The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Luxury Resort Maldives
Best Experience: Water Villas, Couples, Family, Spa, Beaches
Updated Jul, 2020
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, the flagship property in The Sun Siyam Resorts’ collection, is located in the northern Noonu Atoll, and is accessible by a 40-minute seaplane flight from the Maldives main Malé Airport. After a period of management of the Hilton hotel chain, the Maldives proprietor and entrepreneur, Siyam, turned Iru Fushi into the first of its own brand, Sun Siyam Luxury Resorts. Since he was born and raised in this atoll, there is a particularly good exchange and integration with the neighboring islands.
Surrounded by seemingly untouched environs of the scenic Noonu atoll, this 221-room resort offers what is arguably the best local resort in the country, including 2 swimming pools, diving center PADI , and the awarded largest spa in the country. The hotel also offers rates that are among the most competitive in the Maldives for this level of 5-star luxury, but it is important to note that the prices of food and beverages rose very quickly. Most of the clean and modern beach villas stand along the white sands and are separated by tropical vegetation; meanwhile, water villas (for guests from 12 years old) have separate terraces with direct access to the turquoise sea. On the 21-hectare island you can enjoy water sports and there are interesting excursions for all ages, as well as divу school, and for couples there is a detached swimming pool “for adults only” and a romantic dinner at candlelit fine restaurants. Families should note that this is one of the few luxury resorts in the Maldives that has a kids club and babysitting services.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
The luxury experience like no other at The Sun Siyam begins the same for all guests: after landing in Malé, guests headed by a hotel representative to a private lounge at the seaplane terminal, to wait for the next ftrip. After a long international flight, this is a luxurious and slightly surreal respite on sofa cushions with soft drinks, coffee and snacks. Expect free Wi-Fi and a free 10-minute massage.
This is followed by the final flight by seaplane; we recommend a window seat and a camera at the ready! The resort is located in the northern part of the Maldives archipelago in Noonu atoll, 110 km from Male airport, travel time is 45 minutes. After landing on the water, guests disembark from a seaplane and they are welcomed by a smiling team of local staff, in white uniforms for a solemn meeting, which makes the guests feel like kings. Here, guests are introduced to their personal butlers and escorted along the picturesque, winding jetty for the first acquaintance with the island.
The registration process is not at the reception, but near the beach with a welcome drink in hand and overlooking a shimmering sapphire waters. Then a short excursion by golf-cart to your villa. Thanks to the "Hilton" roots, there are many Americans in the hotel than in other Maldives resorts, although Chinese and Russian markets are growing today. The resort is very large and new, but without crowding. Restaurants and leisure facilities are scattered in several key areas, but nonetheless easily accessible and easy to navigate on the island. Plan to walk via the island's sandy paths that measured 1500 mx 450 m, or you can use the electric car on call (or through the butler). DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Surrounded by comfy sunbeds, there are two outdoor swimming pools on the island: a family pool with a children's area inside the island (usually a noisy place), and Reflections swimming pool on the beach, that's for adults only. This resort's area has nightly happy hours, and good music for more romantic vibes. Both pools serve food and drinks.
Surrounded by miles of powdery white beach, aquamarine lagoon and lush, tropical vegetation, the stunning and secluded The Sun Siam Iru Fushi is located on the private island of Noonu Atoll, where Maldivian life continues as it has done for centuries. The main city, Malé, where Velana International Airport is located is 45 minutes by seaplane. Yuo can use the designated seaplane lounge while waiting for the seaplane boarding call. Representatives of The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi are also available at the airport arrival counter number 21 or 22 round-the-clock.
Villas and Retreats
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi has 221 luxury accommodation options available, including 3 exclusive retreats, ready to welcome you for an indulgent weekend, week, or even longer. The hotel brand is all about the sense of prestigious living. Rooms, for example, will make you feel like an aristocrat. They are spacious and expertly laid out with high-quality furniture and amenities from the deck to the half-open bathroom. Not surprisingly, all the guests here love their rooms. All villas come with complimentary 24/7 care so you can relax in your private pool and admire the view without having to move a muscle. All of the accommodation features sitting areas, spacious bathrooms, and private terraces. Nevertheless, there is plenty to choose from. The side with the main pier is more crowded than the other, with seaplanes and boats.
