Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Spa, Activities, Value, All Inclusive
Le Méridien Maldives Resort is the first Le Meridien beach escape in the island nation. Nestled in a picturesque corner of Lhaviyani Atoll on Thilamaafushi Island, the luxury resort is a perfect getaway inspired by the mix of the beaches, crystal clear seas and an incredible marine life.
Marriott International’s Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa debuted on August 1, 2021.
Offering the ultimate tropical island experience, the resort is 30 minutes by scenic seaplane flight from the main Velana International airport. The accommodation choices make it ideal for couples, small groups and families. All 150 the beautifully appointed villas both on the beach and over water are designed for comfort. With a world class cuisine at six restaurants & bars, and excellent service spend your days enjoying numerous watersports for which, rejuvenating outdoor pools, or experience one of a signature healing treatments at the Explore Spa by Le Méridien. Celebrate the art of travel with a curation of immersive discoveries that showcases the unique Maldivian spirit, above and below the Indian ocean.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Hard Rock Hotel: Anniversary Sale - 25% OFF Use promo code 'PROWEB' for extra 15% discount
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF: BEST AVAILABLE RATES
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- NOKU MALDIVES: - 4th Anniversary 40% OFF offer!
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Expect a seamless service upon arrival at Male airport, a scenic seaplane transfer to the private Le Meridien island, warm welcome with a welcome drink and an easy check-in.
Spanning 22 acres, the beautiful island is an eco-friendly haven abundant with magnificent flora and fauna and is enveloped by a sparkling lagoon and corals bursting with vibrant marine life. Thilamaafushi is one of the few islands of the Maldives where you can spot schools of fish, baby sharks, eagle rays, turtles, and manta rays from the beach and overwater villa decks. On land, you'll see loads of hermit crabs, land crabs, birds, lizards, and the occasional cat. It's the one of the only resorts where the foliage is so healthy that it bridges into a canopy in certain areas of the road/paths. The downside is the paths are quite narrow for two buggies.
Inspired by the essence of the Maldives, combined with a passion for culture, cuisine and design, the resort is a play ground for the curious and creative traveler to discover the European vibe of savoring the good life to do something different every day.
For service, Le Méridien goes well above and beyond. Management did a fantastic job of bringing on staff that know how to treat people with kindness and generosity. There's no butler service, yet the property somehow still provides better service than many luxury resorts in Maldives. All of the staff is fantastic, so courteous, and professional.
Every team member go out of their way to execute every request you made to perfection from food preparation, to check-in, to little things that would come up during your stay. This service coupled with the stunning environment and gorgeous accommodations truly make Le Meridien Maldives paradise found.
The stunning island of Thilamaafushi is located in Lhaviyani atoll is 30-minute by seaplane ride from Malé international airport.
The archipelago of the Maldives lies south-west of the southern tip of India and spans a large area of the Indian Ocean. Comprised of coral reefs, the Maldives 1,192 islands are scattered into atolls that form unique rings of sandy islands and sapphire lagoons. Lhaviyani enjoys light monsoons, making Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa a perfect all year-round destination. Majestic Manta rays, dolphins, turtles and pristine coral reefs – the atoll has some of the best diving and snorkeling in the Maldives.
Villas and Suites
Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa offers a huge range of luxury accommodation options to cater for all types of guest. There are 150 villas in seven categories, on the beach and a over water. A some villas also come with a private pool and dedicated butler. The villas are all spacious and well designed for comfort. All that you need from a 5 star resort is made available, even the iron and the board is already in your room.
Shined with local decor with warm, natural tones Beach Villas are scattered throughout the island and are divided into Beach Villas, Beach Villas with Pool and Lagoon Villas. If you are looking for the finest sands and calm seas the northern beaches are highly recommended (overlooking the lagoon). Beach Villas with Pool has ocean views (southern side) while other rooms enjoy lagoon view. Direct beach access, hammocks and private pools let you encounter Maldives in a unique way.
The Water Villas are located on either side of the jetty at the eastern end of the beautiful Thilamaafushi Island. The villas come in three categories where the water villas with private pool are facing the sunrise.
Perched out over the turquoise Indian Ocean, the Water Villas offer a roomy deck to look out over the sea, with steps down to the water and the magnificent fish life below. Large bathrooms, air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs and plush bedding with fine linens add to the cultured, chic ambience of your accommodations.
Restaurants and Bars
Le Méridien Maldives’s dining options are designed to take maximum advantage of the islands idyllic beauty with panoramic views and spectacular sunrises and sunsets. For F&B, the team balanced quality and quantity with delicious meals at prices that don't feel like Maldivian extortion. Le Méridien takes food seriously! With four restaurants to choose from International to Japanese, you will struggle to tire of the expansive dining options available.
Meal plans are great value for those who drink but seems indexed to COVID restrictions because they're constantly changing.
Literally every meal is fantastic! The menus are diverse enough with three options to choose from for dinner each night you'll have the best service from all of the staff. The waiters remember your names from day 1, your favorite drinks, appetizers and would often work with the bartender or chef to slightly alter your order from the prefix menu! The chef go above and beyond to ensure your dining experience was top notch!
The resort's main restaurant Turquoise is an eclectic in design and cuisine. Opened for breakfast to dinner Turquoise is a fresh interactive marketplace, where guests can feast with fresh ocean breezes and stunning vistas in a sophisticated setting. With smart casual dress code the guests will enjoy local dishes alongside Asian favorites and modern European tastes. The lavish buffet is perfect for families with hungry (and picky) children.
