10 Best Things to Do with Kids in Maldives
Best Family-Friendly Activities in The Maldives
Be sure, Maldives is the perfect destination for a luxury family holiday. There's an amazing sugar-white beaches, sheltered turquoise lagoons, a fantastic underwater world to explore and a wide range of kid-friendly hotels that provide plenty of fun activities for whole family.
Most of the luxury resorts in the Maldives boast some of the best kids' clubs you will find anywhere and outstanding menu of activities fit for everyone, from babies to toddlers to teens. From snorkeling and spotting dolphins, to beach games, treasure hunt and making pizza your children will love to do it. Whatever your preference the Maldives is a ready-made family holiday waiting to be unwrapped, with plenty of unforgettable memories to be made the youngs at heart.
Below, top 10 things to do in Maldives with kids, which makes the island country a fantastic choice for any family holiday.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (01.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
As the main attraction in the Maldives is the beach, expect to spend a bit of time on the sand with your children during your holiday. Mix water and sand is a combination that invite free play and will trigger most kids’ imaginations to create fabulous, undirected games and activities. The favourite activities here that are fun and also help kids develop their basic movement skills are: swimming, the construction of sand castles, rays feeding, beach games, run with kites, search for seashells, beach volleyball, treasure hunt and much more.
The Maldives is sprinkled with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. But an experienced visitor knows that the best of them do not have clear borderline (not permanent). The following islands, all have clean, white, fine as flour sand, beautifully embracing the round "emerald" of tropical vegetation. And all because their beaches remained untouched. READ MORE
Finding a superb holiday resort with a kids club that makes this as easy as possible, with plenty of tyke-pleasing facilities, is the first step towards a harmonious family holiday. Kids Clubs in Maldives generally have a range of kid-friendly facilities like pools, games, toys and playgrounds, while many also offer classes like painting, dancing and even cooking. The most childrens clubs have warm, engaging and attentive staff, with lots of creative and sporty things to do. Find out more about the best kids clubs in the Maldives for your next family trip. READ MORE
The Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to the water sports as well more adventurous side. The clear turquoise lagoons are the paradise for aquaholics. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing underwater experience or some heart-pumping action on the surface, Maldives will surprise and delight you. A resort's teams are always on hand to offer guided group or private tours including scuba diving, speed boat snorkel hopping, jet skiing, a glass-bottom kayaking, sailing, fishing, stand up paddle boarding, surfing, parasailing and more. If you’re seeking a fun and thrill to enjoy the adrenaline rush, inflatable boats suited to speedboat tugging, offering both exhilaration and fun for all that participate. So gear up ‘cause its time to select the most thrilling water sports in Maldives for a family adventurous holiday! READ MORE
House reef snorkelling is a great bonus to your Maldives family experience. The blue lagoons arond the islands are home to coral reefs that're the perfect sites to discover snorkelling in the Maldives.If your resort does not have a house reef you will most likely take free snorkeling trips guided by marine biologist to nearby reefs to admire the hypnotic marine life. You and your children have the chance to spot a harmless reef sharks, rays, turtles and schools of fish is bound to tempt any water lover and add an incredible experience to your holiday. READ MORE
The spectacular luxury kids friendly resorts take ‘ocean view’ to another level, pleasing their smallest guests with endless adventure and indulgence. The water villas with their incredible views and direct access to the Indian Ocean are a symbol of luxurious accommodation in the Maldives and many guests are keen to stay at the water villa for at least a few nights. All these resorts are family-friendly and if you’ve added “stay in an over-water villa” to your travel bucket list , but you still don’t want to leave the kids at home - don’t panic: there are over-water family accommodation options out there! Although many luxury resorts do not recommend (it means that not prohibited) staying in water villas with small children for safety reasons сhildren under 12 require written parental consent to stay in a water villa. Check out ten water pool villas in the Maldives that the whole family can enjoy. READ MORE
If your child loves the ocean and spends every day underwater exploring with mask and snorkel, it's time to go deeper. Try scuba diving. If you’ve never dived before let a friendly and professional local team show you how. The most of dive centers in the Maldives offer Discover Scuba Diving, which allows you to try diving without any obligation to sign up for a course. Children as young as 8 years old can join in the fun too with the Bubblemaker program. The underwater world of the Maldives is one of its greatest treasures, dive in and discover for yourself the stunning marine life below the surface of the crystal clear waters including whale sharks and manta rays. READ MORE
No matter which resort you pick for your family holiday in Maldives, you’ll get an absolutely amazing time. After all, what else could possibly describe a perfect beach retreat better than a one-island one-resort piece of paradise that encourages you to be barefoot and take one small adventure every day! No, wait – there is a small detail that should definitely be on your bucket list when narrowing down your choices: a sandbank! If You book a seaplane transfer You’ll see a few ones while the air jorney on your way from Male.
The Maldives’ iconic sandbanks have something magical about. These tiny sandy spots offer the variety of experiences for whole family in Robinson Crusoe style. Besides stunning sea views in the heart of the shallow lagoon you can swim, snork with a colorful fish, play, fun, sunbathe, or dine and drink with BBQ. There is almost nothing it can’t be used for. For the most picture-perfect memories, you can make most beautiful selfies or even have drone footage taken! Read More
Being located in the Maldives gives you the advantage of observing the marine ecosystem in its purest and untouched form. The Maldivian archipelago is known for varied marine life, especially manta rays and whale sharks, giving you the opportunity to watch them in their natural environment. The Maldives is also home to several species of dolphins, which can be seen gracing the waters of the surrounding area.
Dolphin watching safari is one of the most fun-filled and moving family activity you can ever experience while in the Maldives. Watch them jumping and doing their friendly tricks as they frolic and play like a kids in the wake of the Dhoni boat. While nothing with wildlife can be absolutely guaranteed, you will never have a better chance to watch wild dolphins playing in their natural environment than right here in the Maldives.
The luxury resort islands offer no chance to discover the local culture, meet Maldivians or understand anything about the country they’re located in. But under new government regulations in 2009, non-resort islands, known as ‘local islands’, were given the opportunity to provide tourist facilities in order to increase job prospects for local people and allow them to benefit financially from the tourism industry. If You are in search of a more authentic piece of tropical paradise where Muslim culture sits side by side with mocktails, watersports and engaging encounters with local people head to a local islands to get unique access to the real Maldives experience. READ MORE
No family vacation is complete without a photo to remember and the Maldives is no exception. With picture perfect beaches, lush tropical surroundings, marvelous food and luxurious villas, Maldives is an amazing location to take fantastic photos. As a part a romantic honeymoon or family holiday is to be able to capture those special moments on camera and have them as little keepsakes of your Maldives family getaway. In this article we will show you how to level up your photo skills and where to take selfies that will leave your friends in awe and extremely envious. READ MORE
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Crown & Champa Resorts OFFERS: UP to 40% OFF; Hot deals are extended with booking window till 31 March
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 50%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Accorhotels Maldives: Maldives destination offer
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer from $337.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Hotels
Recent Posts 04.03.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Enjoy Fantastic Vacation in Maldives 2021 with Crown & Champa Resorts special offers
- Anantara Kihavah unveils collection of Luxury Private Pool Residences
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives has announced its partnership with Jean-Michel Cousteau
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO hosts Indian Celebrity wedding
- LUX* Maldives Luxury Resorts announces new appointments
- Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with Ministry of Crabs
- 5 Romantic Ways to enjoy Mirihi Island
- 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
- Discover an Unique places to Stay in the Maldives
- Maldives named world’s most Instagrammed tourist location
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More