for art lovers: Oaga Art Resort
Best Experience for: All Inclusive, Couples, Families, Spa, Activities
A true all-inclusive holiday Oaga Art Resort is a new hospitality brand in the Maldives inspired by local history, culture and traditions. With Greatest All-Inclusive plan the island offers special experiences, benefits, and curated spaces that tell you the story of the Maldives with a style.
Nestled in North Malé Atoll, 50-minutes by speedboat from Velana International airport Oaga Art Resort has 60 cosy and intimate villas with beach and over-water accommodation, 4 dining options and a spa inspired by Maldivian traditional healing. An eclectic blend of activities and vivid impressions for curious travelers, the artistic and creative spaces ofthe island offer an immersive art experience curated by local and visiting artists, and craftsmen from the Maldives. Experience Maldivian hospitality true to its ancestral roots. Dive into the magic of the Indian ocean, art, music, and rich flavours curated just for you.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Constance Maldives - UP to 45% OFF, for stays until 29th Sep 2023
- Atmosphere resorts - 20% OFF, FULL ALL INCLUSIVE + transfers, minimum 4 nights
- Fushifaru Maldives: 40% discount & Kids STAY & EAT Free! Free Cancellation
- Amilla Escape: 30% OFF on villa rates + HB meal
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
An eclectic experience for all, Oaga Art Resort aims to provide an authentic cultural hospitality experience by immersing guests in small doses of true Maldivian art, culture, food, and heritage. The resort runs by the local family, reflecting true Maldivian hospitality, which can be felt the minute you arrive on the island.
Upon arrival to the island expect warm welcome greeting with a Maldivian dance and a refreshing drink. After, your personal butler will take you to the villa and gave a tour of the island by buggy, during which he explained the important things such as meal times, opening hours, best snorkeling spots, excursions, activities, all-inclusive options, etc.
There are two pools in total on the island, but each of the villas has its own pool and the Veyoge Gallery Villas share another pool. The main bar and pool, Raa Baa boasts of the largest hand-painted mural pool in the Maldives, designed and painted by the resort’s Rahvehi resident creatives. The resort has also incorporated the visions of many local artists in other design aspects such as their furniture and walls. There are over 300 hand-painted murals to spot on the island, ranging from walls, pools, tables, chairs and even sign posts. In addition to the Raa Baa there is an outdoor gym, 5* PADI diving school and water sports center with water sports activities. The resort shares a turquoise lagoon teeming with marine life with an other 4 islets. DOWNLOAD RESORT PLAN
The owners of the property are very involved and have managed to create an atmosphere with their team where everyone makes you feel very special. The staff is 70% locals, many of them are also artists and have diverse talents, and every corner of the island's is filled with local art.
As a concept, Oaga revolves around the philosophy of organic community growth to link you with all the amazing experiences the resort offers in creating stories together. Staff integration with guests goes beyond providing a service and you feel like part of one big family. They all show their best selves and that creates a unique experience for the guests. The all staff and an atmosphere is super friendly and you fell at home as soon as you entere the island right away.
North Malé also known as northern Kaafu is the main atoll in the Maldives, where in the first time in the country the tourism has launched. The capital of Maldives, Male City and Velana International Airport (MLE) are also located there. The close proximity of great collection of luxury 5* star resorts and budget guest houses to the country's main air gateway makes it possible for travelers to quickly and inexpensively to reach their hotels by speedboat. Diving, relaxation and surfing are the main types of outdoor activities in North Male atoll. READ MORE
Oaga Art Resort is 48 km away from Male Airport. You can reach the island by the complimentary speedboat transfer that's available for all guests. The boat jorney is only 45 minutes away!
Today, the island has 35 rooms, but will be added 15 Bodu Haruge Beach Pool Villas in March 2023 and 10 more Odi Water Villas with private pools in April 2023. The accommodation on the island is inspired by the most beloved folktales in the history of Maldives.
Recommended for couples or a family of 3, seeking to celebrate a honeymoon, anniversary, birthday or have a tranquil holiday on the best beached of the Maldives filled with new experiences, Haruge Beach Villa with Private Pool is your perfect, sunlit beach escape.
The interior of villa invites you to dive into brightly coloured murals depicting the legend of the two lovers – Dhon Hiyala aa’i Alifulhu – full of splendour, magic, and wild creatures from the deep blue sea. Facing the beautiful lagoon (sunset view) the villas are very spacious and modernly furnished rooms with a bed, open wardrobe, TV, minibar, living area, desk, coffee & tea making area, a traditional "sitting & play area" and bathroom. The bathroom has two sinks, a separate toilet and a bench. A glass door leads to the outside area, which is beautifully covered with palm trees. There is the outdoor shower.
