Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives
Best Experience for: Couples, Beach, House Reef Snorkeling, All Inclusive
Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives is the new brand luxury all inclusive resort with beautiful beaches and house reef snorkeling in Vaavu atoll. Officially opened on 1st October 2019 the five-star deluxe features sleek Italian design elements, a hosting loft, suites, water bungalows, villas and family accommodation comprising 90 rooms in five room categories. Exclusively designed furniture from Germany, Italy and the Far East offer the property a chic and exclusive ambience. Guests can dine at the resort’s variety of gourmet restaurants serving an international platter in the most scenic setting. The resort also offers a continental or buffet breakfast.
Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives is surrounded by a beautiful lagoon, an excellent house reef and long stretches of white, sandy beach. The resort offers an array of unique experiences including a swimmable lagoon surrounding the island with an abundance of marine-life. It is the only resort on the island of Aarah, located in in the pristine waters of Vaavu (Felidhoo) Atoll. Special features on the property include the main bar with sweeping views of the Indian O, a fully-equipped sports bar, and a luxury wellness spa operated by the acclaimed Mandara Spas. The resort can be reached by 25-minute seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport or through Speed boat transfers which takes a 75-minute ride.
In addition to the newly opened Cinnamon Velifusji, Sri Lanka’s largest hotel operator owns and operates three resorts in Maldives: Cinnamon Hakuraa Huraa Maldives, Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives, and Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Opening Celebration Offer up to 45% OFF; Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 30 Sep 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 31 Aug for a stay until 20 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $335/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 Aug 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
Vaavu is a “niche” atoll that only the great enthusiasts of the place know well because of the beautiful diving spots and its distinctive naturalistic note. Its poor housing density and the resulting small number of human settlements still gift stunning natural landscapes, able to conquer the eyes and the heart of those who cross it. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Velifushi’s features are its white sandy beaches, its silences, accomplices of the great intimacy that characterizes it, and its predisposition to the enjoyment of aquatic experience. The proximity of the reef to the beach, the many nearby snorkeling spots and a colorful reef that in recent years has given signs of recovery, make Velifushi a place to live a unique experience
The facilities around the resort are stunning, the reception area, the restaurant and the pool-bar in particular. Since the hotel is new, it cannot boast of an abundance of vegetation. The island in itself is beautiful and will become more so in time once plants and trees have grown. The beach area and the walk-ways are kept in almost pristine condition by attentive staff.
The staff is all professional and incredibly friendly. They are pleasant, kind and chatty without being over bearing.
Heaven for adventures and scuba divers, Vaavu is an administrative atoll in the Maldives. Located between South Malé Atoll and Meemu Atoll, Vaavu is also known as the natural Felidhoo Atoll, which includes the ring-shaped Vattaru reef. Vaavu is the smallest of all atolls in terms of population density. The lack of people led to deserted white beaches and stunning natural scenery. Even among the Maldivians, who are already difficult to impress with turquoise pictures of paradise, these islands are famous for their natural beauty. Read More
Located in Vaavu atoll, Cinnamon Velifushi is accessible by a 25-minute scenic seaplane jorney from the Maldives’ main Velana International Airport. Alternative, guests can opt for a 75-minute speedboat transfer over the beautiful waters of the Maldives.
You can also combine one-way transfer types. Just make sure you aware what time you are departing from Malé so you can get the right speedboat/seaplane and make the most of your last day.
Lofts and Bungalows
Accommodation at Cinnamon Velifushi is one of 90 bungalows and suites. Guests can choose from a Superior Beach Loft, Beach Bungalow, Water Bungalow, Sunset Water Bungalow with Jacuzzi, or Water Suite with Pool.
The Superior Beach Lofts (79sqm ) are designed for guests who enjoy the view of the waves crashing onto the white sands as much as hopping onto the beach. If you’re one of them, consider the private terrace as your haven. Lounge there, sip on a drink and take in the turquoise of the waters, and the whites of the beach. As you make memories with your friends, play some music on the portable sound system for a perfect setting. After basking in the sun, retire to the cushiony comfort of your room and feel the soothing ambience lull you into sweet slumber.
