10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
The Most Popular Family Activities at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is a luxury family-friendly resort that has all the basic ingredients for the dream vacation! While sun, sea and sand alone suffices for an easy-going holiday in the Maldives, there is plenty more for parents and kids to do when staying at this new 5-star resort.
Once you’ve settled in, explored the islands and checked off a few on-land activities (such as the kids club with pool and games room, tennis, volleyball, and the beach of course), it’s time to take an excursion or two!
With so many escapes to choose from, we understand picking a few may be difficult; to make your life easy not just here but already when you start compiling your Waldorf Astoria Maldives must-do list at home, here are some suggestions for the family-friendly excursions you’re kindly invited to join!
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Opening Celebration Offer up to 25% OFF; Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 30 Sep 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Sunset Fishing trip is a better way to enjoy the beautiful Maldivian sunset. A fun activity popular with families and friends, experience bottom-line fishing in traditional Maldivian style using lines and baited hooks on handheld reels.
Learn from the local anglers and hook a red snapper, white snapper, grouper or barracuda, bring your catch back and let one of the signature restaurant’s chefs prepare it for you for an additional charge.
Designed for young adults aged 7 to 15, these select spa experiences at Waldorf Astoria Maldives are perfect time for bonding and creating treasured moments. Growing up is about discovery and being yourself.
Recommended spa treatment packages for children: Scalp massage; FamilyTime Mother & Daughter (organic scrubs, massages and facial); Relaxing Foot & Ankle Massage; Get all the healing and moisturizing benefits of Honey & Yogurt facial 60 mins.
Take a personal Maldives guided tour with a marine biologist, and your explorations of the reef will be so much richer. Learn all about the different species that live in the waters around Waldorf Astoria Maldives, including the friendly turtles. Underwater world of Male atoll boasts of magnificent biodiversity with a concentration of whale sharks, manta rays, a myriad of colourful fish and the unique corals. This experience offers snorkeling at its best for underwater aficionados.
Explore the lagoon by stand up paddle board or canoe. With year-round Complimentary activitity for guest of Waldorf Astoria Maldives, stand up paddle boarding (SUP) originated in Hawaii as an offshoot of surfing. Strengthen your core muscles while paddling on your board and explore the shallow blue waters on your own.
Another fun way for families with kids to explore the Waldorf's spectacular lagoon is a paddle boat. Paddle at your own pace and enjoy the bonding time with your family and loved ones.
Daily outdoor and indoor activities in Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi should awaken an extraordinary appetite in you. There are numerous food and beverage offerings in the hotel that cater to a diverse culinary palette. The resort boasts a total of 11 exceptional, world-class dining options — the variety of which is a first in the Maldives. Here is Waldorf Astoria Maldives dining guide
Discover the blue around Waldorf Astoria Maldives in its purest and untouched form. The Maldivian archipelago is known for varied marine life, especially manta rays and whale sharks, giving you the opportunity to watch them in their natural environment. The resort is lucky enough to have a large pod of dolphins living right onyour door step.
Join to this water adventure the whole family and be mesmerised when dolphins, including bottlenose and spinner dolphins, come out to play. Get up close and personal and capture your best photos as the dolphins are looping in the air.
To visitors to the Maldives, the unassuming patches of the purest white sand that are dotted throughout the island nation might be hardly worth a mention. Families with kids will absolutely love frolicking on the sand and in the sparkling lagoon of the private sandbank in Robinson Crusoe style.
A great adventure to mesmerize by its subtle beauty and almost mysterious nature from which to create your own magical quest that children will remember for many years to come. Tell stories of castaways marooned on a desert island to fill the imagination whilst enjoying a gourmet BBQ picnic and refreshment right on the beach.
Given the location of Ithaafushi island, guests are deprived of the chance to enjoy a bird's eye view of the Maldives from a seaplane board. To make up for this unforgettable experience, parasail during sunset and soak up the warmth and glow of the remaining rays of the day.
Take off from the parasailing boat for an exhilarating flight up to an impressive 750 feet, or 228 metres. Fly solo or with your children and enjoy the stunning panoramic view of the Indian Ocean. Everyone who is six years old and above can go parasailing. It is also important to note that participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian to sign their release. Younger children must also be accompanied by their parents, while the older children are typically allowed to fly alone.
Looking for some more diving adventures together with your family?Give your children the experience of a lifetime – let them discover the Maldives underwater world! Kids can learn to dive too and are often braver than their parents when it comes to taking the plunge and trying scuba diving!
The Bubblemaker lesson introduces young guests aged 8-10 to scuba diving and the wonders of marine life under the supervision of Waldorf Astoria's experienced instructor. If your children are 10 years or older, the Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) is the program that introduces you to scuba diving in the sea. The program allows you to breathe and explore the underwater world for the first time.. The maximum depth for DSD divers is 12 meters/40 feet. There is no prior scuba diving experience needed. This is diving for kids in Maldives but also for their parents!
Sailing Catamaran cruise is the adventure of a lifetime in the Maldives! Enjoy the calmness of the beautiful turquoise Maldivian sea while your skipper takes you sailing. Bring your family and friends along to make the experience unforgettable.
Explore private beaches for miles, amazing marine life, friendly and happy locals, kayaking, fishing, swimming in the glistening blue water and relaxing with incredible ocean views. Perhaps the most valuable offering this activity is some peace and tranquility you may need to recharge your batteries; away from it all and on your own time, on your own private floating "island", right here in beautiful Maldives.
Best Experience: Over-water Villas, for couples and families, Service, Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining, Activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the resort ups the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests. Read Full Review...
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Duke of York - 03 Oct 2021 - from €1,724.00 - Central Atolls (Male-Male) - Group Discount Available. Inquire for details. (19% OFF)
- Blue Shark One - 06 Nov 2021 - from €1,783.00 - Tigershark Special - For New Booking Only. Valid until August 31, 2021. (13% OFF)
- Scubaspa Yang - 21 Aug 2021 - from €1,843.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. (10% OFF)
- Horizon 3 - 13 Mar 2022 - from €1,706.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - (30% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 01.08.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Amilla Maldives plans Action-Packed Autumn
- Health and Sustainability on the New Menu at Kuredu Island Resort
- Here’s How to Spend Long Weekend at Komandoo Maldives Resort
- Emirates Launches First-Ever Passenger Service From Dubai To Miami
- New Experiences are Waiting for You at Constance Halaveli
- The Maldives lands on Abu Dhabi’s Updated COVID-19 ‘Green List’
- Maldives set 96 Hours for PCR Test Result for Inbound Travellers of All Nationalities
- These 10 adult only All INCLUSIVE resorts in Maldives, are custom-made for Romance
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi to host Russian Ballet
- Get a glimpse of your tropical getaway with the Kuramathi APP
- Malahini Kuda Bandos celebrates 5 Year of Excellence and Magic
- Sun, sea, and Much more at Hondaafushi Island Resort
- Your Summer Would Be Better with Crown & Champa Resorts Collection
- Why You Should Start Dreaming About Komandoo
- New Look Naladhu Private Island to relaunch in November
- Why Upcoming Cora Cora Maldives Resort - The Hottest New opening coming soon
- Meet the new Look of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More