The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort
Best Experience for: Water Villas, Couples, Families, Snorkeling with Manta Rays, Wellness
The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort is a newest luxury property located in Baa atoll, the only UNESCO biosphere reserve in the Maldives. The resort, Westin Hotels & Resorts’ first hotel in the Maldives opened its shores to guests in October 2018. With a combination of 70 superb overwater and island villas, the resort takes inspiration from the “shape of the water”, the marine life of the atoll and the elements of water, sun, and wind. The resort has been designed to maximise environmental sustainability whilst providing a supremely luxurious and tranquil Maldivian escape.
Nestled on a beautiful coral island with a perfect white sand beachres, guests of the resort will experience a tranquil escape with uninterrupted ocean and pristine turquoise lagoon views. The Westin dazzles with its luxe, marine-inspired design, culinary mastery and facilities that include an over-water spa, and a superb fitness centre that will even lend you training shoes and clothes. Its eco credentials also impress, with reverse-osmosis water filtration and solar power among the initiatives. From the atoll’s most desirable locale, guests are in close proximity to landmarks such as the Hanifaru Bay, which is known as the largest cluster of manta rays globally.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - UP TO 45% OFF with additional benefits
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF: BEST AVAILABLE RATES
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- NOKU MALDIVES: - 4th Anniversary 40% OFF offer!
- Adaaran resorts: - Last Minute OFFER with Maximum Flexibility
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
This resort is beyond spectacular, and the perfect way to experience the Maldives. From the minute you arrive at Male airport, you are picked up by incredible the Westin Team who escort you to the seaplane. Before jorney you can relax at the Westin luxury lounge with complementary light refreshments and food. Also here you can make check-in at the hotel. On the way to the island, you can stop at another resort to drop off guests. Being greeted at the dock at The Westin Miriandhoo by the staff waving with refreshments and cool towels is a real treat for all senses.
Developed by Belluna Co. Ltd, Japan and Asia Capital PLC, Sri Lanka, The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort heralds the Westin brand’s wellness positioning in the Maldivian oasis. The Westin is definitely different from other resorts. The resort being so new, everything is pristine, sparkling, and the spectacular views from every inch of the island. The Overwater villas are spacious and flooded with daylight and are set up in a very contemporary clean design and layout where you can capture you perfect Instagram pictures. The Island Kitchen and the Library on top offer lots of open space and comfort you eyes with a clear and calm design. There a plenty of lovely books to choose and even a rainy afternoon can be spent with browsing through some interesting books about the underwater world, architecture or luxury watches. Absolutely perfect!
Led by award-winning Milan-based architects PEIA Associati, the resort’s design takes inspiration from the ocean with a visionary approach towards environmental sustainability. All elements of the resort’s design take inspiration from the environment from the use of natural materials, such as unique shells to the movement and flow of marine life including sea turtles and whale sharks, providing guests with a link to the region’s exceptional enchantment. An aerial view of The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort reveals an outline in the shape of a fish — a distinctive reflection of the beauty of surrounding marine life — while the arrival jetty is structured to resemble clamshells and the oceans’ waves.
Peia Associati’s architects leapt into Miriandhoo’s deep blue sea and drew inspiration from its treasures, creating villas that look like turtles heading out to sea; a jetty that seems ready to set sail, and a pearl-white spiral staircase that resembles a shell. There’s a fluidity of form and an elegance that feels thoroughly European, but which still blends seamlessly with the lush Maldivian gardens, silken sands and tropical sunsets – best enjoyed with cocktails from the sexy, rooftop Sunset Bar.
Elsewhere, sustainability initiatives meld organically into the whole – surplus sewage pipes form the backbone of a living wall, and the shipping containers that brought construction materials to the island have been used to make the kids' club.
Wellness is at the heart of The Westin’s philosophy and its services and facilities are geared towards helping you eat, sleep, move, play and feel better. This is done in all sorts of delightful ways, from the specially developed Westin ‘Heavenly’ beds and the treatments at the spa, to the extensive range of healthy but indulgent meal options and specially tailored fitness classes. Expect great service from staff who will do their utmost to ensure you’ll want to come back. You’ll also have your ownthakaru, or concierge, to look after you.
All staff very friendly and have service mind. You can feel it they service from the heart not just do for a job. The staff genuinely seem to care that you have a wonderful experience staying at their hotel, and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure it. When the staff ask you how you're doing, it doesn't feel like they're just being polite or making small talk, they really want to know how your day has been, and whether they can do anything to make it even better.
A 30-minute seaplane ride from Malé’s international airport will bring you to Miriandhoo Island, The Westin’s paradisal spot in Baa Atoll – the only Unesco biosphere reserve in the Maldives. It is teeming with so much marine life that you can see it from dry land: you might spot dolphins leaping through the waves as you’re having breakfast and eagle rays floating past your villa in afternoon. Within feet of Miriandhoo’s golden shores are intricately laced reefs where clown triggerfish, powder-blue surgeonfish and countless other species will treat you to a live episode of Blue Planet. Hanifaru Bay, a favourite feeding station for manta rays, and an equally favourite mating point for whale sharks is 45 minutes away by boat.
