Freediving in The Maldives
Maldives Scuba Diving Guide
While on holiday in the Maldives, where sights under the sea level compete with picturesque beaches on land, snorkeling is absolutely something that should not be missed. Turtles, rays, sharks, moray eels and schools of brightly colored fish are waiting to be discovered on the reefs and in the lagoon surrounding the island.
Snorkeling tends to look at the underwater world from above, but snorkeling should not stop at the surface ... those who want to get a little closer to marine life and swim among fish will probably prefer to dive - the temptation to be part of the kaleidoscopic world is difficult to resist. Diving below the sea level is a natural progression for a curious snorkeler, this is where the game of freediving begins.
LiveAboard.com Hot Deals this week in Maldives
- Scubaspa Ying - 10 Oct 2020 - from €1,047.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.
- Sachika - 17 Oct 2020 - from €1,098.00 - Best of Central Atolls: North Male, South Male, Felidhoo, Ari - %22 off
- Sheena - 18 Oct 2020 - from €1,302.00 - Best of Male and Ari Atoll (Male-Male) - Promo valid for New Bookings only. No Single Supplement for Single Travellers. - %30 off
- Ocean Sapphire - 07 Nov 2020 - from €1,272.00 - Best of Central Atolls: North Male, South Male, Felidhoo, Ari - %15 off
- Blue Force One - 05 Dec 2020 - from €1,685.00 - Central Atolls Classical Route - Single Cabin Offer - Single supplement reduced to 50% for a private double cabin! Plus 50% off a second consecutive week
Introduction to Freediving (Apnea)
What to expect? Diving center instructors teach guests who want to learn basic freediving skills, techniques, safety tips and skills necessary to enjoy the dive further below the ocean's surface. Free diving, also known as apnea or breath-holding diving, is something that any snorkeler can do. This session is not a course, just an introduction to the world of freediving.
Where is this going? Guests practice these tips and tricks first in shallow parts of the lagoon, and then further bring their skills to deeper places. Students are usually amazed at what they can accomplish by spending just one training session with friendly snorkeling instructors.
What is the use? Freediving allows guests to get closer to marine life, which is especially good for photos and more carefully explore reefs. Snorkeling fans who want to get closer to fish and other marine life and want to swim among fish, rather than watch from above, will love the freedom that freediving gives them. Despite the fact that the underwater world amazes the views of snorkelers on the surface, it is especially impressive when viewed as fish.
The introduction to free diving costs $ 50 and lasts about 1.5 hours, during which guests will have the skills to lift their snorkeling to another level.
Whether you are a seasoned snorkeler or a novice, the friendly and helpful underwater guides at Prodivers will always be happy to show guests the hidden sights of the Maldives, from the ocean's surface or during freediving. Free diving lessons are available at hotels such as: Kuredu, Komandoo, Hurawalhi, Lily Beach and Vakarufalhi.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 16.09.2020
- Seaside Finolhu Ready to Open Following Exciting Transformation
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Emperor Maldives starts 'Lucky Trip' offer with guaranteed liveaboard spot
- Soneva launches Virtual Wine Tasting
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives joins to the world’s best travel advisors, Virtuoso
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives features new butler concept
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Sheraton Maldives reopens 1st October with enhanced Сleanliness and Hygiene precautions
- Huvafen Fushi became a member the Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- The Nautilus Maldives Special Offers, packages for everyone
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi appoints Ricardo Leal as General Manager
- Top 10 Things to Do at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 10 Most Amazing Places for Travel Photo in Maldives
- 10 Reasons You Should Add Waldorf Astoria Maldives to Your 2021 Bucket List
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guest Houses to Reopen from 15 October
- 10 Reasons Why We Love Diving Safari in The Maldives
- Kandima Maldives Announces the ‘Bring It On’ before re-opening 1st September
- Safaris in the Maldives Allowed to Restart Operations
- Soneva Fushi Opens New One - and Two-bedroom Over-Water Villas
- Experience The Ultimate All-Inclusive Holiday at Emerald Maldives
- The Best Local Islands for Budget Family Holiday
- Create the Perfect Holiday Itinerary Before You Travel to Kuredu Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More