Diamonds Thudufushi - All Inclusive
Best Experience: Water Villas, Family, All Inclusive
With chic and white water villas, Diamonds Thudufushi is the twin island to Athuruga in terms of resort design, number of rooms and island size and geography. Small and picturesque, Thudufushi offers a naturally unspoilt and wonderfully informal island hideaway perfect for diving and watersports. Expect welcoming staff and a lovely casual atmosphere here, and also excellent dining options and some of the best snorkeling in the archipelago. The resort is a 35-minute seaplane jorney from Male airport.
Both are brilliant resorts with an invincible formula developed over 25 years of their existence. All guests are on the same generous All Inclusive package. Some all-inclusive resorts in the Maldives offer a meal plan, like eating 3 times a day and a few typical drinks. Not in Diamonds Thudufushi; here you will find this scheme really (almost good) complex. Outside of food, snacks, and drinks, Thudufushi guests also receive a free wifi at the reception (Internet is also free in Water Villas), free use of non-motorized water sports like canoe or windsurfing, a free snorkelling tour around the island, an excursion to the local fishing island , snorkelling equipment for personal use, and daily entertainment for children
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Select Huduran Fushi: Save up to 35%, Bookable till 31 Jan 2021; Stay from 1st March till Oct 2021
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Less private and more open for socialization, Thudufushi on a slightly larger island than the Athuruga. The beach here is smaller, with less space for relaxation, especially during the high tide. However, in Thudufushi there are three things that the Athuruga lacks: Junior Suite rooms, a gym (albeit small), and a speedboat. Disadvantages in a well-organized and efficient vessel include: strictly fixed meal times for bars and restaurants, assigned to each guest's tables depending on the category of accommodation, and twice a week the island's territory is subjected to chemical fumigation from mosquitoes. Nevertheless, the atmosphere on the island is light and cheerful with a high concentration of Italian guests and couples. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Built in 1990, and Italian-owned Diamonds Thudufushi does an impressive job to hide his age. Like its sister property, it has a simple (but upscale) completely white decor and, although perhaps the TV lounge needs a little update, the overall look is very well maintained.
Although the resort does not have a Children's Club, and there are only a few concessions for children, this is a clearly good place for a family vacation. All the staff are helpful, and all the guests are friendly and at ease. There is no expression of disapproval, no one frowns, but rather smiles and supports to join. Because the island is small, the buildings are simply located, the staff are sympathetic and diligent (and everywhere there is sand), small children can wander all over the island barefoot all day. For teens there are canoes, windsurfing and laser, or billiards, table tennis and darts (free food and drinks all day).
The resort has recently had a makeover but coral walls still feature throughout. The re-designed water villas have an airy and uplifting feel. Located in the central pavilion area just off the lobby you'll find most of the resort's extra features, like a medical clinic, dive shop, gym, and large souvenir boutique. There's also a non-atmospheric TV room with a flat-screen TV (and limited channels), internet station, Wii, couches, and lending library. The tiny fitnss room will disappoint most gym rats with its tiny dimensions and limited features -- just a singular treadmill, well-used yoga mat, free weights, and two machines. Next door there's a breezy game room with foosball and a smaller-than-regulation pool table.
Whereas once they were almost entirely Italian, they are now open to all-comers, although the clientele is still mostly European. Thudufushi retains a higher percentage of Italian guests and still delights in an easy club style of resort life. The many European staff members and Italiananimators are incredibly friendly, making each day relaxed, enjoyable and fun from morning cappuccino to the last dance at night.
Thudufuhsi is located on a small private island in South Ari Atoll, and has a large lagoon with a vibrant house reef. The island’s location on the outer edge of the atoll means that there’s access to deeper ocean and larger marine creatures. Thudufuhsi is 30 minutes by seaplane from Male airport, and 15 kilometers south of Athuruga.
Islands inside large atolls often have the picture perfect geography of a close reef wrapped around a wide beach that in turn wraps around a small, circular island with tall palm in the middle. Both Thudufushi and Athuruga are like this, except for the fact that the reef extends out in a bulge on one side. This means you can't snorkel all the way around but the bulge does provide an ideal space for sailing the laser, windsurfing and having a go at waterskiing or a raucous banana boat ride.
Diamonds Thudufushi is an island that really takes your breath away. When you arrive off the seaplane it feels like you have landed in paradise; the sea is bright turquoise against the powder white sand and bright white contemporary water villas. As at Athuruga, the beautiful five-star Water Villas are stylish white residences, and here they have an open wooden deck built on stilts over the water. The water villas offer something very different to other islands as they are Italian in design and very private and spread out from the surrounding villas – perfect for a tranquil oasis of calm or a dream honeymoon!
With custom-made rattan furniture, hand-made parquet floors, contemporary Italian lighting and benefits including iMacs and free Wi-Fi, these villas have a real 'wow' factor. Here you’ll also be able to choose between sunset or sunrise views and to snorkel with a turtles in their natural habitat around the reef – something you will never forget.Water Villa guests have access to their own restaurant, Thari, with a modern European and Asian fusion à la carte menu.
