Kandolhu Maldives welcomes new Executive Chef Andrew Smith
Best Maldives Honeymoon resorts
07 June, 2022
The most romantic getaway, Kandolhu Maldives continues to raise the bar as an esteemed dining destination in the North Ari Atoll by welcoming Executive Chef Andrew Smith into its fold.
A British national, Chef Andrew brings 14 years of experience honed in a distinguished portfolio of Michelin-acclaimed restaurants, several private resort islands, and luxury properties in the United Kingdom, the Maldives, and Seychelles.
Fuelled by a resolve to exceed expectations, his key achievements include earning a Michelin star during his stint as Sous-Chef in Thackeray’s at Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent. In 2011, he successfully clinched a Michelin bib gourmand within three months as Group Head Chef in George & Dragon.
Before joining Kandolhu, he served as a Consultant Chef at Oakley Hall Hotel and at a Five AA Rosettes and a Michelin star fine-dining restaurant in London. Asked about his new outpost in the intimate 5-star resort, Chef Andrew remarks: “It is a fantastic little island that offers our guests a wealth of experiences. I believe that the beauty is in the fact we can offer tailored culinary experiences to our guests and treat them as a family by creating unique experiences.”
Declaring his aspirations of what’s to come in the dining scene of Kandolhu, he expressed his plans to reinstate touches of Maldivian cuisine into the bill of fare and expand bespoke dining experiences with a Chef’s Table. Now at the helm of the kitchen of Kandolhu, Chef Andrew deftly binds the nuanced styles of his humble team to deliver distinctive gastronomy that catapults Kandolhu on the culinary map.
Kandolhu presents the brilliance of authentic hospitality paired with raw luxury and intuitive service. Fringed by a house reef offering endless underwater adventures and a plethora of dining options, this tiny island makes for that perfect haven.
Browse through the extensive range of special offers at this all inclusive Maldives resort offering you advantages beyond your dreams.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 24.11.2022
- The Travel Calendar for November 2022 in the Maldives
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Kudadoo welcomes Hania, master of Wellness this holiday season
- Kandima Maldives resort announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas opens new Marine laboratory
- Capture Holiday Magic in Maldives and save up to 30% with Amari Havodda
- Coral Reef restoration at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives Resort Teams Up with Olive Ridley Project to Protect Turtles
- 7 reasons The Nautilus is Now One of the Maldives most exclusive hotels
- Maldives wins ‘Best Romantic Destination’ at T+L India’s Best Awards
- Vakkaru Maldives launches Jungle Cinema and Anguru Teppanyaki
- A round-up of the latest Cruise news
- Nova Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi hosts first workplace mental health awareness programme
- Make Dine Around to Complete the Holiday of Your Dreams in Maldives
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointment
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? November 2022
- Who pays the bills: People's Majlis approved TGST and GST Hike
- Celebrate your Romantic moments with ‘The Nooma Experience’ at Baros Maldives
- Latest News from Meeru Island, November 2022
- Manta Trust: What's New, November 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi launches Flying Dress photoshoot experience
- Why Vakkaru Maldives is the World’s Leading Luxury Honeymoon Resort
- Star performances and DJ sets at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Announces Collaboration with lifestyle Fashion brand
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience for: Honeymoon, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving
Kandolhu Maldives guarantees even more than just your dreams of an unforgettable honeymoon in the Maldives. Soaked in romance, with an incredible house reef snorkeling, couples are bound to fall in love with this cozy island. Those who have heard of Kandholhu Island know that this is one of the best house reef in the Maldives. Only resorts in the country's southern atolls can compare or surpass. An additional draw is clean and soft sandy beaches, all around a small round island whose shape in Maldivian standards is a rarity. So snorkeling is the best you can find between your water villa, the beach and the many restaurants of this 5 * boutique hotel. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More