Discover Gili Lankanfushi’s Natural Playground With Friends
Best Group Vacation Getaways in the Maldives
08 Sep, 2021
While the Maldives is famed as one of the world’s most romantic destinations, it is also perfect for groups of friends looking for a fun-filled luxury escape. Set on a pristine private island in the North Malé Atoll, Gili Lankanfushi is welcoming groups for a well-deserved holiday of relaxation, laughter and unforgettable moment.
With year end holidays soon approaching, there’s no better time to gather your nearest and dearest friends for the holidays in a sanctuary hidden from the world. A unique eco-resort just a 20-minute boat ride from Malé (no need for seaplanes!), Gili Lankanfushi is home to 45 overwater villas including The Private Reserve, the largest standalone overwater villa in the world, as well as 3 restaurants and bars, Meera Spa, and plenty of group-friendly activities.
Here are five reasons Gili Lankanfushi is the perfect destination for your next group trip – whether it’s some quality girl time, a guy’s weekend away, or just a much-needed break with close friends.
- The ultimate base for your entire group, The Private Reserve spans more than 1,700 sqm and is situated 500 metres from the main resort with five buildings connected by open-air pathways. Here, friends can enjoy the private spa, open-air cinema, a 21m infinity pool and the best bit – a waterslide directly into the turquoise lagoon below!
- For smaller groups, there are 10 other villa categories to choose from, each located in a different area of the island. From the Villa Suites, 6 of which have private pools, and Gili Lagoon Villas with sprawling terraces and a private hammock in the sea, to the Family Villas with plenty of space for your full crew. No matter where you choose to call home during your stay, each and every villa is taken care of by a Man or Woman Friday – named after Robinson Crusoe’s loyal assistance.
- For both the foodies in the group as well as those looking to experience the best that Gili Lankanfushi has to offer. From a chef’s table experience in the organic garden and dining for the senses – a blindfolded 4-course dinner experience to heighten your senses and challenge your palate, to popular theme nights such as Asian Street Market, Mediterranean Spice Souk and Passage through Indian Tandoor, as well as Gili Culinary Journey as the culinary team takes you on a food journey on a rotating menu of signature dishes through 9 cities.
- Spend your days exploring the natural playground of Gili Lankanfushi, from discovering an underwater world snorkelling off your villa to catching some waves during a surf trip or sunset dolphin cruise. If relaxation is more your thing, Meera Spa with its six overwater treatment rooms will have you feeling zen in no time while the beachside infinity pool is the ideal spot for a sunset cocktail or two.
- Beautiful, curated experiences aren’t just for couples. Treat yourself as group with a private sandbank picnic, sunset canapes on the castaway platform or a starlit outdoor seafood dinner at the Overwater Bar. Even if you’re not a morning person, sunset sailing on the Traditional Sailing Dhoni (a Maldivian boat) is not to be missed.
About Gili Lankanfushi
Located in the North Male Atoll, Gili Lankanfushi opened in 2000 as the original over water resort Soneva Gili. In 2012 the island was acquired by HPL (Hotel Properties Limited) a Singapore based company investing in hotels, lifestyle and properties around the world. Voted number one hotel in the world by Trip Advisor in 2015, Gili Lankanfushi is an easy 20 minute speedboat transfer from Male international airport. Set in the middle of its own lagoon, guests enjoy a barefoot existence with 360 degree views of the Indian Ocean. Gili Lankanfushi’s 45 overwater villas, including the vast and secluded Private Reserve offer unrivalled privacy. The wellbeing of the planet is at the heart of the Gili Lankanfushi, with each stay contributing towards preserving the natural environment, protecting the fragile marine ecosystem and treading lightly.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: OverWater Bungalows, Honeymoon, Beaches
Gili Lankanfushi is rated by many among the best resort in the Maldives, and with good reason. This stunning, 46-villa, eco-resort is just 20 minutes by speedboat from Male airport thriving in providing truly unpretentious, relaxed luxury. Barefoot are recommended (shoes are removed as soon as you leave the airport on the boat), and each guest is surrounded by the care of a personal butler with the title "Mr. Friday". The spacious, charmingly simple water villas are built of some types of wood and are equipped with open (and on the roof!) decks with seaviews that can evoke tears of joy. On land, a beautiful island with 683 palms offers a range of activities and an excellent dining options. This rare diamond in the Maldives is more authentic than other famous brand resorts at the same price - given the regular appearance in the Gili Lankanfushi of world celebrities. But if your own pools and air conditioning in each room are your priority, you can Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More