Two island resorts - One destination: Jawakara Islands Maldives
Best Experience for: Families, couples, All Inclusive, Diving
Updated October, 2023
New Family-Friendly vacation destination Jawakara Islands Maldives brings first-rate facilities, luxury villas and fine dining options over two islands. Here, a rich tropical nature, crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches of Lhaviyani Atoll set a unique backdrop for a family escape.
A luxury 5-star resort boasts 290 exquisite beach and water villas equipped with all the best comforts, ideal for people who want to enjoy a holiday with luxury in every detail. Creative foods served across selection of six restaurants and bars, all prepared by world-class chefs. Designed to cater to guests every whim, Jawakara has two infinity pools to choose from, including a kids pool that never fails to fun – but be warned, the turquoise lagoon may entice you into adventure. Water sports, snorkeling and diving experiences, kids club, over-water spa, and sports grounds, there’s countless ways to stay active at Jawakara Islands.
The resort is just 40-minute seaplane journey from Male Airport, and caters to the needs of multigenerational travelers, offering a unique and luxurious experience for families, romantic couples, sport lovers, and those seeking a tranquil escape in a stunning location.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Nova Maldives: BLACK FRIDAY Deal 55% OFF
- Kandima Maldives: BLACK FRIDAY 60% OFF
- Adaaran resorts: - BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY 40% OFF
- Cora Cora Maldives - 40% OFF, in Premium Inclusions & flexibility
- LUX* South Ari Atoll - 35% OFF into 2024 stays
- Anantara Maldives - UP to 35% OFF, Anantara’s special offers
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 35% OFF for stays from now into 2024
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
At the main Velana International Airport, guests are greeted by a dedicated CCR team and escorted to check-in at the seaplane ticket counter, after which they will be transported to the TMA terminal and have access to the the Neeri lounge area waiting for boarding a seaplane transfer to Jawakara Islands. The lounge allows guests of the five-star resort to relax undisturbed with food and beverages and free WiFi in air-conditioned comfort or al fresco. As for domestic transfers, guests will be escorted to the Domestic Terminal and up to the ticket counter for check-in and may remain inside the Moonima Lounge until boarding is announced or remain at the common area of the terminal. Lounge service is available at a charge.
The latest addition to the Maldives multi-island vacation, Jawakara facilities is spread over two islands: Dheru and Mabin. This islands link with a long stretched bridge over the Jawakara house reef and breathe originality into a paradise, making it perfect to discover your own dream escape. Mabin Island is 1400 meters long by 300 meters wide and Dheru Island is 450 meters long by 150 meters wide. With privacy assured by the famous ‘One Island, One Resort’ concept in the Maldives, Jawakara turn it into an even more unique destination offering a combination of the two islands for one great price. With relaxed vibe and world-class service, plenty of activities on offer, and miles of coral sand beaches to explore, everyone will be able to find their special place on the island paradise. In the near future Javakara plans to bridge the islands with a neighboring, sister Innahura resort.
Offering spacious villas on the beach and private suites under swaying palms, Mabin is the larger of the two islands that make up Jawakara. Perfect destination for travellers young and old Mabin is all about ample space and long stretches of landscape to explore and experience nature walks or bicycle rides. Welcome pavilion provides a seamless check-in & check-out experience for the Island guests and quick access to guest services. There are medical clinic, boutique shop and photo studio on Mabin Island too.
Dheru island offers a fully all inclusive, tiny, intimate island escape. Welcoming the whole family of all ages to experience the magic of Dheru Island. This island is a home to 88 beach and over-water villas with private pools.
On the ocean side, the islands are protected from the waves by a barrier reef, while the sunset beaches are overlooking a vast lagoon suitable for snorkeling.
The resort's managment understand how important it is to share your journey with the people in your life and those quick ‘catch-ups’, so they offer guests’ free WiFi in all villas and selected public areas to ensure a great holiday experience.
Famous for world class diving, Lhaviyani Atoll is collection of a charming islands in the northern part of the Maldives, that offers the perfect mix of tranquility with excitement, comfort and adventure. The islands of Lhaviyani atoll are located about 130 kilometers north of Male airport and are accessible by seaplane (30-40 minutes) , but new Madivaru domestic airport is scheduled to open in 2020.
