Best Experience for: villas, couples, diving, wellness
With some of the largest villas in the island nation Noku Maldives is a luxury boutique retreat. The perfect choice for honeymoon or tranquil getaways it’s a perfect resort for those who want to be peaceful and relax. Expect nothing apart from luxury on this barefoot island.
The 50 luxury villas offer the best of both worlds with spectacular views of the Indian ocean on one side and a sparkling beach on the other. Whether you're looking for a intimate couple holiday or a family escape, the resort ticks all boxes, just 45 minutes from Male Airport. Embark on a culinary adventure discovering a world of international cuisines where soulful service is Noku's strength. Take your pick from two restaurants and bars, inspired by cuisines from Japanese to Singaporean and Thai, there are endless options. Stroll the exclusive white-sand beach or chill out with a cocktail at swimming pool. For the more active guests, Noku Maldives offers an extensive welness options to discover moments of sanctuary, water sport activities and fun diving adventures. A truly memorable experience awaits.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Atmosphere resorts - 20% OFF, FULL ALL INCLUSIVE, book by 28 January 2023
- Kandima: Summer DEAL - up to 65% off - FB, on all room types
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan Luxury All Inclusive deal
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Amilla Early Bird FLASH: 40% OFF on water villa rates + HB meal
- Baros Maldives: 35% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Witn an extraordinary landscspe Noku Maldives is very beautiful boutique island - the space to guest ratio is very high, this is an over 700-meter long island with just 50 villas. This is Noku’s strongest point in our opinion.
Noku's beach is one of the attractions of the island, a huge and a wide sand strip. Even when the tide comes, the beach on Noku is larger than some of the Maldives others islands. There is a beautiful very wide beach on the sunrise side, albeit a bit under-equipped (loungers and shade is not enough). The guests seem to mind the lack of loungers or umbrellas since each beach villa has its own deck and direct access to the beach. The sunset side is more narrow but gives you access to the house reef snorkeling just past the sunset water villas. For a bird's eye view of the resort map, tap here.
The house reef - long, vivid, full of corals, beautiful fish and other sea creatures. The guests can have a nice beach walks; and during special times of the year, the island's sands is visited by sea turtles.
Surrounded different blues of the water and the whites sands the island is a stunning tropical eco-frienly resort. It is plastic free; there is no straws or bottles to be seen. The resort's team are also active with its coral growing programme and buy produce where possible from the local farm islands.
The boutique resort has everything to be an outstanding and leading luxury property, but today few facilities feel ever-so-slightly neglected and under-maintained for a luxury resort. However, the main pool, including the poolside restaurant and bar, and the resort's spa are in excellent condition. Although the hotel is operated by a Japanese brand, Japanese touches are limited, basically only featured in just some of the cuisine items..
As for the staff: you have never seen the resort staff which would be that attentive, well trained and extremely helpful. The staff members on the island seem to be willing to make you stay even better; starting from the restaurant team to the hotel's management although in particular the restaurant waiters sometimes may not understand or they may make mistakes with your orders/requests. The service here is very personalised and the staff really go out of their way to make our stay comfortable.
The guests are rare, mainly from Europe, US, Japan and Korean as don’t sign up to the big China, Russian and ME volume agents so has a much nicer vibe than some other crowded resorts.
Despite the ongoing worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, Noku Maldives and the Maldives in general have done an outstanding job in restoring tourism while maintaining safety for everyone guests. Last but not least: the hotel takes the Covid-19 prevention measures seriously so even though guests do not have to wear masks, the staff do; and the restaurant staff even use protective gloves. The hotel also provide the PCR test for the guests (extra charge) before come back home - you can do them directly on the island (the samples are then transport to the laboratory by the hotel staff) that's very convenient.
The resort is located on Noonu Atoll, in the northern part of the Maldives, which remains the least developed area of the Maldives, offering guests untouched natural beauty, abundant sea life and endless views across the Indian Ocean. Noonu atoll is a hot spot of the newest phenomena, including some of the most luxurious resorts in the Maldives.
Noku Maldives is accessible by a 45-minute seaplane flight from Male Airport or via a 40- minute transfer to the new Maafaru International Airport by Maldivian Airlines. This is followed by a 15-minute speedboat ride.
In our opinion the first way is most glamourous way to island hop and it gives you a superb birds eye view of the atolls below. However, you should be aware that the seaplane can make several stops along the way-- it can actually take much longer to reach the island.
Villas and Suites
Just 50 rooms for true secluded vacation, Noku Maldives has 30 over-water villas and 20 private beach villas. Rooms are beautiful with a lovely and exotic decoration, cleaned with all facilities that make your life so easy.
The Noku's villas are some of the biggest you’ve find in Maldives, especially in the lowest cost categories. While the original interiors for an ultra-luxury stay unveils in the upscale, chic style of the units' design, decor, and soft beige, black, and white color palette, there is noticeable wear. However, if you're willing to put up with that for the incredible size of the rooms, you'll be just fine.
