10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
The Most Popular Family Activities at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is a luxury family-friendly resort that has all the basic ingredients for the dream vacation! While sun, sea and sand alone suffices for an easy-going holiday in the Maldives, there is plenty more for parents and kids to do when staying at this new 5-star resort.
Once you’ve settled in, explored the islands and checked off a few on-land activities (such as the kids club with pool and games room, tennis, volleyball, and the beach of course), it’s time to take an excursion or two!
With so many escapes to choose from, we understand picking a few may be difficult; to make your life easy not just here but already when you start compiling your Waldorf Astoria Maldives must-do list at home, here are some suggestions for the family-friendly excursions you’re kindly invited to join!
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Select Huduran Fushi: Save up to 35%, Bookable till 31 Jan 2021; Stay from 1st March till Oct 2021
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Sunset Fishing trip is a better way to enjoy the beautiful Maldivian sunset. A fun activity popular with families and friends, experience bottom-line fishing in traditional Maldivian style using lines and baited hooks on handheld reels.
Learn from the local anglers and hook a red snapper, white snapper, grouper or barracuda, bring your catch back and let one of the signature restaurant’s chefs prepare it for you for an additional charge.
Designed for young adults aged 7 to 15, these select spa experiences at Waldorf Astoria Maldives are perfect time for bonding and creating treasured moments. Growing up is about discovery and being yourself.
Recommended spa treatment packages for children: Scalp massage; FamilyTime Mother & Daughter (organic scrubs, massages and facial); Relaxing Foot & Ankle Massage; Get all the healing and moisturizing benefits of Honey & Yogurt facial 60 mins.
Take a personal Maldives guided tour with a marine biologist, and your explorations of the reef will be so much richer. Learn all about the different species that live in the waters around Waldorf Astoria Maldives, including the friendly turtles. Underwater world of Male atoll boasts of magnificent biodiversity with a concentration of whale sharks, manta rays, a myriad of colourful fish and the unique corals. This experience offers snorkeling at its best for underwater aficionados.
Explore the lagoon by stand up paddle board or canoe. With year-round Complimentary activitity for guest of Waldorf Astoria Maldives, stand up paddle boarding (SUP) originated in Hawaii as an offshoot of surfing. Strengthen your core muscles while paddling on your board and explore the shallow blue waters on your own.
Another fun way for families with kids to explore the Waldorf's spectacular lagoon is a paddle boat. Paddle at your own pace and enjoy the bonding time with your family and loved ones.
Daily outdoor and indoor activities in Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi should awaken an extraordinary appetite in you. There are numerous food and beverage offerings in the hotel that cater to a diverse culinary palette. The resort boasts a total of 11 exceptional, world-class dining options — the variety of which is a first in the Maldives. Here is Waldorf Astoria Maldives dining guide
Discover the blue around Waldorf Astoria Maldives in its purest and untouched form. The Maldivian archipelago is known for varied marine life, especially manta rays and whale sharks, giving you the opportunity to watch them in their natural environment. The resort is lucky enough to have a large pod of dolphins living right onyour door step.
Join to this water adventure the whole family and be mesmerised when dolphins, including bottlenose and spinner dolphins, come out to play. Get up close and personal and capture your best photos as the dolphins are looping in the air.
To visitors to the Maldives, the unassuming patches of the purest white sand that are dotted throughout the island nation might be hardly worth a mention. Families with kids will absolutely love frolicking on the sand and in the sparkling lagoon of the private sandbank in Robinson Crusoe style.
A great adventure to mesmerize by its subtle beauty and almost mysterious nature from which to create your own magical quest that children will remember for many years to come. Tell stories of castaways marooned on a desert island to fill the imagination whilst enjoying a gourmet BBQ picnic and refreshment right on the beach.
Given the location of Ithaafushi island, guests are deprived of the chance to enjoy a bird's eye view of the Maldives from a seaplane board. To make up for this unforgettable experience, parasail during sunset and soak up the warmth and glow of the remaining rays of the day.
Take off from the parasailing boat for an exhilarating flight up to an impressive 750 feet, or 228 metres. Fly solo or with your children and enjoy the stunning panoramic view of the Indian Ocean. Everyone who is six years old and above can go parasailing. It is also important to note that participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian to sign their release. Younger children must also be accompanied by their parents, while the older children are typically allowed to fly alone.
Looking for some more diving adventures together with your family?Give your children the experience of a lifetime – let them discover the Maldives underwater world! Kids can learn to dive too and are often braver than their parents when it comes to taking the plunge and trying scuba diving!
The Bubblemaker lesson introduces young guests aged 8-10 to scuba diving and the wonders of marine life under the supervision of Waldorf Astoria's experienced instructor. If your children are 10 years or older, the Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) is the program that introduces you to scuba diving in the sea. The program allows you to breathe and explore the underwater world for the first time.. The maximum depth for DSD divers is 12 meters/40 feet. There is no prior scuba diving experience needed. This is diving for kids in Maldives but also for their parents!
Sailing Catamaran cruise is the adventure of a lifetime in the Maldives! Enjoy the calmness of the beautiful turquoise Maldivian sea while your skipper takes you sailing. Bring your family and friends along to make the experience unforgettable.
Explore private beaches for miles, amazing marine life, friendly and happy locals, kayaking, fishing, swimming in the glistening blue water and relaxing with incredible ocean views. Perhaps the most valuable offering this activity is some peace and tranquility you may need to recharge your batteries; away from it all and on your own time, on your own private floating "island", right here in beautiful Maldives.
Best Experience: Over-water Villas, for couples and families, Service, Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining, Activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the resort ups the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests. Read Full Review...
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (26.01.21) in Maldives
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Carpe Novo - 13 Feb 2021 - from €1,362.00 - Addu - Foammulah - Huvadhoo (Gan - Kooddoo) - Save up to $800 OFF on junior and standard cabins.
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 25.01.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Experience Luxury Escape to Paradise at Universal Resorts
- Emerald Maldives launches New fun-filled, inspiring Family activities
- Scuba Diving Experience at Komandoo: a Typical itinerary
- Milaidhoo Maldives introduces Vacation Packages 2021
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo offers Whale Shark encounters
- Heritance Aarah named the Best Luxury All Inclusive Resort in Asia
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Soneva Jani: Welcome to the Chapter Two
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa appoints Nikolaus A Priesnitz as GM
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives gets 2021 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More