Experience a new vision of Affordable Luxury at Hondaafushi Island Resort
Best Experience for: couples, groups and families, beach, value, diving
Hondaafushi Island Resort is all about the mix of wonderful sea, long sandy beaches and the affordable guest rooms and unmatched facilities. With a new vision of affordable luxury, this lifestyle brand resort is located in Haa Dhaalu atoll on a breath-taking island paradise of leafy jungle foliage and sparkling white sand.
Expect swimming in the warm turquoise lagoon, enjoy a private dinner for two under the starlight, hop on a boat excursion to explore island communities; the opportunities for explore and relaxation are limitless whilst Hondaafushi also offers plenty of activities and excursions.
The 50-minutes domestic flight transfer from Male airport is the only means of transportation for guests to this beautiful island.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Stories - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 30 Sep for a stay until 20 Mar 2022
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Opening Celebration Offer up to 20% OFF; for a stay until 30 Sep 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Arrival and departure from Male to the resort (and back) is organized by the hotel and carried out by staff at the Hanimaadhoo airport. The transfer to the island is perfect, there is a lounge area at Male airport. The resort greets its guests warmly, with the whole team, smiles, flower petals and welcome drinks. A friendly and professional team at the reception is available for all questions on the island.
A successful getaway on a dreamy island. If you love the nature, you've come to the right place: unique and luckily no mass tourism. The island is really big, half is occupied by wildlife, impenetrable jungle, you can feel like robinson Crusoe. Guests can travel around the island on a golf cart with a driver.
Hondaafushi Island, which measures two kilometres in length and 500 metres in width offers has 80 rooms in two categories: Superior Beach Bungalows and Deluxe Beach Bungalows. The resort will add some 100 rooms every year, with plans to have at least 400 villas over the next five years.
A main restaurant which serves daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, the four-star resort features a shared lounge and a bar. The outdoor swimming pool comes with a separate poolside bar. Wifi readily available on the entire island.
Perfect service that leaves nothing to be desired! Friendly, professional and always helpful staff. Always attentive and really eager to please every guest.
Hondaafushi is owned and operated by AAA Hotels and Resorts, which already runs Filitheyo Island Resort in Faafu atoll, Medhufushi Island Resort in Meemu atoll, and Bathala Island Resort in South Ari Atoll.
Escape from the ordinary to one of the best atolls in Maldives, Haa Dhaalu. About 320 km north of Malé, for families or intimate celebrations this tropical sanctuary in northern part of Maldivesl is accessible by seaplane scenic trip or 45-minutes domestic flight. Luxuriate in plush surrounds and set against a backdrop of stunning vistas, here magical moments are captured and senses are rejuvenated. Read more
Hondaafushi resort is located Haa Dhaalu Atoll one of the most pristine atolls in the Maldives, 291 km away from Male Velana International Airport it takes 50 minutes by domestic flight, followed by a 10-minutes speedboat ride.
The island is almost 2 km long with fantastic wide sandy beaches all around. In addition, everything is extremely well maintained and managed in an environmentally conscious manner.
The bungalows are nestled facing a huge blue lagoon. The jaw-dropping view is incredible. Entry into the water is very convenient, the beach is cleaned daily, and sand is fine and perfect.
At the opposite side of the island, in its southern part, there is a reef, it is whole, beautiful, good for snorkeling at high tide. You can spot sharks, rays, lots of fish.
The island is also a nesting spot for sea turtles and during the season you can see how the staff released baby turtles into the ocean.
All rooms are right on the beautiful sandy beach and offer enough privacy due to the delimitation by plants all around. Rooms are clean, new, daily cleaning. Wi-Fi is free. Even provided flashlights and umbrellas in the room.
All rooms are equipped with new furniture with automatic drawers, two large wardrobes and many storage option. Minibar is refilled daily. Great large bathroom with outside shower. Clean toilet area. Beds very comfortable Climate very quiet and easy to adjust, it works even when you leave the room.
