The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah
Best Experience: Family Holiday, Couples, Activities, Diving
The Residence Maldives at Dhigurah is adjacent to The Residence by Cenizaro’s first property in Gaafu Alif Atoll, The Residence Maldives at Falhumaafushi. The Dhigurah’s sister resort sits on neighbouring island which you can walk to across a one-kilometre bridge. Together the two islands make up one of the largest resort offerings in the Maldives.
Accessible by domestic flight transfer takes 55 minutes from Malé airport the Residence Maldives at Dhigurah offers 173 beach and water villas, each featuring its own private pool. It also use locally-sourced materials, designed to capitalise on natural lighting. Catering to families, the resort provides 12 two-bedroom beach and water pool villas, with more on-land options, designed for younger children. Dining options include all-day dining at The Dining Room, the resort’s beachfront restaurant and Li Bai, the resort’s signature Cantonese restaurant, serving classic Chinese dishes. Other resort highlights include a 42-metre infinity pool, Dive & Watersports Centre, relaxation reading lounge, fully-equipped gym, two complimentary bicycles per room for all guests, and a diverse range of water sports and land-based activities.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Anantara Exclusive FLASH SALE: Save up to 40%, Bookable from 10 Jan – Sun 17 Jan 2021; Stay from 10 Jan – Tue 21 Dec 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
On arrival to Malé airport The Residence's staff is there to meet you and escort you to the domestic terminal and check you in whereupon you can take light refreshments in the lounge. Then it is a 55 min twin prop Dash-8 flight to one of the southernmost atoll landing at Koodoo airport. There, a speedboat takes you to the tropical island where you are welcomed by the resort staff with a local coconut juice and whisked away by golf cart to their lounge for check in. All jorney is all pretty effortless. After check in, you'll introduced to your villa butler who explained everything that you needed to know about our accommodation and the resort's facilities.
The brand new resort is opened in June 2019, enabled guests to travel ( you can cycle) between the two resorts through a custom-built bridge and forming multi-islands resort offerings in the Maldives. Lavishly spacious as compared to the more intimate offering of its sister resort on the adjacent island a stroll away, Dhigurah is the ultimate island sanctuary for family get-togethers, a retreat with friends, or just about anyone looking for the perfect beachfront vacation experience.
The length of the Dhigurah island is almost 3km. The resort itself is beautiful. It really has something for everyone and is maintained very well. If you worry about lush vegetation in new opening resorts? You will never has such issue at The Residence Maldives Dhigurah The resort has kept most of the original plantations on the island and the cruising around the resort's shores either by cycling or walking is a breeze, and so comfortable! The Island is natural and very green and charming. The Dhigurah is bigger and the pool with infinity view is really stunning, perfectly for relaxation and sun-bathing. The beauty of the island is remarkable and the temperature of the sea and pool and during the day makes it one of the most memorable holidays enjoyed so far. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Tranquil seclusion awaits you in this pristine paradise. They have also a castaway island which is a 20 min boat ride away. They will pack you a lunch and it is well worth spending a few hours here on a pristine island with amazing clear water for snorkelling or that IG moment!
But the one thing that stands out at this gem of an island is the staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Today As Dhigurah is around 20% occupancy we really hope the staff will maintain the service standards as the island gets busier. All the staff are friendly and accommodating which their smiles brightens your day every time you see them at the resort.
The Residence Maldives is located in southern Maldives in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, also known as the Northern Huvadhoo Atoll, one of the largest and deepest atolls in the world. This beautiful island resort lies in the middle of the Indian Ocean next to the Equator, fringed by pristine white-sand beaches and surrounded by brilliant blue waters that boast unspoilt coral reefs and spectacular marine life.
Nestled on the idyllic island of Dhigurah in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, The Residence Maldives' setting is the closest thing to paradise. Guests, no doubt, will feel at the edge of the world, away from worldly bustle and stress. Surrounded by the azure waters of a shallow lagoon, and with lush tropical greenery, this private enclave can be easily reached via air or sea transfer from Male International Airport. Domestic Flight transfer takes 55 minutes from Male International Airport to Local Airport “Kooddoo”. Speedboat transfers take 7 minutes from Local Airport “Kooddoo” to Resort. A direct transfer from Velana International Airport to The Residence Maldives is also available via a 90-minute journey by seaplane.
