Start planning: VARU by Atmosphere - Premium All Inclusive with Free Transfers
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Wellness, All Inclusive, Dining, Activities, Value
Updated April, 2022
VARU by Atmosphere is Premium All-Inclusive Maldives resort found nearby Malé airport.. The brand new hotel reflects the local heritage and culture of the Maldives throughout its estate, with signature Maldivian-style design elements informing the look and style of the property.
The ‘VARU Plan’ goes beyond the typical All-Inclusive concept, and includes villa accommodation, all food and beverages, special dining experiences, in-villa services, excursions, spa treatments, and more. As for the name VARU is a term from the local language Dhivehi, meaning “strength, resilience and life in abundance.
Accessible by a 45-minute speedboat journey from the main Velana International Airport, VARU by Atmosphere boasts 108 luxurious villas. Thirty-nine Beach Front Villas have spacious interiors and outdoor decks, surrounded by lush green vegetation and just a few metres from the white sandy beach, while 69 Overwater Villas have signature Maldivian-style interiors and direct access to the turquoise lagoon from the deck. Both villa types offer minimalistic design styles with splashes of vibrant colours, and come with the option of private pools. Additional resort facilities include a dive and water sports centre, ELENA spa, gymnasium and kids club.
The Five Star Varu by Atmosphere” established by Atmosphere Hotels and Resorts was opened on October 2019.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - UP TO 45% OFF with additional benefits
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF: BEST AVAILABLE RATES
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- NOKU MALDIVES: - 4th Anniversary 40% OFF offer!
- Adaaran resorts: - Last Minute OFFER with Maximum Flexibility
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Your journey starts in style when you leave the arrival gates at Male airport, with a speedboat ride (today is the only kind of transportation permitted for arrival at the resort). The boat is luxurious and comfortable and the journey to VARU is only 40 minutes maximum.
On arrival to the island You are greeted by the smiling staff along with a refreshing drink and towel with Maldivian music and dance on the jetty, you feel immediately welcome. Check in process is smooth, quick and easy, while the staff tells you about the resort. Next you will escorted to your villa .
Madivaru is young and will over time only get better as plantation grows and pathways improve with more sand being added - but don’t let that stop you from visiting this lovely place now. Download Resort Map
All water villas are set in the lagoon facing surf, and some water walls are built to protect island from erosion.
There is a great pool bar called Bay Rouge - great service very attentive staff. The small beach near the bar is lovely hang out spot the water very clear with a few small fish. Of course, the island itself is best with the great, well-kept beaches, the fantastic sea for swimming and snorkeling. The lovely time is fish feeding at 4.30 - great fun watching the fish arrive for tea - sharks and rays!
Maldives is a place where luxury resorts are in abundance however it is the staff that can really make your trip special and memorable and the staff at VARU certainly aim to achieve this and succeed! They are extremely polite and friendly. They know exactly what you need and before you ask them, they get it done. These people make you feel part of the family, everyone is friendly and welcomes you with a smile and a hello. It is a small island so you see the same staff every day and they remember the little things, like how you like your coffee at breakfast. The staffs at the restaurants are also wonderful!
North Malé also known as northern Kaafu is the main atoll in the Maldives, where in the first time in the country the tourism has launched. The capital of Maldives, Male City and Velana International Airport (MLE) are also located in the North Male Atoll. North Male Atoll is home to a great collection of luxury 5* star resorts and budget guest houses. The close proximity of the islands to the country's main international airport makes it possible for travelers to quickly and inexpensively to reach their hotels by speedboat. Diving, relaxation and surfing are the main types of outdoor activities in this atoll and the pristine beauty of the paradise islands of North Male attracts visitors from all over the world. READ MORE
With its perfect blend between the contemporary architecture and tropical vibes of the island paradise, VARU by Atmosphere is the newest child in Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts collection. Enjoy your first moments in Paradise, on a Speed Boat for 40mins while you arrive from Male International Airport to the North-west of the Kaafu atoll. Experience the local culture and its warm hospitality while you submerse yourself in a 5 star service throughout your stay.