When white sands and crystal clear waters lure you into a morning jog, you know life’s a beach. Beach Bungalows (65sqm) give you the opportunity to get out into the boundless ocean, and dive freely, whilst inviting you to sleep in the lap of luxury. It’s where adventure and comfort are in absolute harmony. These rooms give you the freedom to get out into the boundless ocean, and snorkel freely, while inviting you to sleep in the lap of luxury.
The water villas definitely pack the WOW factor. These is just breathtaking. Water Bungalows and Sunset Water Bungalows with Jacuzzi (100sqm ) allow you to play in the sun whilst sitting on a hammock on your private deck, with rhythmic waves for music. All rooms are very large with very modern interior design: exquisite wood floors, large tiles in earthy tones, double person bath tub, extra large rain shower head, separate toilet room with sink, extremely large king beds, super soft linens, luxurious bath towels, extra large outdoor deck complete with steamer chairs. There are bathrobes, personal floating devices (PFDs), rain shawls, and all the toiletry items you will need for a comfortable stay. The room is cleaned twice a day with the best nightly turn down service you've ever experienced.
Its incessant flow of luxury and the uninterrupted view of the ocean will feel like a match made in heaven. Each of the Sunset Water Bungalows come with a private Jacuzzi, that adds its rejuvenating touch to this beautiful experience and direct access to the house reef snorkeling. Dipped in sheer luxury, these well-appointed spaces are perfect for a lavish holiday around breath-taking Maldivian sunsets.
Each of the 208sqm Water Suite with Pool is a spacious, velvety abode, surrounded by azure beauty on all sides, with an outdoor terrace that comes with its own hammock and a plunge pool. It gives you excuses to make unforgettable memories and share the most beautiful moments with those you love.
Restaurants and Bars
Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives has five different restaurants and bars, outstanding chefs and a passion for cuisine of the very highest standards. Guests can dine at the resort’s gourmet restaurants serving an international platter in the most scenic setting. Dining packages include bed-and-breakfast, half-board (breakfast and dinner), and all-inclusive standart or premium (all meals and alcohol). Download fact sheet .pdf
The Velifushi ’s al fresco restaurant, Vah, serves infinite portions of the beautiful ocean along with an array of international cuisines. The restaurant's buffet style and location has the most breathtaking views. The cuisine is very diverse and cooked to perfection. No matter what your palate prefers, the restaurant has got you covered, with Italian, Asian, Indian, Sri Lankan and Maldivian cuisine. Right from live-action counters, to dedicated spaces for salads and desserts, you’ve got aplenty to pick from. There is a cooking station where the chefs will make pasta and rice dishes in the evening as well as having a fish and meat BBQ and this food is always super tasty and the chefs are friendly!
The Marlin is seafood restaurant that opens for lunch and dinner only. We highly recommend dining there at least once. The lunch menu is mainly light snacks and pub grub served with a twist, whilst the dinner menu is a signature seafood menu, which highlights both local and international flavors served to perfection. The service is impeccable.
For those who live it up and party like there’s no tomorrow, here’s where you’ve got to be; the Hama rhythmic bar. The good music, great ambience and the fun cocktails here, are sure to lift your spirits. What’s more, it opens at 8 in the evening, and stay open till last guest.
Iru, which means ‘sun’ in native Maldivian language, is the beach bar at Cinnamon Velifushi. It’s where the resort serves its rich, signature gelato, besides other drinks and snacks. So, you can truly savour your time around the beautiful turquoise waters. Pick from a list of the most indulgent gelato flavours and quick grub — and there, you’re set for a beautiful day under the sun.
Trust the pool bar, Fen, to pour you an endless list of drinks. It takes after the limitless beauty that surrounds us. Here’s where you can work up an appetite, snack on and sip some fun cocktails. So, get your friends and family, and plunge into a pool of all things fun at the Fen pool bar.
Activities and Pampering
The house reef is brilliant, the corals are very good and there are soo many fishes and sea creatures, it’s really amazing!
There’s an inexplicable rush that surrounds special moments. And you can feel it in waves, in all boundlessness, at the luxurious Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives. Go diving, Snorkelling, canoeing, if you’d like to indulge in some sports. Or, go island hopping, or visit a local island for a cultural tour. If you’d like to spend time just around the resort, you could enjoy sandbank picnics, or you could play beach volleyball, or stay indoors and play table tennis, or billiards. There is also a well equipped gym with a very helpful trainer, always has a big smile.
