Avani Hotels & Resorts Appoints Marlon Abeyakoon as General Manager for upcoming Maldives resort
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
04 April, 2020
Avani Hotels & Resorts has appointed Marlon Abeyakoon as the General Manager for upcoming debut property in Maldives.
Marlon has spent almost two decades in hospitality with multiple international hotel brands in the UAE, UK, Sri Lanka, the Maldives and Fiji.
He started his career with One&Only in Dubai in 1999 before moving to the UK in 2013 with glh Hotels and later with Hilton as Hotel Manager at DoubleTree London.
In 2016, he moved to Sri Lanka, joining Hilton Colombo Residence as its Director of Operations. The appointment lasted until 2018 when he moved to the Maldives to take up the General Manager’s post at Reethi Beach Resort.
Scheduled to debut in 2021, the 200-key Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort is located in the Maldives’ Baa atoll, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve which is home to unique species of marine, fauna, and flora.
On arrival, guests will immediately be welcomed by an arresting view of the Indian Ocean from the open plan lobby. This communal living space will house the reception, a lounge, a meeting space, an all-day restaurant, and The Pantry, an Avani hallmark which will serve a mix of comfort food and artisanal deli snacks around the clock.
The resort will also feature a speciality restaurant, Avani Spa, Avani Kids Club and a large communal swimming pool and pool bar.
The nearby Ahivahfushi Beyru dive site will offer amazing reef diving with a plethora of sea life, including hawksbill turtles, reef sharks and manta rays — an underwater Eden for snorkelers and scuba enthusiasts.
Avani Hotels & Resorts was launched in 2011 by Minor Hotel Group as a sister brand to Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spas, which currently operates three resorts in the Maldives: Anantara Veli Maldives Resort and Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort in South Male Atoll, and Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas in the Baa atoll.
Minor also runs Naladhu Private Island Maldives in the South Male Atoll and Niyama Maldives Private Islands in Dhaalu atoll.
Recent Posts 20.09.2020
- Reethi Beach Resort reopens with a new room category
- Reethi Faru Resort Opens new Deluxe Beach Pool Villas
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi appoints Falaaz Ismail as sales director
- 'Work smart' from Paradise at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Seaside Finolhu Ready to Open Following Exciting Transformation
- Emperor Maldives starts 'Lucky Trip' offer with guaranteed liveaboard spot
- Soneva launches Virtual Wine Tasting
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives features new butler concept
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Top 10 Things to Do at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 10 Most Amazing Places for Travel Photo in Maldives
- 10 Reasons You Should Add Waldorf Astoria Maldives to Your 2021 Bucket List
- Maldives Guest Houses to Reopen from 15 October
- 10 Reasons Why We Love Diving Safari in The Maldives
- Soneva Fushi Opens New One - and Two-bedroom Over-Water Villas
- Experience The Ultimate All-Inclusive Holiday at Emerald Maldives
- The Best Local Islands for Budget Family Holiday
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives' New Hotels
A popular destination, the Maldives is looking forward an abundance of new hotels are set to open throughout 2020, expanding its portfolio of luxury beach resorts.
A new hotel in the Maldives is always the best, innovative, and most important is an affordable rates, deals and special offers. Do not miss this chance! Below is a list of new hotels from 2018 - early 2020. The newest properties are being added to our list regularly, so watch for updates. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More