Angsana Velavaru relaunches Funa Restaurant with world-class Pan Asian Cuisine
Maldives Restaurants & Dining
19 February, 2022
Funa Restaurant at Angsana Velavaru, one of the all-inclusive resort's two over-water restaurants, reopened its doors in late 2021 with a revamped menu inspired by the brand’s Asian Roots.
Angsana Velavaru’s Executive Chef Prasong Thaochan created a menu consisting of classic dishes with a slightly modern twist, concise yet bursting with flavours that will take the guests on a culinary journey to Asia. The Thai, Vietnamese, and Indonesian classic street foods will remind one of the bustling night markets, quiet rice fields, and conical hats. At the same time, the Japanese and Korean Rice Bowl selection will bring one to a reverie of a street filled with cherry blossoms and historical shrines and temples.
Angsana Velavaru’s All Inclusive Meal Plans offer the guests choices according to their preferences. And among the five different meal plans, STYLE and MAX plans provide exclusive access to Funa Restaurant, which opens from eleven in the morning until ten in the evening, providing beverages all-day and hearty lunches and dinners. In addition, a wide selection of wine is available to accompany the signature dishes and enhance the culinary experience.
The restaurant’s capacity is limited to a maximum of sixteen persons only at a time, making it a perfect setting for romantic dinners for couples, given the exclusivity and tranquil ambiance. Yet it can also host intimate events for small corporate groups or a group of families or friends with prior reservations.
Perched on the lagoon, with access to stunning views of the turquoise waters at day time, spectacular sunsets and star-filled sky in the night, and with the brand new World Class Pan Asian menu, Funa Restaurant sets the stage for a memorable dining experience.
Perched on an expansive private lagoon in the virtually untouched South Nilandhe Atoll in the Maldives, and just a 40-minute seaplane journey from Velana International Airport, Angsana Velavaru (the island known as “Turtle Island” in the local Dhivehi language) is surrounded by sparkling turquoise waters and ocean views as far as the eye can see. This luxurious tropical getaway offers the best of both worlds with 79 private villas, all with beach frontage, and a cluster of 34 InOcean Villas, the first standalone collection of water villas in the Maldives perched one kilometre from the main island.
With four outlets featuring a lavish spread of International, Mediterranean, Pan Asian, or Maldivian cuisine, even the most discerning palette will be pleased. Angsana Velavaru is the epitome of dining luxury – offering a variety of 5 All Inclusive Packages designed to cater to different characters of holidaymakers. From gourmet foodies, family travelers, spa lovers, novice and experienced divers, Angsana All Inclusive concept introduces a new style of intrepid travel in the Maldives and themes your holiday to impress the very best of #AngsanaMoments.
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Family Vacation, Water Villas, Beach, Activities
With some of the best water villas, Angsana Velavaru is located in Dhaalu atoll (South Nilandhe atoll), Maldives in 35 minutes by seaplane from Velana (Male) International Airport. With magnificent white beaches the resort is on the beautiful Velavaru island, which means "Turtle Island" and is surrounded by a picturesque lagoon with clear turquoise waters playing any shades of blue and green. Perfect for a honeymoon or other romantic getaway, as well as family vacation Angsana Velavaru Resort is not cheap, but a wonderful retreat for those with the finest of tastes. This 113-villa resort offers 79 island villas and 34 InOcean Villas, revealing spectacular views and direct access to the Indian Ocean.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More