The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
Best Experience for: Luxury Lifestyle, Water villas, Couples, Families, gourmet dining, spa, diving
Updated July, 2021
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives is a gem of Fari Islands, an archipelago that features three world-class hospitality brands inclusive of The Ritz-Carlton. Set to open on June 2021 the 5-star resort is ideally located in the North Male Atoll and shined with white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons and coral reefs with marine life.
Using a minimalist approach to luxury The Ritz-Carlton Maldives will have 100 simple, yet staggeringly beautiful beach and overwater villas with private infinity pools set across three picture-perfect paradise islands, all with ocean and lagoon views of the crystal-clear waters. Embraced by the Maldivian sun and the local culture, guest villas at The Ritz Carlton Maldives, Fari Island are to range in size from one to three bedrooms, featuring the refined elegance and legendary service that define The Ritz-Carlton brand. A distinguished ‘Aris Meeha’ or butler tailors a journey of meaningful moments.
Guests will be able to dine at seven restaurants and bars showcasing global cuisines and breathtaking views, including a picturesque Fari Marina Beach Club features charming boutiques and a handpicked selection of dining options. In addition to a full suite of fitness and recreational facilities the property is also expected to offer indoor-outdoor Ritz Kids Club with daily activities, a tennis court, dive center withh snorkeling and water sports, and a signature Ritz-Carlton Spa.
The debut Maldives resort by The Ritz-Carlton is a 50-minute journey by speedboat or a 10-minute seaplane flight from the main Velana International Airport.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Baros Maldives: UP TO 50% off Bed & Breakfast; from US$400
- Kandima FLASH SALE - 50% OFF on All Meal plans
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival
- Atmosphere Resorts: Book direct to Save 25% off + FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR test!
- Reethi Beach - SUMMER DEAL - 3O% OFF
- You & Me Maldives: - UP to 35% OFF Basic Deal 2022
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - 28% OFF with additional benefits
- Mirihi Island: Special Offer - Stay from 1st May 2022 till 31st October and save -25%
- Kuramathi Getaway: with Complimentary Meal Upgrade
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
The Fari Islands
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives is located within the Fari Islands, an archipelago featuring three luxury private resorts and a marina. The Marina is built around with a vibrant Fari Beach Club, high-end boutiques, art studio, Fari Lagoon Coral Adoption & Marine Biology Center and a selection of upscale restaurants.
Bringing a refreshing scene of art, music, culture and shopping The Fari Archipelago redefines the Maldivian experience offering guests a balance of cosmopolitan and private island life.
With around-the-clock boat transfers between The RitzCarlton Maldives and Fari Marina, guests are spoilt with an array of meaningful experiences.
The Fari Marina also features berthing ports to anchor private yachts, presenting a stylish-new destination for yachters.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives is spread over three artificial islands linked to each other by walkways. A bicycle is provided for each guest to explore the resort. North-south oriented beaches and over-water accommodation allow views of both sunsets and sunrises. View resort map
Today the luxurious grounds cannot yet boast of posh vegetation but thousands of palms and carefully selected native plants and shrubs were planted to transform the face of the islands. The 30-meters Banyan tree in the resort’s spiral garden is an excellent example.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives is focusing its attentions on the Maldivian lifestyle to ensure guests feel the warmth and generosity of these rich traditions and are able to explore them further through the design, service, dining, landscaping and experiences at the resort. All spaces of the hotel have been designed by the renowned architects, to bring about a delicate balance of serene and social.
The Maldivian embrace is also be felt through the high level of service at the hotel. On arrival, guests are welcomed met by the blowing of the Sangu horn, which traditionally would have been blown in island communities to announce an arrival or important news. A welcome drink made from local screw pine, an exotic fruit dense in nutrients, will be shaken and served in the villa by the Aris Meeha, who will greet the guests in Dhivehi.
