Angsana Velavaru Shows New look After Multi-million Dollar Renovation
Best Water Villas in the Maldives
21 October, 2019
Angsana Velavaru Maldives, part of Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts’ Collection of Private Island Resorts, has completed a multi-million dollar renovation and expansion by enhancing the product offering of this iconic resort.
The new Beach Front Infinity Pool Villas now feature a 15 sqm plunge pool overlooking the ocean and are all equipped with stylish facilities, light interiors and chic furnishings with Maldivian inspired decor. The refurbished villas also feature private and spacious rear gardens with circular shaped decks and stylish bathtubs. The panoramic views of the turtle-shaped villas lead to the very large front terrace where you can either laze on a sunbed or contemplate the wonderful view of the unique island lagoon.
The completion of the new 324sqm main pool at Kuredhi beach is a spectacular addition to Angsana Velavaru. Guests now have the opportunity to take in endless sunsets while sipping cocktails in the modern in pool lounges or contemporary submerged cabanas, while kids can play freely in the kid’s pool.
Angsana Velavaru Kids Club – Rangers Club is now at its new location at the main beach and features a 200sqm private area, kids pool and a separate designated entry to the new football ground.
Maldivian inspired al fresco dining concept Magoo Garden adds to the diverse dine-around experience, with the resort now offering up to 5 restaurants, offering the Mediterranean dining at overwater restaurant and bar Azzurro, lobster menus at Funa restaurant and bar, all-day dining at Kaani restaurant and pool menus at Kuredhi restaurant, bar, and gallery.
The new collaboration between Angsana Velavaru and MAC (Maldives Artist Community) further enhances the local cultural experience and brings an array of art events such as painting classes and art workshops. With MAC’s permanent art exhibition at Kuredhi bar, guests will have the opportunity to purchase the artworks and with their contribution, support the local artist community.
“We look forward to providing guests with the unmatched comfort of the new villas, inspirational dining experiences, and hospitality that comes with staying at an Angsana resort. The new-look of Velavaru features an appealing combination of chic and vibrant elements inspired by Maldivian art creating a distinctive style that is evident at every touchpoint of the Angsana brand,” Mourad Essafi, General Manager of Angsana Velavaru said.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Family Vacation, Water Villas, Beach, Activities
With some of the best water villas, Angsana Velavaru is located in Dhaalu atoll (South Nilandhe atoll), Maldives in 35 minutes by seaplane from Velana (Male) International Airport. With magnificent white beaches the resort is on the beautiful Velavaru island, which means "Turtle Island" and is surrounded by a picturesque lagoon with clear turquoise waters playing any shades of blue and green. Perfect for a honeymoon or other romantic getaway, as well as family vacation Angsana Velavaru Resort is not cheap, but a wonderful retreat for those with the finest of tastes. This 113-villa resort offers 79 island villas and 34 InOcean Villas, revealing spectacular views and direct access to the Indian Ocean. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More