Radisson Blu Resort Maldives
Best experience for: Couples, Families, spa, activities, swimming with whale shark
Radisson Blu Resort Maldives is the first Radisson Blu resort in the Maldivian market. The hotel exudes an idyllic and tranquil atmosphere, and its very private beach and over-water villas blend Maldivian design with a contemporary flourish. A fresh and contemporary resort in the Maldives, Radisson Blu offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families.
Opened on March 2020 the resort is set on the island of Huruelhi in South Ari Atoll, and is accessible by a 30-minute seaplane journey, or a domestic flight from the main Velana International Airport to the Maamigili Airport followed by a 15-minute speedboat ride.
Featuring 128 exclusive villas, including family villas and a premium overwater villa, the new Radisson Blu Resort Maldives is set to strike a balance between stylish contemporary design and a truly Maldivian resort experience with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean. Plunge into your own private pool, as all villas are home to their own pools.
Set amidst some of the most amazing coral reefs, the resort’s first-class sea sports and dive centre will offer guests an array of activities, set for adrenaline pumping action. For those seeking to rejuvenate and restore, the yoga pavilion and spa will be the ethos of wellness as moves are practiced in the tranquil surrounds of the island. Dining at the restaurants and bar on the island promise to tantalise even the most discerning palate with unique cuisines and experiences. Located in the South Ari Atol, Radisson Blu Resort is perfect for divers, with plenty of opportunities to swim with manta rays and whale sharks.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Opening Celebration Offer up to 25% OFF; Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 30 Sep 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Upon our arrival in Male airport, a hotel representative will meet you and escorted us to a private lounge prior to our seaplane transfer to the island.
The Huruelhi island is a gorgeous getaway with white sand beaches and crystal clear turquoise water. The views are exceptional, the turquoise waters dominate the landscape. The beaches are very beautiful and maintained every day. The main pool with a bar is beautiful, overlooking the sunset. The snorkeling is great. You can see lots of colorful fishes, sharks, and a sea turtle while snorkeling off the beach.
The aim of the overall design of the resort was to allow guests to feel a constant connection to the surrounding environment, with extensive use of natural materials – such as wood and stone – in its architecture. Nature itself provided the inspiration, with the layout of the buildings coming together to form shapes akin to natural organisms. View Resort Map
Striking geometry and symmetry is employed throughout Radisson Blu Resort Maldives – not just in the architecture, but also in the details of each aspect of the design. In particular, the Event Hall differs in its design language from the rest of the island, with its white colour and striking geometric shape. The Event Hall also boasts spectacular 360 views across the shimmering turquoise sea, and has a pyramidal skylight allowing daylight to flood the centre of the space, giving guests a glimpse of the clear blue sky above.
A home to LUX* South Ari Atoll, Ari Atoll also known as Alif or Alifu Atoll is one of the natural wonders of the Maldives. Being one of the largest atolls in the Maldives, it divided into two parts: North Atoll Ari and South Ari Atoll. South Ari Atoll, a Protected Marine Area, remains one of the best places in the world to see whale sharks, which are spotted year-round on the outer reef, while North Ari Atoll is famous for its hammerhead sharks, although these are far more elusive and require deep diving to see. Most of the islands are home for the luxury resorts while others are uninhabited, the rest are inhabited by local residents. Read More
Set on the private island of Huruelhi, the-5-star resort hotel can be reached by a 25-minute seaplane journey from Velana International Airport (MLE), also known as Malé International Airport, or a 20-minute domestic flight from the MLE airport to Villa Airport Maamigili (VAM), followed by a 15-minute speedboat ride to the resort.
Villas and Suites
Whether you’re visiting the Maldives to embark on world-class diving adventures or family vacation, Radisson's villa-style accommodations provide the very best of island living with private pools, stunning ocean views, and 24-hour room service. All villas include thoughtful touches like outdoor decks, sun loungers, and twin vanity counters.