It is also difficult to find beach accommodation with a good beach and lagoon vistas, partly because of the screen of palm trees and shrubs and also because most of the rooms have a curved layout to accommodate a larger number of villas on the shore. This format sometimes creates intricate paths into the island, which pedestrians have to share with electric cars.
This 52-acre private island is inhabited by individual villas much more than in most Maldives resorts. And since the hotel was opened in 2009, it seems newer than some others. Most of the villas sit under thatched roofs and are scattered along the shore's sandy edge. Water Villas are located in rows along a separate jetty, and only for guests 12 years and older (this rule is common in the Maldives for security reasons; families with kids who really want to stay in water villas should check out Centara Grand Island Resort).
The décor is of low design, but the villas are clean and modern with open plan, black and white furnishings, and purple accents. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV, Bose sound system and free Wi-Fi. Guests are welcomed with a bottle of wine (VIP guests with Moët) and fruit. Drinking water in glass bottles, and at night, while preparing the room for bedtime, the bottles are renewed and you will find chocolate next to the bed. Minibar for a fee, like Nespresso, but instant coffee and tea are free. The outdoor bathrooms are quite romantic and spacious with separate baths, indoor / outdoor showers, and toiletries and double sinks. All villas are equipped with bathrobes and slippers.
Beach villas are the main accommodation category and equipped with glass doors that's leading to private deck chairs along the beach. Deluxe Beach Pool Villa is ideal for romantics, with a large private pool hidden from prying eyes (albeit within hearing limits). Families who want to have their own pool should choose Pool Beach Villa - these villas with a pool for safety limit access for kids, and the private pool can only be accessed through the master bedroom.
Water villas have an open living room, and a bedroom with a private terrace and steps that go down to the blue lagoon. Horizon Water Villas are equipped with a private hot tub on the deck, some of them facing the sunset. Infinity Water Villas have a multi-level terrace with a private infinity pool.
Pricely types of accommodation are composed by 5-star Hidden Retreat and Aqua Retreat. These accommodation is perfect for a luxury family or group holiday in the Maldives, both options come with two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Aqua Retreat has its own infinity pool, 2 king size bedrooms, a separate living area and kitchenette, and the glass panel floor and of course the private Jacuzzi. Celebrity Retreat is a two-story, three-bedroom house for groups of up to 10 people with a private pool.
The island has a lot of white sand, and several beaches, almost all around the island, but the best beach is located on the western side, that is, towards the pier and at both ends. Unfortunately, there is some erosion at various spots and thus a regular collapse occurs in certain places and seasons. Today, the low lagoon's wall is also built all around the island to the edge of the reef. The drop off is located quite close, almost completely around the island that's very convenient for snorkeling from any water villa especially near the end of the jetty - a mask and snorkel for free. The atoll is a novelty for resorts and therefore expect good diving on new sites that few people have visited.
Restaurants and Bars
With over 14 dining and bar destinations, there are an impressive dining options on the island, although the menu prices are high even for a luxury resort. This is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives and here guests have a wider choice of food and beverage options. On the other hand, the buffet breakfast is one of the best and varied in the country. There is an excellent selection of dishes, with huge portions of healthy food, hot dishes and pastries, as well as a fine assortment of Maldives food. Be prepared to pay more, although ... prices above average are largely due to the high cost of transporting products to the island.
14 restaurants and bars are scattered throughout the island. The main buffet is located in the Iru restaurant, and guests will often enjoy this place, especially those who are half-full-board. The impressive food choices change daily and include meal made from local organic produce, seafood and a lot of pastries; culinary stations and themed evenings (Maldives nights every Friday) give guests a sense of diversity in eating habits and give up the diet. The Flavors is a stylish restaurant with an open overwater terrace serving Asian fusion and French fare, while at the beach Islander’s Grill you'll find all the most delicious things that can be prepared from meat and fresh grilled seafood. Additional restaurants serve Mediterranean, Japanese and Indian dishes and there is also a vegetarian menu. In the spa you will find the cafe for fans of a healthy lifestyle, with fruit smoothies, green teas and healthy snacks. La Cremeria soffee & ice-cream is a venue with a wide selection of ice cream and desserts.