With a high privacy due to dense vegetation the terrace equipped with two traditional Maldivian chairs with a table next to the pool. A winding path through the palm trees and bushes leads to the beach, where you'll find two loungers with umbrellas.
A mystical garden huts with an exquisite art collection Veyoge Gallery Pool Villas are located in the interior of the island. Inspired by the story of ‘Khalid and Sitti’; these villas are fashioned after the home where these lovers spent their nights. The spaces are designed to make guests feel stimulated and safe, enhanced from the outside by an invisible mirrored exterior that recalls the magic of Khalid and Sitti’s legend.
8 of the villas do not have a direct beach section in front of the front door, 3 of the villas are on the side next to the beach and 4 villas have a direct beach section. All of the 15 Veyoge Gallery Pool Villas have direct access to a unique pool, perhaps you have never seen formerly in the Maldives.
This accommodation is recommended for couples seeking to celebrate a honeymoon, anniversary, birthday. Thrill-seekers, Bucket listers, Adventurers, Art Lovers, Music Lovers, Nature Lovers.
The rooms are designed with "Art Gallery" style and contain various pieces of art by the local painters that guests can also buy. The interior of villa is very modern with comfy bed, TV, minibar, coffee maker, even a record player and bathroom. The bathroom has two sinks and a separate toilet. The shower is located outside and right next to it you have direct access to the pool. A small area of this is private and then runs through a passageway into the long pool with the path leading to the Sobi Bar.
Restaurants and Bars
Oaga Art Resort has four dining options.
An eclectic array of bustling food carts, Kaa Kada is the resort's main restaurant. A hybrid between a la carte and street food style ordering you can choose from five stalls with different themes ( Maldivian, Asian, Seafood, Grill & Italian) and each cart has 3 various main courses changing daily. A menu features detailing endless options and varying cuisines for appetisers and desserts, a food is delicious and live music sounds during all meals. The restaurant also serves snacks (pasta, pizza, burgers, sandwiches, etc.) from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. for those who would like to have a midnight titbits. If you want something special to your diet it’s a pleasure for chefs to do it.
Samaasaa is a theatrical dining experience, designed to bring together fusional, seasonal flavours and performance art. The restaurant is not included in the all-inclusive plan, but is highly recommended. There is a 5-course meal on offer and a play is performed between the different dishes. This is a beautiful Maldivian love story.
With curated collection of artisan beers and gin from around the world Sobi is a pool bar with a beer & gin garden and it is included in all inclusive. A nightlife hot spot Raa Baa is the main bar & pool with entertainment from live music to DJs, parties and bonfires on the beach. The bar also served sushi & sashimi around lunchtime and high tea in midafternoon.
Greatest All-Inclusive Plan in the Maldives
True generosity from Oaga Art Resort involves more than just food! An all-inclusive holiday includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, snack menu & high tea, one dining room service, a floating breakfast in the private pool, a beer tasting, a 50 USD discount voucher for Samaasaa, a Maldivian cooking class, a cocktail class and the minibar are also included.
Furthermore, you can make 3 different excursions including a guided house reef snorkeling trip, and non-motorised watersports and snorkeling equipment are also complimentary. You can choose between 20 min jet ski or fun tube and certified divers get a dive at the house reef for free, or newcomers get a 50% discount on an introductory dive.
There's also yoga and pilates on the beach, laundry for free every day, and a wellness experience at the spa is also included. For the art lovers there are various activities such as “creative expression”, like a painting course and also a music course where you can learn how to play the guitar for example.LEARN NORE
Finding the perfect family getaway in the Maldives? Good news: Oaga Art Resort checks all the boxes for a fab family vacation and the island can also be booked by families with children of all ages. There is a Kids Club with various educational activities for the childrens, and main restaurant offers favorite children's food for picky eaters.
With STEM based kids activities and a petting zoo – this is the place where kids can learn and have fun too!
Oaga Art Resort has been partaking in the activities on offer and new things are starting every day. If its good for your soul, do it. Something for every moment, adapted to any weather; the experiences at Oaga are abundant and guaranteed to make your heart happier by staying there. The resort's team thought about the things to enjoy most on these islands, and they have designed the perfect packages to share the most favorite moments with the guests!
Daily art classes, sound healing, breathwork, scuba diving, snorkelling, water sports, the spa the options are honestly endless and Oaga's whole family has every box ticked on a list of wants and needs every day. From the theatrical dining experience to the pop up cocktail making classes by the pool, you'll just wowed on an ongoing basis.
