Veligandu Island Resort & Spa Offers a Safe Holiday Experience in Paradise
Best All Inclusive Hotels in The Maldives
23 August, 2020
Greetings & Blessings from Veligandu Island Resort & Spa! The global novel coronavirus outbreak has evolved from one of general alerts and watchfulness to an escalating public health issue which forced us to close down our resort operation for the past few months. We took this as an advantage to give our team a time off from work and spend some quality time with their family, relatives and friends. Concurrently, some of our team members remained on the island to look after our secluded haven and had completed some repairs and maintenance work. Our team effort was excellent during this difficult time, we managed to renovate most of our facilities and few minor repairs around the island, especially a new landscaping throughout the island creating a vista with more greenery and exotic blooms, which looks stunning, thanks to the team for their usual magnificent work.
A well trained Crown & Champa Resorts (CCR) airport representative will receive you and provide guidelines through the airport journey. Trans Maldivian Airways strictly follows the required guidelines from the government authorities. A safe physical distance between guests will be maintained while seated and the seats will be disinfected with each transfer.
Your designated Island host will assist you upon arrival to the resort following the internal resort operation and local government guideline to operate during new normal without compromising any service standard and our true Veligandu hospitality.
In the main restaurant, Dhonveli, waiter will serve your selected food directly on to your table from a carefully well-developed buffet with live cooking stations. In addition we have enhanced our guest experience by adding two BBQ beach dinner and one theme night on the beach per week under the weekly dinner schedule.
In order to assure safety, only a limited number of guests will be confirmed to enjoy the facilities at once, like at Madivaru Restaurant, Spa, excursions, and etc. you can download the resort mobile application which we will launch at the end of August, prior to arrival where you can view all our menus and book all the desired services, offerings or any other request or through your Island Host upon your arrival. Internationally approved chemicals are used to disinfect and clean all areas and the highest standard of hygienic protocols are implemented across the services provided by strictly observing the required health protection agency guidelines. Sanitizing dispensers are placed at the entrance of all facilities including public toilets and public areas.
A well established and trained medical team is available on the island to carry out the well-being needs of each guest in corporation with the health protection agency. For a hassle-free holiday, we are facilitating free of charge PCR testing for guests who stays more than seven days and has a compulsory requirement by the airline or home country. Each PCR test will be conducted by our well trained medical team on the island and test result will be submitted to the guests prior to the departure.
We will continue as normal with safety protocols in place and maintaining safe physical distance between guests. All our staff continue to receive comprehensive training with the guidance of established, accredited international partners to assure the highest most updated standards are understood and followed.
Having said that, the whole team and I are fully ready to welcome our guests to a safe & comfortable environment on September 1, 2020. We are confident and have no doubt that all our guests will enjoy their anecdote at our forevermore secluded haven even under new normal operation guideline.
With these safety guidelines in place guests can confidently start packing their bags and trust to have a safe holiday experience in paradise. Please visit the travel updates page for an insight look into our safe holiday experience in paradise guideline and protocols.
We all look forward to our valued guests to stay with us, enjoying true Maldivian hospitality, making their story of a one resort one island a meaningful experience.
We are ardently waiting to welcome you for an indelible tale at your forevermore secluded haven.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Veligandu Island Resort & Spa
Best Experience: dults Only, Beach, All Inclusive, Value, Activities
Former adults only hotels, Veligandu Island Resort & Spa is an idyllic retreat that offers authentic barefoot comfort and a crystal clear lagoon in just 20 minutes by seaplane from Male airport. One of the oldest resorts in the Maldives, the fashionable (and expensive) Veligandu Island Resort and Spa is really doing well and doing everything to keep itself in modern and stylish form. The resort offers spacious villas with elegant decor. There is also a delicious buffet, infinity swimming pools, a lot of activities on the land and in the water, exciting football tournaments between the hotel's staff, and a relaxing overwater spa. On the beautiful island you will find a medical clinic, a games room and 2 beach bars, one of which is open around the clock. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More