Gili Lankanfushi to Open after Renovation on 1st Dec with New Design Concept
Best Romantic Resorts in The Maldives
28 October, 2019
Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives to open with a new sophisticated design after renovation on 1st December 2019.
The new interior comes with a warm, neutral color palette inspired by the island’s natural surroundings for a calming effect, with turquoise fabrics that add color to the new design. Every piece of furniture in the new villas and living areas from the bed frames to the coffee tables will be custom made by using recycled materials. Rooftop daybeds will be made up with luxurious linens so guests have the option of an atmospheric night sleep beneath the stars, and cushion fabrics custom print with coral patterns found on the reefs below.
Honouring its laid-back philosophy and rustic chic aesthetic, the island will remain an intimate and sustainable paradise for the barefoot luxury traveller, with a new design concept and wellness programmes to further enrich the soulful guest experience.
Originally opened in 2012, Gili Lankanfushi was previously voted ‘Best Hotel in the World’ by TripAdvisor for its uniquely laidback air and impeccable service ethic.
Located in the languid waters of the North Male Atoll, just a 20-minute speedboat ride from the Velana International Airport, it is the ultimate place to get away from the world.
The 45 refurbished villas will offer open-air living spaces, roof terraces and private decks with direct access to the lagoon below, and there will be the addition of new private pools to the enhanced Residence and Villa suites for extra seclusion.
The Family Villas with Pools are a new addition to the resort featuring two en suite bedrooms, a private swimming pool for children to splash in the sunshine, a rooftop terrace for further space to dine and play, as well as a living room situated over the lagoon and accessed from a safe walkway.
The vast 1,700m2 Private Reserve – the largest overwater villa in the world – is located 500m from the main island and offers four vast bedrooms in addition to a private open-air cinema, spoiling spa, air-conditioned gymnasium, infinity pool and two-storey waterslide, directly into the lagoon.
New interior design
The warm, neutral colour palette is inspired by the island’s natural surroundings for a calming effect, whilst locally sourced turquoise fabrics will add flashes of colour to the new design.
Sustainability is at the heart of the island’s vision, and every piece of furniture in the new villas and living areas will be custom made by skilled craftsman using upcycled materials. The bed frames will be made from recycled teakwood, and lampshades handwoven with recycled wire mesh twist to feature fish and sea turtles from the surrounding sea.
The coffee tables have been engraved with stars to reflect the clear night sky and hanging lamps crafted from bamboo prawn catcher baskets. Rooftop daybeds will be made up with luxurious linens so guests have the option of an atmospheric night sleep beneath the stars, and cushion fabrics custom print with coral patterns found on the reefs below.
Each villa has a dedicated butler service catering to guests’ every wish.
New guest experiences
A paradise for enriching spa sessions at the serene Meera Spa and educational exploration with the team of deeply knowledgeable experts at the Marine Biology Shack, Gili Lankanfushi will mark the reopening of resort with a series of new educational and active wellness programmes that combine the two.
Holistic Healing is a five-night programme for those seeking a soulful spa experience that nurtures the body and teaches natural beauty methods including: a one-on-one consultation on arrival, daily yoga classes, guided breath-work sessions, bespoke treatments and an essential oil making workshop to create remedies to take home.
Dive & Discover is a five-night programme for budding divers with a passion for marine conservation including: daily diving expeditions, guided night time snorkelling, a coral planting experience with a marine biologist to support The Coral Lines Project and a deep muscle massage to rejuvenate at the spa.
Surf & Spa is a four-night programme for the eco-conscious sportsman in search of active exploration: days will start with sunrise yoga followed by surf lessons on the lagoon and guided tours to nearby wake break where guests can be accompanied by a resident marine biologist to learn about local marine life.
To ease aching muscles, reflexology is available at the spa.
Following days of exploring and relaxing, guests will enjoy fresh and sustainably sourced dishes at the Kashiveli where the surrounding waters form the basis of the resort’s modern Maldivian fusion cuisine served from new live cooking stations.
Executive Chef Hari Govindaraj is responsible for growing organic herbs, vegetables and fruits in the organic Gili garden and will offer guests one-on-one classes to learn the art of cooking with seasonal produce, providing hand-written recipes for guests to take home as a memory of their stay.
Gili is also offering an exclusive reopening offer that includes:
- 30% reduction on the best available rate for accommodation
- Guest’s choice of villa accommodation with a minimum 3-night stay
- Return combined speedboat transfer
- Daily gourmet breakfast and dinner at Kashiveli restaurant
- Late check-out (subject to availability)
- 20% reduction on selected spa treatments
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: OverWater Bungalows, Honeymoon, Beaches
Gili Lankanfushi is rated by many among the best resort in the Maldives, and with good reason. This stunning, 46-villa, eco-resort is just 20 minutes by speedboat from Male airport thriving in providing truly unpretentious, relaxed luxury. Barefoot are recommended (shoes are removed as soon as you leave the airport on the boat), and each guest is surrounded by the care of a personal butler with the title "Mr. Friday". The spacious, charmingly simple water villas are built of some types of wood and are equipped with open (and on the roof!) decks with seaviews that can evoke tears of joy. On land, a beautiful island with 683 palms offers a range of activities and an excellent dining options. This rare diamond in the Maldives is more authentic than other famous brand resorts at the same price - given the regular appearance in the Gili Lankanfushi of world celebrities. But if your own pools and air conditioning in each room are your priority, you can Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More