Top 10 Foods and Drinks to try in Waldorf Astoria Maldives
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Dining Guide
There are plenty of reasons to stay in Waldorf Astoria Maldives, from glorious golden beaches to legendary overwater villas and that’s before we mention the food. Savor delightful and award-winning dining at this Male luxury resort, where the culinary choices are as sumptuous as it's surroundings.
From intimate candlelit dinners with cocktails at sunset to special family dining, relaxed lunching by the beach or a magnificent breakfast buffet, the restaurants, lounges and bars at Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi offer the finest dining on the islands. Here are 10 dishes and drinks not to miss in Waldorf Maldives.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Select Huduran Fushi: Save up to 35%, Bookable till 31 Jan 2021; Stay from 1st March till Oct 2021
- Medhufushi Island: 5 Nights Stay with Seaplane Transfer for USD 925
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 1006 for 3 nights; Travel period to 10th May 2021
- Dhigali Maldives: Easter Escape package - save up to 43%. Valid for stays from 1 Apr to 25 Apr 2021
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- Huvafen Fushi: FLEXI BOOKING offer - Valid for stays to 31st Jan 2021
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- The Nautilus Maldives: from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: UP TO 35% OFF - book till 31 Jan for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer - Valid for stays to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Maldives: January Sale: up to -25%; book by Jan 31 to save big on stays until Aug 31
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Japan is known worldwide for its excellent quality beef. If you aren huge foodie and even if you have not been traveled in traveling to Japan, you can taste Miyazaki Wagyu Beef in Waldorf Astoria Maldives. Miyazaki brand represents the quality of beef that Japan has become known for with its cuts of finely marbled meat with a melt in your mouth texture. The Miyazaki Beef held the top spot in Japan for 15 years straight. One of the best ways to enjoy Miyazaki Beef is at TERRA restaurant, where they will recommend selected cuts and prepare it to perfection.
Enjoy a sophisticated time at romantic treetop setting for intimate dining chatting as you gaze out at the sparkling nightscape. Terra features seven private dining pods, panoramic views, and a contemporary menu. Complement your dish with wine from Waldorf Astoria's extensive collection, including Krug Champagne.
Your beach experience шт the Maldives won't be complete if you don't discover local cuisine. The most common breakfast for Maldivians is Mas-huni, which is a mixture of tuna and coconut. Puree of onion, capsicum, lemon juice and salt, combined with smoked tuna meat, mix well and add coconut pulp. The dish is eaten with roshi bread. Sometimes Mashuni is baked in roshi. This dish, in the form of golden with a crust, round pies is called Masroshi.
This simple but heavenly Maldivian breakfast across the country known as Disc Mashuni (pronounced as Disc Mas-huni) you can get at Tasting Table, the resort's main restaurant. Best drink to go with Mas huni is the usual black tea. Fresh juices and other drinks are not recommended at all. Aside Maldivian cusine the Tasting Table offers an international menu of delicious meals. Discover culinary highlights spanning from Asia to Europe in a relaxing dining room or beachside terrace.
Inspired by Shanghainese noble residences, Li Long is a classy Cantonese restaurant in Waldorf Astoria Maldives serves delicate Cantonese cooking to mouth-watering Sichuan delights and high-end banquet-style dishes. We highly recommend ordering signature Peking duck roasted in the Maldives's first classic wood-fired oven. The duck is subtle and nuanced, its emphasis as much on texture as taste to win over discerning Western palates and aesthetes. A dish not to be missed by a first-time visitor Peking duck garnishes with chinese pancakes, cucumber, spring onions and hoi sin sauce.
The menu also features Sichuan classics such as kong po chicken with cashew nuts and wok fried sliced beef with mushrooms in oyster sauce, as well as luxury ingredients like lobster and fish. With overwater setting relish contemporary Chinese cuisine beautifully paired with specialty Chinese tea from the finest tea collection. A high-ceilinged, private dining room of Li Long with lagoon view and staff who are slick but also warm and welcoming is ideal for family feast.
The Ledge by Dave Pynt is exclusive Australian-style barbecue grill restaurant at Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi which offers counter seats and open kitchen, possibly positioned to be more casual than fine dining. It is a perfect spot for a leisurely lunch of poolside favorites during the day and the place to go for the finest cut of succulent, wood-fired meats and fine wine in the evening. Just about everything here is touched by the kiln's heat and smoke, or by the custom grills, and it’s very much the heart and soul of The Ledge.