The modernly outfitted Superior Beach Bungalows measure 75 square metres, while the spacious Deluxe Beach Bungalows measure 89 square metres. Both villa categories have semi-open bathrooms, and are furnished with air-conditioning, digital TV, phone, hair dryer, tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar and an in-room safe. The furnished terrace faces the ocean and serves as an immaculate place to relax.
Restaurant and Bar
Opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Hondaafushi's main restaurant is a spacious pavilion that you can dine upon an international and plentiful buffet menu from around the world, from classic dishes to exotic delights. Chefs are also on hand at live cooking stations to tailor their fresh dishes to your liking.
The food is extremely delicious and varied. From fresh fish to fruits, from the kebabs, salads to the desserts - everything is there. The team tries to cater to the individual guests and to fulfill every further wish apart from the already great buffet.
Nice to eat on the pristine beach with a lovely view. Food menu changed daily and has several delicious choices daily even with the standard staple options one might expect. The chef learns guest's tastes and tried to cater accordingly while encouraging new menu options. There are also delicious alternatives for vegetarians.
We strongly recommend booking an all-inclusive meal plan.
Set on the tip of the island adjacent to the turquoise ocean Thila Bar is one of the best spots at Hondaafushi to watch the spectacular sunsets.
This beach bar offers an international wines as well as cocktails and juices. Guests can sit under the shady pavilion or sit in the pool at the swim-up bar.
Hondaafushi Spa has everything you need to feel relaxed, refreshed and revived. This stunning spa treats its visitors to an array of indulgent experiences, from classic spa treatments to luxurious therapies inspired by the changing seasons.
The range of services are especially tailored to treat and shed all traces of fatigue and tension caused by today’s busy and hectic lifestyle. All treatments offer a choice of the resort's signature relaxing or invigorating pure essential oil blends.
Things to Do
In addition to a spa and wellness centre, guests can choose from a variety of activities; from night fishing and windsurfing to snorkelling and diving. In the event that you would rather remain dry, billiards, table tennis, beach volleyball and a fitness centre are accessible for your pleasure.
There is a professional diving base under German management with very good, new material. But snorkelers also get their money's worth. The house reef can be snorkeled from the beach or you can use the 300 m long jetty and immediately get on at the risky one.
Marine life is interesting and extremely colorful fish, turtles, reef sharks, nemos, giant rays, moray eels, barracudas and much more. If you are lucky you may encounter manta rays just off the edge of the reef.
Discover Hondaafushi and the unique natural environment of the Maldives with various excursions, and there is also a small boutique on the island.
Reviews for the Hondaafushi Island Resort are mostly quite positive, although everyone seems to have arrived with lowered expectations, as this is a 3-star hotel and one of the cheapest in the Maldives. Most guests were quite happy with the rooms and the food in the buffet restaurant. Generally, the resort seems to offer great value and has satisfied customers, and it could work well for those looking for an affordable paradise on a limited budget.
Why Stay Here: What Guests Love
- A charm barefoot island for guests looking for peace and quiet
- Good and friendly staff.
- Huge lagoon you can swim at any time regardless of the tide
- Excellent privacy
- Clean and beautiful beach. Extremely fine sand.
- Sun loungers with cushions and parasols
- Beach bungalows have lighting and cleanliness good, noiseless AC
- Beds very comfortable
- Great and varied food. First class chef and team
- Superb diving school
What You Need to Know
- Airport transfer includes 50 minutes domestic flight and 5 to 10 minutes of speed boat ride to reach the resort. Charges are, USD 385 per adult per trip and USD 290 per child. This charge covers return trip
- Check-in from 2:00 PM; Check-out until 12:00 PM;
- Children of all ages are welcome. Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
- There is a house reef which can be reached via an approximately 380m long jetty.
- The fruit stand at the buffet looks uninviting
- long waiting time for the golf cart
- There are many mosquitoes on the island
- Insect repellent is sprayed once a day
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More