Coco Bodu Hithi to Launch First Floating Fitness Studio in Maldives
Best Resorts near Male Airport
21 January, 2020
Coco Bodu Hithi is set to launch the first floating yoga studio in the Maldives in collaboration with AquaX Academy from Beijing, China. Founded by lululemon China Ambassador Queenie Xiao, the academy is a pioneer of innovative water sports and the first to introduce a floating studio concept in China..
Using stand-up paddle boards in the pristine lagoon of the island, recreational stand up paddle classes and floating yoga classes will be made available to guests at Coco Bodu Hithi beginning in March 2020.
Floating yoga, also known as stand-up paddleboard yoga, is an increasingly popular fitness activity. As with regular yoga, floating yoga utilizes the principles of balance, strength, flexibility, and meditation. The practice of floating yoga allows guests to embrace the benefit of yoga in nature, while also participating in an invigorating and unique workout by constantly finding balance on the moving water.
Shafa Shabeer, the Director of Marketing for Coco Bodu Hithi, said about the collaboration, “We are incredibly excited to be collaborating with AquaX Academy to launch the very first floating fitness studio in the Maldives, as they are leaders in the fitness industry. This will be an exciting experience for our guests, where they can enjoy our beautiful waters in a new way.”
As part of this collaboration, Coco Bodu Hithi will also be hosting a four-day SUP- yoga retreat led by elite instructors from AquaX Academy as part of the “Ocean Sweat Life” SUP retreat program advocated by Queenie and her fellow lululemon ambassadors who share the love for ocean and fit-living lifestyle . The retreat will take place from 15th – 19th March and will include regular yoga classes as well as introductory Stand-up paddling and floating yoga sessions in the sea.
Queenie said about this exciting new program, “I believe that bringing workout to water is an exercise regime change which makes our members happier. The challenge-seeking active society is looking forward to extending their practice to nature, in which we are excited to take the lead.”
Recent Posts 03.07.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- SUPER DEAL is back! Save Up to 35% with Eid Eskape at Kandima - Hurry up!
- Hilton Expands Maldives Portfolio with with Debut of Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort
- Chocoholic? Good Thing There’s Chocolate Scene at Heritance Aarah
- Latest News from Kandima, July 2022
- Sun Island Maldives Resort unveils New Beach villas
- Bulgari Hotels announces Its debut in Maldives in 2025
- Ask Furaveri: What is the SUNsational Summer Vacation?
- Amilla Maldives resort welcomes disabled guests from across the globe
- Maafushivaru Earns ‘Best Luxury Hideaway Resort in Maldives’ Award
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, June
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Welcomes The World’s First Solar-powered Vessel
- 5 Reasons Why Kandolhu Maldives resort is the number One for Romantic Getaway
- Patina Maldives Appoints Antonio Saponara as General Manager
- Carnival Cruise Line to Bring Costa Venezia to the U.S. in 2023
- Indulgent Maldives: Elevate Your Experience at OZEN Reserve Bolifushi
- Pulse Hotels & Resorts expand Maldives Portfolio With new Nova Maldives
- Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort appoints Gaurav Thakur as General Manager
- Please Don’t Tell: SECRET DEAL OFFER – Extra 10% at Heritance Aarah
- OBLU SELECT Sangeli opens JUSTWOK — an Exciting Pan Asian restaurant
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Coco Bodu Hithi
Best Experience: Couples, Beach, Diving
Part of Coco Collection, luxurious and contemporary, with superb private pool villas and an idyllic overwater spa, the island paradise of Coco Bodu Hithi is located in North Male Atoll and is a 40-minute speedboat ride away from Malé International Airport. Even in low season, Coco Bodu Hithi has a very high occupancy rate. Opened in 2005, with its fabulous atmosphere this modern, romantic 5-star resort undoubtedly makes an impression on couples and so popular because it is reasonably priced and is elegantly modern yet distinctly Maldivian. There are 100 villas (44 on the sand, 66 over the water), and each comes with its own small pool and outdoor shower, not to mention the design of the indoor bath, and the Nespresso coffee maker. There are six chic restaurants, two open air cocktail bars, extensive thatched overwater spa and a fitness center (with ocean views!). An uncrowded infinity swimming pool and a large selection of activities, including scuba diving and snorkeling in the lagoon. Despite all these facilities, guests - especially at night - tend to seek privacy in a private getaway, possibly with a bottle from Wine Loft. The resort is 45 minutes by speedboat from Malé airport; those who prefer to be closer must check Taj Exotica, just 15 minutes by boat. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More