Open for dinner only this over-water venue combines incredible sunset views with modern Japanese cuisine. Defined as “to eat” in Japanese, Tabemasu is a distinct dining experience where art, design and cuisine are fused to create a chic dining journey featuring regional tastes including the finest sushi and sashimi that meld modern and traditional techniques with an haute-French mise en place. The menu features superb fish and seafood, fresh from the Indian Ocean.
Best place for lunch Waves Cafe is designed as a space for mindfully conscious eating and drinking. Feed and nourish the soul with wholesome ingredients presented in a simply light uncomplicated fashion. Celebrate the power of produce with organic and sustainably sourced ingredients.
Velaa Bar & Grill features the essence of halcyon beachside lounging, morning till night. Bask in the summer sun with light bodied wines, crafted cocktails & light dishes and once the stars twinkle relish grilled seafood, meats and wood-fired delicacies.
Children will love the Le Meridien's Family concept, an immersive world where fun and exploring are celebrated.
Whether stargazing or culture-seeking, kids are encouraged to engage in a world of make-believe and embark upon real-life adventures. Both inside the resort and within the island, Le Méridien Maldives curates educational discovery experiences for families to enjoy together.
Activities and Pampering
The things to do are endless as well! Le Méridien Maldives offers a wide range of activities including scuba diving, snorkelling and sailing. Other water sports on offer include banana tube rides, canoeing, kayaking, water-skiing and windsurfing. Island hopping, cocktail cruises and big game deep-sea fishing excursions can also be arranged - all amazing experiences with professional guides. A paddle boarding, kayaking in their glass bottom kayaks, and snorkeling the local house reef are free of charge.
There is the Waves Fitness centre and two outdoor swimming pools Velaa (with childrens pool) & Riviera (adults only) to further entertain.
Relax into a wonderful massage in the excellent Explore Spa that is invigorate the senses in a haven of natural beauty. Explore Spa pulses with life, full of magnetic energy fused with artistic expression. With a glass floor the spa is a mindful space that blends simplicity & relaxation to revive the senses & inspire a feeling of place to rejuvenate and energise.
With a beautiful beaches, a great food, very nice vaccommodation, brilliant amenities and options of activities Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa will do wonders with the kind of service culture they have built up. Despite being "only" upscale in facilities/amenities and price, certainly punches above its weight class in F&B, activities and especially in service. From the GM on down, we're highly recommend a stay at this wonderful place.
...Fantastic Resort and Experience; A Dream Vacation; Fantastic newly opened resort. 7 starts for customer service. Just brilliant; Honeymoon trip; 5 stars hands down, service merits 6 stars; Amazing time and great diving!; Incredible place and people; Paradise Found!;
Pros: What Guests Like
- Beautiful island
- Superb cervice and nice staff
- The villas are all spacious and well designed for comfort
- The food is excellent
- Sunset cocktail at Reviera
- Dive center team
- The Overwater Spa
What You Need to Know
- The resort is 30-minute by seaplane ride from Velana international airport.
- Upon arrival at Velana International Airport, the resort' airport representative at the terminal exit holding “Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa” placard will welcome you. Please identify yourselves to the representative and after doing so the representative will personally accompany you until your departure to the resort.
- Seaplane Transfer Rate - Adult: USD 420 per adult, round trip, inclusive of all taxes. Child : 2 -11.99 years old: USD 210 per Child, round trip, inclusive of all taxes Infant: bellow 2 years old: Complimentary per Infant, round trip, inclusive of all taxes.
- Check-in from 3:00 PM; Check-out until 12:00 PM;
- Children of all ages are welcome.; Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
- We recommend all inclusive to enjoyed each meal!
- There is no private transport to seaplane terminal; the resort has a shared seaplane lounge
- most villas don't have pool
- the guest room AC auto turns off when you keep the doors open for too long
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Ari Queen - 07 Jan 2023 - from €1,816.00 - Classic Central (Male - Male) - 7 Nights - Save up to $428 OFF! Rates include discounts. (23/9)
- Emperor Explorer - 02 Apr 2023 - from €2,336.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 07 Jan 2023 - from €2,021.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! Also available for group bookings. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 01 Jan 2023 - from €2,111.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 01 Jan 2023 - from €1,940.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 14 Jan 2023 - from €1,886.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 03.10.2022
- The Travel Calendar for October 2022 in the Maldives
- The Ozen Collection brings Bodegas Viñátigo Winery to the Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah recognized with First Maldives National Tourism Awards
- Why You should spend this Festive Season with Cora Cora Maldives
- The Westin Maldives' Heavenly Spa wins Haute Grandeur Awards
- 5* dreamy Maldives Half Board stay near Male with return speedboat transfers
- Latest News from Kandima, October 2022
- Now Open: Emerald Faarufushi Resort & Spa
- Maldives Best Dive sites: Fushivaru
- Huvafen Fushi announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Fall in Love with the Maldives in Mid-Season at Amari Havodda
- Coco Collection celebrates the Maldives Tourism Golden Year
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, September 2022
- Malahini Kuda Bandos Upper Class Upgrade Review
- This Year Traditional meets Tropical for Innahura’ Festive Season
- Romantic wedding proposal ideas at Komandoo
- Huvafen Fushi hosts manifestation retreat with Roxie Nafousi
- Plan for a Good Time in Maldives at Sky Beach Maldives - Dhiffushi
- Paul Gauguin Cruises announces 2024 Voyages
- Maldives celebrates World Manta Day
- Music and Michelin Stars to collide at Siyam World Maldives’ First Birthday bash
- Finding Unique Travel Experiences with Anantara
- Experience the Magic of the Holidays with Raffles Maldives resort
- Dreamy 5* star all-inclusive Maldives getaway: Discover AARAH, Now
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More