10 of our favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
Why Kuramathi Maldives is Getaway that checks the Bucket-list boxes
All the elements of a tropical paradise await at Kuramathi Maldives: the powder white sandy beaches, crystal clear sparkling waters, pristine sandbank and an amazing house reef – and of course the scenic seaplane journey.
The large island boasts with luxuriant vegetation, a range of luxe villas, an abundance of dining options and a long list of activities you actually have to decide on. Discover Kuramathi, and you shall find out the reason why. An array of wonderful experiences on the island awaits you and one could create dozens of colourful memories on the island.
It is a sensational retreat for the many guests who call this island their sanctuary. Choose Kuramathi, and experience the difference as there is something, literally, for everyone!
If the mere mention of the ‘Maldives’ gets your heart racing, but you need a few more reasons to book, start with the following 10 iconic why we love Kuramathi Island.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Atmosphere resorts - 20% OFF, FULL ALL INCLUSIVE, book by 28 January 2023
- Kandima: Summer DEAL - up to 65% off - FB, on all room types
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan Luxury All Inclusive deal
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Amilla Early Bird FLASH: 40% OFF on water villa rates + HB meal
- Baros Maldives: 35% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Many travellers may have questions regarding the current global situation and how it may affect your stay at Kuramathi. As resort's priority is the safety and wellbeing of the guests and team members, we would like to share with you some of the measures that are in place at Kuramathi to ensure your safety and wellbeing during your stay on the island during these times.
These safety protocols are based on the guidelines and recommendations of the Health Protection Agency of the Maldives, and best practices within an industry at present.
Kuramathi is located in Rasdhoo ( North Ari), a tiny atoll with 5 islands, only 56-km from Male airport. Unlike other island resorts which require either boat or seaplane transportation, Kuramathi's location is able to offer both options. Those looking to save some pennies will choose speedboat, which takes 90 minutes. The seaplane option will cost more, but the experience is worth considering for the convenience, comfort, and views.
Upon arrival, you are met and greeted by our airport hosts and ushered to the Kuramathi Lounge where you can pamper yourself with its complimentary benefits till your departure to Kuramathi. Planning your stay prior to reaching Kuramathi can be done here, with the aid of the Lounge Hosts who can guide and assist you with any request you may have.
Designed for all budgets, Kuramathi offers the 12 distinct villa choices, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pools, you are bound to find the perfect room for you. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house, set on the beachside, with two storeys each featuring separate living spaces with individual entrances. Those yearning to rekindle the flame of love may opt for a Pool Villa, a cozy nest equipped with lush creature comforts and stunning vistas.
The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanity, LED-lit shower, and freestanding baths. A 10-metre lap pool completes this piece of haven.
Sensational indoor and outdoor activities at Kuramathi Maldives include a scuba diving, water sports and various excursions including dolphin spotting and whale shark trips, fishing, the options keeps on expanding. With crystal clear waters surrounding the pristine island, there is just a lot things to do to keep you at bay!
On the land, indulge in a game of tennis, maintain fitness via our gymnasium, take a dip into the Infinity Pool for a quick swim or simply laze with a book on the beach to acquire a personal dose of Vitamin D.
With all those strenuous activities one could ponder what the dining options are? Feast on international cuisine from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars conveniently located in beautiful settings around the island.
Leave all worries behind, and choose one of Kuramathi's great-value all-inclusive packages to enjoy the best that resort has to offer. The Basic AllInclusive includes a wide range of beverages, and other benefits, while the Select All-Inclusive is ideal if you wish to truly indulge, as guests can dine at any of the à la carte restaurants as well as enjoy a wide range of classic and premium drinks including a selection of bottled wines.
Nightlife is abundant in Kuramathi as resort's resident band performs live with their sheer musical talent, starlit discos by our resident DJ, movie nights on the beach, and two-piece musicians further orchestrate a melodic array of what Kuramathi offers for the guests.Read More
Whether you are a young diver, a family, a complete beginner, a single diver, a couple or a group of experienced divers, Kuramathi invites you to join the underwater adventures! The beautiful island is blessed to have the world-famous Hammerhead Shark Point a mere eight minutes away by boat – one of the few remaining places in the world where you can still see these magnificent creatures. Experienced divers will also find challenging dives with many types of sharks, mantas, turtles, rays, napoleons, barracuda, trevally and tuna as well as many of the smaller, but no less interesting inhabitants of the reef.