Imagine huge private outdoor decks (some come with private pools), and large tub-centered bathrooms with indoor and outdoor showers. All rooms have with ocean view bathrooms, dual wardrobes and vanity sinks, comfy super-sized king beds, and bedroom lounge areas and desks, plus luxury amenities like pillow menus, personalized bars with top brands, espresso machines, iPod docks, and luxe toiletry kits that include loofahs, nail kits, vanity kits, and shampoo, conditioner, and soap. The villas are all been created with the utmost privacy in mind and a some guests are pleased not to have a TV to interrupt the peacefulness they had come to treasure. All accommodation have room service, turndown service, and free Wi-Fi. The mini bar of soft drinks and some small snacks is included for everyone, which many guests appreciate and find a nice touch.
The beach villas are more inland surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens opening out to the wide white sandy beach Kuda-Funafaru island has to offer. Beach Villas are definitely larger than average, and have more privacy than other resorts on this kind of level, due to the vegetation and a good distance between each one. This is another strong point for Noku.
The rooms are beautifully appointed with high ceilings and spacious rooms just steps from the white sandy beach. The super-sized king bed are set direct opposite the French doors, which offered both a view of, and access to the sea via a short walk. The roll top bath with luxury sea salts accompanied an indoor shower and outdoor rain shower with access outside to the sun deck with sun loungers, an outdoor table and a hammock. The fridge is stocked daily with fresh juices and milk in attractive glass bottles and homemade breadfruit crisps.
Upgrading from the standard Beach Villa to the Beach Villa with pool snags you a private plunge pool, while bumping up another level to Beach Villa with Private Pool & Sunset view gets you an amazing sunset views over the Indian ocean from your private terrace. However if you like beach games and swimming in the crystal clear lagoon, you will find the widest beach on the sunrise side.
Water Villas with Private pool are divided into two categories: sunrise and sunset. The sunset villas are perched above the ocean with reefs which is the best side for snorkelling whereas the sunrise water villas are in the sandy lagoon perfect for swimming.
The rooms are very spacious and the view from the infinity pool is out of this world! The bed is really big and comfortable and the room is really well equipped with nice furniture, outside shower, and lots of considerate touches such as a free of charge mini bar filled with mini snacks, fresh iced tea and juices, tea coffee making facilities with macaron and biscuits, beach bag, flip flops and insect repellent spray.
Water Villas with Private pool & Sunset View boasts full privacy, lovely freshwater pools, 180-degree ocean view and a great location - house reef teeming with marine life is 30-metre away and the views are just truly stunning! There is no seaplane, boat or island traffic to ruin the experience.
From the sunrise water villas you can also watch the sunset but if you’re looking for privacy, sunset accommodation is the best!
If you are staying at a water pool villa We would definitely encourage you to try the floating breakfast. It is a wonderful experience that is not to be missed.
Restaurants and Bars
With diverse choices and quality of fresh ingredients, one of the best features of Noku is the food. With beautiful the ever-changing blues of the Indian Ocean in a stunning setting the Noku's restaurants and bars are excellent, various mix of flavors and a very friendly staff.
Even though there are only two restaurants on the island, you can never get bored with them, since there is a new set menu in each day, for lunch and dinner. The menu changes daily and the dinner menu also changes daily, you can order from the set menu or a la carte. If you ask for anything from dietary and that's not a problem for the chefs, either. Fresh fish is caught daily so depending on the catch you can enjoy tuna, reef fi sh or snapper.
Noku is the right place for the vegetarians and chef Tarique is kind enough to whip up vegetarian dishes for guest every day.
Every meal is cooked by world-class talented chefs. For a personal feast you can have food delivered to your room as well for an extra fee. Room service is available 24/7 with an international menu heavy on Asian dishes, and private dinners can be arranged on request.
Perfect for those who dislike buffets, served a la carte breakfast offers a big array of choices from seafood dumplings to croque madame. The breakfast has a great spread and again one can order outside the menu.
Noku's main restaurant Palms is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner served with a hearty side of beachfront views. The resort's fine-dining spot, Thari, has a more upscale vibe with white table clothes, polished concrete tile floors, and nice views over the infinity pool and out to sea.
Both Palms restaurant and their beachside ‘dining under the stars’ ‘Thari’ restaurant are excellent, with a great Asian food (Japanese, Thai, Singapore influences) with a 3 menus that rotate every night. The food is fresh and delicious and many of the dishes have Maldivian and Asian fl avours and infl uences. The grilled whole fish, lobsters, biriyani and curries are highly recommended.
Both of Noku Maldives' bars are open from the midday to the evening, though the chic poolside lounge bar Indigo closes around sundown while the beachfront Palms stays open until after midnight. There are daily happy hours.
