Top 10 Things to Do at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
The Most Popular Activities at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
From revitalising face and body treatments to up-close encounters with creatures of the deep, to breathtaking excursions and sporting interludes, the magical essence of the Maldives transcends a simple holiday destination. Perfect for active families and couples Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is the epitome of luxury, featuring an array of exclusive bespoke services, exceptional accommodations and amenities, world-class dining, and personalized Waldorf service.
Whether you want to immerse yourself in Maldivian culture, discover the lagoon, plan a romantic escape or explore many of the water sport activities, this guide is the perfect place to start planning your unique must-do experiences and make the most of all that Waldorf Astoria Maldives has to offer. To help you to complete your luxury holiday experience and get the very best from your holiday we’ve put together a collection of the top 10 things to do, the best of the Waldorf Maldives awaits.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 50%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Accorhotels Maldives: Maldives destination offer
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer from $337.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Discover celebrated dining experiences in Waldorf Astoria Maldives and embark on an exquisite culinary journey around the globe with a unique setting. From outdoor dining overlooking pristine beaches and stunning shorelines to more formal spots boasting breathtaking views, the resort's fine restaurants and lounges invite food conversations from day to night. Step aboard a dhoni for a dinner champagne cruise for two or head to one of the spectacular venues for an exclusive gourmet meal where every dish is yours to savour, every bite designed to inspire. Read more
There is never a shortage of excuses for a great “treat yourself day” at Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi. Whether you’re activities out, celebrating a special occasion, just need to unwind, are striving for perfect inner or outer beauty, or. . . just because, you can find a luxury pampering palace that fits the bill in the Maldives.
From body scrubs that channel ancient healing rituals to the signature massage to the ultimate in facial anti-aging technology, Waldorf Astoria Spa has it all, including the Maldives first-ever Wellness Concierge service. Offering a personalized approach with a unique consultation process, a therapists deliver crafted solutions for guests to discover equilibrium in mind, body and soul. Read more
Take a personal Maldives guided tour with a marine biologist, and your explorations of the reef will be so much richer. Learn all about the different species that live in the waters around Waldorf Astoria Maldives, including the friendly turtles. Underwater world of Male atoll boasts of magnificent biodiversity with a concentration of whale sharks, manta rays, a myriad of colourful fish and the unique corals. This experience offers snorkeling at its best for underwater aficionados.
Explore the lagoon by stand up paddle board or canoe. With year-round balmy water temperatures, the Maldives is the perfect place for any water sports enthusiast. Whether you are a family with kids or a group of friends enjoy the large lagoon to either show off your skills or learn some new ones. With a vast blue lagoon, one of the most beautiful in the Maldives, Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi offers the idyllic setting for a range of exciting recreation and watersport activities. Enjoy a blast of fun with the watersports featuring myriads of activities to suit all age groups and interests. Experience spectacular views of the resort and nearby reefs by parasailing high above the sea or ride the Seabob underwater scooter. As for non-motorized water sports you can get your hands on windsurfing, catamaran sailing, kitesurfing, wakeboarding and kayaking.
The Waldorf Astoria resort spans three islands linked by bridges to each other. Guests can get around the islands by bicycles which are provided to each villa. A part of the adventure and an added treat at your own pace, bicycles to explore is a genius idea - 2 wheels are better than two feet and much quicker. Cycling to breakfast, lunch and dinner, to moonlight cinema, to diving, to yoga is so much fun. Just like being a children again.
Being located in the Maldives gives you the advantage of observing the marine ecosystem in its purest and untouched form. The Maldivian archipelago is known for varied marine life, especially manta rays and whale sharks, giving you the opportunity to watch them in their natural environment. The Maldives is also renowned for dolphin spotting.
Dolphin watching safari is one of the most fun-filled and moving family activity you can ever experience while in the Maldives. Watch them jumping and doing their friendly tricks as they frolic and play like a kids in the wake of the Dhoni boat. Get up close and personal and capture your best photos as the dolphins are looping in the air. Join on this sea adventure the whole family and be mesmerised when dolphins, including bottlenose and spinner dolphins, come out to play.
Sunset fishing trip is the better way to enjoy the beautiful Maldivian sunset. Never experienced fishing before? Popular with families and friends, a bottom-line fishing in traditional Maldivian style using lines and baited hooks on handheld reels is a fun activity. Expect to hook a red snapper, white snapper, grouper or barracuda, bring your catch back and let one of the signature restaurant’s chefs prepare it for you for an additional charge.
The Maldives experience is rarely done without fishing and big game huntinexperienced fisherman and novice alike. Embark on this multi-sensory trip with an early morning boat ride. Enjoy the thrill of battling with sailfish and marlin together with shark, GT, giant barracuda, rainbow-runner and wahoo that should literally budge you! READ MORE
If you’re a lover of hand-crafted, signature barrel-aged, truly unique concoctions, We highly recommend visiting the master of mixology at the Peacock Alley bar from Roger. Live music from the resort's resident saxophonist and serene ocean views, help ones palate relax the soul and unwind in this serene lounge, when taking in these fresh libations. He’s truly remarkable; just give him your favorite liquor and he’ll amaze you with something one-of each time including creative tapas ad a great wines throughout the day and night.
Whether it be a relaxing dive amongst colourful fish, observing manta rays in their cleaning station or adrenalin-fuelled shark dives, at Waldorf Astoria Maldives it’s possible. Both beginners and those of you with thousands of dives under your belt will be amazed by the diversity of reefs and the variety of marine life that calls the dozens of 'thilas', walls and 'kandus' their home.
With the Ocean Conservation Program, Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi is passionate about protecting the underwater environment of the Maldives. All dives are designed to preserve this precious world and ensure minimum impact on the environment while guiding the guests to unforgettable underwater experiences. The resort itself restores corals using coral frame in the coral nursery. Read more
10 Make Photos
These most picture-postcard spots in Maldives gives you the freedom to get the most of your holiday in this stunningly beautiful island nation which is blessed with outstanding beaches and crystal clear blue seas. Everyone wants to be in a picture with that perfect, idyllic backdrop and the Maldives offers its visitors unparalleled opportunities to do just that. Whether you are an experienced or amateur photographer, everyone will be able to capture the most wonderful memories of Waldorf Astoria Maldives holiday. READ MORE
Best Experience: Over-water Villas, for couples and families, Service, Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining, Activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the resort ups the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests. Read Full Review...
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (01.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 01.03.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Maldives named world’s most Instagrammed tourist location
- Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with Ministry of Crabs
- 5 Romantic Ways to enjoy Mirihi Island
- 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
- Discover an Unique places to Stay in the Maldives
- Hideaway Beach Resort and Lily Beach extend free PCR testing offer
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- The St Regis Maldives Resort wins prestigious Forbes Honour
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra’s Vacay at Seaside Finolhu
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Dhigali Family Escape: The Maldives Island for All Ages
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More