Eco-friendly resort mainly operating on solar energy The Ritz-Carlton Maldives with five other Ritz-Carlton hotels globally the luxurious property is the only resort in the Maldives to offer the Ambassadors of the Environment program. In collaboration with the Ocean’s Future Society, the resort will enrich the experience for guests of all ages to the natural Maldivian wonders both above and below water.
North Malé also known as northern Kaafu is the main atoll in the Maldives, where in the first time in the country the tourism was launched. The capital of Maldives, Male City and Velana International Airport (MLE) are also located in the North Male Atoll. The atoll is home to a great collection of luxury 5*-star resorts and hotels. Diving, relaxation and surfing are the main types of outdoor activities in this atoll and the pristine beauty of the paradise islands. Learn more
The resort is reachable by a 45-minute scenic journey by a luxury speedboat or a 10-minute by a seaplane from Velana International Airport.
Inspired by the ocean, all guest luxury villas at The Ritz Carlton Maldives, Fari Island set above vibrant azure waters or nestled along white-sand beach coves whilest Lagoon Pool Villas are scattered around the edges of the island.
The resort is a home to 100 elegantly designed villas by 5 categories and the only The Ritz-Carlton Estate, where modern architecture blends the Maldivian island living with modern design. Indoor and outdoor spaces, each guest villa offers a private pool with sea view, sundeck, ensuite bathroom and a lavish collection of personalized amenities including complimentary Wi-Fi and bicycles, one for each guest, to use throughout the stay.
Each villa has its own Aris Meeha – a modern-day butler concept which is considered guests’ closest confidante whilst on the islands and fulfil every detail of their stay.
Set along white-sand beach coves Beach Pool Villas offer direct access to the white-sand beach and equipped with floor-to-ceiling windows with ocean view. Depending on the location, guests can enjoy stunning sunset (Grand Sunset and Uthuru coves) or sunrise (Dhekunu, Sangu and North coves) panoramics. View Resort plan
Modern minimalist design of living space with neutral color palette and natural materials provides seamless transition from indoors to outan Iitegrated infinity pool with sundeck. All luxury rooms have ocean-facing king bed, luxurious bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, double vanity and separate oversized soaking tub.
With breathtaking panoramic ocean views Lagoon Pool Villas are suspended over the crystal waters of the turquoise lagoon. These rooms are only a few steps down a staircase into the cristal clear water, so definitely worth considering if you love swimming and snorkelling. Designed for the maximum in comfort your luxurious accommodation offers 150 sq. m, equipped with all the conveniences you need. Relax by the pool on your private terrace, dream in an overwater hammock or step directly into the ocean. All Lagoon Villas are located on the sunrise side of the islands.
With the blue sea below, Ocean Pool Villas put you in prime position for blissful escapes for a full Maldivian experience. Set at 'Quay Lagoon' around a ring-shaped The Ritz-Carlton Spa, all rooms offer maximum seclusion and privacy as well as uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean and direct access to the turquoise waters. The wooden deck features an integrated infinity pool with sundeck and an overwater hammock for sunbathing and sea access. With floor-to-ceiling windows with ocean view the bedroom has a The Ritz Carlton's signature king-size bed while the bathromm has a indoor and outdoor rain showers and separate oversized soaking tub. Aris Meeha, or personal butler is available 24/7.
Dining and Wining
The immersion in local cultures also reaches into the hotel’s vibrant culinary scene which unfolds seven restaurants and two bars located on a dedicated Culinary Island, Grand Sunset Beach or at the Fari Marina.
Among the dine options at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives one can experience the joy of a robust Italian espresso; share conversation over Cantonese tapas; toast to the sunset with a chilled glass of rosé or enjoy a local version of traditional Afternoon Tea.
Fresh vegetables and herbs will be cultivated in the resort’s organic garden and the chef's team will work closely with local fishermen, to provide guests the freshest fish, seafood and the well-known local lobsters, and to ensure that the fish is caught sustainably.