With the palm thatched roofs, comfy sofas and open space in contrasting black and white interiors The Palms bar is a spot to indulge in the refreshing cocktails, hookah while soaking in the island charm.
With perfect pool and ocean views the Thari bar is a also perfect. You can try a lot of cocktails or just have a cup of coffee and enjoy the wonderful views. The bartender is a friendly and pleasant person.
For destination dinner feast under a blanket of stars, or create beautiful moments with a romantic beach dinner.
Things to Do
There is lots a fun activities to choose from at Noku. From water sports and snorkeling to scuba diving and spa treatments - you won't have time to get bored. Try out banana boat ride, dolphin tour, fishing and more. Paddle boarding and kayaking is available to explore the island shores as well as catamaran sailing. Sunset cruises are offered as well as an island excursion. The resort offers also fish feeding, outdoor evening cinema, board games and Maldivian bodu-beru show.
The water sports center offers many kinds of sports activities and excursions/trips. Paddle-board or canoe can be rented for free. Very friendly and helpful staff. Although there is no kids club on the island the team of water sport center is very sympathetic and child friendly.
Apart from relaxing by the infinity pool or on the pristine beach, You can also enjoy night fishing and the chef'll prepare the fish that you caught.
The Sub-Oceanic is Noku’s 5-star PADI diving centre is outstanding and a special mention to the scuba team, as the professional team is the best You have experienced. There are fun diving trips and PADI courses on the menu. Shark Point, Orimas Thila, Christmas tree Rock, Bodurah Gaa Giri are the world class sites must dive!
The house reef is located just past the sunset water villas. Unfortunately, it is heavily bleached but nonetheless you can experience very nice snorkeling with colorful fish, even around the water villas thus slightly more comfortable to snorkel if you book one of those. Nonetheless, one can access the house reef through beaches as well. Here you will find their coral garden project where they are planting coral to create additional habit for the underwater life and eco-system. The snorkling gear is new, clean and free of charge. We highly recommend to take a snorkelling trip with the guide as well. You’ll definitely spot turtles, sharks and rays!
Embracing nature is an integral aspect of Noku's wellness program. For the senses there’s daily morning yoga in the Spa Alcove overlooking the sea, a wellequipped gym for working off the excess food and a more tempting Noku Spa, where you can truly relax and unwind at 6 double treatment suites with a view of the ocean. Each professional treatments use the natural ingredients to enhance total wellbeing.The treatment rooms with indoor and outdoor showers and a pool are thoughtfully designed as a sanctuary where stone and wooden accents achieve a deep sense of calm and relaxation.
What can you expect from Noku Maldives? The island definitely is a gem in the more and more overbuilt, mass tourism market resorts taking over the Maldives, for big villas, five-star personal service, tranquillity, luxury, privacy, safety, nature and lots of space you cannot go wrong here. Overall, the vibe is relaxed and sleepy with a focus on privacy thanks to the natural leafy grounds. For the price, this place is best suited for guests who don't mind putting up with a little wear and tear for a quiet and private island break.
What Guests Love
- The island is beautiful, with lot of nature
- The accommodation is huge, clean and comfortable
- The sunset water pool villa is amazing
- Privacy is really impressive
- The stuff is really friendly and incredibly service-oriented
- Delicious food
- Snorkeling is a wonderful
- Dolphin watching trip
- Scuba diving experience
- Massage as well was wonderful, with very professional people.
- Excellent spa with good massages
What You Need to Know
- Find out more about the special promotions & exclusive packages available to guests of Noku Maldives making a stay even more worthwhile. Book direct
- Transfer takes 45 minutes from Velana International Airport. Return transfer will be arranged on shared basis along with other hotel guests. Guests need to provide flight details at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Children of all ages are welcome. Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
- Unlike some of the other premium hotels in Maldives, Noku does't have an exclusive lounge at Male airport.
- The seaplane experience can be with multiple stops along the way.
- Noku has one of the biggest villas amongst Maldivian resorts , which is important, particularly for longer stays.
- The signature couple massage at the spa is fantastic and not to be missed
- The tiny sandbank next to the island provides a wonderful location for some beautiful photos
- The hotel has a boutique shop to buy home memories of Maldives to last a lifetime.
- The wifi is slow
- This resort doesn’t serve pork dishes
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Nautilus Two - 25 Jan 2023 - from €2,615.00 - Ari and South (Male - Male) - Plus Free Nitrox! (20% OFF)
- Emperor Explorer - 22 Jan 2023 - from €2,094.00 - Sharktastic (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 01 Apr 2023 - from €1,806.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 26 Mar 2023 - from €1,902.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 28 May 2023 - from €1,498.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 23 Jul 2023 - from €1,451.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Moonima - 05 Mar 2023 - from €4,819.00 - Deep South (Male-Gan) - $500 OFF! Plus Free Nitrox. Rates include discounts.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More