10 Best Things to Do with Kids in Maldives
Best Family-Friendly Activities in The Maldives
Be sure, Maldives is the perfect destination for a luxury family holiday. There's an amazing sugar-white beaches, sheltered turquoise lagoons, a fantastic underwater world to explore and a wide range of kid-friendly hotels that provide plenty of fun activities for whole family.
Most of the luxury resorts in the Maldives boast some of the best kids' clubs you will find anywhere and outstanding menu of activities fit for everyone, from babies to toddlers to teens. From snorkeling and spotting dolphins, to beach games, treasure hunt and making pizza your children will love to do it. Whatever your preference the Maldives is a ready-made family holiday waiting to be unwrapped, with plenty of unforgettable memories to be made the youngs at heart.
Below, top 10 things to do in Maldives with kids, which makes the island country a fantastic choice for any family holiday.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Nautilus Two - 25 Jan 2023 - from €2,615.00 - Ari and South (Male - Male) - Plus Free Nitrox! (20% OFF)
- Emperor Explorer - 22 Jan 2023 - from €2,094.00 - Sharktastic (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 01 Apr 2023 - from €1,806.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 26 Mar 2023 - from €1,902.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 28 May 2023 - from €1,498.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 23 Jul 2023 - from €1,451.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Moonima - 05 Mar 2023 - from €4,819.00 - Deep South (Male-Gan) - $500 OFF! Plus Free Nitrox. Rates include discounts.
As the main attraction in the Maldives is the beach, expect to spend a bit of time on the sand with your children during your holiday. Mix water and sand is a combination that invite free play and will trigger most kids’ imaginations to create fabulous, undirected games and activities. The favourite activities here that are fun and also help kids develop their basic movement skills are: swimming, the construction of sand castles, rays feeding, beach games, run with kites, search for seashells, beach volleyball, treasure hunt and much more.
The Maldives is sprinkled with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. But an experienced visitor knows that the best of them do not have clear borderline (not permanent). The following islands, all have clean, white, fine as flour sand, beautifully embracing the round "emerald" of tropical vegetation. And all because their beaches remained untouched. READ MORE
Finding a superb holiday resort with a kids club that makes this as easy as possible, with plenty of tyke-pleasing facilities, is the first step towards a harmonious family holiday. Kids Clubs in Maldives generally have a range of kid-friendly facilities like pools, games, toys and playgrounds, while many also offer classes like painting, dancing and even cooking. The most childrens clubs have warm, engaging and attentive staff, with lots of creative and sporty things to do. Find out more about the best kids clubs in the Maldives for your next family trip. READ MORE
The Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to the water sports as well more adventurous side. The clear turquoise lagoons are the paradise for aquaholics. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing underwater experience or some heart-pumping action on the surface, Maldives will surprise and delight you. A resort's teams are always on hand to offer guided group or private tours including scuba diving, speed boat snorkel hopping, jet skiing, a glass-bottom kayaking, sailing, fishing, stand up paddle boarding, surfing, parasailing and more. If you’re seeking a fun and thrill to enjoy the adrenaline rush, inflatable boats suited to speedboat tugging, offering both exhilaration and fun for all that participate. So gear up ‘cause its time to select the most thrilling water sports in Maldives for a family adventurous holiday! READ MORE
House reef snorkelling is a great bonus to your Maldives family experience. The blue lagoons arond the islands are home to coral reefs that're the perfect sites to discover snorkelling in the Maldives.If your resort does not have a house reef you will most likely take free snorkeling trips guided by marine biologist to nearby reefs to admire the hypnotic marine life. You and your children have the chance to spot a harmless reef sharks, rays, turtles and schools of fish is bound to tempt any water lover and add an incredible experience to your holiday. READ MORE
