Malahini Kuda Bandos Resort
Best Experience for: Couples, Value, Beach, All-Inclusive
Malahini Kuda Bandos Resort is a tiny island in the North Male Atoll that offers excellent a great-value Maldivian escape. The resort can be reached in 15 minutes by boat from Malé Airport. The hotel has 82 rooms of two categories, many food options with two restaurants and a bar, as well as other amenities such as a spa, gym and water sports center. Stunning white sand beaches, house reef snorkeling and world-class diving complement the modern facilities of the 4-star resort.
The sister resort Bandos Island, Malahini Kuda Bandos, bathes in the North Male Atoll's aquamarine lagoon and offers its guests the best of the Indian Ocean with relaxation, fine dining and romance, all in one exotic paradise, accessible by speed boat. Simple luxury is offered at the beachfront villas with outdoor showers, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning and daily housekeeping. The villas are located on the north side of the island, and the garden rooms are located in the lush green foliage of the interior, providing guests with a sense of exotic privacy married with modern amenities.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 May 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: ENJOY UP TO 35% OFF YOUR STAYS; book before April 4 for stays until June 30, 2021
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits; Book till April 30 for stays until Sep 30
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Anantara Hotels: Sun Kissed Sri Lankan Escapes offer with 40% savings
Welcomed its first guests in late July 2016, Malahini Kuda Bandos resort is Bandos Maldives’ sister property. Just ten minutes from Malé airport, this laid-back island resort promises affordable luxury and a relaxed barefoot vibe. Formerly the uninhabited sister island to the Bandos Maldives resort, Malahini Kuda Bandos has been redesigned as an uncomplicated and relaxing Maldivian escape, with lots of new facilities and modern accommodation. There may be no pool on round shape island, but the stunning beaches provide the perfect spot to kick back for an afternoon, while for a little indulgence, the Alizé Spa offers fantastic wellness treatments based on age-old Maldivian and Asian traditions. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Compared to its sister resort and neighbour, Malahini Kuda Bandos looks younger and more modern, with its calm colour scheme. A lighter touch to the service and in the atmosphere is noticeable too, in part the result of a clientele that is younger and less accustomed to having only the finest things in life. In part it is the result of a happy group of staff, mostly Maldivian, who have worked on the island for many years and who love it as their own. Add to this a quiet, laid back atmosphere and you can see why it’s a big hit with the Europeans, Russians and Chinese clientele.
Since the island is conveniently located on the North of Male' Atoll, you can reach the island by a 15 to 20 minutes by a scenic speed boat ride from the Velana international Airport (VIA). Transport to Malahini Kuda Bandos from airport and back to Airport is available at night and day time ( 24 hours ). For a smoother operation of transfer arrangement, arrival and departure flights details are required 72 hours in advance of your arrival date and all transfer has to booked in advance.
The most known and explored diving area in the Maldives, North Malé Atoll has the most complete and colorful reefs among all the Maldives. With the renowned for its spectacular coral and marine life, it's well worth exploring on a fun dive trip. There are more than 30 nearby dive spots, all within a comfortable 50-minute boat ride from the island. There are also many wrecks, caves, channels, walls and drift diving with large pelagic species such as mantas and hammerhead sharks. With easy accessibility, wide choice of accomodation and a fabulous range of sites, North Malé Atoll is visited by divers more often than any other group of islands in the Maldives.
In a time when more and more resort beaches are getting help from groynes and walls, Malahini’s sands still go all around unobstructed, pure and fine. For a sun and beach dreamer it is equally good: an unbroken, broad, fine, white sand beach. There are no groynes or walls at all, only temporary sandbagging on alternate sides of the island to counter the free movement of the sand over the 2 seasons. Pumping, however, has been used to shore up the depleting side and, over time, this less fine sand has brought the beach quality down from perfection. Nonetheless, this is one of the best affordable resorts in the whole region. With a soft, sandylagoon on one side and good shade on the other, this is really a beach to savour.
The drop off lies far from the beach, the lagoon itself is shallow and it's sometimes difficult to find an area to swim however there is a passage in the coral near the beach bar. While house reef snorkrling you'll spot sharks, rays and turtles, although most corals are dead.
Rooms and Villas
Malahini Kuda Bandos Hotel offers rooms with sea, garden and beach view. There are 82 classic rooms appointed with individual climate control, a private safe, multi-channel TV, a closet and a work desk. Guests will enjoy a shower, guest toiletries and bath sheets provided in the bathrooms. All the rooms are provided with free WiFi, furnished balconies, minibars, coffee-makers, free newspapers, and ceiling fans.
The Classic rooms on the island are housed in blocks, and are simply designed with soft colours and contemporary furnishings Each room is 18 sq m and have everything needed to ensure that you enjoy a comfortable stay. For accommodation nearer the beach, ground-floor Deluxe Rooms have beautiful partial ocean views, with Superior Rooms set above them.
We recommend the Garden Rooms (22-24 sq m) which are set further back from the beach within the tropical island vegetation. With exotic Banana trees and the ferns views, these rooms are cosy and a viable option for those looking to experience the natural splendour of the Maldives for a reasonable price. Overlooking the gardens of Malahini Kuda Bandos, these rooms feature either queen size beds or twin sharing along with convertible sofa beds. The Garden Rooms feature simple interior and minimalist furniture. All rooms are air-conditioned with hot and cold showers, mini bar and free Wi-Fi. Tea and coffee making facilities are available.