Highlights at The Ledge by Dave Pynt include:
- Dry Aged OP Rib - a 45-day dry-aged beef rib
- Beef Tenderloin (served with Burnt Onion Puree, Bone marrow sauce on the side, watercress salad).
- Lobster Roll - a brioche bun stuffed with freshly grilled lobster and lobster aioli
- Fennel, Orange & Burrata: Fennel, charred on the outside and lush within, paired with orange oil and burrata is also something of a signature.
- Reef fish - a grilled whole grouper served with a fresh cucumber and yuzu salad and a green sauce
- The likes of flatiron steak (with burnt onion and bone marrow) and the top-flight Hida wagyu are sold by the hundred-gram weight.
Many of Pynt’s mainstays such as the Jamaican Chicken and Lime Crema, Eggplant & Miso, Marshmallow, Chocolate Fondant and Smoked Ice Cream as well as the Polly Pocket-sized Fish & Chips and Steak Frites (“just to inform you, the portion size is this big and for one person,” the server helpfully warns) make welcome appearances in the daily changing menu.
Whether you're looking for a Middle Eastern feast or a range of light Lebanese treats, Yasmeen restaurant in Waldorf Astoria Maldives doing a great trade in meze, mixed grills, and classic Arabian dishes.
Try Tabbouleh! It is a colorful Lebanese national dish that is usually considered a salad, with a crunchy and chewy texture, made with fresh, finely chopped parsley leaves, olive oil, bulgur wheat, and chopped mint leaves as a base.
Usually served as an appetizer, it is sometimes accompanied by pita bread, baba ghanoush, or hummus. Chopped red tomatoes, diced cucumbers, fresh lemon juice and minced onions also add to the salad, imparting a tangy flavor.
Its refreshing flavors are ideal for a hot summer day, while bulgur provides a rich source of fiber, protein, and minerals, making tabbouleh one of the healthiest food options for Maldives hot weather. If you have room left for dessert order Cheese Cake Festkiyeh and Dry Apricot Puree.
Like the sound of organic products that won't break the bank or your jaw when you see the bill at the end of your meal? Then you'll love Glow - a garden-to-table concept in the greenhouse ambience suited for both vegetarians and vegans. This place doesn’t just deliver good food too – its surroundings are pretty and inviting, with soft pastel colours and trailing foliage. The Glow sources most of its produce from the resort's all-organic farm and it's message is clear – the restaurant wants you to make friends with food, and enjoy healthy dishes that are both comforting and delicious. Dishes may be designed for sharing, but most of the larger options will do the trick on their own, making GLOW just as great an option for a quick solo lunch as it is a communal blow-out with family. Well-being cuisine made with fresh ingredients is complemented by a range of biodynamic, sustainable and natural wines, as well as healthy, detoxifying drinks.
King Prawn Rice Paper Rolls are filled with juicy prawns, vermicelli, basil, mint leave, crunchy vegetable and serve with chili dip it is our recommendation. Another choices on offer include low fat creamy broccoli-kale soup (think poached free range egg with emmental, and parmesan toast); Atlantic grilled salmon (organic spelt buckwheat noodle, spring onions,toasted sesame seeds with shoyu dressing) and desserts including guava sorbet and a mouth-watering good raw organic fluorless chocolate cake.
It's a nice Italian joint in Waldorf Astoria Maldives with really good pizza made of organic, non-GMO ingredients. Laid out deli-style and so very tempting, Nava let you pick and choose your flavours at the counter while ogling your soon-to-be meal. With many toppings to pick from, the highlights include the carbonara pizza, complete with pancetta and a creamy sauce; and the tried-and-tested favourite of spicy salami and bufala mozzarella. If you’re not too keen on gluten-induced bloat – or are vegan – you’ll be well served here, with many (fairly exciting) options on the menu to cater to your needs.
Get comfortable at one of the tables by the Mirror pool: the pastas, cheeses and olive oils may just inspire you to you do some Italian cooking at home. Indulge your senses at the resort's main playground with art, music, food and drinks. A beach club that spans the Waldorf Astoria's pools and sandy white beach also offers live DJs, refreshing cocktails and light meals for savouring by the poolside or the beach.