Set amongst a stunning, luxuriant tropical environment, the resort has 173 spacious, deluxe villas that take you in from the moment you arrive; perfect for relaxing with your loved ones or friends. All villas have traditional Maldivian style with contemporary design and high-class amenities. With awe-inspiring views of the Indian Ocean and maximum seclusion from the outside world, it's hard not to redefine luxurious privacy here. Each villa is crafted using the finest local materials, blending the beauty of traditional Maldivian architecture with modern design and lush conveniences.
There are 3 types of accommodation: Water Pool Villa / Beach Pool Villa / Lagoon Villa. All villas have a swimming pool and are divided into sunrise and sunset. The sunset villas are facing inside the atoll (lagoon side) have good opportunities for swimming and house reef snorkeling while the sunrise villas are facing the ocean (surf) for swimming only. During the construction of the resort, extensive areas of corals were cut around the water villas (see google map)
Located over the lagoon, the Lagoon Pool Villas offer an oasis of serenity and an indulgence of comfort. 21 one-bedroom lagoon pool villas (150—155sqm) sit calmly in clear waters amid rocks and island flora with stunning views that blend into the island's idyllic setting. All rooms have a luxurious bathroom with a large bathtub and indoor and outdoor showers, a private verandah and pool, and a private garden at your doorstep.
86 one-bedroom beach pool villas (150—155sqm) enjoy private sea views nestled within lush, fragrant gardens, giving a real sense of being cocooned in the natural landscape. Sunset beach pool villas have excellent privacy. The villas are large and generous, with a separate lounge area for tv, coffee and a full size bar. The terrace has a relaxation and decking area and infinity pool views of the Indian ocean. The west facing villas enjoy a beautiful sunset perspective. The pool is a perfect temperature and is cleaned daily for any leaves/debris from the natural vegetation surrounding it. The villas are well cleaned and the towels and bed linen immaculate.
54 one-bedroom water pool villas (152sqm) perch over turquoise lagoons with panoramic ocean vistas and the relaxing sound of the waves to soothe. Each morning, expect breathtaking views from the comfort of your bedroom. One bedroom water pool villa is surrounded by clear, shallow waters and you'll easily spot colourful fish swimming within. You also will have many opportunities during your stay to snorkel within the vicinity of our villa.
Restaurants and Bars
Delight in diverse dining options to magnificent views over the horizon, featuring international favourites to local specialities spiced with exotic Asian flavours. Feast in a luscious garden setting with classic Cantonese fare, exquisitely crafted from taste to presentation. Savour the sunset as you unwind with a refreshingly cool mojito by the poolside bar. Sail away to a dreamy dinner by moonlight on your own private island attended by a personal chef. Experience the eclectic tastes of global cuisine at our resort restaurants on the islands of Dhigurah and Falhumaafushi and expand your dining horizons on a journey of flavours across the Mediterranean to Asia.
Offering both indoor and outdoor seating with spectacular views, The Dining Room is the resort's main bufet restaurant opens for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Inspired by Eastern and Western flavours, international delights and family favourites are skilfully prepared by the chefs. Full children’s menu is available. Breakfast in the Dining Room - beach shack, and this is a great buffet from all that you can start a good day. If you like an omelet made according to your requirements, decadent chocolate crepe or just coconut juice, or fresh coffee with baking or two, everything is ready for feasting and enjoyment, looking at the soft circle of the early tide. In the evening, you can choose a buffet or a special menu, including a pot of seafood - lots of ocean treasures, such as lobsters, crabs, mussels and huge juicy shrimps. All of them are served from the side and with your choice of sauce. The variety of dishes offered is really excellent - even a week spent here will not be boring.
You'll surprise by the authentic Cantonese food offered at Li Bai while the Spanish offerings (We highly recommend the paella) at Costa Del Sol is a welcome change from the usual grub found at beach bars. You need a short bike ride to Falhumaafushi on one of the nights to dine at The Falhumaa, a fine dining venue set at the end of a long jetty, against a dramatic backdrop of the setting sun and were treated to a sumptuous selection of menu items.