The Mandara Spa is a perfect place to release tension and stress from the long journey. The therapists are all very kind, caring, and provided positive intention that added to the fantastic experience. Special mention to Wulan, she is the perfect therapist. Try her Balinese massage!
Please don't let the negative reviews put you off as it is such a fantastic place with great potential and with only a couple of improvements needed. Overall this is an amazing resort and just what you come to the Maldives for - excellent snorkelling, great scenery and truly relaxing. In our opinion is in 6-12 months this will truly be a luxury 5* resort. It has to be worked at, and this being a Cinnamon property, that is exactly what We believe will happen.
Pros: What Guests Love
- The island has a great location
- Staff is very welcoming and friendly
- Overwater Bungalows are visually stunning. All rooms are very modern and clean. Super comfy bed and a very quiet and good working AC
- The snorkelling is superb as is this house reef - easily accessible from water bungalows and a short snorkel out to it
- The marine life is amazing. Youcan see rays, turtles and sharks
- The beaches are beautiful and clean
- Huge saltwater swimming pool
- The pool is a nice area to relax, towels available from the bar
- The Mandara Spa is excellent and very relaxing
- The dive center
- a well equipped gym
- The beach bar by the pool is always great and the staff are fantastic
- The standart all inclusive is excellent - most cocktails and drinks are included as is a complimentary dolphin excursion
Things to Know before You Go
- Check out the Exclusive deals below at Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives. View the packages
- the property is only accessible by the following modes of transfer: Speedboat transfer takes 75minutes from Male International Airport. The return rates are: Adult: USD 250; Seaplane transfer takes 25 minutes from Male International Airport. The return rates are:
Adult: USD 450
- check-in 2:00 PM - 12:00 AM; check-out until 12:00 PM;
- Children of all ages are welcome. Children 2 and above are considered adults at this property.
- Sunset Water Bungalows is the best rooms to stay with easy access for house reef snorkeling
- Sand-shoes are essential.
- There are no umbrellas in the villa
- Don't need to do any other trips as you will see most of the marine life when snorkelling on the house reef.
- The food is good here, but not 5 star
- Today the main restaurant feels a little busy with long queue in the buffet
- The bar around the water villas does not have an atmosphere yet
- The non motorised sports (such as kayaking and paddle boarding) are not free to the guests as in other resorts
- Not enough advertisement of the evening activities - the guests are unaware of what is happening the main bar on the island
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Duke of York - 05 Sep 2021 - from €1,597.00 - Central Atolls (Male-Male) - Group Discount Available. Inquire for details. (25% OFF)
- Emperor Explorer - 08 May 2022 - from €1,595.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €384 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Emperor Leo - 05 Feb 2022 - from €2,439.00 - Deep South & Southern Shark (Gan - Koodoo) - €271 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 05 Dec 2021 - from €1,529.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1200 OFF - Rates include discounts! Valid until August 06, 2021.
- Emperor Serenity - 24 Apr 2022 - from €1,645.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €550 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Horizon 3 - 02 Jan 2022 - from €1,697.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Addu - (30% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 16.07.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- 10 Best Group Vacation Getaways in the Maldives
- S Hotels to bring Accor’s avant-garde lifestyle brand SO/ to Maldives
- Meeru Island celebrates Maldives Independence Day in Style
- Eat Below and Over-water in Maldives with two Michelin-starred Chef Paco Roncero
- Meet The Manta Rays on an All-Inclusive Summer getaway
- The Beach Break Everyone Needs This Summer at Innahura Maldives Resort
- Adaaran Resorts enhances guest safety in Maldives
- 5 Ways to See Dolphins in the Maldives
- Making Your return to COCO More Peacefull
- Summer Travel Specials in Maldives
- Foraging, Cookery and Lunch for Two at Amilla Maldives
- Maldives announces Easing of Travel Restrictions for Fully Vaccinated Asian visitor
- New Look Naladhu Private Island to relaunch in November
- After-Dark Activities in Maldives Worth Staying Up For
- Iberia launches Spain to the Maldives direct Flights
- Magical Eid Al-Adha Getaways in Maldives by Marriott Bonvoy resort
- Why Upcoming Cora Cora Maldives Resort - The Hottest New opening coming soon
- Meet the new Look of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More