If you’re a lover of hand-crafted, signature barrel-aged, truly unique concoctions, We highly recommend visiting the master of mixology at the Peacock Alley bar from Roger. Live music from the resort's resident saxophonist and serene ocean views, help ones palate relax the soul and unwind in this serene lounge, when taking in these fresh libations. He’s truly remarkable; just give him your favorite liquor and he’ll amaze you with something one-of each time including creative tapas ad a great wines throughout the day and night.
A tradition that continues today, Peacock Alley is an elegant lounge celebrated as a place 'to see and be seen'. In addition to handcrafted drinks, a serene lounge overlooking the lagoon with live entertainment serves a wide selection of tapas and cigars, making it the ideal meeting place for a pre- or post-dinner rendezvous. In keeping with the Waldorf Astoria legacy, the speciality here is afternoon tea, enjoyed in comfort on the lounge’s dual-tone furnishings.
If you really want to drink the world’s top bubbles with Beluga caviar while watching sunset over Indian ocean head to Amber where champagne lovers can be truly engulfed in this decadent meal. Savor a unique range of the finest Champagnes along with a selection of hand-crafted Champagne cocktails and curated spuntini.
Russian sturgeon Caviar makes a beautiful pairing with fine champagne. Instead of Dom Perignon, consider an other equally delicious, Champagne alternative such as the Italian Prosecco, Spanish Cava or a great sparkling wine. Whatever your choice – make sure that the sparkling tipple of your choice is dry, not sweet, and suitably chilled of course! Remember in order to achieve the most delectable caviar pairings these gourmet indulgences must complement an epicurean experience rather than contrast. And if the thought of prices puts you off, visit Amber during what must be Waldorf's swankiest happy hour.
Spuntini range from balik salmon with crème fraiche on brown bread to Alaskan King crab (sake ikura,yuzu sabayon), Maldivian yellow fin tuna (with avocado, beluga caviar) and Westholme wagyu skewers with black truffle hollandaise.
Putting on a party? Get a room! Home to an extensive wine cellar of the finest New World favorites and Old World classics, the Rock is a private dining room for a celebration or get-together to remember. Enjoy a feast at an around a 200-year-old Jarrah wood table in a cave-like dining room built from Jordanian limestone. Exclusive wine dinners for 12 guests feature food and wine pairing menus paying homage to renowned wine regions.
Highlights of our dinner included freshly grilled lobster (the resort partners up with local fishermen to get fresh rock lobsters on a regular basis) and a 45-day dry-aged beef rib that was the perfect vibrant shade of pinkish red. No matter the occasion, the resort culinary team will personally cater to each client’s preferences with a memorable menu.
Best Experience: Over-water Villas, for couples and families, Service, Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining, Activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the resort ups the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests. Read Full Review
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (26.01.21) in Maldives
- Moonima - 07 Feb 2021 - from €1,299.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Carpe Novo - 13 Feb 2021 - from €1,362.00 - Addu - Foammulah - Huvadhoo (Gan - Kooddoo) - Save up to $800 OFF on junior and standard cabins.
- Blue Force One - 27 Mar 2021 - from €1,462.00 - 7 Atolls Route - Deep South Down (Male - Koodhoo) - $500 OFF!
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 17 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only. Book before 30 December 2020. T&C (20% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 02 May 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - %22 off
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 25.01.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Maldives Manta Ray Hot spots
- Experience Luxury Escape to Paradise at Universal Resorts
- Emerald Maldives launches New fun-filled, inspiring Family activities
- Scuba Diving Experience at Komandoo: a Typical itinerary
- Milaidhoo Maldives introduces Vacation Packages 2021
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo offers Whale Shark encounters
- Heritance Aarah named the Best Luxury All Inclusive Resort in Asia
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- Soneva Jani: Welcome to the Chapter Two
- Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa appoints Nikolaus A Priesnitz as GM
- Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives gets 2021 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award
- Newly awarded Wine Spectator, Vakkaru Maldives’ wine cellar Vakkaru Reserve welcomes its Head Sommelier
- 10 Excursions You Must Take Your Kids at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More