Emerald Azzurra to Visit Saudi Arabia During Inaugural Season
Luxury Cruise Guide
17 Aug, 2021
Emerald Cruises has unnounced two new itineraries for the inaugural season of its first oceangoing yacht, Emerald Azzurra, slated to debut in January 2022. Both itineraries will sail the Red Sea and take guests to Saudi Arabia, a new country on Emerald Cruises’ growing list of destinations.
To celebrate the launch of these itineraries, Emerald Cruises is offering a bonus “Premium Drinks Package” that includes beer, wine, soft drinks and cocktails from the bar menu. Tip: Those guests who pay their bill in full at the time of booking will receive “Super Earlybird” savings of 10 percent on select cabins (categories A, B, S and SA). The offer is valid on sailings booked by September 30, 2021.
The new, 10-day “Mysteries & Treasures of the Red Sea and Saudi Arabia” itinerary will sail between Limassol, Cyprus and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, with ports of call in Egypt and Jordan. Apart from visiting the second-largest Saudi Arabian city of Jeddah, a UNESCO World Heritage Site well known for being a gateway for pilgrims traveling to Mecca and Medina, guests will also get to explore Duba in Saudi Arabia.
Known as the "Pearl of the Red Sea," Duba offers guests an opportunity to visit the historic King Abdulaziz Fort overlooking the port, or go snorkeling or diving off one of the beaches. Another Saudi Arabian port city on the itinerary is Al Wahj, which will take guest to AlUla—one of the oldest cities on the peninsula and the first World Heritage Site in Saudi Arabia, home to the tombs of Hegra.
In addition to these new Saudi Arabian ports, guests booking this itinerary will have a chance to visit the Great Pyramid of Giza and the Great Sphinx at Port Said; travel through the Suez Canal; snorkel in the Red Sea at Sharm El-Sheikh; and visit Petra, the ancient city carved into sandstone.
Alternatively, the longer “12-day Ancient Wonders of the Red Sea and Mythical Greece” itinerary sails between Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and Athens, Greece, calling on Al Wahj, Duba, Aqaba and Sharm-el Sheik, as well as Ain Sokhna, the nearest beach resort to Cairo, Crete, Santorini and Athens. Highlights include a glass bottom boat trip at Naama Bay in Sharm El-Sheikh, a traditional Felucca cruise on the Nile with a visit to the Great Pyramids of Giza, a walking tour of picturesque Agios Nikolaos, Greece and a day of soaking up the sun in Santorini.
Emerald Azzurra is the first custom-built superyacht from Emerald Cruises offering luxury cruises to small ports and harbors only accessible by small ships. The superyacht will carry a group of just 100 guests, spread across 50 deluxe suites and staterooms, with the majority of cabins having access to private balconies. The superyacht’s marina platform is designed for easy access to enjoy snorkeling, paddle boarding and swimming—some of the activities included.Find Great Cruise Deals
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us! Find Great Cruise Deals
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More