Emerald Azzurra to Visit Saudi Arabia During Inaugural Season
Luxury Cruise Guide
17 Aug, 2021
Emerald Cruises has unnounced two new itineraries for the inaugural season of its first oceangoing yacht, Emerald Azzurra, slated to debut in January 2022. Both itineraries will sail the Red Sea and take guests to Saudi Arabia, a new country on Emerald Cruises’ growing list of destinations.
To celebrate the launch of these itineraries, Emerald Cruises is offering a bonus “Premium Drinks Package” that includes beer, wine, soft drinks and cocktails from the bar menu. Tip: Those guests who pay their bill in full at the time of booking will receive “Super Earlybird” savings of 10 percent on select cabins (categories A, B, S and SA). The offer is valid on sailings booked by September 30, 2021.
The new, 10-day “Mysteries & Treasures of the Red Sea and Saudi Arabia” itinerary will sail between Limassol, Cyprus and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, with ports of call in Egypt and Jordan. Apart from visiting the second-largest Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah, a UNESCO World Heritage Site well known for being a gateway for pilgrims traveling to Mecca and Medina, guests will also get to explore Duba in Saudi Arabia.
Known as the "Pearl of the Red Sea," Duba offers guests an opportunity to visit the historic King Abdulaziz Fort overlooking the port, or go snorkeling or diving off one of the beaches. Another Saudi Arabian port city on the itinerary is Al Wahj, which will take guest to AlUla—one of the oldest cities on the peninsula and the first World Heritage Site in Saudi Arabia, home to the tombs of Hegra.
In addition to these new Saudi Arabian ports, guests booking this itinerary will have a chance to visit the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Great Sphinx at Port Said; travel through the Suez Canal; snorkel in the Red Sea at Sharm El-Sheikh; and visit Petra, the ancient city carved into sandstone.
Alternatively, the longer “12-day Ancient Wonders of the Red Sea and Mythical Greece” itinerary sails between Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and Athens, Greece, calling on Al Wahj, Duba, Aqaba and Sharm-el Sheik, as well as Ain Sokhna, the nearest beach resort to Cairo, Crete, Santorini and Athens. Highlights include a glass bottom boat trip at Naama Bay in Sharm El-Sheikh, a traditional Felucca cruise on the Nile with a visit to the Great Pyramids of Giza, a walking tour of picturesque Agios Nikolaos, Greece and a day of soaking up the sun in Santorini.
Emerald Azzurra is the first custom-built superyacht from Emerald Cruises offering luxury cruises to small ports and harbors only accessible by small ships. The superyacht will carry a group of just 100 guests, spread across 50 deluxe suites and staterooms, with the majority of cabins having access to private balconies. The superyacht’s marina platform is designed for easy access to enjoy snorkeling, paddle boarding and swimming—some of the activities included.Find Great Cruise Deals
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us! Find Great Cruise Deals
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More