Villas and Suites
All 108 villas & suites in 8 categories (including Family Beach Pool villas) based on the island have direct access to the surrounding pristine white sandy beaches views of the ocean beyond. Villas come with spacious interiors and outdoor decks surrounded by lush green vegetation. Interiors are appointed with natural materials of wood and stone and minimalistic design styles and splashes of vibrant colors and decorative items.
Very cosy furnished beach villas with an outdoor bathroom that is a must have when you are in Maldives. Super comfy bed and pillows and immaculately clean, every day. Beach is just 10 m away. Beach Villas are spacious and immaculately clean. Asfor privacy We can not think of one cons thing if We had to be really picky I would say the vegetation needs to grow so it’s not a great deal but once it is established it will be amazing.
Home away from home, Majlis Suite is a secluded and cozy beach villa for families. With two bedrooms as well as a bedroom and attached bathroom for the maid, there’s ample privacy to enjoy undisturbed family time.
We truly recommend the water villa - the perfect accommodation for a morning dip or an afternoon nap. Split across 3 separate water villa jetties spanning around the South-Western side of the island are the resort's over-water villas. All the over-water villas come with a signature Maldivian style interiors include wooden floors and high ceilings, appointed with colors contrasting to the exotic surroundings. Each villa comes with direct access to the lagoon from the deck. You have the best of both worlds: snorkelling in the lagoon below or may be you can just stand and watch the sea flora and fauna in good detail from your sundeck.
Water Villas have the approx.40m² terrace with sea view. All rooms are equipped with two loungers, a couch with a table and access to the Indian Ocean via a separate staircase with a ladder. Thanks to the large canopy, there is always a shady spot from 10 a.m. or a place in the sun and almost until sunset. The king bed is very comfortable and you could see the sea directly. The bathroom is accessible via a sliding door from the bedroom, with a large walk-in shower, bathtub with sea view and two vanities, perfectly equipped.
The minibar (soft drinks, beer) and wine fridge (red, white and rose wine) are refilled twice a day. There is also a capsule coffee machine with three different types of coffee, a kettle and many different types of tea. The villas are cleaned twice a day while you are out at breakfast and dinner, great service and furnishings have new look.
Water Villas divided on the sunrise or sunset; Water Villas with Pool face the south or the north
Water Villa with a Pool is beyond your expectations. Bedroom, bathroom, and balcony are very spacious! The bathroom has two sinks with a full size shower and separate bath. The toilet is secluded so someone else could use the bathroom. There are also large double door windows in both the bathroom and bedroom with sheer curtains for privacy but also natural sunlight.
VARU features an exclusive Water Suite with direct sunset views, special in-villa services, and a 15m² private pool. The suite comes with a spacious bedroom and attached living room, a luxurious bathroom, and a deck with direct lagoon access and sunset view.
Restaurants and Bars
You certainly do not go hungry at VARU and there are lots of options to choose from. The food is in high quality in all 4 restaurants and bars. All food and drinks are included, also minibar at Villa ( refilled twice daily).
Though one would think food in a 5 start resort and all inclusive is always good I have to say is not the case, and VARU stands out for its food and the service in the restaurants - big variety and high quality of fish and meat, as well as delicious vegetarian and healthy options. The alcohol included in the package is also higher quality than other resorts in the Maldives. The bar and restaurants staff are all amazing and looked after You.
The resort's mainrestaurant Lime and chilli is a favorite place to eat - breakfast, lunch and dinner in buffet form with different cooking stations. With delicious and high quality food the buffet selection is excellent, especially the live BBQ section, the daily fresh fish is fantastic! A huge selection of dishes, it's never boring and you can try everything. So many options for a vegetarian in a buffet setting and the chef can make for something if there is’t enough vegetarian options, but there is always plenty. The drinks menu is very good and the cocktails and wine selection is very expansive with quality drinks.
Charcoal restaurant is a grill restaurant with seating on the beach, steaks in all variations.
There is also Nu, the Mediterranean over water restaurant that's also excellent and the atmosphere is really authentic! NU features freshly prepared seafood right over the sea, served perfectly, an absolute dream in the evening.
Kaage (a la carte) is a Maldivian restaurant, a fantastic cuisine with a very special taste experience.