Villas and Suites
The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort features 70 villas and suites. There are 41 gorgeous on-island and 29 over-sea villas in six categories, ranging from a one-bedroom villa with pool, to a two-bedroom, three-bathroom garden residence with a kitchenette. Most have pools and all have ocean views, enormous ‘Heavenly’ beds, outdoor rain showers, original artworks and quality amenities. Each villa is shaped with an eco-friendly double roofing to create the perfect natural ventilation. Outdoor rainforest showers are a distinctive feature. Poised over the sea on stilts and with an area of almost 200 square meters each, the overwater suites are among the largest a resort has to offer in the Baa Atoll region. Suites and Villas set on the island's north side have the best beaches, but villas on the south shore catch more sun. If you like to snork direct from your sundeck take the overwater suites near island's western tip. The overwater suites that set island's eastern tip facing shallow lagoon and the surf. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
The villas iare very new, and absolutely beautiful. We stayed in an island 1 bedroom villa, and we loved having our own plunge pool, and access to the beach just a few feet away. The villa was super modern, and clean, with all the amenities your heart might desire. The bathrooms were spacious, with gorgeous lighting. We especially loved the Japanese toilet, as well as a secluded outdoor shower. Nespresso coffee machine, and a citrus hand juicer were nice additions to all the other amenities - an afternoon fresh squeezed orange juice made for a nice refresher in afternoon heat. And, we really appreciated that the coffee capsules and the oranges were replenished daily.
For complete experience we recommend to book an overwater suite with private pool, which is amazing and very spacious. It has one Master bed and additional single bed for your kid in a separate section with room divider. The private pool even though not deep enough for adults, but very comfortable to stay in the water while enjoying the seaview from the pool.
The suite is very well decorated and well maintained. The bed, the shower room, the bath-up are all have direct view to the sea. The suite is equipped with water boiler, orange juice maker, sufficient number of electrical outlets, good internet connection, and other things that guests might need.
Restaurants and Bars
One of the main highlight of this resort is the restaurants: Island Kitchen (for breakfast and dinner for those taking halfboard or fullboard package); Hawker (seafood restaurant); and The pearl (Japanese restaurant). Executive chef Jason Millar (who has worked with Raymond Blanc and Jason Atherton) has staffed his three restaurants with a talented team whose intuitive understanding of the region’s flavours and spices goes far beyond what can be taught. Everywhere the food is of high quality and the design of the setting is amazing. All restaurants don’t need reminding about their various no cucumber, no lactose, no egg, no gluten, soy milk on the side directives. The breakfast buffet is great, lots of variety and everyday there are a variety of fresh juices available. The halboard package comes with free non-alcoholic mocktail or fresh juice and free flow of still or sparkling water.
The Island Kitchen is airy restaurant overlooking the hotel's pool. The all-day dining experience at Island Kitchen stays true to the Westin brand’s Eat Well brand pillar through a balanced menu combining Chinese, Indian and Maldivian fare. The breakfast buffet is really HUGE and you have a variety of foods and beverages to choose from spanning different ethnic cuisines . The hot food selection change everyday. If even you have some dietary restrictions due to religious/health reasons (i.e. vegan, gluten-free) the kitchen staff, led by executive chef Gurav C. and his culinary team will be more than willing to accommodate the guest's requests and prepare several excellent and mouth watering dishes without hesitation. They have healthy smoothies, fresh coconut water juices with masala tea – good food in pristine surroundings - can't beat it. The Island Kitchen serves the finest tuna ceviche you’ve ever tasted and the best prawn curry. Try the Maldivian tuna fish with the parata or special Nasi Lemak filled with shrimp rendang, egg, and cucumber - very delicous.
The Pearl is the resort’s specialty restaurant and is ideal for indulging in exquisite Japanese cuisine with exceptional ocean views. The restaurant offers a refined Japanese menu with a focus on seafood and fresh local ingredients. We recommend booking The Pearl sushi restaurant before sunset so you can watch the sun set over the Island (We had a pod of dolphins swim by as well, WOW!)
At Hawker, guests can sample authentic Asian street food with a live kitchen in a casual bustling atmosphere. You must try here the soft shell crab - its really delicious.
Adjacent to the Library and overlooking the azure blue Indian Ocean, Sunset Bar is a relaxed lounge serving tapas and imaginative cocktails.
Designed to cater to the way modern families travel, the Westin Family Kids Club® offers reimagined family experiences that are tied back to the brand’s wellness positioning for young guests between the ages of 4-12 years. Some of the activities includes nature walks, family-style runs and water activities.
Activities and Pampering
Directly from the beach, guests can explore the house reef with colourful marine life and be surrounded by thousands of tropical fish. Miriandhoo is a turtle sanctuary, and guests can easily and often see turtles nesting along the white beaches. Reef sharks, lion fish, manta rays and often whale sharks all reside in the Baa atoll. The stunning experience of the underwater world can be explored while snorkelling, diving, fishing and parasailing.