To reach Jawakara Islands Maldives, guests can choose between an iconic Maldives seaplane transfer of 40 minutes or a 35 minutes comfort domestic flight transfer to Madivaru Airport following a 40 minutes speedboat transfer to the resort.
The largest of the islands, Mabin is home to the 202 villas, including 92 Beach Villas, 60 Beach Pool villas, 10 Two Bedroom Villas and 40 Water Pool Villas.
Beach Villas offer a naturally luxury island escape just a few steps away from the fine sands, inviting turquoise lagoon and main facilities. Next to the island's infinity pool and easy access to Mabin’s main facilities the Beach Villas with Pool are more spacious, an ultimate choice for those who wish to have the best of both worlds. Perfectly for for families and friends traveling together the Two Bedroom Beach Villas are equipped with a master bedroom and a second bedroom which can be converted into a twin / triple room.
Perched above the lagoon, Mabin Water Pool Villas are luxury family friendly accommodation brings a space for the whole family to enjoy with no age restriction. Live it up a little over-waters, slip into the warm Indian Ocean from your sundeck or soak the beauty of the Maldives from the privacy of your private infinity pool.
Each villa features a king size bed, air-conditioning, overhead ceiling fan, personal safe, sitting area, wooden floor, wardrobes, vanity, workspace with charging stations, and private sundeck with chaise lounges, a table and chairs. Villa amenities include a wine fridge, minibar, espresso machine, complimentary tea and coffee, IDD telephone, free Wi-Fi, Bluetooth sound bar, a 48-inch flat screen IPTV featuring the latest movies, indoor bathroom with a luxurious rain shower, double sinks, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers and nightly turndown service. Guests enjoy complimentary use of chaise lounges and beach towels at the beach and pool. Electricity is 220VAC, 50HZ with standard UK socket-outlets.
Overlooking the sea two main restaurants cater to the appetites of guests: VELA BUFFET RESTAURANT and SOUTH SIDE MAABINHURA BUFFET RESTAURANT – AILA, serve ‘all you can eat’ delicious buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. These indoor and al fresco dining experiences features a variety of international cuisines in a tradit.ional open-air dining room with live action cooking stations. From morning mezza to croissants and udon noodle bowls – it’s all here. MOLO, is the Mediterranean ala carte restaurant, welcoming all family and friends to indulge into the favorite foods of exceptional Italian cuisine. Pasta and pizza are way more than just fast-food comfort carbs at these exceptional restaurant.
Cocktails taste better when you’re drinking in sensational sea views. There are three bars on Mabin island with a chic indoor area and beautiful al fresco terrace overlooking a sparkling lagoon. Enjoy favorite beverage, as you watch the Maldives beautiful sunset or savour a nightcap alongside evening entertainment.
Jawakara resort's largest island welcomes kids in all the room categories including the Water Pool Villas. A place to make positive and pleasurable memories, Mabin is equipped with a Kuda Mas kids club where the children'll get lost in a world of fun, creativity and social interacting whilst having the time of their lives.
With beautiful white sandy beaches, crystal clear seas and a good house reef for snorkelling, Jawakara islands offers a lots of things to do both above water and below the ocean's surface.
For an active families and sport lovers the Mabin island includes two freshwater infinity swimming pools overlooking the ocean, a kids pool, artificial turf courts for football (futsal), padel tennis, tennis and badminton courts; a fitness centre, volleyball court and a golf course. The games room is featuring a table tennis, billiards table, a pinball machine, board games, Pac- Man, air hockey and chess.
One of the best in Maldives, Prodivers team offers regular scheduled guided diving and snorkelling trips, equipment and accessory sales, rental and repair, and a complete PADI 5-star training centre. If something goes wrong, a hyperbaric chamber is located nearby at Kuredu Resort Maldives. A good news: snorkeling equipment is available free of charge.
Watersports on offer: jet skis, water skiing, wakeboarding, fun-tubes, sofa rides, windsurfing, kayaks and catamaran sailing for rental and instruction, as well as group and private speedboat excursions (e.g. manta search, turtle quest and dolphin safari).
Looking for a bit of a relaxation? Or just fancy a bit of well-deserved pampering somewhere secluded and lush place? Nestled in the luscious tropical garden with a freshwater pool, Sulha Spa is a bliss wellness sanctuary, brings to live a 'Healing through Ayurveda' spa and well-being concept for guaranteed rejuvenation. The world-class therapists use harnesses Asian massage techniques alongside chemical free, pure organic products to create a natural, holistic and personalised approach to caring for each guest’s health, beauty and wellbeing.