Join Oaga’s artists in residence for guided creativity sessions and re-connect with your inner being or explore the groovy tunes playing in your head. A bonfire experience dedicated to community and togetherness. Float-stagram presents pretty snacks galore to enjoy at your private pool!
Explore vibrant coral reefs of the island and discover the beautiful colors of the Parrotfish particularly abundant around this isle
Combines local traditions and healing practices from the Maldives along with modern touches The Hoba Spa is the first of its kind and is truly a one of a kind environment. An ancient Dhivehi word meaning kindness or balance the treatments are all derived from Maldivian practices and it feels extremely special. Their ‘Atharuge’ offers curated treatments using locally sourced and handmade oils which can be customised to your liking. Do not miss it: Hoba Aroma, Beys Foshi’ Therapies and San’dhu Moon Therapies!
The resort is run by Maldivian family. The owners of the resort are very dedicated and have managed to create an atmosphere with their team that makes you feel very special. It is a unique concept in the Maldives and we would recommend the resort to anyone. You will learned more about Maldivian culture within 24 hours of arriving at Oaga than all previous Maldives visits combined. Everything that you experience at Oaga has depth. And you feel it the minute that you arrive. This is a fun, upbeat and encouraging resort with real roots in preserving and showcasing the local heritage.
Pros: What Guests Like
- Everything is amazing
- Great location not far from Male airport
- Beautiful design
- An amazing, clean rooms with private pools and beach access
- Staff is superb! Everything is possible. Impeccable service. Personal butler - always available, but never intrusive.
- A great value - Greatest All-Inclusive Plan
- Delicious, varied and quality food and drinks
- Activities for all kind of travelers
- A divine spa
- A Maldivian bedtime story at the turndown service
What You Need to Know
- BOOK DIRECT to discover exquisite getaways in vibrant tropical destinations! A range of curated offers and discounts allows you to enjoy memorable escapes with unbeatable value.
- Oaga Art Resort is officially open this new year 2023
- Check-in 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM; Check-out Until 12:00 hours
- Children of any age are welcome.
- The island is a full premium all-inclusive resort, with a wide range of F&B outlets to cater to every mood, taste, and occasion
- If you are staying during the holiday season or a festive period, the special Gala Dinners on some nights with an extra cost.
- All guests are welcome to come and take part in the events and activities held at the resort which are covered in the events calendar. It is an all-inclusive perk!
- Art gallery of resort by suvāsthi retail gallery is now open for public viewing
- this hotel has a pool
- Oaga prohibits the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones, on or above the resort by any of guests or employees — including model aircraft by recreational users.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Carpe Diem - 09 Apr 2023 - from €1,999 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - North Male-South Male-Vaavu-South Ari-North Male (Male - Male)
- Carpe Novo - 09 Apr 2023 - from €2,435.00 - North Male - Ari - Vaavu - South Male (Male - Male)
- Carpe Vita - 08 Apr 2023 - from €2,296.00 - North Male - Ari - Vaavu - South Male (Male - Male)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 22.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- 10 Ways to Take Your Breath Away in the Maldives
- Fushifaru Maldives announces with egg-citing Easter activities for whole family
- Nova Maldives launches Community Street Food Festival
- The St. Regis Maldives welcomes chef Christophe Marleix from Le Cordon Blue
- Conrad Maldives welcomes Ayurvedic Expert Dr Gopal, elevates holistic wellness
- Niyama Maldives announces Surf Residency with Brad Gerlach
- Kuredu Maldives resort: What's new? March 2023
- Mandarin Oriental to open First Hotel in the Maldives in 2025
- Unwind in Maldives’ Most Dreamworthy resort: COMO Maalifushi
- Experience the Wonders at Anantara Kihavah with daily HB gourmet meal
- Veligandu Island Resort announces Property-wide Upgrade
- Le Méridien Maldives unnounces a New Executive Chef appointment
- 'EASTER BREAK OFFER' at Heritance Aarah
- La Dolce Vita gourmet weeks at You & Me Maldives
- An Easter Egg Hunt you wouldn’t want to miss at Oaga Art Resort
- Cora Cora Maldives announces Harry Potter-Themed Easter Program
- Things to Do on Easter 2023 at Sun Siyam resorts
- Rosewood opens Its first hotel in the Maldives
- Latest News from Vilamendhoo Island, March
- Escape to Maldives with a 4-Day Weekend at COMO Cocoa Island
- Jawakara Islands Maldives opens 1st August 2023
- Things to Do on World Art Day at Kandima Maldives
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More