The resort’s signature cocktail selection is inspired by the maritime spice routes that shaped the Maldivian story and includes five spices: cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin and turmeric.
LA LOCANDA is the resort’s “living room,” serves Southern Italian flavors and celebrates the aroma of fresh coffee pours out of the espresso bar and a curated library invites one to settle in with a good book. Opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner the indoor-outdoor restaurant is a prelude to a leisurely in a picturesque setting to embark on a culinary journey at the chef’s table or celebrate in the private dining room.
Floating over the lagoon, Summer Pavilion offers a fine, 40-seat restaurant where Cantonese cuisine is center point. Set within a lantern-inspired space, the overwater restaurant is a collaboration with Singapore’s Michelin-starred Summer Pavilion. A feast for the eyes and palate, the dishes, including tapas-style goodies and roasted duck, are designed to be shared and paired with fine Chinese teas and selections from the extensive wine cellar.
Whether you’re looking for shrines to sushi or a full-blown kaiseki experience, you’ll find it all at IWAU restaurant serving Japanese flavors under a starry sky. With open-air setting the restaurant features two nine-seat teppanyaki grills where guests can watch chefs prepare seafood and meat dishes. Sushi and sashimi and everything else – including one-dish wonders and pap-baiting stunners are offered at romantic tables for two set within the pool itself. Meals are complemented by an extensive selection of Japanese sakes, whiskies and teas.
Set on the Grand Sunset beach and the sea just steps away Beach Shack exudes the Mediterranean with its carefree spirit and relaxed cuisine. With sand under your foot this family-friendly venue is right place to share plates and grilled seafood are served alongside fruit- and herb-based cocktails and an impressive selection of French rosé. Resident and visiting DJs spin throughout the day, kid’s story time is offered fireside and weekly themed events highlight art, fashion and food.
Experience beachfront dining that couples elegance and wellness at EAU bar. Serving: lunch, afternoon tea and dinner the luxury wellness retreat in restaurant form, the beachfront Eau bar is recommend to health-conscious diners with a penchant for indulgence. Expect to enjoy with locally ingredients and ethically sourced, and the delicious menu features a large selection of plant-based dishes. Healthy elixirs are balanced with cocktails prepared tableside, and Afternoon Tea gets a Maldivian twist. Sunset is celebrated each evening with a captivating ritual.
Set within a colourful Bedouin tent-inspired restaurant in FariMarina, Arabesque takes guests on a culinary journey from Lebanon to North India. Serving lunch and dinner the sunken dining room with hanging lanterns and colorful fabrics is the place for shareable mezze platters, tandoor-grilled meats and iconic street fare. Savory dishes are offered alongside flavorful hookahs, Turkish coffee, Moroccan tea and creative cocktails.
Opened daily for lunch and dinner, TUM TUM is a festive food trailer in Fari Marina offering scrumptious street food across Asia, tempting guests a pit stop amid shopping, arts and culture. Here, each country offers its own version of street-friendly fare. Meat- and vegetable-filled bao buns, steamed dumplings, aromatic soups and flavorful noodle dishes are among the menu highlights at Tum Tum.
Whether set on a private sandbank, a lantern-filled beach or a private yacht, the resort offers 'Dine by Design' experiences with specially curated SAVOUR menu to celebrate life’s most meaningful moments.
Families and young guests will delight in the full at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands to explore with the destination through Ritz Kids.
Children will love Ritz Kids programme as well as a range of experiences to protect and explore the ocean around them, including Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassador of the Environment programme.
Designed for those ages 4 to 12, the program uses its four pillars—land, water, environmental responsibility and culture—to create a schedule of daily activities including bike rides, pottery lessons, cooking classes and more.
The Ritz Kids Club boasts futuristic indoor-outdoor space with playgrounds, napping pods, an area for video games and movies, and a pool with slides and jets.