If you still have power after all day activity BoduBeru cultural dance show, live music, DJ disco, divers video night, Maldivian culture & history introduction and other themed events help pass the night.
Designed to families of all ages Dheru is a small, intimate island escape for Fully All Inclusive holiday experience. Dheru hosts a total of 88 villas, including 18 Beach Villas, 30 Beach Pool villas, 5 Two Bedroom Villas and 30 Water Pool Villas. Beach villas are the same as on the Mabin island and added more spacious Three Bedroom Villas (193sqm). Dheru Water Pool Villas (107sqm) is adults only, of 18 years and above to enjoy.
Dheru Island offers a fully All-inclusive package, stacked with value for all the guests to enjoy an effortless, fun filled holiday including the most popular and must do activities as well culinary experiences included.
The SAIMA is a buffet restaurant with ever changing menu serves ‘all you can eat’ delicious foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This indoor and al fresco dining venue serves a variety of international cuisines in a traditional open-air dining room with live action cooking stations. UMI, ala carte restaurant located in the middle of the Jawakara Islands bridge, welcoming all family and friends to indulge into the tantalizing tastes of Asian Pacific cuisine. To enjoy a favorite drinks, as you watch the beautiful sunset or an evening entertainment Dheru offers the Blue Zone bar with a spectacular sea view.
The island has a state-of-the-art fitness centre, and all guests welcome to Mabin Island to use the sports and recreational facilities.
All Inclusive: What's included
- Daily Breakfast (07.30-10.30), Lunch (12.30-14.30) and Dinner (19:00-21.30) in Ekuveni Restaurant for guests staying at the western end of Mabin Island, in Aila Restaurant for guests staying at the southern end of Mabin, and in The Retreat Restaurant for guests staying in Dheru Island
- Casual Snack Day Menu, including pizzas, burgers, nibbles, and ice-cream available from 10:00 – 23:00, served at the Ekuveni Bar, The Retreat Bar and Aila Bar.
- Dine Around Option of a 3-course lunch and a 3-course dinner in the Blue Zone Restaurant, and Waves Restaurant. (Pre-bookings are required and subject to space availability).
- Dine Around in all Buffet Restaurants - Aila, Ekuveni and The Retreat Restaurants (pre-booking required and subject to space availability).
- Unlimited “all you can drink” alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages “in The Retreat Bar; Ekuveni Bar and Aila Bar from 08h00 to 01h00 • Daily refilled Mini Bar in villas
- Full bottle of Champagne served in the villa on arrival, per villa, per length of stay
- One Sunset Cruise, as per regular schedule • Free use of Fitness Center, Tennis, and Paddle Tennis courts • Free use of golf course and driving range (equipment included)
- Table Tennis, Billiards, and Football Grounds (equipment included) • Free use of bicycles during the stay
- One ½ hour group golf driving range lesson (equipment included) as per schedule
- One ½ hour group snorkeling lesson (equipment not included) as per schedule
- One ½ hour group windsurfing lesson (equipment included) as per schedule
- One introduction dive or orientation dive per stay (Certified divers only and only applicable for 7 nights stay and above)
- Free use of Kayaks and Wind Surfing (equipment included for 1 hour daily – basic experience required)
- Free Yoga Group Sessions include Asanas and Yoga Nidra, regularly scheduled
- Free use of Snorkeling equipment’s during the stay
- Daily twice, boat trips to house reef snorkeling, pre bookings are required.
- Free use of Kuda Mas Kids Club - A host of fun activities and learning experiences organized
- daily for kids. 20% discount on first two regular dives per guest (only applicable for 7 nights stay and above)
- One bag of laundry per stay
- Complimentary Spa Treatments for adults (15yrs and above) depending on the duration of the stay – Full details in the Premium All Inclusive Package
Things to Know before You Go
- Discover the Maldives with exclusive resort deals. Jawakara offers family-friendly specials, romantic packages, savings on luxurious accommodations and more. CHECK ALL OFFERS
- The resort is only accessible by seaplane transfer takes 35 minutes from Male International Airport.
- check-in from 14:00; check-out until 12:00 hours; Children aged 13 years and above are considered adults at this property. Cots and extra beds are not available at the resort.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More