Discover eastern traditions and Japanese dining at Tappanyaki. This restaurant is hidden beneath palm trees and tropical bamboo, providing oceanside authentic Japanese cuisine cooked in front of you and complemented with a fine choice of sake.
Laid-back oceanside dining with a mix of local ingredients and Italian flavors at Trio restaurants. Featuring various seating levels over the lagoon, enjoy incredible cocktails complemented by a mouth-watering selection of classic and contemporary dining creations.
Wine lovers will appreciate the rich wine cellar, which is filled with rows of premium bottles, including rare wines and champagnes. Guests can buy their favorite brands and stock them with a refrigerator in their villa. The wine list is very well thought out. For each particular restaurant, initially selected wine from the top 100 vineyards in the world. These restaurants are very popular, and for greater confidence you will need to book in advance.
Offering an array of Asian cuisine, Bamboo is the beach terrace restaurant that's perfect location for private dining with a total capacity of 34. With indoor and outdoor seating areas, it is an impeccable venue to celebrate with friends and family. Indulge in Asian noodles, soups, and curries for lunch or dinner.
Bubble Lounge offers a chic corner to enjoy snacks, as well as wine and champagne in glasses. Near the main jetty is La Cremeria, where you can find ice cream, sorbet, fresh juices and milkshakes. It is possible to organize private dinners in your villa or at romantic places around the island.
During the day, The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is a real playground where guests are scattered around enjoying the ocean or one of the two swimming pools. Sunset is the main event and drinks can be enjoyed at Reflection Pool bar (for adults only) or in the main lobby. This part of the resort is adults (16+) only, allowing you to chill out in the peace and quiet with gourmet light food and a 2-for-1 happy hour at sunset. At dusk, the resort turns into an ultra romantic place with guests dressed in all the best (ladies do not need to worry about high heels). In restaurants live acoustic music sounds, playing modern hits.
After dinner, there is a nightly entertainment program in the lobby (almost every night a disco), but like most Maldives resorts, nightlife is not the main point. The best program after dark is walks along the beaches and jetty, or perhaps a good evening with a glass of wine at one of the many bars.
This is a resort that will improve with each season, as they carefully listen to their guests and try new ideas and adapt old ones. A good example is a take-away coffee and ice cream shop in the island’s commercial area. It stands close to the pier, and is convenient for taking something with you on an excursion. Another good example of adaptation is thetransformation of a cigar bar into a champagne and oyster bar.
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is the perfect place for a family holiday in the Maldives. There are all facilities for child care, including a kids club and babysitting services. The well-run Koamas Kidz Paradise Kids Club is a rare feature among the luxurious resorts in the Maldives for children aged three to 12 years, offers exciting activities and has a separate children’s swimming pool. Nearby there is also an excellent game room for teenagers. Children are always welcome here, there are many special facilities, kids menu at the main restaurant, kids spa treatments, Indoor recreation center with board games, PS games, library and favorite children's snacks including ice cream in various cafes. Water sports activities to enjoy banana boat rides, guided snorkeling, paddling and much more! Babysitting services are available 24 hours at an additional cost. Parents are likely to enjoy evening entertainment with live music in the restaurant, or the oceanfront bar after dinner with a disco or karaoke.
At the same time, couples are provided with their own children-free area. It is surrounded by the magnificent reflections pool, a beautiful shady spot overlooking a wide beautiful beach.
Things to Do
The watersports center is located on the beach next to the main jetty and offers snorkeling gear, catamarans, kayaking, sup, windsurfing, kitesurfing, and banana rides. There are many excursions on the offer, such as snorkeling & kayaking safaris, dolphin watching, romantic champagne cruises and much more. The multilingual Sun Diving center is located at the end of the main pier and offers standard diving courses as well as group and individual dive trips to the unique the Noonu Atoll's dive sites (more than 30 spots). For fans of snorkeling (mask and fins for free) it is useful to know that closer to the Flavors restaurant they will find a large cluster of corals.
For those who prefer active leisure on land, the island has a tennis court, beach volleyball and badminton, a lounge with table tennis, billiards, board games and a karaoke lounge. 24-hour fitness center with cardio-mashines and panoramic windows and plenty of natural light. There is space for group classes that are held daily.