Outfitted in a contemporary design, Beach Villas with Private Pool (215 m²) provide stunning views of the Indian Ocean, unobstructed access to the beach, and a private pool. Other standard amenities include an IPTV, a sofa, a daybed, a vanity kit, IDD phones, and outdoor lounge chairs.
Make the most of your island getaway in this beachfront suite, which offers stunning ocean views, a private infinity pool, and convenient beach access. Your group will appreciate the privacy afforded by three separate bedrooms, and twin vanity counters provide extra space for getting ready.
The Overwater Villas with Private Pool help you embrace island life with stunning views, a private outdoor deck, and easy access to the pristine ocean waters. The spectacular views are to die for, and the rooms are spacious architectural marvels sitting in the vast turquoise ocean with colourful underwater life. The Water Villas are spacious and clean with modern amenities (automated blackout blinds and a host of other features).
The pool is very big and the room is very private if you choose one that is facing away from the island. Sunbathe in a lounge chair next to the infinity pool as you wait for room service to deliver a refreshing cocktail, or enjoy a break from the sun while tuning in to your favorite show on the IPTV. Additional standard amenities include an overwater hammock, a daybed, a sofa, a vanity kit, twin vanity counters, and IDD phones.
Whether a family or group of friends, this 790 m² Presidential Water Villa offer the perfect space with their own outdoor deck, private spa and gym, an infinity pool, and a staircase into the ocean.
When you’re ready to explore the area, connect to free Wi-Fi and book a whale shark or dolphin cruise. If you need more sleeping space, you can request extra beds. In addition to all standard amenities, enjoy upgrades like a kitchenette and an expansive living room with a glass floor.
Restaurants and Bars
From Japanese cuisine to Mediterranean dishes spiced with Asian flair, the restaurants at the Radisson Blu Resort Maldives entice guests to try something new. The menu changes daily, there is plenty to choose from, it's varied and very tasty. You will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the dishes.
Visit Raha for an international spread for breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets, or make a reservation at Alifaan to sample grilled dishes from across the globe. Visit the Japanese restaurant, Kabuki, for a journey of discovery prepared by a specialist Japanese chefs that includes an array of beverages from both Japan and the rest of the world.
The main restaurant Raha has stunning ocean views and every day had a different set menu with variety of cuisines from oriental to mediterranean. Chef Puto will accommodate all our requests for breakfast and dinner.
Many of the resort's restaurants overlook the ocean, so order a glass of wine to sip while you take in the view. Crusoe is the Robinson Crusoe inspired adults-only bar which offers two levels of seating overlooking the beach. Prefer to dine in the privacy of your villa? The resort provides room service 24 hours a day.
Adventure awaits you at the beautiful resort, located a few minutes away from several snorkeling and diving spots.
The Dive and Water Sports Center offers a multitude of exhilarating excursions that you can enjoy.
The house reef is filled with marine life and tons of variety. The corals are untouched although slightly bleached which is now normal in Maldives.
Indulge in a rejuvenating and soothing massage at the Blu Spa, or partake in a refreshing yoga session at the Yoga Pavilion or a challenging workout session at the fitness center. The staff at the spa is absolutely amazing. All of the suites at the spa are overwater and during your massage you are able to look through the glass floor into the ocean.
Chilling out at one of the island's bars with some delectable light fare is the perfect way to end each day.
Radisson is a new resort but it has already everything you can expect. The food is delicious and the Chef extremely nice person. Resort staff is welcoming and very attentive, always available. An excellent resort to visit where they have at heart to fulfill your soul, your mind but as well your palate cravings! We definitely would recommend this resort for anyone seeking a wonderful getaway to paradise.
What's Geusts Love
- the hotel is brand new
- The staff is accommodating
- Management is very engaged and present
- Riding a bike through the island as well
- The villas are modernity of the rooms and spacious bathrooms
- The housekeeping staff is particularly wonderful and would service your room twice a day
- The pool and the net to relax in the water villa while you watch all the sealife under you it’s just an incredible experience.
