Freediving in The Maldives
Maldives Scuba Diving Guide
While on holiday in the Maldives, where sights under the sea level compete with picturesque beaches on land, snorkeling is absolutely something that should not be missed. Turtles, rays, sharks, moray eels and schools of brightly colored fish are waiting to be discovered on the reefs and in the lagoon surrounding the island.
Snorkeling tends to look at the underwater world from above, but snorkeling should not stop at the surface ... those who want to get a little closer to marine life and swim among fish will probably prefer to dive - the temptation to be part of the kaleidoscopic world is difficult to resist. Diving below the sea level is a natural progression for a curious snorkeler, this is where the game of freediving begins.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Horizon 3 - 05 Sep 2021 - from €965.00 - Best of the Central Atolls (Male-Male) - Summer Special! Plus FREE Nitrox. Valid until April 30, 2021. 50% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 15 Aug 2021 - from €3,008.00 - Best of Maldives - Meemu (Male-Male) - $700 OFF - Rates include discounts!
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 11 Dec 2021 - from €1,469.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €330 OFF! Rates include discount.
Introduction to Freediving (Apnea)
What to expect? Diving center instructors teach guests who want to learn basic freediving skills, techniques, safety tips and skills necessary to enjoy the dive further below the ocean's surface. Free diving, also known as apnea or breath-holding diving, is something that any snorkeler can do. This session is not a course, just an introduction to the world of freediving.
Where is this going? Guests practice these tips and tricks first in shallow parts of the lagoon, and then further bring their skills to deeper places. Students are usually amazed at what they can accomplish by spending just one training session with friendly snorkeling instructors.
What is the use? Freediving allows guests to get closer to marine life, which is especially good for photos and more carefully explore reefs. Snorkeling fans who want to get closer to fish and other marine life and want to swim among fish, rather than watch from above, will love the freedom that freediving gives them. Despite the fact that the underwater world amazes the views of snorkelers on the surface, it is especially impressive when viewed as fish.
The introduction to free diving costs $ 50 and lasts about 1.5 hours, during which guests will have the skills to lift their snorkeling to another level.
Whether you are a seasoned snorkeler or a novice, the friendly and helpful underwater guides at Prodivers will always be happy to show guests the hidden sights of the Maldives, from the ocean's surface or during freediving. Free diving lessons are available at hotels such as: Kuredu, Komandoo, Hurawalhi, Lily Beach and Vakarufalhi.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 May 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits; Book till April 30 for stays until Sep 30
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1064.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Anantara Hotels: Sun Kissed Sri Lankan Escapes offer with 40% savings
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 17.04.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- The Maldives allows Covid Passports
- Lindsay Lohan enjoys vacation at W Maldives
- Qatar Airways and JetBlue Expand Strategic Partnership
- Soneva launches Academy for Children
- Mohammad Shami has a vacation at Kandima Maldives before new cricketing season
- Milaidhoo Maldives has announced a special offer for upcoming Eid al-Fitr holidays
- Rediscover the Maldives with Centara
- Shraddha Kapoor is back to Maldives, now at Baros
- Surbhi Jyoti shares vacation photos and videos from The Standard getaway in Maldives
- Enjoy Maldives Adventure holidays with island resort special offers
- Maldives Cheap Scuba Diving Holidays: 10 Best Hotels for divers on a budget
- Book in advance and enjoy discount off the best rates
- Enjoy Ramadan Escape at Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More