There is also the beach brunch at Bay Rouge which is the beach/pool bar. The outlet opens every Tuesday and Saturday instead of lunch at Lime and Chilli. Again the food selection is a great: salads, sushi, fresh fish, soup, hot and cold meat options.
Varu Plan: What's Included
All guests at VARU are on the unique premium all-inclusive
offering The VARU Plan offering an array of food and beverage options and amenities, activities and excursions and much more!
Tailor-made for VARU by Atmosphere, THE VARU PLAN™ encompasses ALL elements of a hassle-free holiday experience in the Maldives! NO surprises, NO shocks, NO hidden extras – ALL INCLUDED in ONE price!
Breakfast, Lunchand Dinner
- Served at the Lime & Chili (All‐Day Dining)– our main restaurant; combination of sumptuous buffet, live cooking stations, theme nights & grills.
‘Indian Ocean Gala Dinner’
- Every Wednesday at Lime & Chilli (All other dining outlets will be closed for Dinner)
- Tuesdays & Saturdays at lunch by the pool (All other dining outlets will be closed for Lunch)
DRINKS & BEVERAGES
- Premium brands of spirits, beer and wines at Bay Rouge, Lime & Chili and three Specialty Restaurants; Charcoal (Sizzle and Grill by the Beach), Nü (Over-Water Mediterranean Seafood Specialty), Kaagé (Maldivian Specialty)
- UNLIMITED Cocktails & Mocktails, signature drinks, seasonal fresh fruit juices, soft drinks, mineral water, selection of tea & coffee available from The VARU Plan™ Cocktails, Spirits & Beer Menu.
- In-Villa Minibar stocked with beer/wines/soft beverages & selection of snacks – replenished twice daily
ACTIVITIES & ADVENTURES
20% Discount on first two regulat dives per guest
- (Guest Must hold a PADI certified certificate, discounts applicable on dives only).
Complimentary Selection of Non-Motorized water sports
- (Windsurf Board & Sail, Canoe, Stand‐ Up Paddle board) during stay. Guest Must pass Windsurfing competence check to avail.
- UNLIMITED snorkeling excursions during stay with TWO Snorkeling excursions per day to nearby snorkeling sites (Shuttles in the Morning & Afternoon on pre‐registration basis ‐ weather permitting)
FULL ACCESS TO THE SPORTS & RECREATION CENTRE
- fully equipped gymnasium, outdoor & indoor recreational activities, flood‐lit tennis court, badminton, beach‐volley.
ELIGIBLE ONLY FOR ALL FOUR NIGHT STAYS AND ABOVE
- (Once per Stay, On pre‐registration basis ‐ weather permitting)
A SELECTION OF EXCURSIONS
- (One Complimentary excursion, On pre‐registration basis ‐ weather permitting)
SPECIALTY DINNING DURING YOUR STAY
- KAAGÉ / NÜ / CHARCOAL – Dining Experiences
SPA & WELLNESS
- Enjoy blissful escape with our luxury Spa & Wellness offering..
Activities and Pampering
Located on the island is Koamas (dolphin, in the local language) Dive and Watersports Centre. Some of the best dive spots of the North Malé Atoll are located nearby, home to manta cleaning stations and shark channel dives, plus reefs with an immense variety of macro life. Most of the sites are located within marine protected areas.
During the northeast monsoon between January and April each year, manta rays are encountered on almost every dive. With strong currents brought on by the northeastern winds, grey reef sharks can be found in huge numbers at every channel entrance.
For less experienced divers, there are plenty of easier reefs and always plenty of marine fauna to enjoy, from diver friendly turtles to huge numbers of schooling fish, hunted larger predators such as jacks, bonitos, and dogtooth tuna. Stingrays, eagle rays and the nurse sharks can are commonly encountered.
Of course the resort's team offers fun snorkeling trips daily - expect to see lots of brightly coloured fish and even the pleasure of swimming with a turtle. There is a snorkeling spot on the island's southern tip you could go in the water 200 - 300 meter and you can enjoy house reef snorkeling seeing beautiful fishes.
