Best Experience: Couples, Beaches, Diving
Updated November, 2019
Faarufushi Maldives is the brand new resort by leading local resort operator Universal Resorts. Designed for the discerning travellers the 5-star resort is located in a pristine part of Raa Atoll, Faarufushi Maldives is a scenic 50 minute seaplane ride away from Velana International Airport.
The Faarufushi opened it's door on March 2019 with 10 Beach Bungalows, 37 Beach Retreats with Pool and 39 sleek Ocean Retreat with Pool stilted over the azure lagoon of Faarufushi. The three Ocean Suite with Pool & the Island Residence with Pool offers guests the ultimate sanctuary with an expansive infinity pool overlooking at its very own stretch of the Indian Ocean.
In an archipelago of 1,200 islands and more than 100 registered resorts, Faarufushi stands out for its distinct, minimalist architecture, authentic cultural experiences, genuinely indulgent flourishes and meticulously refined service that defies pretence. Everything that you would expect from a luxury Maldivian holiday – turquoise lagoon, white sand beaches, discreet service and the sleek overwater villas - is here; and more.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Faarufushi is an island owned and developed by Faarufushi Investment Pvt Ltd and managed by Universal Resorts Management Pvt Ltd. Universal Resorts is a pioneering establishment that has led the development of the travel and tourism industry in the Maldives for over 46 years, playing a key part in the transformation of the country from an island nation to one of the most sought-after travel destinations in the world. The group now operates one of the largest resort collections in the country, including iconic properties such as Kurumba Maldives, Velassaru Maldives, Kuramathi Maldives, Baros Maldives, Kandolhu Maldives, Dhigali Maldives, Maafushivaru, and Milaidhoo Island Maldives.
From the point you land in Male, the resort's representatives are already there waiting for you, assisting with luggage and taking you to your domestic flight that’ll help you reach the island. The gentlemen which operate the speed boat (10min to reach island) are extremely sweet and helpful. Upon arrival on the island you'll be welcomed by the friendly faces of management and escorted to the reception in a buggy to get a breakdown of the resort set up, what to expect and a Refreshing welcome drink!
This island is so remote and secluded that you'll rarely spot more than two, maybe three groups of people at morning breakfast. You will absolutely love the seclusion, privacy, and the feeling of having the entire island to yourselves. There is a genuine feeling of peace and tranquility on the entire resort. It’s really difficult to describe. You can walk around the island in about 15 minutes. At night, the entire ambience of the ocean and the restaurants literally steps away from the ocean, pool, and villas are truly magical and something only to be experienced and realized first-hand.
Whether you’re staying beach-side or over the lagoon, your personal piece of Faarufushi Maldives is light and contemporary. Natural timber and floor-to-ceiling windows create a restful space that feels open, yet private. Besides the beauty of the nature, the architecture of the villas, the restaurants and of the Spa are really impressive and it looks like Maldivian style meets minimalism. When you’ve settled in, search out the delights dotted around Faarufushi. Dip into the infinity pool, find your way to Nika Spa – its couple’s treatment cabins are tucked away among the treetops – then wander out to Eclipse, to dine on modern European cuisine with an Asian Twist.
When you’re ready to take the action up a notch, make for Athiri. This fitness, food and marine centre is the place to set off on an extensive range of watersports options, including guided snorkelling adventures at the resorts vibrant coral reef. Or, just beyond the lagoon you’ll find Lonu PADI dive centre, ready to unveil a whole new underwater world. At Faarafushi Maldives, there’s always more to discover beneath the surface.
But by far the best part of your stay is the service. The team of Faarufushi is the most important value of this new resort. Everyone is putting is heart to fulfill all guests wishes, every time with a big smile. Everyone working there genuinely wants you to enjoy yourself and they will go above and beyond for you.
Getting to the Raa Atoll is a breeze. The resort is just a scenic 50 minutes journey by seaplane, or take a 40 minutes connecting flight from Malé to Ifuru Airport. From there, it only takes 10 minutes to reach Faarufushi. The resort's team have set up arrival and departure lounges to make things more comfortable. And as always, the staff are there at every step. Taking such good care of you that you’ll hardly even notice they’re there.
Bungalows and Retreats
The villas are indulgently understated: Sleek, modern, deliciously relaxing. Perched either on the white-sand beach or hanging over the water, they are carefully curated havens.
Both beach and over-water villas are special in their own ways and it’s hard to say which one is better. It’s highly recommended to do both. Both room types are open-air with twin windows that open 130 degrees so you can play tropical island music from your phone on the provided Bose Bluetooth system. It’s loud enough to hear outside but not to the adjacent villas.
Thoughtful luxuries abound; from espresso machines to wine chillers to generous wardrobes. Seventy of the villas have their own private plunge pool overlooking the ocean. Also, shower pressure in both inside and outside showers is strong and hot.
Beach Retreats and Bungalows feature the front-row access to Faarufushi’s white-sand beach. Wide-angle views stretching to the horizon. Vaulted ceilings, minimalist décor and floor-to-ceiling windows keep that view front-and-centre every morning. Final flourish: a private plunge pool between your front door and the sea. Drink in the view whilst sipping on a cocktail on your own private deck, adorned with sun loungers and day beds. The beach bungalows even have a private outdoor rainforest-inspired shower and bath tub
Ocean Suites with pool are set at the far tip of the jetty and with direct lagoon access; there are only a few of these overwater refuges. Expansive wood floors; adjoining deck with a private infinity pool. Wide views over turquoise seas. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
ISLAND RESIDENCE WITH POOL built on a prime location on the island’s northwest shore. Right where the greenery meets the sand. A singular residence with direct beach access, vaulted timber ceilings, and expansive windows. Fronted by private infinity pool with a sleek edge that vanishes into the horizon.
