Experience a new vision of Affordable Luxury at Hondaafushi Island Resort
Best Experience for: couples, groups and families, beach, value, diving
Hondaafushi Island Resort is all about the mix of wonderful sea, long sandy beaches and the affordable guest rooms and unmatched facilities. With a new vision of affordable luxury, this lifestyle brand resort is located in Haa Dhaalu atoll on a breath-taking island paradise of leafy jungle foliage and sparkling white sand.
Expect swimming in the warm turquoise lagoon, enjoy a private dinner for two under the starlight, hop on a boat excursion to explore island communities; the opportunities for explore and relaxation are limitless whilst Hondaafushi also offers plenty of activities and excursions.
The 50-minutes domestic flight transfer from Male airport is the only means of transportation for guests to this beautiful island.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - UP TO 45% OFF with additional benefits
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF: BEST AVAILABLE RATES
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- NOKU MALDIVES: - 4th Anniversary 40% OFF offer!
- Adaaran resorts: - Last Minute OFFER with Maximum Flexibility
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Arrival and departure from Male to the resort (and back) is organized by the hotel and carried out by staff at the Hanimaadhoo airport. The transfer to the island is perfect, there is a lounge area at Male airport. The resort greets its guests warmly, with the whole team, smiles, flower petals and welcome drinks. A friendly and professional team at the reception is available for all questions on the island.
A successful getaway on a dreamy island. If you love the nature, you've come to the right place: unique and luckily no mass tourism. The island is really big, half is occupied by wildlife, impenetrable jungle, you can feel like robinson Crusoe. Guests can travel around the island on a golf cart with a driver.
Hondaafushi Island, which measures two kilometres in length and 500 metres in width offers has 80 rooms in two categories: Superior Beach Bungalows and Deluxe Beach Bungalows. The resort will add some 100 rooms every year, with plans to have at least 400 villas over the next five years.
A main restaurant which serves daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, the four-star resort features a shared lounge and a bar. The outdoor swimming pool comes with a separate poolside bar. Wifi readily available on the entire island.
Perfect service that leaves nothing to be desired! Friendly, professional and always helpful staff. Always attentive and really eager to please every guest.
Hondaafushi is owned and operated by AAA Hotels and Resorts, which already runs Filitheyo Island Resort in Faafu atoll, Medhufushi Island Resort in Meemu atoll, and Bathala Island Resort in South Ari Atoll.
Escape from the ordinary to one of the best atolls in Maldives, Haa Dhaalu. About 320 km north of Malé, for families or intimate celebrations this tropical sanctuary in northern part of Maldivesl is accessible by seaplane scenic trip or 45-minutes domestic flight. Luxuriate in plush surrounds and set against a backdrop of stunning vistas, here magical moments are captured and senses are rejuvenated. Read more
Hondaafushi resort is located Haa Dhaalu Atoll one of the most pristine atolls in the Maldives, 291 km away from Male Velana International Airport it takes 50 minutes by domestic flight, followed by a 10-minutes speedboat ride.
The island is almost 2 km long with fantastic wide sandy beaches all around. In addition, everything is extremely well maintained and managed in an environmentally conscious manner.
The bungalows are nestled facing a huge blue lagoon. The jaw-dropping view is incredible. Entry into the water is very convenient, the beach is cleaned daily, and sand is fine and perfect.
At the opposite side of the island, in its southern part, there is a reef, it is whole, beautiful, good for snorkeling at high tide. You can spot sharks, rays, lots of fish.
The island is also a nesting spot for sea turtles and during the season you can see how the staff released baby turtles into the ocean.
All rooms are right on the beautiful sandy beach and offer enough privacy due to the delimitation by plants all around. Rooms are clean, new, daily cleaning. Wi-Fi is free. Even provided flashlights and umbrellas in the room.
All rooms are equipped with new furniture with automatic drawers, two large wardrobes and many storage option. Minibar is refilled daily. Great large bathroom with outside shower. Clean toilet area. Beds very comfortable Climate very quiet and easy to adjust, it works even when you leave the room.
