Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
Maldives Luxury Guide
29 September, 2021
Emirates, the Premier Partner and Official Airline of Expo 2020 Dubai, has revealed a head-turning A380 livery dedicated to further carrying the global event’s messages worldwide.
A bold departure from the airline’s traditional white and gold paint scheme, this bright blue aircraft livery features large-scale graphics in vivid green, orange, pink, purple and red, which run across the fuselage and all the way up to the tail and fin interlaced with the distinct ring-shaped Expo 2020 Dubai logo. Special ‘Dubai Expo’ and ‘Be Part of the Magic’ messages run across both sides of the A380 fuselage. The engine cowls also carry the Expo 2020 Dubai messages and dates of the event.
In addition, the brave Burj Khalifa stuntwoman who appeared in the recent viral Emirates ad, carries an invitation to visit the event on both sides of the aircraft, holding a message board that says: ‘See you there’ and ‘Dubai Expo Oct-Mar 2022’.
The iconic Emirates red belly branding, which can be only seen when the aircraft is flying overhead, has been replaced by the opportunity themed orange ‘Dubai Expo’ branding, further increasing the event’s visibility and awareness as it flies to the airline’s A380 network over the course of the next 6 months.
The new A380 livery was designed, painted, produced and installed in-house by the teams at Emirates. The livery was not just a decal, but a complete paint project, and is by far the largest one the airline has ever embarked on. A great deal of planning and ingenuity was involved to ensure the distinct livery design was brought to life and flawlessly executed.
The paint on A6EEU, the aircraft chosen for the livery, was completely stripped. After that, eleven colours were applied on the aircraft in a careful, methodically sequenced manner. A ‘wild spray method’, electrostatic spray guns and conventional cup guns were used to put on the different colours, using over 2,500 sqm of tracing and masking material. All of the stencils and tracing guides were produced in-house by the airline’s UV printer and graphics workshop, and took numerous hours to fabricate and complete. The Emirates Engineering Aircraft Appearance Centre teams skilfully worked through the challenges of fine-tuning the outlines and masking to convert the designs onto a three dimensional aircraft, in addition to managing the contrasting colours and intricate background shades in this unique livery.
Decals were then applied on the engine cowls and, as well as the image of the Emirates Cabin crew holding the message boards adjacent to the aircraft’s exits.
The process of painting the livery design and applying the decals took 16 days and 4,379 man-hours to complete.
Emirates has a long tradition of showcasing special liveries on its Airbus A380 and Boeing 777 fleet, and in the last five years alone, close to 50 unique designs and 100 liveries have been brought to life by the team at the airline. Special liveries have helped pay a special tribute and carry the legacy of the late HH Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan; bring sports fans closer to their favourite clubs, players and global tournaments; spread the UAE’s message of tolerance and multi-culturalism; raise awareness of the illegal wildlife trade, and much more. The innovative work done on the liveries has kept travellers, plane-spotters and the general public looking to the skies for inspiration.
The new Expo 2020 Dubai livery will appear on three Emirates A380 aircraft to help visually tell the story and reaffirm the themes of one of the largest global events to take place since the onset of the pandemic. The distinctive blue Expo aircraft will join the 40 other special liveries dedicated to Expo 2020 Dubai, which have collectively flown to over 130 destinations across the Emirates network since 2018.
The new livery will wow travellers and drive the Expo 2020 Dubai message when it heads to Los Angeles on 29 September.
Expo 2020 Dubai is the first World Expo ever hosted in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, and will run from October 2021 to March 2022. Its six-month program is packed with experiences to suit all ages and interests, including a rich line-up of themed weeks, entertainment, and edutainment. Art and culture fans as well as food and technology enthusiasts can explore exhibits, workshops, performances, live shows and more. Visitors can also drop by their national pavilion for a taste of home or experience the 190 other country pavilions. Emirates will be showcasing its own pavilion focused on the future of commercial aviation.
Further information regarding ‘Expo 2020’ will be made available via social media and the expo website. Book tickets online on TicketsToDo and avoid the queue at the venue.
Tickets can be booked on emirates.com, Emirates sales offices, or via travel agents.
Recent Posts 16.10.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Emerald Maldives Resort Continues to Stand Out with Top Awards in 2021
- Pamper Yourselves at Dhigali Spa with New Christmas Packages
- Kihaa Maldives Opens New Steak House
- Naladhu Private Island Maldives Celebrates Double Win at Conde Nast Traveler award
- Disney Cruise Line to Return to Tropical Destinations in 2023
- Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
- Fiyavalhu Maldives wins Luxury Boutique Resort 2021
- Ready to Party? Spend Halloween at the first Luxury Music Festival in Maldives
- Virgin's First Miami Cruise, HAL's San Diego Restart
- Anantara Kihavah opens New Family Beach Pool Villas for the Ultimate Family Winter Getaway
- Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
- Gili goes Pink for October
- Emerald Cruises Is Building Second Superyacht
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Carnival announces ship restarts for January and February 2022
- Hurawalhi's Winter Offer 2021 - Save UP to 20%
- Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021
- Marriott International Plans to Expand Footprint in South Asia
- Tradewind Voyages Announces 2021-22 Caribbean Season
- Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Win a holiday to Maldives right now with MBM
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Best Maldives Resorts worth to Book Directly
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Introduces Brand New Infinity Swimming Pool
- Maldives exhibits Luxury Yacht Tourism at Monaco Yacht Show
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More