The Best cheap Hotels for divers in The Maldives
Places to stay in Maldives for scuba diving on a budget
The most idyllic island getaways with white beaches and amazing marine life, the Maldives is one of the best scuba diving destinations. Dive centres in Maldives operate at all the luxury resorts while truly dedicated divers head for liveaboards, cruising the atolls for the best of the best and this experience is not cheap of course.
If you're planning a cheap scuba diving holiday based on land where you can return to the comfort of your room every day, look no further. Budget tourism has been open in the island nation for over a decade, to allow visitors to stay on local islands, and enjoy everything that the Maldives has to offer, including an affordable access to some of the most coral reef fish diversity. There's nothing wrong with saving up for that dive trip of a lifetime.
These 10 hotels are run by passionate divers offering world-class diving along with superior accommodations. Our budget-friendly hotel list also cover the full range of experiences, from PADI dive courses and easy conditions for the less experienced, to shark infested seas and wrecks for avid divers. There's something to suit every diver taste and pocket. And you can be sure that whatever option you go for you get best value for money without breaking the bank! Here are our ‘top picks’.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Ari Queen - 07 Jan 2023 - from €1,816.00 - Classic Central (Male - Male) - 7 Nights - Save up to $428 OFF! Rates include discounts. (23/9)
- Emperor Explorer - 02 Apr 2023 - from €2,336.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 07 Jan 2023 - from €2,021.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! Also available for group bookings. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 01 Jan 2023 - from €2,111.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! T&C applies. (10% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 01 Jan 2023 - from €1,940.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 14 Jan 2023 - from €1,886.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Autumn Sale! (10% OFF)
Designed and managed by divers, for divers Boutique Beach All Inclusive Diving Hotel is located in Dhigurah, an area famous marine protected area for whale shark and manta rays. Dhigurah is a 20-minute domestic transfer from Male and also has a 3 km of natural sandy beach for sun bathing and swimming. Each air-conditioned room here will provide you with a desk, safety deposit box and balcony.
The contemporary diving & snorkelling hotel offers a truly all-inclusive accommodation, PADI 5* dive-base and diving package where diving and excursions are included in the price. There are 15 deep reefs between Dhigurah and the next island. The popular Kudarah Thila is a 10-minute boat ride. Diving with whale sharks guaranteed. Manta cleaning stations nearby! Book Now
Rasdhoo Dive Lodge is a diver-friendly, beachfront property located Rasdu. It offers a diving centre, an in-house restaurant and a excursions booking centre, making it a one stop shop for fun-packed holidays. The budget hotel has 10 rooms with garden view. Private rooms are en-suite, modern and elegant with soaring wood-beamed ceilings and enormous beach-facing terraces. All rooms offer air-conditioning and complimentary Wi-Fi. The Male International Airport is 60 km away. Book Now
Of course, diving in Rasdhoo is also incredible. Amazing thilas, kandus, wrecks and coral reefs near Rasdhoo are filled with different species and marine creature, and more than enough macro to satisfy the critter hunters. Experienced divers will also find challenging dives with many types of sharks including Hammerheads.
Endhaa, Divers Home in Fuvahmulah is a large house with bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a large luxurious bathroom and two courtyards. The property is located in the center of the island, close to shops, stadiums and a hospital. Very quiet and secluded place - what else is needed for a relax after an exciting diving? The hotel provides accommodation with a restaurant, a shared lounge and a private beach area. Boasting room service, this property also provides guests with a children's playground. Continental and buffet breakfast options are available every morning at Endhaa, Divers Home. The nearest airport is Fuvahmulah, 1 km from the accommodation. Book Now
Without a doubt, diving in Fuvahmulah is ultimate. When go to diving in Fuvahmulah, divers can spot 7 types of rare sharks in one dive. Here divers can see dozens of Tiger sharks everyday. Hundreds of Black Oceanic Mantas arrive for cleaning, when divers can enjoy their playful breeding behaviour. The gorgeous schools of Great and Scalloped Hammerheads stay on the current. Pure pregnant giant whale sharks. Fuvahmulah is only the place when all these rare pelagic are avaliable to see all together, throughout the year, in natural environment and comfortable conditions. Read more
With white beaches, blue lagoons and covering reefs situated in rich under water paradise of Maldives, Plumeria Maldives is located in Vaavu Atoll Thinadhoo. The 4-star hotel has a total of 64 luxurious rooms which consist of 29 Super Deluxe rooms and 19 Deluxe rooms and 16 Beach Villas. This property has an outdoor swimming pool, an elevator, a terrace coffee shop, reception with a comfortable lobby with billiard table, coffee shop, main restaurant with 200 pax seating capacity and an international Kitchen. And this hotel is just a minute away from Plumeria beach and 5 minutes away from Bikini Beach. Spa, Yoga, scuba diving, gym, fishing trips, sandbank trips, picnic island trips, visiting neighboring local islands and water sports activities are available for our guests. In the diving center they offer House Reef diving, Boat Diving, Night Diving and PADI courses. As a DAN member Plumeria also provides diving insurance for scuba divers. Book Now
Famouse for its beaches, reefs and sandbanks, Vaavu Atoll is also scuba diving heaven. Protected marine life around Vaavu Thinadhoo has a high biological variability in the Maldives with world class dive sites. Most fun dives are turtles, sharks, rays and pelagic species. The island also has its own house reef with easy access from the beach.