Comfort and convenience for divers is assured with fast, modern dive boats that reach more than 20 spectacular dive sites within just 15 minutes. The daily trips are supplemented by twiceweekly full day safaris and half day trips to dive some of the best sites in neighbouring North Ari Atoll.
The island is also home to the Kuramathi Medical Centre and Hyperbaric Chamber.
For the young guests, Bageecha Kids Club is available for a fun-filled holiday. Engage in Beach Games, hone your culinary skills on Barbeque Day and make a dash for a splash on Pool Day!
Kids have lots to do here on Kuramathi as they are given new experiences in every direction, from Bubblemaker diving programs, wind surf lessons or even guided tours of the house reef together with the marine biologist.
With two storeys each featuring separate living spaces and individual entrances Two Bedroom Beach House is ideal accommodation for families.
Revitalize your mind, body and soul at Kuramathi Spa. The sanctuary of health is perched over a shallow, white sand lagoon and provides you with a tranquil atmosphere following an active day at the resort to impart absolute relaxation and rejuvenation.
With the cerulean waters as a backdrop, the spa consists of thirteen treatment rooms. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify with blends of diverse therapies including signature organic marine-based Voya products.
Luxury villas, intimate setting, enticing dining and amazing sunsets – just what you need for a heavenly honeymoon. Honeymooners can splurge on unique gourmet journeys, mingle chillaxing and underwater exploration with spa indulgences, and feel the heartbeat of the Maldives. Kuramathi, a most romantic getaway in Maldives, offers different packages to suit you.
You cannot ask for a more beautiful setting. The Renewal of Vows, especially for couples and honeymooners who wish to reminisce their memorable ceremony in a Maldivian ambience are offered 3 choices, from a simple service at the beach to an elegant one at the island’s sandbank or a more traditional and elaborate setting at the “chapel of love” set over the turquoise lagoon.
Being an island devoted to maintain its immaculate state, Kuramathi takes pride in its environmental initiatives and campaigns. The Eco Centre on the island provides guests an enriched experience and provides detailed information about the spectacular underwater world whilst also encouraging proper snorkelling etiquette to ensure that this fragile ecosystem is well preserved.
The Eco Centre also plays a major role in offering an educative understanding of the diverse flora found on the island. Guests can experience this by wandering through our Botanic Walk, Hermit Crab Walk or the Nature Trail.
The Eco Centre also advocates integration of eco friendly methods into operations and practices sustainable environmental tactics which include proper disposal, recycling grey water to water the plants and marking important occasions that signifies the value of the environment.
The Hydroponic Garden is one of the Kuramathi's hidden gems. The island harvest about 500 kilograms of different salad greens every month to serve in our guest and team member buffets.
The island is committed to protect the environment by creating environmental awareness for the guests and team members. Being an island blessed with luxuriant foliage and beautiful marine gardens, Kuramathi's role is to promote this cause and to maintain it's objectives to minimize our carbon footprint.
Best Experience: Couples, Family, Beach, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling
Strips of pristine beaches, world-class diving, fine dining and knockout spa, Kuramathi Maldives is rated one of the best hotels in the Maldives and with good reason. Kuramathi is one of the Maldives' most popular resorts and it's perfect if you're looking for variety alongside relaxation. Here, pathways weave through lush foliage, leading to the excellent facilities that are dotted around this large island. There are two oceanfront infinity pools plus a lagoon-style pool shaded by palm trees, and snorkelling on the stunning house reef is possible straight from the beach Read Full Review
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Nautilus Two - 25 Jan 2023 - from €2,615.00 - Ari and South (Male - Male) - Plus Free Nitrox! (20% OFF)
- Emperor Explorer - 22 Jan 2023 - from €2,094.00 - Sharktastic (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 01 Apr 2023 - from €1,806.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 26 Mar 2023 - from €1,902.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 28 May 2023 - from €1,498.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 23 Jul 2023 - from €1,451.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Moonima - 05 Mar 2023 - from €4,819.00 - Deep South (Male-Gan) - $500 OFF! Plus Free Nitrox. Rates include discounts.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More