- The food is nicely varied and excellent and the chef make what you want even if it is not in the menu
- cooking classes
- fridays beach bqq and on wednesday a cocktail party
- The view from the sunset facing villas is incredible
- The dive center team is absolutely great
- A huge variety of water sports options and excursions
- Snorkeling is excellent and is within a few feet away from the beach
- The spa experience is flawless
What You Need to Know
- Discover great hotel deals for the Radisson Blu Resort Maldives
- View Radisson Blu Resort Maldives New Safety Cleanliness Procedures
- Transfers (excluded from room rate and payable at resort):
Option 1: Seaplane Transfer; Duration: 30 minutes; Seaplanes operate during daylight hours only. For arrival the international flight needs to arrive before 03:30 pm and for departure the international flight needs to depart after 09:00 am.
- Option 2: Domestic Flight Transfer; Duration: 20 minutes domestic flight followed by a 15 minutes speedboat ride. Domestic flights operate throughout the day as per the schedule.
- The same method of transfer needs to be booked for arrival and departure. Please contact the hotel at least 5 days prior to arrival date to arrange the transfer, with your arrival details and full names of all guests as per the passport and the ages of children, if any. For more information about the transfer, including time and luggage restrictions, please contact the resort directly.
- Check-in from 2:00 PM, Check-out until 12:00 PM;
- All children are welcome.
- Children under 12 years of age stay free of charge.
- Radisson Blu Resort Maldives has 6 restaurants
- Since the hotel is new there is a lack of vegetation
- The sea current from the overwater villas (sunset side) is really strong
- Due to safety and privacy concerns the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones by any of guests including model aircraft by recreational users and hobbyists is prohibited.
- Whale shark excursion is must do!
- As Radisson Gold members, you can upgraded your accommodation category
- minibar options are scarce
- If you wish to stay in an overwater villa with children under the age of 12, you will need to sign a disclaimer at check-in.
- We would also recommend the night snorkeling excursion which is thrilling
- Radisson Blu Resort Maldives has won the award for the ‘Best Hotel Architecture’ among Maldivian resorts, at the 2020 International Property Awards.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Duke of York - 03 Oct 2021 - from €1,724.00 - Central Atolls (Male-Male) - Group Discount Available. Inquire for details. (19% OFF)
- Blue Shark One - 06 Nov 2021 - from €1,783.00 - Tigershark Special - For New Booking Only. Valid until August 31, 2021. (13% OFF)
- Scubaspa Yang - 21 Aug 2021 - from €1,843.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (10% OFF)
- Horizon 3 - 13 Mar 2022 - from €1,706.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - (30% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 01.08.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Amilla Maldives plans Action-Packed Autumn
- Health and Sustainability on the New Menu at Kuredu Island Resort
- Here’s How to Spend Long Weekend at Komandoo Maldives Resort
- Emirates Launches First-Ever Passenger Service From Dubai To Miami
- New Experiences are Waiting for You at Constance Halaveli
- The Maldives lands on Abu Dhabi’s Updated COVID-19 ‘Green List’
- Maldives set 96 Hours for PCR Test Result for Inbound Travellers of All Nationalities
- These 10 adult only All INCLUSIVE resorts in Maldives, are custom-made for Romance
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi to host Russian Ballet
- Get a glimpse of your tropical getaway with the Kuramathi APP
- Malahini Kuda Bandos celebrates 5 Year of Excellence and Magic
- Sun, sea, and Much more at Hondaafushi Island Resort
- Your Summer Would Be Better with Crown & Champa Resorts Collection
- Why You Should Start Dreaming About Komandoo
- New Look Naladhu Private Island to relaunch in November
- Why Upcoming Cora Cora Maldives Resort - The Hottest New opening coming soon
- Meet the new Look of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More