All 72 Thudufushi's rooms have beautiful, unprocessed wooden floors, simple white furniture, and double beds. Standard rooms are equipped with a minibar, tea / coffee making facilities, life jackets, a hairdryer, iPod dock station, umbrellas and a private outdoor seating area with ocean views. In some rooms the floors are made like a parquet and modern, in the form of tortoise shell, lampshades. All bathrooms have bidets, bathrobes, rain showerheads, and organic Ayurvedic toilettes products, but surprisingly without air conditioning or a cosmetic mirror.
Beach bungalows are scattered right on the beach. This arrangement significantly reduces privacy, but you have creamy white sand and "sapphire" lagoon views on your doorstep just a few meters from the room. For private life, we recommend taking water villas.
Beach Bungalows and Junior Suites have fully outdoor bathrooms with bowl sinks and stylishly rustic privacy walls made from rough coral stones and cement. These rooms also have their own personal beachfront decks with contemporary furniture and sets of loungers in the sand. Upgrading to a Water Villa gets you a la carte dining, direct access to the sea via a ladder on the deck, alcohol in the minibar , and a personal iMac computers but you lose the outdoor shower and sand at your door that other rooms have; some Water Villas also have whirlpool tubs . The property's four Water Villa Suites are paired off into separated units that share an infinity pool and large deck with personal couches and loungers.
Exclusive Spa Beach Bungalow includes the benefit of 1 spa treatment per room per day included at the Serena Spa (from a choice of: serenity full body aromatherapy massage, anti-stress head, neck & shoulder massage, aromatherapy back massage, padabhyanga foot & leg massage and sports massage).
Restaurants and Bars
The food is excellent. The emphasis is on Italian dishes, with a daily pizza, pasta and grill stations, but the main buffet is changed every day to reflect the national cuisine and satisfy the tastes of all guests. Eastern nights, by the way, are not the most convincing. However, the Maldivian night is an unforgettable part of the culinary adventure: at Farivalhu restaurant a table and chairs all covered with white tablecloths, under palm trees and lit by flashlights, and waiters in a full traditional dress and guests in sarongs. Tidbits and delicious snacks can be put on the tooth during the day at the main and beach bars.
Dining options include the buffet-style restaurant, Maakanaa, plus an intimate Thila Japanese restaurant with a teppanyaki grill and a cultural Maldivian corner, where two guests at a time can prepare traditional dishes with the chef and then dine under the palms of the tropical garden. From January to April, the resort also hosts the ‘Dining with the Stars’ experience, featuring a different chef each week from the renowned Jeunes Restaurateurs d’Europe who will host a cooking lesson and gala dinner.
The main dining venue for Water Villa guests is Aqua – the overwater restaurant which features a modern European and Asian fusion à la carte menu and is perfectly situated for sunset cocktails. The restaurant is open to Water Villa guests, but those staying in Beach Bungalows have to make reservations beforehand for an extra charge.
Outside of the bar service inside the resort's two restaurants, Thudufushi has another main bar. Veli – a beach bar serving up light bites and tropical cocktails is in an open beautiful palapa, near the sea; in a smooth modern style, a completely white bar with stools on one side, and several black and white couches. A casual, simple, and elegant place gives views of the beach and the sea horizon and is open from morning until late evening. The list of drinks of the bar offers a good selection of cocktails, moktails, hot teas, and international wines and spirits. Bridal booze and premium wines go for an extral fee, although the all-inclusive plan includes a great drinks, international wines to choose from, and Lion draft beer from Sri Lanka.
For a romantic dinner on the beach, Faru offers freshly caught seafood and fresh lobster under the moonlight. As part of the Maldives night, there is quite an impressive show of Bodu Beru, which attracts a significant part of the audience, with a tide of fun and laughter.
Every evening there must be something, in a small theater between the main bar and the restaurant. But this is mild animation, including evening films, quiz nights, karaoke and astronomy. For those who want a hotter night, they usually dance on the night after the animation ends. And the bar remains open until the last guest.
For such an island, the beach is not very beautiful. Although there is a wide strip of sand in front of beach bungalows and junior suites, the public beach is more stripped. Located between the arrival dock and the long water villas jetty, the soft sands accommodate just a few wide white wicker chaise lounges and a volleyball net. As on many islands, the tide comes with the sun, and the beach decreases.
All Inclusive Plan - What's Included
Beach Bungalow and Junior Suite guests :
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main buffet restaurant, Maakanaa
• Selected drinks including wine, beer, cocktails and soft drinks (excludes premium brands)
• Welcome cocktail
• Snacks at the beach bar
• Minibar refilled daily (beer, soft drinks and mineral water)
• In-room espresso machine with tea and coffee capsules
• Selected watersports
• Fisherman's Island excursion organised once per week (every Saturday)
• 1 ‘Dining with the Stars' cooking lesson (Jan-Apr only, must be booked in advance locally) • Wi-Fi in the lobby area and Junior Suites
Water Villa guests – As per Beach Bungalow guests plus:
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the overwater restaurant, Aqua
• 1 ‘Dining with the Stars' cooking lesson and five-course gala dinner (Jan-Apr only, must be booked in advance locally)
• Selected sparkling wine menu
• Mini fridge refilled daily (wine, beer, soft drinks, and mineral water)
• Wi-Fi in the Water Villas.