The local inhabited islands have not been used for tourist purposes for a long time, so this is a good chance to see the Maldives life as it has been for centuries. Sun Siyam Iru Fushi has very good relationships with local communities and, in particular, the local school and the organization of women in the neighboring island. Some of the local women work as chefs, and there is one Maldives sommelier here.
For Weddings & Honeymoon
The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi offers an unforgettable setting for the wedding of your dreams. Whether you have come to the island for a lavish wedding celebration or an intimate exchange of vows, you and your guests will find the beauty of our island paradise to be the perfect backdrop. The resort has its own photo studio that offers guests various services: individual photo and video of wedding ceremonies, honeymoon, family holidays and any other events. The range of services studio includes the creation of hairstyles for brides and makeup. It is also possible to hire wedding dresses and accessories for the duration of the ceremony and / or photo shoot.
An award winning, The Spa by Thalgo is the largest in the Maldives and equipped with 20 treatment rooms, each named after different colors. The atmosphere of individual zones designed as natural sanctuaries for relaxation, made in the style of natural corners, where you can relax a bit before a full regeneration of the body. The resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides the guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Traditional Chinese and Maldivian healing methods include acupuncture, canned massage, pedicure with live fish, and combine deep scientific knowledge with natural methods of treatment.
Pools for hydrotherapy, steam and saunas will be a great addition to therapeutic procedures. The spa has an Ayurveda doctor who can make an appointment. Individual yoga classes are held, which can be adapted to any levels and goals of the trainees and, if desired, may also include the practice of meditation.
Reviews for the Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Luxury Resort are very good, perhaps even better than you'd expect for a former Hilton. This is a proper 5-star resort with all the amenities, and reviewers compliment the huge size of the rooms, the service, the setting, and the food in the restaurants. Many guests say that they would recommend this resort to their family and friends. The one negative that some mention is the food price, but that's a common complaint for Maldives' resorts, especially ones in the top price category.
... Amazing”, “This resort is breathtaking.”, “Idyllic Location ! Close to Heaven whilst still alive to enjoy it ! ”, “Excellent, relax place to stay. Great restaurants”, “Beautiful private beach pool villas that we will want to visit again.”, “Great place to stay ”, “Paradise exists”, “It was a near perfect holiday i really enjoyed it”, Superb, “Luxurious ”, “fabulious”, “Very nice place, amazing beaches with coral. Will come back.”, “Third visit and will be back for”, “Great experience!”, “THIS PARADISE ... I will name it : “the amazing blue planet “:)”....
Pros: What the Guest Love
- Spectacular private island with a great location
- Welcoming at the hotel. The staff is friendly and very dedicated.
- Attentive service throughou
- Rooms are fabulously comfortable, new, clean, very luxurious and spacious. The best location for beach villas are rooms from 297-300.
- Gifts to the newlyweds like a excursions, deposits in the Spa, champagne and fruits
- Beautiful beach with white and clean sand.
- Two outdoor swimming pools: one for adults and one for families
- A great luxury spa
- Family facilities
- An impressive array of (pricey) dining options and fine wines
- Food varied and quality. A hearty breakfasts.
- PADI dive center and access to lesser-explored sites
What You Need to Know
- Sun Siyam Resorts has launched a new health and safety programme ahead of the reopening of its resorts in 2020. The Sun Siyam Cares programme is based on guidance from the World Health Organisation and national authorities, and is designed to offer guests a minimal contact experience.
- The resort is located in the northern Maldives archipelago in Noonu Atoll, 45 minutes by seaplane
- Check-in From 14:00; Check-out to 12:00
- All children are welcome.
- Pricey food and drinks
- Island is only accessible via costly 45-minute seaplane flight
- Outdoor furniture might show weathering
- In-room Nespresso machines come with a fee
- A lot of mosquitos
- The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives has been named the best Luxury Villa Resort in Indian Ocean at the 2017 World Luxury Hotel Awards.
- In 2018, The Spa by Thalgo at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi has been recognised as the Best Unique Experience Spa in Indian Ocean.
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More