The spectacular luxury kids friendly resorts take ‘ocean view’ to another level, pleasing their smallest guests with endless adventure and indulgence. The water villas with their incredible views and direct access to the Indian Ocean are a symbol of luxurious accommodation in the Maldives and many guests are keen to stay at the water villa for at least a few nights. All these resorts are family-friendly and if you’ve added “stay in an over-water villa” to your travel bucket list , but you still don’t want to leave the kids at home - don’t panic: there are over-water family accommodation options out there! Although many luxury resorts do not recommend (it means that not prohibited) staying in water villas with small children for safety reasons сhildren under 12 require written parental consent to stay in a water villa. Check out ten water pool villas in the Maldives that the whole family can enjoy. READ MORE
If your child loves the ocean and spends every day underwater exploring with mask and snorkel, it's time to go deeper. Try scuba diving. If you’ve never dived before let a friendly and professional local team show you how. The most of dive centers in the Maldives offer Discover Scuba Diving, which allows you to try diving without any obligation to sign up for a course. Children as young as 8 years old can join in the fun too with the Bubblemaker program. The underwater world of the Maldives is one of its greatest treasures, dive in and discover for yourself the stunning marine life below the surface of the crystal clear waters including whale sharks and manta rays. READ MORE
No matter which resort you pick for your family holiday in Maldives, you’ll get an absolutely amazing time. After all, what else could possibly describe a perfect beach retreat better than a one-island one-resort piece of paradise that encourages you to be barefoot and take one small adventure every day! No, wait – there is a small detail that should definitely be on your bucket list when narrowing down your choices: a sandbank! If You book a seaplane transfer You’ll see a few ones while the air jorney on your way from Male.
The Maldives’ iconic sandbanks have something magical about. These tiny sandy spots offer the variety of experiences for whole family in Robinson Crusoe style. Besides stunning sea views in the heart of the shallow lagoon you can swim, snork with a colorful fish, play, fun, sunbathe, or dine and drink with BBQ. There is almost nothing it can’t be used for. For the most picture-perfect memories, you can make most beautiful selfies or even have drone footage taken! Read More
Being located in the Maldives gives you the advantage of observing the marine ecosystem in its purest and untouched form. The Maldivian archipelago is known for varied marine life, especially manta rays and whale sharks, giving you the opportunity to watch them in their natural environment. The Maldives is also home to several species of dolphins, which can be seen gracing the waters of the surrounding area.
Dolphin watching safari is one of the most fun-filled and moving family activity you can ever experience while in the Maldives. Watch them jumping and doing their friendly tricks as they frolic and play like a kids in the wake of the Dhoni boat. While nothing with wildlife can be absolutely guaranteed, you will never have a better chance to watch wild dolphins playing in their natural environment than right here in the Maldives.
The luxury resort islands offer no chance to discover the local culture, meet Maldivians or understand anything about the country they’re located in. But under new government regulations in 2009, non-resort islands, known as ‘local islands’, were given the opportunity to provide tourist facilities in order to increase job prospects for local people and allow them to benefit financially from the tourism industry. If You are in search of a more authentic piece of tropical paradise where Muslim culture sits side by side with mocktails, watersports and engaging encounters with local people head to a local islands to get unique access to the real Maldives experience. READ MORE
No family vacation is complete without a photo to remember and the Maldives is no exception. With picture perfect beaches, lush tropical surroundings, marvelous food and luxurious villas, Maldives is an amazing location to take fantastic photos. As a part a romantic honeymoon or family holiday is to be able to capture those special moments on camera and have them as little keepsakes of your Maldives family getaway. In this article we will show you how to level up your photo skills and where to take selfies that will leave your friends in awe and extremely envious. READ MORE
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Atmosphere resorts - 20% OFF, FULL ALL INCLUSIVE, book by 28 January 2023
- Kandima: Summer DEAL - up to 65% off - FB, on all room types
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan Luxury All Inclusive deal
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Amilla Early Bird FLASH: 40% OFF on water villa rates + HB meal
- Baros Maldives: 35% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Budget Accommodation
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More