Active kids are happy kids: While parents enjoy the best of time at VARU, your kids need not miss out on any fun. As one of the most sought-after Kid Friendly Resorts in the Maldives, VARU has a host of activities lined up for its young VIPs which keeps them engaged and entertained. The world-class kids' club, On The Move, offers scheduled activities, monitored play areas, and guided art and craft workshops to entertain a little ones. From hosting birthday parties to offering babysitting services, the trained staff at our kids' club ensure that your children are well taken care of and have a good time at VARU while giving you some well-deserved me-time.
Great SPA, very well equipped gym and yoga lovers can enjoy organized sessions. They offer also beach fitness and give excellent personal coaching.
The Elena spa is peaceful and serene and You can basically customize your treatment. It's nice touch that they cut out windows in the floor so you could see the ocean as you got your massage. This is just another example of the attention to detail at the resort.. The treatments are very relaxing and the whole process is very professional. A good Tip - book your spa treatments on the day you arrive as the spa gets busy.
Varu'll exceed your expectations, the resort is exceptional. It has a high customer rating because it deserves it. The service, starting from the airport pick up through to leaving is nothing short of impeccable. Staff remembering names, lengths of stay, favourite drinks amongst many other above and beyond aspects. The resort is clean and not too busy. The food, drink and activities are all unbelievable value. Freshly cooked, huge variety and well presented. Live music, good selection of drinks. Free mini bar stocked at least twice a day in the room. The rooms areclean, spacious and well air conditioned. The manager is on site, visible and welcoming. Speed boat transfers efficient. From the small island to an incredible view from your room, snorkeling, food and staff - Varu not disappoint!
Pros: What Guests Love
- a great location nearby Male airport
- speed boat transfers are efficient
- The resort is amazing, it’s new and well organized
- Really 100% privacy, peacefull and relaxing place
- The rooms are clean, spacious, luxury and well air conditioned
- Super service by housekeeping team
- The stuff is very friendly and kind
- The Varu Plan is nice: Food and drinks included in the package are very nice and there is a lot of variety in cocktails and wines.
- Excellent service pool bar
- The food is very delicious, freshly cooked, huge variety and well presented
- Buffet food is excellent and brilliant service
- At the main restaurant all staff members are always very polite, quick and friendly and always with a wonderful smile on their faces
- free mini bar stocked at least twice a day in the room
- The sun downers and cool music at the main pool/bar are a lovely end to each day in the sun.
- snorkeling trips
- Elena Spa is absolutely amazing
Things to Know before You Go
- Book direct. Enjoy more! Book direct and get additional 15% off while enjoying FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR testing prior
- The property is only accessible by speedboat transfer takes 40 minutes from Male International Airport.
- Check-in from 14:00 hours; Check-out until 12:00 hours;
- Children of any age are welcome. Children under 2 years will eat for free based on the rules and meal-plan accompanied by an adult, excluding alcoholic beverages.
- Due to safety and privacy concerns the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones by any of guests including model aircraft by recreational users and hobbyists is prohibited.
- HONEYMOON BENEFITS:
- Romantically shaped Bed decoration - once per stay (Turn-down service would be on the 01st or 2nd evening depending on the arrival time)
- Romantic candle-light dinner for the couple once during stay
- One Honeymoon Cake
- Romantic Turn-down service – Aromatic bubble bath - once per stay (on request)
- Honeymoon Memento as a parting honeymoon gift
- Eligibility: Within 1 year from date of wedding with a copy of certificate presented; Minimum stay: 4 nights and above with compliments
- The vegetation still has to grow, if you look for places beneath palm trees this is not yet the right place to go.
- A small gym. More that 2 people is too much but the trainers are very nice.
- Snorkelling trip with turtles is must go
- Daily snorkeling tours, sunset boat tours, star trips and much more are offered free of charge
- The main restaraunt Lime and Chili has a plenty of choice for vegetarians including Indian food
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Ari Queen - 07 Jan 2023 - from €1,816.00 - Classic Central (Male - Male) - 7 Nights - Save up to $428 OFF! Rates include discounts. (23/9)
- Emperor Explorer - 02 Apr 2023 - from €2,336.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 07 Jan 2023 - from €2,021.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! Also available for group bookings. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 01 Jan 2023 - from €2,111.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 01 Jan 2023 - from €1,940.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 14 Jan 2023 - from €1,886.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More