Avani Hotels & Resorts Appoints Marlon Abeyakoon as General Manager for upcoming Maldives resort
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
04 April, 2020
Avani Hotels & Resorts has appointed Marlon Abeyakoon as the General Manager for upcoming debut property in Maldives.
Marlon has spent almost two decades in hospitality with multiple international hotel brands in the UAE, UK, Sri Lanka, the Maldives and Fiji.
He started his career with One&Only in Dubai in 1999 before moving to the UK in 2013 with glh Hotels and later with Hilton as Hotel Manager at DoubleTree London.
In 2016, he moved to Sri Lanka, joining Hilton Colombo Residence as its Director of Operations. The appointment lasted until 2018 when he moved to the Maldives to take up the General Manager’s post at Reethi Beach Resort.
Scheduled to debut in 2021, the 200-key Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort is located in the Maldives’ Baa atoll, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve which is home to unique species of marine, fauna, and flora.
On arrival, guests will immediately be welcomed by an arresting view of the Indian Ocean from the open plan lobby. This communal living space will house the reception, a lounge, a meeting space, an all-day restaurant, and The Pantry, an Avani hallmark which will serve a mix of comfort food and artisanal deli snacks around the clock.
The resort will also feature a speciality restaurant, Avani Spa, Avani Kids Club and a large communal swimming pool and pool bar.
The nearby Ahivahfushi Beyru dive site will offer amazing reef diving with a plethora of sea life, including hawksbill turtles, reef sharks and manta rays — an underwater Eden for snorkelers and scuba enthusiasts.
Avani Hotels & Resorts was launched in 2011 by Minor Hotel Group as a sister brand to Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spas, which currently operates three resorts in the Maldives: Anantara Veli Maldives Resort and Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort in South Male Atoll, and Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas in the Baa atoll.
Minor also runs Naladhu Private Island Maldives in the South Male Atoll and Niyama Maldives Private Islands in Dhaalu atoll.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives' New Hotels
A popular destination, the Maldives is looking forward an abundance of new hotels are set to open throughout 2020, expanding its portfolio of luxury beach resorts.
A new hotel in the Maldives is always the best, innovative, and most important is an affordable rates, deals and special offers. Do not miss this chance! Below is a list of new hotels from 2018 - early 2020. The newest properties are being added to our list regularly, so watch for updates. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More