The modernly outfitted Superior Beach Bungalows measure 75 square metres, while the spacious Deluxe Beach Bungalows measure 89 square metres. Both villa categories have semi-open bathrooms, and are furnished with air-conditioning, digital TV, phone, hair dryer, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar and an in-room safe. The furnished terrace faces the ocean and serves as an immaculate place to relax.
Restaurant and Bar
Opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Hondaafushi's main restaurant is a spacious pavilion that you can dine upon an international and plentiful buffet menu from around the world, from classic dishes to exotic delights. Chefs are also on hand at live cooking stations to tailor their fresh dishes to your liking.
The food is extremely delicious and varied. From fresh fish to fruits, from the kebabs, salads to the desserts - everything is there. The team tries to cater to the individual guests and to fulfill every further wish apart from the already great buffet.
Nice to eat on the pristine beach with a lovely view. Food menu changed daily and has several delicious choices daily even with the standard staple options one might expect. The chef learns guest's tastes and tried to cater accordingly while encouraging new menu options. There are also delicious alternatives for vegetarians.
We strongly recommend booking an all-inclusive meal plan.
Set on the tip of the island adjacent to the turquoise ocean Thila Bar is one of the best spots at Hondaafushi to watch the spectacular sunsets.
This beach bar offers an international wines as well as cocktails and juices. Guests can sit under the shady pavilion or sit in the pool at the swim-up bar.
Hondaafushi Spa has everything you need to feel relaxed, refreshed and revived. This stunning spa treats its visitors to an array of indulgent experiences, from classic spa treatments to luxurious therapies inspired by the changing seasons.
The range of services are especially tailored to treat and shed all traces of fatigue and tension caused by today’s busy and hectic lifestyle. All treatments offer a choice of the resort's signature relaxing or invigorating pure essential oil blends.
Things to Do
In addition to a spa and wellness centre, guests can choose from a variety of activities; from night fishing and windsurfing to snorkelling and diving. In the event that you would rather remain dry, billiards, table tennis, beach volleyball and a fitness centre are accessible for your pleasure.
There is a professional diving base under German management with very good, new material. But snorkelers also get their money's worth. The house reef can be snorkeled from the beach or you can use the 300 m long jetty and immediately get on at the risky one.
Marine life is interesting and extremely colorful fish, turtles, reef sharks, nemos, giant rays, moray eels, barracudas and much more. If you are lucky you may encounter manta rays just off the edge of the reef.
Discover Hondaafushi and the unique natural environment of the Maldives with various excursions, and there is also a small boutique on the island.
Reviews for the Hondaafushi Island Resort are mostly quite positive, although everyone seems to have arrived with lowered expectations, as this is a 3-star hotel and one of the cheapest in the Maldives. Most guests were quite happy with the rooms and the food in the buffet restaurant. Generally, the resort seems to offer great value and has satisfied customers, and it could work well for those looking for an affordable paradise on a limited budget.
Why Stay Here: What Guests Love
- A charm barefoot island for guests looking for peace and quiet
- Good and friendly staff.
- Huge lagoon you can swim at any time regardless of the tide
- Excellent privacy
- Clean and beautiful beach. Extremely fine sand.
- Sun loungers with cushions and parasols
- Beach bungalows have lighting and cleanliness good, noiseless AC
- Beds very comfortable
- Great and varied food. First class chef and team
- Superb diving school
What You Need to Know
- Airport transfer includes 50 minutes domestic flight and 5 to 10 minutes of speed boat ride to reach the resort. Charges are, USD 385 per adult per trip and USD 290 per child. This charge covers return trip
- Check-in from 2:00 PM; Check-out until 12:00 PM;
- Children of all ages are welcome. Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
- There is a house reef which can be reached via an approximately 380m long jetty.
- The fruit stand at the buffet looks uninviting
- long waiting time for the golf cart
- There are many mosquitoes on the island
- Insect repellent is sprayed once a day
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Ari Queen - 07 Jan 2023 - from €1,816.00 - Classic Central (Male - Male) - 7 Nights - Save up to $428 OFF! Rates include discounts. (23/9)
- Emperor Explorer - 02 Apr 2023 - from €2,336.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 07 Jan 2023 - from €2,021.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! Also available for group bookings. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 01 Jan 2023 - from €2,111.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 01 Jan 2023 - from €1,940.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 14 Jan 2023 - from €1,886.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More