Offering a sun terrace and a private beach area, Shamar Guest house & Dive is the only divebase on Maamigili and set right on the beautiful beach with the Indian Ocean view. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Some rooms include views of the sea or garden. The rooms include a private bathroom equipped with a bidet and shower. There is free shuttle service from the Villa airport to the property.
With so many underwater marvels to see in Ari atoll, narrowing down a dive site can be tricky. Let Shamar’s onsite PADI Five Star Dive Center take care of all your diving needs for the week, from outfitting you with a full scuba kit to helping you decide between whalesharks, mantarays, thilas and reefs. Book Now
You will have the best of both worlds in Scuba Inn: PADI dive center (Drift Divers Maldives) and warm hospitality of Omadhoo island. Arif (the owner) is the best dive master in and around Maldives hands down. A fun dive trips are superb, and expect to see an amazing mantas, turtles and sharks whilest dive.
Facilities very cleaning each day. Nice garden where you can relax drink tee view Scuba Sea-dive Omadhoo video, read and listening soft music with friend or family. Rooms are confortable and clean. A really delicius local specialities cockied by good chef every day he was every time carefully about each personal request. Book Now
With 10 rooms and inhouse pool, Equatorial Divers Lodge is the place in Addu for scuba divers. 99% of the guests are divers from all over the world. The guests can stay in the most comfortable way in Addu Atoll with excellent service. Breakfast is at the lodge and for lunch and dinner, you can choose the inhouse restaurant or from several restaurants and coffee shops in Feydhoo or on the next Island. If you would like a full board package, that is no problem.
Diving in Addu atoll, the most southern waters of the Maldives is a special experience that stands out from your common scuba adventures. Manta Rays can be seen the year round and the biggest shipwreck in the Maldives, The British Loyalty Wreck is a 25-minutes away by boat. The hotel partners with Aquaventure Dive Center that is the first Dive Center in local Addu and the only dive center with European Management & Multi Language Instructors. Book Now
Really a nice cozy place Tiger Shark Residence & Dive is in Fuvahmulah, the best place to dive with sharks in Asia. The rooms, situated around the garden, are clean and very comfortable. Food at the restaurant is local and amazing. The home cooked meals are a godsend after diving all day. The pool is clean and great for laps. The hotel's pelagic dive crew are amazing offering the best shark adventures.
All guest rooms come with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a kettle, a bidet, a hairdryer and a desk. Featuring a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries, rooms at the guest house also have pool view. Book Now
Located in Feridhoo, Villa Rosa Maldives offers accommodations with a private beach area and a garden. With a shared lounge, the guest house has air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi, each with a private bathroom. Grill/bbq, Italian and local dishes are served at the on-site restaurant.
You'll love to enjoyed diving at their dive shop Noohiri based at Villa Rosa Maldives that provides fun diving trips and dive courses ranging from Scuba Diver / Open Water to Divemaster level and Specialty Courses. The diving school offers a great package of unlimited adventure and pleasure at inexpensive prices. Everything is well organized, the equipment new, the guiding spot on and the diving itself just spectacular! Book Now
Facing the beachfront, Pearl Sands of Maldives offers 4-star accommodations on Huraa Island in North Male Atoll and has a restaurant, shared lounge and garden. Boasting family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. Each rooms has its own balcony/patio with a gorgeous view of the sea or beach in addition to hotel's own private beach for the exclusive use of hotel guests. The accommodations offers evening entertainment and a 24-hour front desk.
From 2017 Pearl Sands Maldives is home to ALBATROS TOP DIVING (ATD). Providing services for both scuba divers and snorkellers ATD main objective is to create unique and unforgettable experiences in this wonderful underwater paradise. Book Now
North Male Atoll is the most known and explored diving area in the Maldives, this atoll has the most complete and colorful reefs among all the Maldives. However, this does not mean that there are no other types of dives here. There are also many wrecks, caves, channels, walls and drift diving with large pelagic species such as mantas and hammerhead sharks. Tuna, napoleon wrasse, eagle rays and reef sharks often spotted cruising along the coral and sponge encrusted wall, and plenty of macro species can be found in the nooks. Currents can be strong, but there is usually a place to shelter if necessary. Read more
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - UP TO 45% OFF with additional benefits
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF: BEST AVAILABLE RATES
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- NOKU MALDIVES: - 4th Anniversary 40% OFF offer!
- Adaaran resorts: - Last Minute OFFER with Maximum Flexibility
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Accommodation
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More