The Beach Bar / Casa Del Sol which was strategically placed to frame a dramatic sunset over the island. The lounge music was modern and current but a little too “ background”. The playlist is focussed on lounge music which suited the setting well. The cocktails are imaginatively made with some very good twists in some classics.
Libai is the Cantonese fine dining restaurant. Portions were on the smaller side and they currently only have a set menu available which changes every day. A la carte is expected to start later this year. The staff at Libai is amazing.
An overwater signature restaurant, The Falhumaa is spectacularly located at the end of a 230m long jetty above the reef. With the very generous serving sizes and the quality of the food the menu features western cuisine with the emphasis on fresh seafood and grilled meats complemented by fine wines from around the world. Expect a romantic meal under the stars like no other focussed on European dining on the Faluma Fushi side of the island.. The bar is a relaxed and intimate setting for aperitifs and after-dinner liqueurs.
A variety of 24-hour private dining options are also available with the emphasis on romance. Couples can dine alone together beneath the stars either on a beach or the private terrace of their luxury villa. A private castaway island also awaits for a real Robinson Crusoe experience. The options are limited only by your imagination.
Kids Club is a great place for the youngest guests to play and make new friends, entertained with daily games, crafts and activities. (For children 3 to 12 years of age.) Kids Club opens every day from 9am to 7pm, with meal options available. In 2018 The Residence has launched an all-new ‘Little Explorer' package, showcasing fun and inspirational family and child friendly experiences.
For water babies, the resort is on hand with snorkelling equipment to explore the nearby reef where families can spot eagle rays, green turtles and parrotfish. The calm sea makes the Maldives one of the greatest adventure playgrounds — sail a catamaran, speed through the water on a kayak or attempt to balance while windsurfing.
After a busy day of swimming and exploring, little ones can escape to The Spa by Clarins to experience the resort's new kid's spa menu.
Starting from USD 148++per child, the Maldives Little Explorer Package includes a diving lesson with the PADI Five-Star School, complimentary use of non-motorised water sports and snorkelling equipment, and one children's spa treatment.
Euro-Divers at The Residence Maldives offers PADI courses of all levels. Join for some great dives or expand your diving horizon by completing a course under the attentive care of our experienced diving instructors. Most dives sites are from 5 minutes to less than one hour from the resort. The boat journey by dhoni makes diving trips even more enjoyable.
Certified divers will find over 30 dive sites near by. The sites will accommodate divers of all levels. Grey reef and leopard sharks are often encountered here. Napoleons, eagle rays and turtles are permanent residents. The house reef is a spectacular dive site and ideal as well for snorkeling. Bottle nose dolphins are known to patrol the reef!
Activities and Pampering
Regardless of whether you want to explore the Reef Falhumaa on a kayak with a transparent bottom or go snorkeling, there is always a lot of activity offers if activity is your forte. One place that can not be missed is Marine Life Activity Centre and the Euro-Divers Dive Centre. The beautiful lagoons are ideal for different water sports activities. Some unexplored and even uninhabited islands nearby are just waiting to be discovered. There are several excursions such as “Starry Night Cruises”, fishing trips, excursions by jet ski, Traditional Maldivian Dohni Excursion and “Local Island Experience” you can join. As for water sports; jet ski, windsurfing, wakeboard, water skiing, stand up paddle and catamaran are part of the program.
Snorkeling looks pretty good on the quieter side, inside the atoll (west), but too rough to go over the edge of the reef to another, oceanic side. The main bonus for some will be the famous surf spot in the neighborhood.
Divine relaxation can be found in Spa by Clarins - this is the first and only spa in the Maldives from this exclusive brand. Anyone who knows this name knows his fame for being a pioneer in using the purity of plants, and the fact that the treatment rooms are also located over the water expands the sense of closeness to nature. In fact, the abundant use of glass almost makes you feel that you are swimming in the space between the sea and the sky, and this feeling is intensified after you have undergone a procedure - their branded massage gives you incomparable bliss, so after you have enjoyed it aromatic tea on the outer deck, you will feel almost weightless. Here, also, morning yoga classes take place, while the golden ball of the sun rises above the horizon - an unforgettable impression.