NB – Beach Bungalow guests can dine at the overwater restaurant, Aqua, and ‘Dining with the Stars' gala dinner at a supplement.
In general, snorkeling in Thudufushi is considered one of the best in the country. There are sandy areas and some broken coral gardens, but also some really outstanding places with rich coral growth and a euphoric clash with fish schools. The region on the edge of the island, where the reef rests on water villas, opens your eyes a delightful coral garden, with a diverse marine life, from solitary octopuses to chaotic schools of hungry parrot fish in clouds of sand and coral. Everywhere under the water, around the island, you can encounter with slopes eagles, turtles, sharks, napoleons and flocks of snapper, blue-strips fusiliers and many other pretty sea creatures
Things to Do
Like most resorts in the Maldives, life at the Thudufushi is slow and dreamy — as it should be. Diving is one of the most popular activities here. The island's location on the outer edge of the atoll means that there's access to deeper ocean and larger marine creatures. There's a great area for waterskiing and windsurfing, a large lagoon and house reef, and an impressive marine biology programme includes coral regeneration. Otherwise, the only reason to leave the resort is to visit the nearest island to glimpse Maldivian daily life, a trip that’s optional and included in your stay.
The beachfront watersports center has all the usual activities and gear from snorkeling to canoeing, plus a few extras like wakeboarding. Some of the more unique features include an on-site tailor and a dedicated Fishing Club that gives guests opportunities to cast a line, be it deep-sea or during sunset. For those who want to cash in on relaxation, there’s a garden-set Serene Spa with rustic vibe and Ayurvedic treatments where you’ll find thatched doors, open-air hut treatment rooms with large but basic showers, and small nail care room with an open fourth wall.
Reviews of the Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas are excellent, with guests being particularly impressed by the huge rooms and the giant beds and luxurious bedding. The attentive staff also get very high marks from nearly everyone, with each room assigned a room boy to make sure everything is stocked up properly. The food receives high marks as well, which isn't true at all all-inclusive resorts where everything is one price. The location and the house reef are also well regarded and any problems reported are generally minor and dealt with swiftly. All in all, this seems to be a great resort option that will allow for both relaxation and sea adventures.
... Our ideas of this place have been greatly overtaken. The place is absolutely exceptional and wonderful. I think that everyone can find a beautiful place to relax or spend vacation more active for example snorkeling (snorkeling on this island is unforgettable). The cleanliness of the sea, the accommodation and the island was high. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was mostly from Italian, Sri Lankan and Maldives cuisine and everything was also delicious. We highly recommend this hotel. We spent a total of 6 nights with a total of 9 family members...
Why stay here? What Guests Love
- Beautiful, spacious and clean water villas with stunning ocean views. Free Wi-Fi in the water villas
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Delicious and varied food in both restaurants. A great Buffet breakfasts
- Impressive house reef snorkeling. Free snorkelling gear
- Marine life and corals. Sharks, rays and turtles on the reef
- A wonderful diving center
- Playroom for children
- Free daily activities including pilates and yoga on the beach, and non-motorized water sports
- Night life
What You Need to Know
- Diamonds Thudufushi is located on a private island in Ari Atoll and is 30 minutes by seaplane from Male airport
- Check out at 12:00 but flexible The earliest check-in time is 14:00.
- Public beach area is small with only a handful of large wicker loungers
- Short and set dining times with assigned tables
- Fee for a la carte dining if you are not staying in a Water Villa
- No TV and limited cell service
- No conditioner or makeup mirrors in bathrooms
- Scheduled sprayings to deal with mosquitos
- No swimming pool
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (18.01.21) in Maldives
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Carpe Novo - 13 Feb 2021 - from €1,362.00 - Addu - Foammulah - Huvadhoo (Gan - Kooddoo) - Save up to $800 OFF on junior and standard cabins.
- Princess Sara - 13 Mar 2021 - from €1,331.00 - Classic Route - Early Bird Special! (25% OFF)
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 21.01.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Soneva Jani: Welcome to the Chapter Two
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa appoints Nikolaus A Priesnitz as GM
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives gets 2021 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award
- Amazing activities in the great outdoors of Lily Beach
- Unforgettable Experiences complimented by Exclusive Hospitality in the Maldives: Waldorf Astoria launches Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa To Debut In September 2021
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi kick start in 2021 with Special Offer
- Maldives Padel Tennis Opens at Kudadoo Private Island and Hurawalhi
- The Nautilus Maldives launches Full Moon Crystal Singing Bowl meditation
- Wreck Diving in Addu atoll
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- 10 Things to consider when Booking a Hotel in the Maldives
- 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Honeymoon in Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More