar has a separate kitchen where you can order snacks and bistro food, as well as an extensive selection of exotic cocktails. Half and full board as well as all inclusive meal plans on offer.
Full of fun activity, Baraveli Kids Club is more than a creche, but also a place where kids can get more acquainted with the island, by learning about its diverse natural features, as well as the unique flora and fauna of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve at Baa Atoll.
The resort's dedicated team of Child care and personnels will keep your children interested and occupied throughout their stay, with diverse programs suited for different age groups. It has its own library space with variety of toys and books, as well as a safe indoor playground area including a specially designed swimming pool just for children.
Things to Do
Dhigufaru Island is a home to Fulhangi Dive School PADI that's offering certified dive courses and fun dive trips to suite professional as well as first time dive enthusiasts. Located in the only UNESCO Marine Biosphere in the Maldives, means the area is acclaimed for its world class dive sites, giving you the opportunity to come into close proximity to the unique and abundant marine life Maldives is well known for. At the heart of the Biosphere is Hanifaru Bay, only a short boat ride from Dhigufaru. Between May and November, every year, during the Southwest monsoon, on certain days the moon's phases massively increase plankton in the bay. Such a high plankton concentration attracts hundreds of "filterers" in Hanifarг Bay and do not be surprised to see here up to 200 Manta Raus accompanied by a dozen whale sharks. In short, snorkelling with the Manta Rays for an amazing experience is must do!
The Water sports center is fully equipped with the latest and widest range of water based activities, from kite surfing, tube ridding, water skying and windsurfing, to more leisurely activities including canoeing, glass bottom boat rides, and snorkelling. The huge reef which provides a natural protection from currents, combined with shallow waters and light winds gives you the perfect setting for variety of water sports. From excursions expect fishing (night, big game and traditional), island hopping, local island visits, picnics on sand banks, watching dolphins and other sea adventures.
Funa Spa offers beauty services, as well as health and healing treatments, including Thai massage in a complex of 241 sq.m. The treatment rooms are private cabanas, placed at the back of the main spa compound, enclosed within a garden, allowing your to have full privacy and tranquility to help you immerse yourself into complete relaxation. The fitness center is set over the water, with easy access through a special wooden path from pool bar. With a breathtaking sea views this is the ideal spot to start the day with your usual workout at the gym or end the day at the specialized karaoke room.
With mostly positive reviews, the Dhigufaru Island Resort proves itself to be a worthy opponent to any resort that dares to be better. With words like ‘wonderful', ‘perfect', ‘paradise' and more, it's easy to see that this resort is loved by its guests. In fact, several guests state that they would love to return for another visit down the road, and it seems that many will
“The Best Ever !!!!!”, “mixed feelings”, “Even better than in the pictures”, “Fabulous!!!”, “home away from home, “Mesmerizing resort”, “Magnificent unforgettable week on this Idyllic paradise island,” “Relaxing paradise.”, “One of the best service ever”, “Lovely, but way expensive. Pay extra for everything. Watch your wallet shrink.”
Why stay here? What Guests Love
- The stunning island
- Staff is thoughtful, kind, welcoming and professional
- Modern, clean, huge, well equipped and maintained rooms
- Fantastic beaches
- Food at the restaurants is delisious with excellent and quick service.
- Wonderful Kid's club
- Water activities
- Snorkling with manta rays and whale shark
- A good Spa
What You Need to Know
- Dhigufaru Island Resort is located in the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Atoll Baa, the best destination in the Maldives for diving and snorkeling with mantas;
- Check-out at 12 o'clock Check-in at 2 pm;
- Domestic flights may require a long waiting period compared to the sea plane.
- All children are welcome.
- Slow wifi
- All-inclusive does not include everything
- Domestic flights may require a long waiting period compared to the sea plane.
- A Green Tax of USD 6 per person, per night, is payable at the resort. This helps to fund conservation projects in the Maldives and is applicable across the region.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Blue Voyager - 22 Oct 2022 - from €1,938.00 - Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) - 10% OFF
- Emperor Virgo - 28 Aug 2022 - from €1,545.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - €200 OFF! Rates include discounts
- Princess Sara - 06 Aug 2022 - from €1,278.00 - Best of Central Atolls (Male - Male) - 10% OFF
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More