And for an unforgettable moment, do not miss a dolphins sunset cruise. You can only marvel at the surprise and unbridled ecstasy when you approach the pack and are suddenly surrounded by literally hundreds of dolphins dancing solely for the sake of joy. Moreover, during this wildlife theater in the background, the sunset plays with fiery colors, pouring in gold, perfectly complementing the unforgettable moment.
In short a beautiful stay with fantastic staff. Everything brand new and occupancy low so staff to guest ratio very high and service levels match this. The all villa concept and the sheer beauty the resort makes it pretty good value, especially good food and drink options and plently of free watersport included.
Pros: What Guests Love
- beautiful island with lush vegetation
- The sunset water villa is awesome
- free bicycles
- Food is amazing and delicious
- staff is attentive and friendly
- free yoga classes
- Amazing over-water spa by Clarins
- The main pool is just great with stunning restaurant cafe del sol and the best sunset views
Things to Know before You Go
- The Residence Maldives is a scenic 55-minute flight from Malé to Kooddoo Airport followed a short 5-minute speedboat transfer to the tropical paradise.
- Check-in 14:00 - 00:00; Check-out Until 12:00 hours;
- Note that Dhigurah is not yet on the loyalty scheme
- Children of any age are welcome. Thу resort great for Kids , with family accommodation, huge kids club TURTLE / outdoor activities for kids and also nanny services
- All Villas with private pools - Water Pool Villa / Beach Pool Villa and Lagoon Villa, recommend to take sunset villa
- Lot of choice of restaurants and also can dine in next resort Falhumafushi
- if you dont want to spend more it's better to book the all inclusive meals & drinks.
- The bridge that connect The Residence Maldives Dhigurah with their sister property is a great view and best selfie spot!
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the resort
- Multilingual concierge
- There is a buggy service around the island
- Complimentary fruits, sorbets and ice lollies by the poolside for the guests
- There are 2 cast away islands for private moments and sun downers
- There is a fly issue when outside of the villa (al fresco lunch/dinner/by the pool). The staff is regularly fogging the island and provide fly/mozzie repellant during dining times and candles to repel flies when dining outside.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (10.01.21) in Maldives
- Conte Max - 31 Jan 2021 - from €1,303.00 - The Best Five/Male-Laamu (MLE-MLE) - $1060 OFF Plus Free Nitrox! Rates include discounts.
- Carpe Diem - 06 Feb 2021 - from €841.00 - North Male - South Ari - Meemu - Vaavu - South Male (Male - Male) - (50% OFF)
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Scubaspa Ying - 13 Feb 2021 - from €2,014.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (15% OFF)
- Princess Sara - 13 Mar 2021 - from €1,331.00 - Classic Route - Early Bird Special! (25% OFF)
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 13.01.2021
- Unforgettable Experiences complimented by Exclusive Hospitality in the Maldives: Waldorf Astoria launches Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa To Debut In September 2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- Reethi Faru Resort takes Environmental initiatives a next level
- Kanuhura gets Health Security Verification from Sharecare, Forbes Travel Guide
- Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi kick start in 2021 with Special Offer
- Maldives Padel Tennis Opens at Kudadoo Private Island and Hurawalhi
- German celebrity Dieter Bohlen vacations in the Maldivess
- The Nautilus Maldives launches Full Moon Crystal Singing Bowl meditation
- Wreck Diving in Addu atoll
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- 10 Things to consider when Booking a Hotel in the Maldives
- Fresh start: Vakkaru Maldives offers bespoke Ayurveda programmes to balance Mind, Body and Soul
- Hurawalhi Island's 5.8 Undersea Restaurant to host Two Michelin-starred Chef Stefan Heilemann
- Baros Maldives celebrates Fifteen Years of Fine Dining
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives opens Sangu Stories podcast channel
- Patina Maldives beautifies horizon with biophilic Design concept
- 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Honeymoon in Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More