Kanuhura Maldives achieves Forbes Travel Guide 5 star Award
Best Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
28 February, 2020
Sun Resorts is proud to announce that Kanuhura Maldives receives the “Forbes Travel Guide 5 Star Award”. This award is the highest recognition of their dedication to service excellence, commitment and a true sense of hospitality. Kanuhura Maldives is acclaimed for its “bohemian feel with whitewashed villas adorned with funky art and Iru bar’s beaded swings and beach teepee”.
The Maldives made a splashy debut on the list, picking up six of the highest awards. Kanuhura Maldives is listed alongside Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa and St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort in the Maldives.
To uncover the most outstanding properties, Forbes Travel Guide’s incognito inspectors check into a hotel for a minimum of two nights, posing as ordinary guests and paying their own way. The ratings tabulate 75 percent of a hotel’s score based on its service, while the remaining 25 percent is determined by the quality of its facilities.
The inspectors’ main highlights for Kanuhura Maldives include Kanuhura’s wide range of activities like the Maldivian Warrior Workout, scuba diving or night fishing. He has also appreciated the Kokaa Wellness Retreat and Spa, with its five signature services and multi-day wellness journeys as well as the sandy white shores of Masleggihura all to yourself (the smallest of the three islands of Kanuhura) for a picnic or private day at the beach.
Forbes Travel Guide ventured to 16 countries—Antigua, the Bahamas, Cambodia, Egypt, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Jordan, the Maldives, Mauritius, New Zealand, Russia, Saudi Arabia etc. Forbes Travel Guide is the global authority on luxury hospitality. Professional inspectors travel the world to assess hotels, restaurants, and spas based on 900 objective standards that determine their coveted annual Star Ratings.
Sun Resorts is part of the Sun Limited 'Hotel Management' Cluster. It owns and manages 4 hotels in Mauritius (La Pirogue, Sugar Beach, Long Beach, Ambre) and the iconic Ile aux Cerfs, a leisure island on which is nestled a championship golf course designed by Bernhard Langer. In the Maldives, Sun owns and operates the Kanuhura Maldives, a member of The Leading Hotels of the World luxury collection.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Family, Beaches, Diving
This large yet intimate-feeling island, located in the lovely quiet Lhaviyani Atoll, is a laid-back palm-painted idyll, with a fabulous range of facilities, tip-top dining and perfect beaches. It's ideal for families, couples and solo travellers. The whale-shaped island of Kanuhura lies in the Lhaviyani Atoll, a 30-minute seaplane flight from Malé International Airport. There's not quite as much snorkelling here but the broad, white, gently-sloping beaches are perfection.
Not a single groyne breaks up the beach and no sea walls impede the view. The west side is nonetheless preferable for its width and softness. The east side looks out to the ocean and the beach is narrower and a little less fine. The southern and northern tips of the island alternate a big bulge of fine sand as the 2 seasons drive it from one end to the other. Today, it’s a rare island in the Maldives now that leaves the beach to nature’s course Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More