Restaurants and Bars
When hunger strikes, there is a plethora of choice for any palate at Faarufushi. Indulgent dining choices will be offered in a modern environment with a full view of the horizon whilst focusing on the highest quality of ingredients in three restaurants and two bars. All restaurants are very good, all of them, breakfast menu is served in your table with everything you can imagine to have in the morning, fresh juices, warm bakery basket, croissants, bread, fruit platter, eggs in all ways, even the Swiss Bircher Müsli is excellent. Amazing service!
At the reef’s edge is Boli, with seating open to the sky, offering a guaranteed sunset view throughout the year, complemented with the finest wines, carefully crafted cocktails and music.
Athiri: For a more unusual experience, head to Athiri, Faarufushi’s casual beachside gathering place. Athiri’s centre piece is the collection of dining options serving tapas, teppanyaki & more, under one roof. Here you will find the island’s water sports centre, marine/eco centre as well as a gym overlooking the beach and the ocean. Serving Spanish and Mediterranean favourites, this is the place to give your taste buds a workout whilst you contemplate the sporting facilities.
Iru is the all-day dining restaurant located next to Sangu Bar, overlooking the infinity pool of the resort, presenting unlimited views of the sea. Iru offers alfresco dining under wide Maldivian skies: A boundless buffet for breakfast, indulgent a la carte options and unadulterated ocean views from sunset to sunrise.
The crescent shaped overwater signature restaurant, Eclipse offers an immersive gourmet experience and a non-obstructed panoramic view. Facing Faarufushi’s languid lagoon, Eclipse serves modern European dishes with an Asian twist. Try the artichoke soup or the special fresh lobster pasta, amazingly cooked by Chef Dharmapriya, who knows exactly what he does in the kitchen, after many many years of experience. Every dish is full of taste and freshness. Focusing on fine ingredients and even finer dining, thу restaurant is the place to unwind after a strenuous day on the beach.
Sangu: Pre-dinner drinks are almost compulsory at Sangu, the bar next door, where chill-out tunes and endless sea views will have you melting into your holiday in no time.
Activities and Pampering
Faarufushi’s fully-equipped water sports centre at Athiri is the place to go when you need a break from relaxation. Paddleboard around the island, go snorkelling, spend the day island hopping, learn to surf, have a private picnic on a deserted island, go wake boarding, water skiing or deep sea fishing. You can literally sail into the sunset at Faarufushi — although you will want to return.
For the even more adventurous, there is a world class PADI dive centre. The resident marine biologist can talk you through the incredible sea life that calls the Raa atoll home. Discover turtles, spotted eagle rays, napoleon, sharks and schools of colourful tropical fish.
The island’s spa experiences have been crafted to ease you into your holiday. Relaxing and invigorating, transcendent and grounding, the treatments on offer are truly world-class.
The Nika Spa’s contemporary architecture stands out for the way it blends into the natural surroundings. Facilities include massage huts, a steam room, relaxation areas, a yoga pavilion and manicure and pedicure stations. Come here to escape your mind and give your body the break it deserves.
'First time in Maldives and the experience could not have been better! Faarufushi is a discovery! beautiful island ideal for relaxing and relaxing...first class accommodation, cuisine to the very best possible standards. Difficult to highlight any detail as everything was great. '
'Faarufushi is a really elegant and luxurious resort with so much calmness, accommodating villas with a very modern design and with all the commodities, excellent restaurants with high cuisine, crystal-clear sea and a truly incredible spa. I can’t wait to be back in this Maldivian paradise!'
Pros: What Guests Love
- Excellent welcoming
- The beauty of the island
- No mosquitoes
- WiFi is perfect
- The staff is incredibly friendly, caring and helpful
- The rooms are very spacious and the beds are beyond comfortable
- The selection of food is impressive. Food is fresh and top quality
- Exclusive spa at the heart of the island
- Complimentary yoga sessions on the beach
- The gym with amazing views and very well equipment
- Dive and watersports centres
- snorkelling is amazing
- An extensive cocktail and alcohol menu
Things to Know before You Go
- Seaplane transfer takes 50 minutes from Male International Airport. The return rates are: Adult: USD 652, round trip, inclusive of all taxes; Domestic Flight transfer takes 40 minutes from Male International Airport followed by a 10-minute speedboat transfer from Ifuru Airport to the resort. Adult: USD 405, round trip, inclusive of all taxes.
- Check-in from 14:00; Check-out Until 12:00 hours;
- Children of any age are welcome, but there is not Kids club on the island
- Don’t miss an evening cocktail in Boli and be ready to put some extra weight in spite of the healthy life style with non stop snorkelling.
- A recommendation: go for the all inclusive option. Worth it!
- Faarufushi offers many vegan options daily
- Each meal comes with a selection of freshly made breads, some very unique flavours e.g. chicken bread, chocolate bread, lemon bread, etc.
- Boli bar is sunset point with wide variety of drinks
- Make sure to book a Restore massage with Budu or Pam, both are very experiences therapist and very profesional.
- there is a free buggy service to get you around the island
- Sometimes seaplane transfer is not a direct flight with stopping at other resorts before arriving on the island
- Access to water sports and snorkelling on surrounding reefs for a fee.
- Universal Resorts is the pioneering establishment that has lead the development of tourism industry of Maldives for over 46 years. The company has been acting as the pivotal pillars that has revolutionized the travel and tourism industry of Maldives.
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More