From pampering spa treatments to aqua adventures, romantic beach picnics to family memories made in the sun, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives invites you to explore the island nation both above and below the water’s surface. Dive into the ocean to swim with sharks, turtles and glide over reefs, or remain afloat with canoeing, kayaking and windsurfing. Discover why the Maldives is one of the world’s most celebrated island destinations.
For water babies there are scuba diving, water sports adventures including kayak, jetskis and fly boarding.
On the land you can enjoy a state-of-the-art fitness centre with personal training, a yoga studio with daily classes and post-workout relaxation sauna and steam separated for ladies and gentlemen. A host of island sports, including tennis, pétanque, beach volleyball and football, round out the 'things to do' offerings.
Each day at the resort offers an array of experiences for guests of all ages including a photography studio, outdoor movies, cooking classes and traditional Maldivian drum lessons.
In addition, the resort will have a Moodhu Edhuru (loosely translated as guru of the sea) who will pass on local folklore inspired by the rich Maldivian marine culture, narrating stories each evening around the beach campfire
Designed just for you and your beloved the tropical landscape, azure sea and white-sand beaches of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands offer a picturesque backdrop for a destination wedding. Overwater villas, romance in the air and secluded sands are transformed into magical celebrations under the guidance of the resort’s wedding experts.
The Ritz-Carlton Spa
A ring-shaped sanctuary set over the blue lagoon The Ritz-Carlton Spa has nine spa treatment rooms including a spa suite with its own relaxation lounge, a salon and a boutique.
A haven of relaxation cardinal directions of each treatment room exude powerful energy complemented with healing massages and thoughtfully-selected amenities, offering guests a luxurious wellness experience.
Treatments will include a variety of typical massages and body and skincare — but with Bamford’s holistic healing twist, including the Bamford Ultimate Signature Treatment, a special wellness experience that combines targeted ancient techniques that are designed to improve overall wellbeing.
You can pampering here to escape for a few hours, or craft a personalised journey of wellness with a series of daily treatments.Everything here is designed to help you recharge and find your calm. Begin planning your wellness stay with luxurious ENLIVEN THE SENSES offer
What You Need to Know
- View the vacation packages and hotel deals for the overwater villas at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, featuring modern minimalist architecture and family-friendly amenities.
- In March 2022 Marriott International appointed Renato De Oliveira as General Manager of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives will be a Category 8 Bonvoy property (Marriott’s highest award tier), meaning that free night redemptions will cost:
- 70,000 points per night during off-peak season
- 85,000 points per night during standard season
- 100,000 points per night during peak season
- As usual, you get a fifth night free on award redemptions
- In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at this property. Read more
- opening prices from $1,500 for a night Book Now
- Shared Luxury Speedboat Transfer (approx. 45 minutes scenic trip) per person for roundtrip : Adult at USD 1.109 / Child (0-11.99) at USD 554.5
- Shared Seaplane Transfer (approx. 10 minutes trip) per person for roundtrip : Adult at USD 1.356 / Child (0-11.99) at USD 678
- Check-in from 15:00 hours; Check-out until 12:00 hours;
- 100 villas, from one to three bedroom accommodations
- 24 hours ‘Aris Meeha’ or butler service for every villa
- 7 restaurants and 2 bars, including a Michelin-Star collaboration
- Signature Ritz Kids program
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa, offering 9 treatment rooms and a Spa suite
- Children of any age are welcome. Children aged 12 years and above are considered adults at this property.
- There is no capacity for cots or extra beds at this property.
- Please inform The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
- Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
- The hotel is part of Fari islands archipelago that includes three resorts, so it likely won’t feel quite as private as some of the resorts that have nothing else within miles.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Adora - 11 Jul 2022 - from €1,603.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Group Special Available. (15% OFF)
- Capre Novo - 26 Nov 2022 - from €2,166.00 - North Male-South Male-Vaavu-South Ari-North Male (Male - Male) - (18% OFF)
- Pearl 111 - 06 Aug 2022 - from €1,768.00 - Classic Route (Male -Male) - (15% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More