Located along the white sands these stunning detached Beach Villas are made for contemporary beach front living with direct beach access and a generous open-air bathroom. Spread over the island's north side, a some Sunrise Beach Bungalows offer a spectacular view of the sunrise. With the surrounding foliage the villas offer privacy and creates a feeling of seclusion. Each individual standing villa is 40 sq m and have the below to ensure that you enjoy a comfortable stay: • air-conditioning • king-size bed • sofa bed • private outdoor rain shower • indoor shower and bathtub • bathrobes • beach towels • TV • Wi-Fi • 40m2
Restaurants and Bars
With views over the superb beaches, Maaga is the island's main buffet restaurant, which serves a variety of international dishes infused with local flavours, but but food quality needs improvement. We recommend eating on the open-air decking area, which overlooks the ocean and surrounding lagoon. Indulge in a lighter meal on the beachfront or savour exotic local cocktails at The Bluu, or visit Bar 75, the quirky daytime beach bar with great entertainment and fun swing seating.
Located on the beach, The Bluu got nothing but good views to share with you at Malahini Island Resort. The Bluu serves light meals overlooking the beach. The Bluu's are open late into the night for late dwellers looking for entertainment.
If you’re in need of refreshments while relaxing in the day, Bar 75 is the chic beachside bar, which offers quirky swing seating and fun daytime entertainment. The bar crew aims to concoct drinks drawing inspiration from oldies but goodies tailoring it to your preferences offering great views and everything from the classics to customised cocktails.
For a change of scenery, guests also have the option to visit Bandos Maldives resort next door to sample any of the four dining outlets available at the resort.
Meal plans are Half Board, Full Board and All Inclusive
Your Half Board package will include accommodatio • Buffet-style breakfast and dinner at Maaga restaurant.
Full Board from • Buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner at Maaga restaurant • Non-motorised watersports including kayaks, stand-up paddle boarding and windsurfing
All Inclusive from • Buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner at Maaga restaurant • Afternoon tea at The Bluu • Selected drinks including house wines and spirits, beer and soft drinks • Non-motorised watersports including kayaks, stand-up paddle boarding and windsurfing • Snorkelling equipment • 1 dolphin cruise or snorkelling trip (minimum 4-night stay).
Sports & Activities
The resort located close to some fantastic dive sites. The dive crew is PADI certified and ready to take you touring beneath the waters to meet our aquatic “friends” roaming in the Indian Ocean. The resort’s PADI-certified instructors will take guests on guided dives and snorkeling trips.
If you'd rather spend your time above water The Malahini Kuda Bandos sports and recreation centre serves as a gateway to the underwater delights that surround the islands, with ocean activities ranging from glass bottomed canoes that take advantage of the transparent waters, to para-sailing are equipped with several water sports activities to fill your afternoons. You won't get bored! The Malahini's team offers a wide range of motorized and non-motorized sports for those seeking a little more adventure. These include but are not limited to: catamaran sailing, jet ski, para sailing, canoeing, windsurfing and surfing are available at the resort’s marine and recreation centre
Join a sunset cruise in search of dolphins, big game fishing, experience true island life by spending a day island hopping, try your hand stand-up paddle boarding or go shopping to Male City. Nightlife include movie screenings and parties on the beach.
Excellent spa and gym facilities back on dry land ensure that the Maldives' newest resort will be welcoming its visitors again and again.
If you’re not put off by style issues or you don’t intend to spend much time indoors anyway, Malahini Kuda Bandos is really a lovely island - very pretty, very quiet, with a great beach and water activities.
Affordable paradise close to the main airport, if you're looking to relax this is the place, Perfect snorkling and food, Amazing relaxing vacation, Wonderful, Was just perfect, only needs more facilities for kids like pool and showers on the beach, Affordable paradise, Absolutely brilliant
Pros: What Guest Love
- Close to Male airport
- beautiful island
- The staff is super hardworking, friendly and polite.
- The Beach
- Very clean and comfortable rooms
- Excellent value
- Laid-back island feel
- Good variety of water sports
- all inclusive meal plan
What You Need to Know
- 10 minutes by speedboat from Male airport
- An expensive speedboat transfer
- Check-in from 15:00, Check-out before 12:30
- All children are welcome. No children's club or fun for kids
- no overwater accomodation
- bathrooms smell of sewage
- Highly prices for everything. Therefore, it is better to take all-inclusive or full board.
- Very meager selection of fruit.
- No swimming pool in the hotel
- wifi is slow
- huge groups of Chinese being loud and inappropriate
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (14.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blue Spirit - 22 Aug 2021 - from €1,196.00 - Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) - (20% OFF)
- Blue Voyager - 08 Aug 2021 - from €1,170.00 - Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) - (20% OFF)
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 12.04.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Soneva launches Academy for Children
- Mohammad Shami has a vacation at Kandima Maldives before new cricketing season
- Marriott Bonvoy portfolio in Maldives formes new Market Sales & Marketing team
- Milaidhoo Maldives has announced a special offer for upcoming Eid al-Fitr holidays
- Rediscover the Maldives with Centara
- The Nautilus Maldives launches skydiving
- Shraddha Kapoor is back to Maldives, now at Baros
- Surbhi Jyoti shares vacation photos and videos from The Standard getaway in Maldives
- Minissha Lamba having an adventure Maldives holiday at Hideaway Beach Resort
- Indian actor Allu Arjun enjoys family time at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI
- Enjoy Maldives Adventure holidays with island resort special offers
- Maldives Cheap Scuba Diving Holidays: 10 Best Hotels for divers on a budget
- Book in advance and enjoy discount off the best rates
- Enjoy Ramadan Escape at Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More