A major part of a Maldives holiday for a some guests is the watersports, the coral and the marine life. Obviously animal sightings and water clarity can be different depending on the season and just based on luck. There is plenty to explore just from the house reef, expect to see dolphins, stingrays, a turtle, lobsters, some small reef sharks (harmless) and plenty of interesting fish including a huge Napoleon wrasse. We also recommendede two excursions, one to Hanifaru Bay (a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve) to swim with mantas, and one to swim with turtles both of which are amazing experiences.
On the land guests can stay active with the 24-hour Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Studio sprawled across two levels that features weight machines, free weights, and cardio equipment that faces personal flat-screen televisions; The gym on the property is well equipped, and the fitness instructors are very knowledgeable, and helpful. There are outdoor pool and recreation ground with tennis, volleyball, basketball options on the Island. Booking the courts is very easy (ask your butler to arrange that), and each time expect the greeting with nice racquets and balls, as well as cool water and towels.
Westin Hotels & Resorts, a leader in wellness and hospitality for more than a decade, lives its philosophy “Empowering a Better You™” through the brand’s Six Pillars of Well-Being: Feel Well, Work Well, Move Well, Eat Well, Sleep Well and Play Well. At more than 200 hotels and resorts in nearly 40 countries and territories, guests can experience offerings that include the iconic Heavenly® Bed, RunWESTIN™ and Westin Gear Lending with New Balance®, delicious and nutritious SuperFoodsRx™ and more. The idyllic resort also features Westin’s signature branded spa concept, the Heavenly Spa by Westin™ with the latest in beauty treatments. The design of the spa area exudes an intimate and serene ambience that allows guests to reflect on their destination, including a spacious treatment suite for two with a Jacuzzi and panoramic ocean views.
The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort is also well-equipped to play host to distinguished ceremonies or vows renewal with its multifunctional event spaces.
Additional on-site facilities of the resort include a boutique store.
The Westin is beyond amazing, modern and offers beyond excellent value for your money with its services geared towards your personal well-being and rejuvenation – giving it five stars. The resort is quiet, yet full of energy and cares for your privacy and has excellent spa services. If you are looking for a perfect & private holiday in the Maldives, then the Westin is for you.
Fabulous new resort in every sense, Best Pick up service and drop out service, IKLEELA did an amazing service, Exceptional, Good, جزيرة صغيره ومريحه وهادئة وجديده وعصريه, Wonderful, جدا رائع المكان والخدامه والأكل, Great place for summer holiday, Honeymoon, Paradise is on Earth, Where Dreams Come True, Escape to Westin Maldives Mirianadhoo Resort ...
Why to Stay Here: What the Guests Love
- a great location in UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Baa Atoll
- The resort's design and hospitality
- the staff is friendly and helpfull. an Exeptional service
- Villas and Suites: Very nice comfortable and clean, Very private and quiet
- The food is great, awesome and reasonably priced
- Wellness facilities
- The gym and yoga class
- Snorkelling with mantas at Hanifaru Bay
Things to Know before You Go
- In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property.
- The boutique resort is located in Baa atoll, approx. 30-minutes by seaplane from Malé airport
- Guests opting for Domestic Air Transfers will land in Dharavandhoo Island, from where the resort's representative will greet you and transfer you to the speedboat. Estimated transfer time from Dharavandhoo Island to The Westin Maldives is 20 minutes (depending on sea conditions)
- Check-in from 15:00; Check-out Until 12:00 PM.
- All children are welcome. Children aged 13 years and above are considered adults at this property.
- Tip for potential visitors. Make sure you join the Marriot Bonvoy beforehand to get you free coconuts and ice creams!
- We booked and Overwater Villas as we enjoy entering the sea directly from our villa and start snorkelling or just taking a dip in the sea water. The Sunrise villas have a very low water level/ hardly any water during low tide. There are lots of rocks and swimming from the villas at that side is hardly possible even during high tide.
At the Sunset villas the situation is a bit better, but during low tide you should also be very careful while swimming as there are also rocks.
Besides that you have to enter the sea via a vertical ladder. Which means you can't enter the water with fins and therefore proper snorkelling from the villa is not possible. With small kids you should also be careful as there is no fence along the outside area of the villa and the wooden stairs are slippery to enter.
- You will not find the long endless white soft beach as you might picture it from the Maldives. There are staff members cleaning the beach every morning from dead corrals, shells and other rocky items, but the beach is not as wide, soft and large as we have experienced it in other resorts. If you want to go into the water from the beach you should take some swim shoes with you. Not very suitable beach for small kids.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Ari Queen - 07 Jan 2023 - from €1,816.00 - Classic Central (Male - Male) - 7 Nights - Save up to $428 OFF! Rates include discounts. (23/9)
- Emperor Explorer - 02 Apr 2023 - from €2,336.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 07 Jan 2023 - from €2,021.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! Also available for group bookings. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 01 Jan 2023 - from €2,111.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 01 Jan 2023 - from €1,940.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 14 Jan 2023 - from €1,886.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More